A.G. Williams Painting Co Inc

Founded 1906 • With Angi since September 2007

411 Fifth Ave

Pelham, NY 10803

Family owned and operated for over 100 years, established in 1906. 40+ Full time employees, NOT SUBCONTRACTORS. Office locations in both Westchester County and Greenwich, CT. Call for a written Estimate: (914)738-2860 xt 2. Phones answered live Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Licensed, insured and EPA

11/27/2017

John C.

They were very professional and careful and did a great job.

Description of Work
Prep and paint wooden porch

Category decks, house painters

09/13/2017

Thomas S.

Frank and his team did an excellent job. Great attention to detail and the house now looks brand new. The job had some challenging angles but they still finished in the time frame they estimated at the start. I'm very happy with the work and I'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Painting exterior of house with some patching.

11/07/2016

Fran C.

It was a good experience. Paul, the sales manager, was very responsive to my questions. The crew were fast and professional. The house looks great.

Description of Work
Home exterior (asbestos shingles), doors and deck.

09/19/2016

Mark R.

Went very well. They were professional and did what they said they were going to do and did it well.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of a house

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

09/12/2016

Joseph F.

AG Williams did a very nice job on the apartment repairing all the cracks and painting every room. The main painters were Frank and Umberto and they did an excellent job. I was very pleased with the final product. They were very responsive and attentive to my questions and concerns. I would definitely hire AG Williams again - real quality work.

Description of Work
First Floor Apt Complete Painting

Category interior painters

12/06/2015

Michael C.

Where AG Williams gets points is in their prep work on the ceilings and walls. These look excellent. Also, they showed up for work everyday precisely as scheduled. However, whether they held up to the contractual obligation to keep dust down is arguable. Also, lines that are supposed to be straight are kind of straight; I think curvy in places. The loss of points comes from other issues. We had a plan proposed with the contractor to do the job in three stages. This was violated. By the fifth day the painters had taken over the house. As for paint quality, although the large flat areas were excellent, the edges are a problem. They painted where the trim (glossy paint) meets walls incorrectly. Painters let the glossy paint spill over onto the walls. Then, as soon as it was tacky, they went back over it with the flat wall paint. Within days this was cracking. I spoke to the estimator in the middle of the job and complained and suggested this may have been variable based on individual employee, but this incorrect method continued for the remainder of the job. Some of these areas was painted over with flat later, but these cracking areas are evident from more than a meter away. They also caked on too much paint on some of the trim; occasional drips/thick spots are evident. A major complaint is that the master bedroom door closed fine before the paint job and now has to be forced. They said, "It's an old house but we'll look at it." They did not rectify this even though we asked repeatedly. Partway through the job we also said that they were not being careful enough about drips on the floor. They ignored this and when they left, on the last day announced they were done and took off, they left paint on floors, doorknobs, windows. There remains spots on a door primed but not made glossy. In the living room, which they did on the last day so we had no chance to inspect before they left, they painted a strip of wall the wrong color and did not prep it smooth. I wonder if part of the reason they left so fast is because on the penultimate days they asked for $250 additional to paint the trim on windows in one room. This was ridiculous; the windows were there when the estimator gave us the original bid and on the day of the walk through one week before work began. There are more details, but this will suffice for a deserved negative review.

Description of Work
Was supposed to paint most interior rooms. Complete prepping of walls. Not stripping trim, just brightening up.

Category replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]- We are disappointed that we weren’t able to finish the work in a way that satisfied you, but we are glad that you appreciated our prep work and punctuality. To clarify, this particular project involved interior painting in a home that is over a century old. Properties of this age can pose unique challenges. Our plan was to paint the home in three smooth, sequential stages, but because of the intermittent availability of the three parts of the home our process was broken up. This also reduced our ability to completely seal the spaces during each stage. We did our best to address each issue as it arose, but we unfortunately were not able to meet the expectations here. Mr. [Member Name Removed], we wish you all the best moving forward, and hope that we might have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

09/12/2015

Barbara G.

They were very honest and told us that they could not do that type of repair and if we got a carpenter to do the work they would be happy to return and paint. Would definitely call them for paint jobs.

Description of Work
We called them for an estimate of wood repair on front of housethey came out but saidthey could not do the work.

08/15/2015

Wiley and Marta-Elena W.

We had a couple of meetings with Paul Viggiano to discuss the project. Paul was very informative and thoroughly inspected our kitchen and hallway spaces. He provided us information about the different types of paint needed for the different parts of the room. As part of our Painter of the Day deal, we received the services of a color specialist who helped us pick out the paint color. This was very helpful and we found the perfect shade of blue/grey paint for our project. Our Painter of the Day, was Frank who was on time, meticulous, worked quickly and really did a wonderful job. We bought a couple of Painter of the Day deals because it worked well with the size of our paint project. We are very pleased with the results and had a pleasant experience working with this team. We would recommend A. G. Williams and their Painter of the Day deals.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen, foyer entryway and walls along the entrance to the basement.

07/12/2015

Lynne E.

We purchased a fixer -upper apartment in a lovely pre-war building. The walls were in terrible shape but we intended to do all the painting and plaster work ourselves. Over time, It became painfully apparent that we were not up to the task. I joined Angie's List, made lists and charts of the contractors that passed my search criteria and researched them online. I called and emailed for estimates. After getting in touch with close to 10 painting contractors the field was narrowed down to about 5. This was also going to be a complicated estimate, as it included several rooms and portions that would be the co-op?s responsibility. After meeting with 4 contractors and getting estimates from 3, we decided to go with A.G. Williams even though they were the most expensive. Liane from AGW came within days, got the estimate to us quickly. And she was also great with details and helping us finalize our color choices. Dealing with the management company, applications, and waiting for approvals from the co-op board took some time but A.G. Williams was very patient throughout the process. Their estimate from October 2013 for our living room and foyer was for prep, 3 coats, (primer and 2 coats) ceilings and mouldings, baseboards, and window frames using Benjamin Moore Regal Paints $3640. We received a seasonal reduction of 20% for a total of $2912. An additional $700 was added after work began because the foyer needed a ton of extra work including a skim coat due to walls that had paint over wallpaper puckering, peeling, and it all needed to be scraped off. This old wallpaper was also hiding extremely deep cracks. The work lasted a full 5 days with 2 to 3 men working each day. I can?t impress how hard Christian and his team worked to pull it all together and what a beautiful job they did! They left the place relatively clean each night so we could get around without trekking debris and they protected all our rugs and furniture. They took an absolute disaster of an apartment and made it whole again! He discovered that there had been only 3 layers of paint covering the almost 100 year old walls! Our apartment had been poorly maintained. I remember walking around after they had left for the day and just breaking into tears because our place looked like it had been in an earthquake with all the deep cracks. A tremendous amount of plaster and other wall materials were used to fill all the cracks and skill to smooth the walls and ceiling. We also greatly appreciated Paul and Liane inspecting the job site when the job was finished to make sure everything was up to their high standards. We had already seen the sort of poor quality of work we had gotten with the mediocre contractors our co-op had hired for a different project in our apartment and how soon the work fell apart. That is why we hired A.G.Williams. They have been around for over 100 years and they stand by their work! They sent the men back for a few necessary touch ups?..and paid a top notch electrical company to replace an outlet that was damaged during all the construction. We will continue to use AGW and highly recommend them to family and friends! You get what you pay for!

Description of Work
living room and foyer: prep, 3 coats, (primer and 2 coats) ceilings and mouldings, baseboards, and window frames using Benjamin Moore Regal Paints

Category plastering, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, interior painters

05/28/2015

Tina D.

They did a spectacular job. I can't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
They performed a tough replastering job jor us.

Category plastering

05/26/2015

Joan C.

I've been using AG Williams since 2003. George is wonderful, and all his employees are craftsmen. Everything went very well. The job went smoothly, and I was very satisfied with the results. I would certainly use them again, and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I hired a painter for a day - for the touch ups on the woodwork all around the house, before showing it on the market. I also hired a crew to paint the exterior trim, and replace some window panes.

Category glass repair, house painters

03/04/2015

Sheldon H F.

fabulous, jose, the worker was responsive, clean, punctual and above all qualified and capable.

Description of Work
painted and repaired ceiling

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

01/19/2015

ron G.

It went very well worth the price. Although the service seemed pricey the service and team were professional and delivered a quality service, and I will be using them again in the future for sure.

Description of Work
They washed the exterior of house (power wash) and painted the concrete foundation showing below the siding.

Category pressure washing, house painters

01/07/2015

Kristina M.

As always, everything about the job was impeccable. Artie came over immediately when I asked him to, helped me decide what needed doing now, what needed doing later, also helped with recommendations on other service providers because he knows everyone (grout, masonry). His team is still the same as 11 years ago when we moved in, which says something in this business, and also wonderful - clean, polite, punctual and high quality workmen. He came recommended to me by one of the most discerning people I know, and has never disappointed. Honestly, while he is not the cheapest, I find that the price for what you get is very reasonable, and I can trust him not to rip me off or do work just for the sake of getting money.

Description of Work
This last job was touch up and repair - front hall ceiling was cracked, Artie's team put up light mesh and repainted, similar on stairway way, re-papered part of bathroom, painted some other areas.

Category wallpaper, house painters, interior painters

01/05/2015

B L.

Estimate was in upper 25% of those I received, went with less expensive option. Provider was courteous, on time, and provided a reasonable estimate in a quick timeframe. Would consider using this provider in the future.

Description of Work
Painting estimate

12/23/2014

James B.

While not the cheapest alternative out there, I would strongly recommend AG Williams if you want a quality job done and want a trustworthy company to deal with. What we experienced was a very professional operation from start to finish. The sales rep (Liane) was responsive, professional and easy to talk to. The crew was experienced, reliable and customer friendly. After the job was completed there was one small area that was painted incorrectly due to a misunderstanding. When I called to ask if it could be repainted Liane followed up with the same responsiveness and professionalism that she showed on the initial sale.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

12/10/2014

Joan C.

I have been using this company since about 2003. I have always been more than satisfied with their professionalism, punctuality, cleanliness, and of course the quality of the finished product. They are not the least expensive company around, but they are definitely worth the price.

Description of Work
Bedroom - removed old ceiling tiles, installed sheetrock, crown moulding, painted all with two coats of paint.

Category drywall, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

11/20/2014

Steve P.

clean, professional, and easy to deal with

Description of Work
exterior house painting

09/12/2014

Anne M.

Very accommodating |Very clean work in bedroom |Definitely would recommend again.

Category wallpaper, house painters, interior painters

09/08/2014

Andrew P.

The painters sanded, primed and painted the exterior trim. A carpenter came out one day to replace some window sills that had wood rot. All services agreed upon were provided. Only regret is that after the job was done, I wish I had taken a more careful look at 2 door thresholds and had asked that they be replaced with new ones. If the supervisor of the job had noticed it and recommended it I would have agreed to it.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim & moulding. Replaced 2 rotted window sills.

Category woodworking, house painters

09/02/2014

Katherine S.

They did a very good job working with expensive wall paper. Expertly matched and hung. Respectful, clean and efficient. I would definitely recommend as well as work with them again.

Description of Work
Install wall paper in two bathrooms.

Category wallpaper

08/09/2014

Debra A.

Doug Kitchen came to our home and prepared the estimate. He made sure that we could get a start and finish date that would work with my large project based upon a close delivery date of furniture. He followed up throughout the process making sure that we had enough men here to get the job done on time. Henry Jimenez was my team crew leader once the job started. He did an amazing job informing me of what was being done and when things would be completed. His crew Raul Alcantara, Elmer Lemus and Erick Ortiz were all polite, neat and did a wonderful job. I would recommend them to a friend and I would most definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Had our 2 story family room and kitchen walls, trim and ceiling prepared and painted.

06/22/2014

mary W.

I really cannot recommend this company too highly. Whatever you want in a painter, they have it, they do it.

Description of Work
Most recent contact was concerning update of annual service contract, so no $ amount. This company is expensive but well worth it. They are very professional and turn out the best product we have ever had on our house. Also every time Mr. Williams recommends another contractor, I have been very impressed with his recommendations.

05/28/2014

Robert L.

It went fantastically well from beginning to end and we will be having exterior of house painted in June 2014. Leanne helped select the paint colors and was so easy to work with. They applied samples and didn't hesitate when we changed our selections. Painters took extreme care to make repairs and painting was done to perfection. No issues at all.

Description of Work
Repair plaster ceilings damaged by water leak from above. Paint ceilings, walls and trim.

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

05/16/2014

Sheldon H F.

Estimator/overseer is also excellent. She called and visited several times to assure our satisfaction. Crew of three spent eight days on job. On time every day. Accommodating, respectful, professional and proficient. Returned several weeks later for a day of touch-ups etc we requested. No negatives!

Description of Work
Entire interior of house painted.

Category interior painters

HDR Contracting Inc

We specialize in all phases of home building, remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, garages, barns, sheds, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Westchester Fine Carpentry

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in woodworkers trimmer and finish carpenter services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

J & S Painting Plus Inc

J & S Painting Plus, a family owned and operated business for over 30 years, has provided excellent quality interior and exterior residential painting, as well as, commercial painting services. As an expert painting contractor J & S distinguishes itself from the competition by providing clients with the highest standards in customer service while remaining true to its values as a family owned and operated business. Unlike other painting contractors, we offer quality service delivered with reliability and integrity. Additional Phone Number: (866) 489-3802. Free Estimates and plenty of references!

Award 2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential & commercial, interior & exterior painting, wallpaper, power washing, carpentry, decorative painting, faux finishes, design services and professional color consultation to clients.

NA