First Class Roofing

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2010

3072 Brower Avenue

Oceanside, NY 11572

First Class Roofing Inc is a friendly, reliable and affordable roofing company that prides in its hard work, ambition, safety and honesty. We perform roofing inspections, repairs and new installations. We are fully licensed and insured and a part of the Better Business Bureau.

01/28/2019

Sheri D.

Jay is thorough, punctual, courteous and caring. He seemed to be truly dedicated to making sure everything got taken care of properly. Work was performed competently and cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
Partial roof replacement

10/25/2018

Jim E.

Great job, great price. Thanks Jay!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

10/22/2018

denis L.

Cancelled appointment then showed up unannounced five hours early at second appointment . Did not call back with estimate. When asked several days later , could not bother with an estimate. A waste of time.

Description of Work
roof repairs

Our first appointment, 10/2/18, which we needed to reschedule due to weather was for 10/8/18 and Jay showed up on time at 1 p.m in Locust Valley. He did a full inspection and took pictures of your roof and then I gave you a call to let you know that this is a job we CANNOT handle. We didn't beat around the bush or lie to you, we told you the truth immediately, that this is something we cannot handle. Your response to my phone call was appalling to say the least. Your review to this situation is more than unacceptable.

10/09/2018

Rosette F.

Jay arrived early, checked out our roof, tarred around the room's skylight, siliconed the second story windows in the back of the house, and even cleaned part of my gutter -- all for FREE. (He also told us our 17-year-old roof was in good condition and showed us how to silicone the downstairs windows ourselves.) We were shocked. Thank you, Jay. We won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of a roofer.

Description of Work
We needed someone to check out some small leaks we had in our sun room.

08/07/2017

Chris M.

Excellent. Jay showed up on time for the estimate. He quickly diagnosed the problem and took the time to take me on the roof and explain the solution. Get this, he fixed it at no charge!! This is after a I received other estimates around 6-7 grand. I am eternally grateful for Jay's honesty and integrity and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a knowledgable and HONEST roofer.

Description of Work
Ice damming on flat roof

09/18/2016

Mark C.

Description of Work
Jay (owner) of First Class Roofing was great. His company was professional from top to bottom, and the pricing was reasonable. I could not have been more satisfied!

06/17/2016

Helen C.

Jay was very professional and friendly. The crew was also friendly and respectful of my property. They came very early each day (2 days) as promised. The price was in sync with 2 other estimates I had gotten, maybe even a little better. Jay noticed I had some water damage behind my siding and caulked the areas where the water was getting in. They even changed out the bulbs in the security lights since they had the tall ladders and I couldn't do it myself. When they were finished, they cleaned up everything as if they were never there. I was extremely pleased with Jay and the service he provided. I highly recommend First Class Roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof. Repaired valleys where leaking. Caulked around windows and vents. Changed security light bulbs.

05/13/2016

Rita and Dennis F.

03/03/2016

BARBARA H.

great!

Description of Work
I called at 10:00 am and the repair was completed before 11:00 am. Now that's incredible service!!!!!! Took pictures of the problem on the roof, (done by another contractor) and fixed it. Refused to take a payment, but I forced him to.

07/27/2015

John A.

Cant say enough good things about First Class Roofing.They worked fast and got the job done right.They went above and beyond my expectations.Jay the owner was on hand to make sure everything agreed upon was done right. His crew were all very respectful and professional. I would highly recommend First Class.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof on my house and garage.

05/15/2015

John C.

Jay was one the first roofers to come and look at the job to give an estimate. He explained everything in detail, including options and costs. He was able to quickly schedule the job, showed up early, and completed everything that was agreed to, in addition to a few small other things at no additional cost. He and his crew were neat and professional. There was never a heavy sales pitch or pressure to do anything. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Removed old shingle roof and Installed new rubber roof on small covered porch.

10/15/2014

Nancy H.

Description of Work
excellent perfect

Thank you for your business. You were a pleasure to work with.

05/15/2014

Rosia M.

05/20/2013

Bret S.

After talking to a total of five roofing companies from Angie's List, I knew Jay from First Class Roofing was the man for the job. He was one of two estimators who actually climbed on the roof, measured it, and looked for damages. Then he provided me with an accurate estimate and a start date. He didn't promise to give me something "free" or offer me a "promotional" deal to rush my decision. Jay's price was not the cheapest, it was what seemed fair. After scheduling the job, I got a call that the work had to be postponed 2 days--but it was due to the weather forecast of rain. I appreciated the call and totally understand since my roof is quite steep and would make the job dangerous, if not impossible to climb. On the rescheduled work day, the crew arrived early and in a whirlwind of non-stop banging for 2-days, the job was completed flawlessly and cleaned up. First Class Roofing did a first-class job. Jay delivered everything he said, on time and on budget. He actually did more than he promised, fixing some unexpected problems. I am extremely happy with our new roof and would highly recommend Jay for your next roofing project. In fact, I've given his phone number to my mother-in-law. That should show you how much I trust him on delivering quality work.

Description of Work
Ripped off & replaced roofing tiles. Replaced damaged roofing plywood, installed proper venting.

04/22/2013

Rachele D.

Visit went great. This company is totally trustworthy.

Description of Work
Plumbing renovations

Category plumbing

02/27/2013

RJ P.

Jay and First Class Roofing are knights in shining armor (and I'm no damsel in distress!) Twice in the last year has Jay and First Class Roofing come to my aid. Twice has Jay or one of his excellent mechanics sealed leaks in a new roof installed by some carpetbagger from one of Newsday's "pennysaver" type advertisers. About a year ago I contracted to have my flat garage roof recovered. I found a "leak finder" to do the job. A torch down rubber roof was his suggestion and would I please pay cash. The job was terrible and leaked with the first rainstorm. I got hosed. I got what I deserved, a leaky, lousy, miserable job by an unlicensed slob who refused to answer my calls to repair the damage he had done. S.O.B. First Class Roofing was putting a new roof on my neighbor's house. I asked Jay to give me an estimate to repair the leaks. Jay dispatched his crew to do a temporary repair at no charge. After Sandy came and went the roof began to leak again. I called First Class to have them do the roof over correctly. Out of the blue, a mechanic arrives with a helper, ladder and caulk to stop the leak again. As soon as Jay and First Class are available, I want them to get rid of the mess the clown left me and do the job right. Jay is amazing.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and sealed leaks in roof.

10/22/2012

John M.

Highly recommend Mark and his team.

Description of Work
Kitchen on one job, bathroom, basement.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your business. It is greatly appreciated.

09/06/2011

Rosia M.

the story told above. First Class Roofing and Jay are the best.

Description of Work
I needed a flat roof done that was supposely already done. jay came over examined the roof and said it need immediate repair. since we were expecting the hurricane he said even though he was busy he would start the job the next day. and true to his word the workers arrived promptly as he said they would. the price was very fair and i didn"t have to pay that day. I couldn"t believe a contractor such as jay existed.. The workers cleaned up everything, it appeared no one ever came to repair the roof. I wish he did other repair jobs. i would refer him to anyone looking to repair their roof.

Thank you for your business. It is greatly appreciated.

08/15/2011

wayne S.

I was entertaining estimates on my roof to be re-done. Jay was my 4th & last. He explained in detail what & why the work that needed to be done. The others where giving estimates assuming half of my plywood roof was useable, ( it was not I saw it ) Jay also informed me that the plywood was to thin to begin with. As per his recommended course of a full rip off & replacing all plywood to the correct thickness, installing proper venting, & his estimate was still the best. As professional as they come, on time all work was done in one day & my yard was spotless at the end.I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
A total evaluation and estimate. Replacement of the entire roof for the house. New plywood, shingles and ventilation.

02/09/2011

Sheryl B.

Overall the job went well. They were punctual and very professional. The price was fair.

Description of Work
First Class Roofing installed a new roof on our home.

05/14/2010

stanley F.

The crew was great. They completed the job very quickly. If you have any trouble paying he will let you pay in installments. He is friendly and nice. I would want him for my brother. They are really nice people. He will come and fix any problems.

Description of Work
Stripped the top of roof, and installed a flat and regular roof

Best job construction

Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

All Weather Guard

Bill Bonell began All Weather Guard in 1971 as a one man operation, doing all roofing projects by himself. After 47 years of great success, his son Brian, who graduated from Hofstra University with a Business Degree, has come on board and has taken over and plans to continue in the tradition of his father for years to come. The Bonell family has replaced tens of thousands of roofs in the Long Island area while turning houses into dream homes! We believe our success is due to our quality craftsmanship and excellent communication with our clients, making a winning combination. All Weather Guard listens to your goals and makes them happen. Put your trust in us and we guarantee you won’t find another remodeler that cares about the end result as much as our professional crew.

2022 Super Service Award

All American Home Improvement, Inc

40 years of combined experience. Offering affordable roofing services with free estimates. I am a fourth generation roofer and I treat every customer like they are a member of my family with the respect and honesty they deserve. I am looking to build strong relationships with my customers that will lead to further business and referrals. Give us a call today for a free estimate!

Offers by All American Home Improvement, Inc on Angi

Residential and commercial roof repair, installation, maintenance & removal.