OSI Comfort Specialists

Founded 1935 • With Angi since January 2006

3555 Hargale Ct

Oceanside, NY 11572

OSI Comfort Specialists provides the very best in home comfort service. Our customers have the most comfortable homes and the lowest fuel consumption because we provide the most modern equipment and the most thorough maintenance services. We integrate solar and geothermal energy with oil and natural gas through the use of advanced hybrid equipment and control systems. Consumption of fuel is minimized, but you sacrifice nothing in comfort or convenience. Our 70-plus years of experience has taught us to anticipate your every need. We maintain your equipment, simplify your payments, deliver your fuel automatically, and shield you from unchecked costs with our price protection and service plans. Additional phones - (516) 764-2300, (516) 374-1133....

04/23/2020

susan K.

We have been customers of OSI for over 35 years. They have been an honest and reliable company with great service. They show up promptly in an emergency no matter what the weather or hour of day or night. My oil is delivered automatically when the tank is half full. I never have to worry about running out of oil or waiting long when I have a problem with either heat or air conditiioning. They are great!

Description of Work
Receiving oil delivery and maintenance and purchasing of oil burning boiler and water storage tank. Also air conditioning solutions.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, heating oil companies

04/14/2020

Michele S.

Beyond Amazing, Quality workmanship, Quality Product, Quality craftsmanship, great experience ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Description of Work
Whole new heating system

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, heating oil companies

10/03/2017

Allan M.

They came to clean up the heater. It's apart of the service when you get gas, rather oil from them. The price of their fuel is good. Their very very responsive when you have a problem. They went out of their way in the middle of a snowstorm, they're there. We had my parents living with us until they passed away and obviously people in their 90s need heat. They came to the house and made sure we had heat. They're very very polite. They're very responsive. They cleanup. They do a very great job.

Description of Work
They provide heater maintenance services.

10/03/2017

Allan M.

We had some kind of a problem with the boiler. They came and fixed it. They were very responsive. We called them. They have people on call that come within an hour or so or less and do the job, cleanup and leave. It was free with the service. If you buy oil from them, it's apart of their service.

Description of Work
They repaired the boiler.

06/30/2017

Elysa P.

Thank you Michael. Thank you Mike. Thank you Micky. Thank you Jason,Russell ,Jonathan, Joe and George too. We have had OSI as our oil company since we moved into our house 20 1/2 years ago ! Always loved the service for routine maintenance and emergency repairs. You have been reliable and professional. When you added "Comfort Specialists" to your company, we jumped on the bandwagon. You have been routinely servicing our central air conditioning since. However, last Sunday our air handler unit (in the attic) was leaking and your office was there to take our call, order the unit, and replace it by Tuesday. All done within 3 days ! Your men are professional and personable which is a rare combination. They took the time to explain everything while completing the job in a neat efficient manner. We are thoroughly pleased with your service and highly recommend you to our neighbors and friends. Thank you again as we enjoy the cool comfort of our home on these hot summer days.

Description of Work
Air handler old and leaking water. Needed to be replaced.

02/25/2017

Arthur S.

We have a service contract with them. We pay around $198 for the service contract plus you have to pay what they are charging per gallon. The service contract is to service the boiler. They come in once annually or semi-annually and service the boiler. They have done right by us ever since we had them. I have not had any complaints with them. We have been using them for 30 years.

Description of Work
The only on I have is my oil company which is OSI Oil Company. They just deliver oil and they work on my burner.

02/07/2017

Dana R.

Absolutely excellent. They were fast, efficient, professional, and effective. Their quote was one-third the price of another quote I had received from another local company and they did a great job. I would recommend them to anyone and have already let my neighbors know!

Description of Work
Replaced furnace/air-conditioner.

01/28/2017

Virginia V.

I guess price is okay. They're okay. I have no complaints. I have a contract with them.

Description of Work
They're the company I use for fuel oil.

Category heating oil companies

10/07/2016

Jason S.

Great! Mike and his team at OSI were great! Angelo quickly diagnosed the problem and came up with a plan to fix the pipe. The next day he came back to fit our schedule and fixed the pipe completely. The OSI Team truly came to our rescue during our emergency.

Description of Work
Toilet leadbend was replaced after a leak was discovered.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, drain cleaning

09/01/2016

Stacey B.

They are honest. AC stopped working right before a heat wave. Every other company tried to get me to replace it because it was "old" so I decided to get some quotes. I had given up trying to fix it. OSI came and fixed it in 5 minutes and told me I didn't need to replace any parts never mind the whole unit!! What a relief especially eight before a heat wave. I definitely recommend this company. Honest is hard to find.

Description of Work
Fix or replace AC

06/27/2016

Thomas B.

Same day appointment. Replaced a part on my AC unit and got it up and running in a couple of hours

Description of Work
Fixed my AC unit!

10/30/2015

Michael W.

OSI showed up at our house in the middle of a snow storm to fix our oil furnace. They came quickly and got our heat up and running. I was so grateful for the prompt response.

Description of Work
Repaired Oil Furnace.

10/07/2015

Irene G.

Went great. They installed it and were responsible in coming to check it. They also maintain and repair my AC and heating units. The men who come are always very professional and have a great attitude.

Description of Work
Checked my back up generator to endure working well in case of hurricane.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/24/2015

Eileen B.

Punctual, professional, knowledgeable

Description of Work
Checked on our climate control system, made adjustments

09/23/2015

Tim D.

The guys were punctual and very professional. They even explained some problems they saw down in the boiler room that needed fixing, but didn't give me the hard sell, which is nice. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced my boiler

04/22/2015

Barbara C.

They came on time and installed the part. The company has checked the furnace every fall and.fixed problems for us for many years . they were the best oil company we had in the thirty three years we lived at that address.

Description of Work
Put a part on the furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for this review.

04/06/2015

Virginia V.

It went very smoothly. On time and pleasant.

Description of Work
Checked and tuned my heating system as per contract.

04/02/2015

Jeremy E.

I have been using OSI for Years. In my old house they converted one zone heat to 4 Zone and 1 zone AC to to 2 Zone. The work they performed was as quoted and professionally installed. I have since moved to an Oil home and took them along with me. Never had oil before and they have been a huge help in understanding the new process. Overall an amazing service company

Description of Work
Heat and AC Zone Add on & Oil Delivery and maintenance.

10/03/2014

Steve T.

They said they would send the guy out. He had me call him back, rather than the other way around to confirm the appointment. The appointment had to be changed. Finally, a third time we were able to get together. He would have the guy come to the house. However, they did the air conditioning. I was not satisfied from the work. Everything was done outside the home. The part that I was truly disappointment with was, that he said he could service the oil furnace and they did not fulfill that agreement. So, I ended up paying more to get less.

Description of Work
It was a predetermine agreement that they were going to service my air conditioning and oil furnace.

05/30/2014

Bryan O.

It was fine! We have been using them for a number of years now. the workers that came out were very good. The last time was in last winter. The service cost about seven hundred dollars.

Description of Work
OSI Comfort Specialists came out and repaired my oil furnace.

12/16/2013

saskia L.

We called at 11:30 in the evening when we discovered our boiler was not functioning. An hour later Anup the technician was at our door and fixed our problem. My family has used OSI for over 35 years and we have never had anything but positive experiences with the staff that answers the phone and the technicians that come to our house. Anup has been coming to our service our boiler for several years now and we have nothing but excellent experiences with him and OSI

Description of Work
Clean filter to boiler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, drain cleaning, heating oil companies

12/13/2013

Tim D.

Went very well. We just moved into a new house so I wanted to get the heating looked at by a professional before the winter kicked into full swing, and we needed one new thermostat. Comfort specialists was highly rated on Angies list, so I called them. They had an appointment within a couple days (it was non emergency) and were punctual. The gentlemen was very nice and not only checked everything out, he walked me through how everything works, what to look for in the future, and how to maintain the system. I very much appreciated it being a new homeowner.

Description of Work
Checkup on my heating and replace thermostat.

08/26/2013

Frank G.

They were excellent! I've used them for 20 years and they are just terrific! The service men are knowledgeable and courteous.

Description of Work
I used OSI Comfort Specialists for heating and A/C.

06/28/2013

Jan'et P.

I have now come full circle with all services to be provided from OSI. From the first visit with their sales rep Matt to my recent oil burner problem. Matt was friendly and informative. The phone rep was very nice getting me set-up with my first delay even though it was just after hurricane Sandy. I was able to meet with the gentleman making the actual oil delay and, while it is not the easiest of deliveries, made it look so. Also he did what others seem not to deem too important and he closed every gate after each delay. I Thank you and the dogs do too! Now I had my first service call and also I would give that repairman and the repair an A+.

Description of Work
Service on Boiler.

06/03/2013

Shelly D.

After dealing with this company for heating for many years, Seeing they were on the list for A/C II tried to get them down to fix my a/c during a medical emergency. They said they were too booked. I asked the manager to call back. Next morning after no call, I called again was told the manager would call back...no call. Finally, I called another company on the list that was terrific. They not only fit me in because of the emergency, they showed me where the technician from OSI had not replaced essential doors on my furnace during his last visit. That sloppy job caused me to loose hot air all winter, and would have been responsible for cool air lost this summer. I called and got the owner of OSI on the phone. He was extremely defensive and went on to become rude. I told him his company is not what it used to be and got too big too fast. His answer was they didn't get too big they just have too many customers. I think that says it all!!!!!

Description of Work
Prior work on heat.. Did sloppy job. Never showed up for a/c.

Gotham Builders of New York

NYC & Long Island's finest home remodeling and home improvement resource. Gotham Builders has 35 years of experience in exterior and interior projects in the area. We specialize in kitchen, bathroom, basements, roofing, siding and masonry. Gotham builders will act as your adjuster. Adjusters charge you up to 10% of the claim. Gotham has adjusters on staff and will adjust your claim free of charge as long as we get the job. We want to see the insurance money go back into your home rather than the adjusters pocket. Long Island location: 108 W Merrick Rd, Freeport, NY 11520; NYC Location 203 20 Rockyhill Rd Bayside NY 11361. Associates: Gregory Perrotta, President, Kat O'shea, Project Manager. Schedule an estimate with Jackie Ardi by calling (347) 269-0048. Award winning.

Offers by Gotham Builders of New York on Angi
    Dart Restoration Corp

Restoring homeowner's property with ease and comfort. PROPERTY RESTORATION PROCESS Damage Assessment Evaluation Processing Permits Preparing necessary documents for insurance company Completing various certificates from the mortgage company Demolition Debris removal to prepare for reconstruction Schedule inspections Design plans Walk through of completed work

Rainbow International Of Ozone Park

******WE DO NOT TEST FOR MOLD***** WE SPECIALIZE IN WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION, FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION, SMOKE DAMAGE RESTORATION, MOLD REMEDIATION (AFTER SOMEONE ELSE TESTS FOR MOLD). Established in 1981, Rainbow International offers home restoration, commercial restoration and carpet cleaning services through over 400 locations worldwide. Our restoration services cover fire damage restoration, water damage restoration, mold removal, smoke damage restoration, and more. When disaster strikes you can rely on rapid and professional restoration service from Rainbow International. Our service locations are on call 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Rainbow International is fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. The IICRC has served as the industry guardian for inspection, restoration and cleaning services for over 30 years. Rainbow International is a subsidiary of Neighborly, a worldwide franchise holding corporation supporting over 1,500 franchisees in ten countries.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Heating oil delivery, home heating equipment installation & service, a/c installation & repair, plumbing & solar energy.