Modern Window of NY Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2010

For close to 30 years, Modern Window has been synonymous with premium, custom window solutions for Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. When you add our ability to make yours a more eco-friendly home with the fact that we specialize in 100% American-made windows, it’s clear why this local, family-owned company has found success for so long. Call 716-873-8800 for your free, no-obligation appointment today! ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

4.3

window replacement (155)door installation (13)woodworking (4)window treatment (4)glass repair (3)egress window (3)insulation (2)Patios (1)basement remodeling (1)siding companies (1)roofing (1)flooring (1)

09/20/2022

Rachel E.

I was contacted by Modern Windows claiming I was entered into a contest and my name was drawn. I was offered a discount on a window purchase or upgrade and agreed to setup the consultation for a quote. When the salesman arrived, he kept telling me I need my husband available in order to give me a quote. I am a single woman and sole owner of my home. I explained this to the salesman and he said it didn't matter that I need my spouse available. So not only was I refused a quote for being a single woman, I was also denied the discount that THEY called and offered me 🤦

Description of Work
Discriminatory Practices

Category replacement windows

Ms. [Member Name Removed]: We are sorry for any confusion regarding your appointments. You made an appointment with us at 11 a.m. on August 26, for a free window estimate and to deliver your discount voucher. When our representative arrived at your house, you were not home. The office called you, and you said you were at the store. We rescheduled the appointment for another day. When our representative arrived for the second scheduled appointment, your significant other was at the door and leaving the home. You did not come to the door but spoke to our representative through an upstairs window. We offer estimate appointments to include anyone that may possibly assist customers choosing an appropriate product. This is a convenience to homeowners, and it applies to all customers regardless of gender. I you would like, we are ready and able to set an appointment again with you, should you decide to do so. Sincerely, Modern Window of NY, Inc.

09/14/2022

Steven P.

I had Modern Window put in a very large window right in the front of my house, a window that changes the entire look. They use ProVia products which are made here in the USA. This is not a ProVia review as they are the only reason my sanity is remotely intact after this ordeal. I was PROMISED by my salesman a clean, finished look. I have gotten nothing but the opposite. After the install I contacted the company due to the attached pictures of the "finished" product which was embarrassing and just shy of dangerous to my house. The roof was built right over top of my existing siding and caulked on. The shingles were not the right color which they had blamed on supply chain issues (They went to home Depot the day of install for them. I ordered the window and install with detailed instructions months prior) flashing was wavy, uneven, and had large gaps. Great for a fresh hornets nest. The roof was FAR from centered. And they've all but destroyed my landscaping. Oh yeah. I almost forgot I couldn't open the brand new window because it touched the roof. "okay sir we will fix it" I was scheduled a month out for them to redo it. Fine. Companies are busy. I get it. Well today they came to redo it. The hole in my siding? Too small. The frame of the roof? Split at almost every corner due to them not predrilling. The J-channel to keep water out? Wavy and uneven. Then it started to rain and the installers left saying the office would call me shortly to schedule them to come back leaving two gaping holes in the bottom of the roof. I'm beyond angry at this point. How does a company like that get 4.8 stars? Regular windows? If you don't know how to do the job hire somebody that can. If your wondering too the job was just shy of $9000. That doesn't like like $9000 to me. Don't waste your money, go with anybody else. Even a stranger that says they can do it, at least then you'll get what you pay for. UPDATE 9/14 Forgot to mention during install they tried to leave a ROTTED sil for this behemoth window to rest on to save a buck. Attached picture. Today after having left this review and leaving an angry E-Mail to the GM I was sent out a two man crew to "rectify" the issue. Rick, the owner had a conversation with me about what was expected and I told him the solution to the problem is to remove the overhang, cut the siding down larger, and replace the overhang adding J-channel for a clean, watertight, finished look. He told me that's not an option and instead we would have to figure out another solution. God bless Adam and Brandon for all of their hard work today making it to where at least now it looks like a professional FIXED a botched job. Granted I am still going to have to remove the overhang to reside my house and we had to get quite creative with the caulk, but hey. Now I won't get laughed at by my neighbors and it will keep the expensive new window dry for now. When the guys finished the mcgivered fix to an awful situation I had a conversation with Rick and he wanted to know if I was satisfied. I explained to him that I am not and for me to be satisfied the roof would have to had been redone to the correct size and J-channel flush all the way around. He said he's sorry and instead insulted me with a gift card for my wife and I to go to dinner. A gift card for those who don't know won't keep my window watertight or help me to not redo all their hard work when I need to redo my siding. Anyhow he asked that I take down this review. I will not, I do NOT recommend Modern Window to ANYONE. Especially not someone who won't babysit the guys and might look at a botched job and think it's all okay. It's all fun and games until it's raining inside after all. At this point I'm considering legal action for Deceit, Fraud, and Defective Construction Work as I know for a fact the framing is cracked, splitting, not flush to the wall, and I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing holding the weight of the window. Pretty sure bribery is frowned upon too. FIND ANOTHER CONTRACTOR!!!

Description of Work
Bow window with exterior overhang.

Category roofing, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

05/03/2022

Rose P.

Installed 4 double hung window replacements in a few hours. Cleanup was thorough. Day later had a couple concerns with the windows and contacted Christine. She proceeded to resolve as quickly as possible. She was very thorough in addressing our concerns. Very pleased with techs Cody, Brandon, Chance and Jesse in coming out and going over the items and completing what needed to be done to resolve. Great customer service. Very satisfied with the window replacements and trim. This is our 2nd replacements (first 2011). Have not any issues in 10 years with that installation. Will definitely use Modern in the future and recommend to others.

Description of Work
4 Double Hung Replacements

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

[Member Name Removed] - It is a pleasure doing business with you. We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations. We strive for excellent customer service. Enjoy your windows for many years to come. ~Modern Window of NY, Inc.

09/14/2021

FRANCIS U.

GREAT JOB; THEY DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS CONTRACTED. CLEANED UP, TOOK ALL THE RUBBISH AND LEFT THE PLACE IN A-ONE CONDITION, ALSO EXPLAINED WHAT WAS DONE, WHY, AND THE OPERATION OF THE INSTALLED ITEMS. EXTREMELY PLEASED!

Description of Work
REPLACED LIVING ROOM PICTURE WINDOW & PATIO DOORS

Category egress windows, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

12/27/2020

linda C.

From the first phone call this was the most professional experience I've had with anything done at my home. Sales person was accurate, office personnel polite and responsive, and installation guys were wonderful. I've had other windows installed and this experience was by far much better. The final product really added to the appraised value of my home. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Windows purchased and installed

Category egress windows

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

09/20/2020

Christine H.

OMG I couldn't ask for any thing better. Christine was so helpful. Answered all my questions and kept me abreast of everything. Delivery was timely especially considering covid. The installation crew was so professional and considerate of our home. Windows are beautiful and installed perfectly. Highly recommend Modern Windows.

Description of Work
Total window replacement

Category replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/02/2019

Ron L.

This was a large/heavy installation of a window. They arrived on time and worked non-stop until it was done. The four of them worked as a team supporting each other. Not one cuss word was said during the entire time of the installation. They communicated to me often to describe the work and to provide updates. Thank you Modern for a job well done!

Description of Work
Replacement of a large picture with two double hung side windows.

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

09/23/2019

Susan B.

The process was easy and stress free from beginning until the end. Had modern windows before and they will fix them guaranteed forever. Great windows,professional in every way.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

09/09/2019

Tammy S.

We are very happy with the windows, door and the service. The windows themselves are great - made and work smoothly. The installers were polite and respectful of the house and kept things clean. The sales person was not pushy. The price was 1/2 of another quote we received, for a better product. The installers took 2 days, rather then the 1 day we thought it would take. We plan on having them do 5 more windows and 2 doors.

Description of Work
We had 11 windows and one sliding glass door replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Review for Modern Window of NY Inc - 227 Thorn Ave, Orchard Park, NY - 38096263

06/16/2019

Dennis H.

Install went great, as far as product and quality of windows, I would recommend them to anyone. The problem comes in when you have one. The dining room bay window had a minor leak, it took weeks just to get someone to look at it, he made a temporary repair, said he needed to order materials and would call to complete repairs when they came in. I then noticed that they used two different kinds of flashing material on the windows, contacted office and told them about it, very sorry, will order proper flashing and take care of everything. Let’s just say, over 6 weeks ago and still waiting for a call. The windows are great just hope you don’t need any service.

Description of Work
Windows replaced

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

04/29/2019

Diana I.

Arrived right on time and work was completed professionally and efficiently. All questions were answered.

Description of Work
windows replaced

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

02/26/2019

Terry N.

Awesome experience, this is a company that goes above and beyond expectations! Pleasant, friendly and professional every step of the way, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replacement Picture Window

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

Review for Modern Window of NY Inc - 227 Thorn Ave, Orchard Park, NY - 37733480

10/04/2018

Patricia W.

It went very well. The salesperson satisfactorily explained all of the details and issues to my sister (who resides where the windows were to be installed as I live out of town) who in turn explained everything I needed to know to me. It went very well. The salesperson thoroughly explained all issues and information. The price was right in the range I was looking for. The process started late July 2018 and the project was completed by September. The installers were very courteous, worked quickly and cleaned up all debris. We were very pleased with the quality of the windows and the expert installation. I plan on hiring this company next spring to replace the windows on the other side of the home.

Description of Work
Replacement of windows on one side of the house ( 5 double hung windows)

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

09/14/2018

Jim W.

Very professional company from start to finish. Did everything they said they would when they said they would. Did not have to chase them! Chad P. did a great job on the estimate, he gave me a solution that saved me some money that no other place offered, he knew his stuff and listened to me. Big Dave and crew showed up on time and worked non-stop until done, cleaned up like they were never here. Looks Perfect! Would hire Modern again.

Description of Work
Bow Window Replacement

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

09/12/2018

Peggy M.

Five guys showed up on time. They were respective of our home. They worked well together (even in the rain) and were very pleasant. They look great!

Description of Work
5 replacement double hung windows

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

07/26/2018

Diana I.

Excellent crew! A little problem with product but quick response and solution. Windows are good quality and construction. Have more to replace and would call Modern again. Office response immediate and very helpful.

Description of Work
replace all windows

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

10/30/2017

David V.

All installers arrived on time. I requested to save the wood from old window for one & they did. Helped remove nails.

Description of Work
Remove and install Bay window in living room

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

09/28/2017

Andrew W.

Crew was quick & efficient. "Pricey" job but finished job very nice.

Description of Work
7 new triplepane windows installed. Old ones removed. Trimmed inside w/ 3/4 round wood and white flashing. Outside trimmed out in white flashing a LSO.

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

09/22/2017

Kimberly H.

David and his crew of wonderful helpers was on time, gave a very good price & services. Installed my windows quikcly. They also cleaned up after themselves. It was a nice experience.

Description of Work
Installing new replacements windows for 5 bedrooms / 4 kitchen / and one bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

09/03/2017

Robert & Kimberly P.

The workers arrived on time and kept moving to complete the job in a short period of time. They started about 8 am and were done by noon. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
They replaced 6 windows in our home. The windows we had replaced were very old and rotten. THey fixed and explained everything they needed to do.

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

08/31/2017

Katherine T.

Very professional, experienced and worked quickly! Left everything spotless. I wish all jobs could be so pleasant.

Description of Work
Installed 6 double hung windows.

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

08/23/2017

Ingrid H.

They were all on time. Got old windows out - put new bay window in - very professional - answered all our questions.

Description of Work
Put in a bay window.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017