AJC Designs Construction Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

23 Roxbury Ct.

Oakdale, NY 11769

We are a custom home building and remodeling company. Our goal is to make your plans our plans. We take pride in our work and believe in doing things the right way the first time. We have 6 trained, skilled and experienced employees....

08/04/2022

Robert K.

Artie at AJC Designs and his team were great. He listened to what we asked for, he worked with us to help contain costs, he gave realistic estimates and followed through with the work. When there were issues with anything that wasn't done as we expected, he worked to make it right. Additionally, there are two individuals that deserve very high praise that are on his team and that is Onan and Tomaz. They did the installation of our kitchen and bathroom cabinets as well as constructing built in cabinets on both sides of our great room fireplace as well as placing stone and a mantel above the fireplace. The worked hard and did a great job. His internal painting team also did a great job on the finish work.

Description of Work
Construction of our House

Category contractors, decks, picture framing, gutter repair, plastering, roofing, pavers, gravel, home builders, woodworking, interior painters

08/23/2020

Joseph O.

Artie and his crew did an amazing job on our bathroom. They had great skill and work ethic. All were pleasant and aimed to please. I have not had this experience with contractors before. He was great! The staff were great!

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category architect, home remodeling

07/27/2020

sam J.

the overall project was well managed, and Auther was helpful and advisable. thank you.

Description of Work
built 2nd floor

Category picture framing, remodeling, architect

04/06/2020

Anthony L.

AJC has one of the most cohesive crews that one could ask for as they were in our home for 8 days and they worked so well together, My wife and I were very pleased with their respect for our property. In addition to the fine quality work, the crew's pleasant personalities made a potentially uncomfortable situation ( having strangers in our home) an enjoyable experience. When the job was done, my wife and got a lonely feeling the next day when they were done. I hope you get the gist of my comments. Final analysis: a job well done, contractor and contractee parted as friends.

Description of Work
Bedroom gutted. New walls and ceilings installed. closets updated and new floor installed. Custom radiator covers .

10/09/2019

Peter F.

It was excellent, couldn't be better. They were always polite, on time, showed up, and accommodating.

Description of Work
He built an extension on my house.

anita P.

Arty is a pleasure to work with! VERY responsive to any concerns. Calls back within minutes. The whole team is polite &. hard working.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category contractors, decks, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home builders, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Samantha V.

Complete kitchen renovation. Very easy to work with. Very quick to respond to texts/emails throughout project. Extremely dependable as they were always on time each day. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Sarah H.

Nothing but professional and accommodating! They were sweet and respectful workers. We are very happy with our new stoop and door. All of our neighbors commented on how beautiful it looks!

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, doors

04/01/2018

Keren H.

We had our house completely remodeled. We added a whole 2nd floor containing a master bathroom, master suite, 2 additional bedrooms and a hall bathroom. In addition to the second floor, we also redid our kitchen by blowing it out and adding a great room, dining room and redoing a bathroom. AJC Design did all the work! They were wonderful! Artie the owner was very responsive and professional thru the whole process. The quality of their work was fantastic too! I constantly have neighbors stop me and tell me that the quality of their work that AJC did was excellent. The workers that work for AJC Designs are excellent and trustworthy (which was very important to me). They completed our project in record time....5 months. My house didn't even look like there was construction done...it looks like it should have always been this way! I highly recommend AJC Designs and I'd be happy to give any reference for them.

Description of Work
Remodel of Our House

Category contractors, decks, flooring contractor, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

10/02/2017

DonaMarie G.

Everything about this project went better then expected. You got messages and emails returned to you immediately. Very punctual. Very trustworthy. Cleaned up after they worked all day. The workmanship was perfection. I will use AJC Designs again for my future projects. Would recommend them to family and friends for the future.

Description of Work
Had an old brick fireplace removed new walls put up new window installed and a new 6 ft Slider put in.

Category remodeling, roofing, home builders

Thanks [Member Name Removed] you guys were great to work with .

06/29/2017

Christopher C.

Artie from AJC was extremely professional and showed up each time for all our meetings exactly when he said he would. He was very easy to get along with and was willing to work with you and be flexible. This was important when planning such a large project. Due to personal reasons, we ended up not moving forward with the project at the time. However, based on our experience in the planning stages with Artie, I would encourage others to give him a chance for their project.

Description of Work
We explored the option of adding a second floor to our newly purchased home.

Category contractors, decks, flooring contractor, picture framing, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, doors

02/06/2017

stephanie W.

Everyone did a fantastic job. Artie was fully responsive, and helped in whatever way he could to get the job pushed through as quickly as possible. The final results were lovely.

Description of Work
i had a full extension put on with bathroom, also a fully renovated kitchen, and a closet converted into a laundry room.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, pavers, gravel, home remodeling

10/29/2016

Elzbieta M.

A substantial project which require us to move out for over a year. It was a nice old english tudor which needed a serious upgrade. We had plans drawn and it took us some time to pick a contractor. After number of interviews and estimates we chose Arty and AJC Designs, Inc. We got along well and his proposal was sound as to the time and value. We engaged Arty first on a smaller project which was a success and subsequently broke the ground on the big job. It involved expanding the footprint of the house which meant excavation, foundation/concrete work and subsequently all stages of construction and finishing work involving building a complete house. There is no point of going into too much detail as there isn't enough time but think about the complexity of the project which spans all aspects of new construction and existing structure renovation, whether framing, roofing, electrical, plumbing, heating & AC, finishing, custom millwork, paint, wallpaper, etc. Arty and his team handled this well. I especially appreciated the work ethic of the crew which worked continuously throughout the harsh winter. Arty also worked well with the architect. There were some complications along the way as it is normal on a project of this scope but Arty handled it well. We are happy with the overall experience and the outcome. The home is both beautiful and comfortable. Arty is a very decent guy and that made a big difference in otherwise difficult process of major construction project

Description of Work
House expansion and renovation

Category contractors, picture framing, hardwood floor, remodeling, roofing, pavers, gravel, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, architect, home remodeling, basement remodeling

01/21/2016

Lorraine A.

Almost finished with the construction, they are professional, courteous, and prompt. The work is quality work. I have already scheduled three other jobs for them to do. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Converted my garage into a bedroom

10/24/2015

Tony C.

The contractor provided everything as promised and work was completed on schedule. Any problems we encountered were handeld in a very proffessional manner.

Description of Work
AJC added and extention to the back of our house, redid the kitchen and bathroom, added two doghouse dormers, resided the house and added a small front porch.

Category contractors, remodeling, roofing, siding, home remodeling

10/10/2015

robert A.

Needless to say building a new home is a huge project that requires attention to many details and then there are the horror stories with contractors you read about. With Artie it was way different as he provided many references before I asked and the list was long but I did speak to a few fellow homeowners who had only positive things to say about Artie and his exceptional team led by Carlos. There is no doubt a lot of apprehension when selecting a contractor for a major project and Artie really put me at ease as he is very soft spoken, hard working and knowledgeable. My projected started on the date Arty specified and then he and his team led by Carlos, they started this project in bitter cold and snow and most important they really pay attention to details making suggestions along the way. Also very important they also communicated extremely well with my architect when questions with the plans arose. In the end I received an "excellent product" as witnessed by other trades who have visited my jobsite. Also there was absolutely no angst over payments as Artie is an "honorable" old school guy and I paid him as the job progressed which is very fair and relatively uncommon these days and also proves he is a very solvent contractor with an excellent reputation with his suppliers . Overall this experience exceeded my expectations and would not hesitate using his services.

Description of Work
Framed my new home

Category remodeling, home builders, architect

07/01/2015

John P.

The work that Arty and his crew did was excellent. Demolition started on time, we had some minor bobbles with the foundation subcontractor but the work they did was also excellent. I heartily recommend AJC. Arty and his team are professionals that take great pride in their work. The date above is for the last contact date. We finally realized that the heating guy that was brought in had cut through a support beam. Nobody saw it so it took a couple of years for the sagging to become obvious. Arty and I figured it out and he came in and fixed because that was the right thing to do.

Description of Work
Converted a one story Cape to a two story salt box.

09/04/2014

Sumeer K.

A true general contractor does everything and does it well across the board. Quality workmanship for the price!

Description of Work
They build a new three story garage with a loft from the ground up. 1000sq ft garage with a deck, sky lights, excavation ect.

Category home builders

06/04/2014

Edward N.

Almost one year, since initial contact for replacement windows, siding and roofing. Met with Artie at home to go over job requirements, etc. Nice gentleman. On time. However, things derailed after the intial contact. Delays in communication were constant. Took long time before we got a proposal. Kept advising us that delays in his projects were due to bad Winter weather. Then delays due to bad Spring weather. Told project start would be in middle to end of May. Time came and went without contact until end of May. Still did not have a contract. Last day of May received a "contract" that was merely a description of the work. Items such as warranties on materials and labor, liabilities, start date, finish date, subcontractor liens, etc., were totally absent and not addressed. These are accepted standards in the profession. Moreover, some of these items are required under New York State, Nassau County and/or Town of Oyster Bay Law. Suppose a worker slips and falls, resulting in injury on my property? What would happen if a subcontractor is not paid for their materials and asserts a lien against my home? Instead of renovation, I may lose my home! Artie advised me that he has always worked this way for almost 30 years. Previous reviews indicated great quality work. I'm sure that this is probably true. He seemed apologetic that there were so many delays and that we were not happy with the "contract," but we could not wait any longer. We have developed leaks around windows and the roof and we cannot suffer any more damage. If a contractor cannot handle the work, then they should not accept the job. This resulted in our loss and delay. I would sincerely recommend that as a general contractor and as a customer, seriously revamping his contract. In its current form, it is asking for a lot of trouble. A customer could lose his home and the contractor his business in the blink of an eye. I always felt as if I had to keep pressing the contractor for details, start and finish dates, a written contract, etc., only to be stonewalled constantly. To date, no success with any of Angie's List contractors. Pathetic. To charge people for access to contacts that do not perform is ridiculous. Moreover, it pays for contractors to do exactly this. Don't do the work! Angie's List unfairly gives much less weight to unprofessional behavior as long as the work is not done and the customer is left high and dry!

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category remodeling

it was a very bad winter and spring,to a frame to finish contractor weather is everything,delays in communication were on both parts,[member name removed] job consisted of roof and window removal and the couldnt be done with the weather we had.projects that we had started were on hold and are we are just getting finished now,i wouldnt start another project and leave these people stranded.[member name removed] is a very nice guy and I was really sorry we couldnt work with him.

08/13/2013

Ralph P.

We loved working with Arty... he was on the job and on the phone when we needed him. When he wasnt on the job he had really qualified seasoned professionals heading his crew. Carlos his lead foreman was awesome...and they all really took pride in their work. Another point to make is that they did'nt cut corners to make it easy. in fact, there were times when interpurting the blueprints they questioned and made helpful and cost saving vialbe suggestions that where agreed to by the arch.. My husband is in construction and he too was impresssed by their work ethic and pride in their work. Building a home is a process and working with Arty took a lot of the stress out of it. While Arty was not the lowest bid for the job, he wasnt the highest. He gave us a fair price for the work. If you're going to use a contractor for anything, treat them the way you'd like to be treated...respect , courteous , on time payment schedule and low on drama and you'll receive the same in return. Arty was a calming influence during the process. Any challenges that arose during construction.. and let's face it ...there always is...he faced with a matter a fact..."we can fix this" attitude. Which when in the middle of a job is so appreciated...he never ever racheted up a situation to be more than it was. The weather was so rainy this spring and early summer.. and that really was the only delay issue we experienced...AJC worked outside when it wasnt pouring...and inside when it rained. Another point..we did have some extras that werent included in the initial price, but they were fair and expected. All our inspections... and ther were many as we are in a village... passed with flying colors. I would highly recommend using AJC... we wish him luck and success in his business for many years to come... After all... he built the home my family will spend many happy years in. Thank you Arty.. Carlos and crew!

Description of Work
AJC .... well what can we say... Arty and his qualified crew literally builty our house. We purchased an expanded cape from the 50's and Arty transformed the house into a beautiful colonial through expert framing and attention to detail. We chose AJC from Angies list... we didnt know him or his work.. We picked AJC through the reviews... it was a leap of faith...but we could't be happier..

Category remodeling, home builders

04/23/2013

Rich A.

We dealt with the same two installers on both occasions, and both times they gave us the same high quality of work, were very friendly and professional, and work fast. The first visit took them about half a day to install the window framing, sill under the living room window, and paint everything. On their second visit it took a good solid day to frame out the windows in our three bedrooms, install new sills and paint everything. The end result is great, there are a couple of areas I have to go back and retouch (I have to fill in some of the holes from the nailgun a little better and touch up a couple of edges), but on the whole my wife and I are very pleased with the results and found the work well worth the money we paid. Carlos, one of the installers, made sure to reinsulate some areas around the sills that hadn't been originally insulated properly when doing the installation so we had no air leakage, an example of the kind of thoughtful care they took in getting the job done.

Description of Work
Hired AJC on two separate occasions to frame out the interior of windows in our new home in Huntington. On the first visit they framed out our large dining room and living room windows and did a great job, so we hired them again to do all the windows in our bedrooms. All windows with the exception of the living room window needed new sills as well as the trimwork.

Category contractors, picture framing, remodeling, woodworking

09/09/2012

Peter D.

Artie started the job on time and was here every day until it got done. His crew was thorough, fast, and clearly skilled. Artie knows what he is doing and gave me a good price. AJC Design Inc. was a great value. We are already planning to use them again for all our other renovations.

Description of Work
AJC Designs Construction did windows, removed a wall, and replaced with French doors. They also replaced a whole wall with a window, leveled and replaced a crooked living room floor, and did a new section of roof.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, replacement windows, doors

08/18/2012

Mariann W.

We contacted Arty for an estimate for our construction project. Arty was not only punctual for each appointment, but actually early on occasion. We were extremely pleased with his professionalism, as well as the professionalism of his subcontractors. Arty was thorough in coming up with a detailed estimate, and we really felt this his estimate was probably the most accurate. We would highly recommend Arty to anyone. **2/1/13 - The project is almost complete, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't regret not using Arty. We were concerned that in the end we would not be able to afford Arty seeing as these projects always go over budget, but the peace of mind of using a professional contractor such as Arty might have made this extremely anxious and overwhelming situation a little more palatable.

Description of Work
Rear and front exension, with a full basement. Wrap around porch. All new siding, roof, and windows. New fireplace. Backyard grading and patio.

Category picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, pavers, gravel, home builders, home remodeling

03/06/2012

marni A.

Artie and his crew did a fantastic job. They were great to work with. Artie was very honest and reliable. I would absolutely recommend them and hope to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
finished a 4500 square foot basement. floors, walls, ceiling, bathroom,

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

04/21/2011

Ann G.

They did a really professional job. We have an older house so it took a lot of work to get the door frame cut correct to hang the door. They worked hard, were polite and saw the job through. It took a lot of time to get the job done right but they did it and we are happy with it.

Description of Work
I used AJC Designs Construction to put in an exterior front door and a storm door.

Category doors

Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi
    American Electrical Standard

We are a licensed and insured Veteran owned and operated business. We do all phases of electrical work. From installing an outlet, light, ceiling fan, changing out a panel, pools, kitchen remodels, extensions, new builds and commercial projects. We look forward to providing you the highest quality of electrical work at a competitive price.

Frank's Painting

The team at Frank's Painting strives on excellence & repeat customer satisfaction. We have a crew of extremely respectful, trained, clean & neat painting employees. We treat your home or office like it was our own. We only use top premium paints from Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams on all our Residential projects. We come very highly recommended and have hundreds of customers that we can use as references. Call us for your small, large or any size project you have in mind. Frank's Painting also offers FREE COLOR CONSULTATION services on any paint job over $3000. That includes (1) Free hour with my certified Interior Designer meeting you at your home, one on one, to help with choosing colors.

Offers by Frank's Painting on Angi
    H-28503

Architectural design. Remodeling - extensions, additions, dormers, kitchens & bathrooms, patios & decks, framing, mill work, molding, flooring, doors. Siding. Stone & brick, pavers.