Custom Windows & Doors Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2011

Hi we have been in business since 1982 same location. We offer free estimate on windows, doors, awnings, gates,greenhouse windows, enclosures railings, windows treatment, round top doors, raidiator covers. We are a family run business given the personal touch. We can customize what other can't do.

2022 Super Service Award

Door Project project

Door Project

door installation

View project

door installation (66)window replacement (20)awnings (17)iron work (4)window treatment (4)woodworking (2)general contractors (1)

02/11/2022

keiko O.

Things went very well. It took a long time to get everything ("supply chain issues") but we were told up front it would be several months so we were prepared to wait. The guys who came were respectful and we were very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
doors and windows

Category awnings, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

Thank you for the review, your house looks great.

02/11/2022

Larry F.

THEY WERE AWESOME, THEY DID A GREAT JOB ,MY OLD DOORS WERE SO BAD & THE FRAME ROTTED ,THEY REMOVED ALL THE WOOD & INSTALLED ALL NEW FRAMING & NEW DOORS. THE WORKER WERE WONDERFUL THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING & POLITE & I HAVE NO DRAFTS .I WOULD RECOMMEND CUSTOM WINDOWS & DOORS TO ANYONE IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE .

Description of Work
doors

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

Thank you for the review it was a pleasure working with such nice customers.

01/11/2022

David V.

The owner, Valentino, came to measure the custom door. He is very knowledgeable and provided excellent advice and guidance. We selected a steel door for our terrace door. The door was installed yesterday by a great team of three workers--Casey, Vee and Rick. They all wore masks, as I requested. They were all professional, polite, hardworking and precise. They worked hard until the door fit exactly perfect. And then they cleaned up and took away all the debris. I highly recommend Valentino and his team at Custom Windows and Doors!

Description of Work
doors

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

Thank you for the nice review.

01/09/2022

Debbie N.

Great company! I needed to replace my regular door and security door. Valentino (the owner) had come by for a free assessment and estimate. He provided a fair assessment without being pushy which I greatly appreciated. The doors were custom made according to the specifications I had chosen. The crew that came by to do the installation were friendly, professional and were respectful of my property. As part of the installation of the doors, they also had to do new jambs and the bottom (I previously had a half step). The end result is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy with my new doors. They are well sealed when closed and I no longer have a draft. I highly recommend Custom Windows & Doors!!

Description of Work
Door replacement

Work Completed On 12/22/2021

Thank you for business and great review.

03/19/2021

Lynn S.

I have a beautiful new door! Valentino worked with me to pick the perfect door to replace the rusted and broken old door for my odd-sized doorway at the front of the building. The installers Casey and Vee could not have been nicer - they were on time, professional, neat, and in touch with me about all necessary details. I definitely recommend them and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of front iron security door for small apartment building

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Thank you for the great review.

02/23/2021

Buonsignore J.

A great experience. Valentino was very helpful and we never felt pressure. The workers were very professional and went the extra mile for us. The actual products purchased far exceeded our expectations doors and hardware are all high end. Would definitely use them again and again.

Description of Work
A screen door and a security door.

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Thank you for the review look forward for the next project.

02/15/2021

Armia B.

Everyone that we had the pleasure to work with were wonderful from selecting the type of doors, the explanation of the process, and the installation. The installation was done in a a matter of hours and the installers were polite, efficient, and cleaned up when the job was done. We have already referred our friends and family because of our satisfaction. Thank you for a great experience and a job well done.

Description of Work
We had 2 security doors installed as well as a front inside door.

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

Thank you for your business and review.

02/12/2021

Greg A.

Fantastic window installation by Custom Windows and Doors! Val the owner was involved in every step of our process. He was helpful, friendly, thorough and courteous. Val came to our home for an estimate, did a follow up visit and also showed up to check in with his team on the day of installation. He is an expert! We are so happy with the windows (they look awesome) and the job done. We are big fans of Custom Windows and Doors are very satisfied customers! We highly recommend Custom Windows and Doors!

Description of Work
Window replacemebt

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

Thank you for your business and review.

01/14/2021

Rosemary A.

Excellent work. Great care was taken in installing front doors. Crew came when promised. Cleaned up when done. They were courteous, professional and knowledgeable. Extremely satisfied overall!

Description of Work
door

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Thank your for being a great customer.

11/06/2020

Richard O.

Went to Homedepot and saved $1700.00 for the same exact b.

Description of Work
Exterior & Storm Doors

Category awnings, doors

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

This is a bogus review. Just someone who is trying to hurt my business.I have no record of this person and we never performed any work for him. Our doors are the best doors made in USA not like the box stores that are made in China.

10/28/2020

Ken H.

Val and his office are terrific! Highly responsive and consultative. Definitely with their custom work, it isn't not the run of the mill stuff. Here's what happened to us. At parent's 70 y.o house, I know the basement door was only replaced once, but my mom was so finicky about security that she had the steel frame cemented into the foundation of the house, so that made the steel door really custom, which was done almost 30 years ago We've gone to Home Depot and Windowrama, both sent guys out to measure and did their homework to see if they can just replace the door and not touch the frame since it is solidly embedded in cement. None of them wanted to take on the job! Found Val here on Angie's List and after he saw what we had, his recommendations were smart and on target - mold a new frame on top of the old frame, then the new steel door would be customized to fit that new frame! The door he recommended has got a large window that can be opened to air musty basement odor and it has a security screen that no burglars can penetrate to bust the glass and attempt unlocking from the inside. It is perfect, looks terrific and so functional. Should have sought out Val first, instead of wasting more than a year between the other vendors who can only sell stock doors when our house needs top quality custom work.

Description of Work
Custom Exterior Basement door

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Review for Custom Windows & Doors Inc - 106-20 Rockaway Blvd, Ozone Park, NY - 38985973

08/26/2020

Giovanni G.

Custom windows and doors did a great job! We love the doors finish and color. Everyone who sees it gives us a complement. The installer Brown was amazing. He got to my home at 9:30 and didn’t leave till 4pm. It took him all day because of the Structural issues with the house. The entrance in the back wasn’t built right. It wasn’t level. When he tried to put the new door on it wouldn’t fit. He had to Chisel cement pieces off the frame of the house to correct the problem. He then had to get creative with wood placement. He insulated everything and even fixed my bell which was installed incorrectly. He was so patient and even worked through lunch to finish. Brown was amazing through and through. I would definitely use these guys again. It’s hard to find workers who are as skilled as Brown. His company is very lucky to have him. 5 stars all around!!

Description of Work
Replace our back door

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for Custom Windows & Doors Inc - 106-20 Rockaway Blvd, Ozone Park, NY - 38830799

Thank for the review the door looks great. Stay safe.

06/20/2020

Lucy M.

I ordered them on 6/8 and left a deposit. Mr. Valentino said it would take about 6 weeks.

Description of Work
I ordered three doors 1 entrance and 2 storm doors.

Category awnings, doors

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Thank you for the review. Hope to se you again on your next project.

01/24/2020

Burt Gass & Natalie F.

They came on time. Did what i asked. They knew what they were doing. The result looks beautiful! I will call them again if i need their services.

Description of Work
Replaced my outside stair railings.

Category wrought iron, doors

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Thank you for the review, look forward In the future to work with you again.

01/07/2020

Margaret S.

Excellent work. Perfect fit. Great job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
replace interior and exterior doors and jams

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

12/06/2019

Robert D.

It was great! Very professional and a wonderful job. Very kind people.

Description of Work
odds and ends

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

Thank you for the review, have a great holiday.

11/15/2019

stephen C.

Great! The entire process was easy and smooth from start to finish! Would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
New windows for the front of my townhouse

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Thank you I appreciate it.

11/14/2019

Joshua A.

Valentino and his crew were great. The storm doors Valentino suggested are perfect for the space. The crew took their time to install and make sure the fit and swing of the doors were perfect. His crew were clean, polite, and responded to every question or concern I had with a smile.

Description of Work
I had to replace two storm/screen doors that opened up to my patio and pool area.

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Thank you for the review much appreciate.

11/09/2019

Nredon N.

Amazing! The most professional and skilled crew I have ever had work on my home. Would highly recommend them! Also the owner took the extra time to walk me though the entire process and give professional recommendations before we ordered the doors. Really top notch!

Description of Work
Replace exterior door

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

Thank you for the review.

09/27/2019

g Z.

Fantastic. I have a beautiful awning. It was installed securely. A plus!!!

Description of Work
Awnings

Category awnings

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Thank you very much for the review. Grazie mille. Nice talking to you in Italian.

08/24/2019

Rusdyn L.

Awesome experience! The door looked great. Definitely going to use them again to replace other doors and windows on my house.

Description of Work
New Front Entrance Door

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

Review for Custom Windows & Doors Inc - 106-20 Rockaway Blvd, Ozone Park, NY - 38071747

Thank you for the review the doors look great.

05/24/2019

rita F.

The door took 6 weeks to make. It looks terrific. It has a screen inside of the window so is hidden when not in use. Instal was on time.

Description of Work
new screen door for my terrace

Work Completed On 05/24/2019