Lounsbury Appliances

Founded 1930 • With Angi since August 2006

PO Box 117

Oak Hill, NY 12460

Appliance sales and service.

04/24/2017

Jay F.

Seamless, professional transaction. Bruce came and removed the old appliances (no charge) and installed the new ones. He jokes that he will not disclose what he finds under the units!

Description of Work
Replaced washer and refrigerator

07/29/2016

Nancy T.

Excellent! Both appliances were delivered and installed within days of ordering. The gas range replaced an old one in the home my daughter just purchased. Bruce cleaned the floor under the appliance before installing the new one! Courteous, professional, efficient. Perfect!

Description of Work
Purchased a dishwasher for my mother-in-law and a gas range for our daughter. Also had my washing machine repaired.

02/06/2016

Kathleen S.

I left a message for a call back and I received one promptly. Although they do not service commercial stoves, they could not have been more helpful in providing me with advice to rectify my problem and giving me a referral. If I cannot solve the problem, I certainly would buy a new stove from them and would not hesitate to recommend them for their courtesy, honesty and assistance.....a rare thing these days.

Description of Work
I have a commercial gas stove and the oven is old and not functioning. I called Lounsbury Appliance and although they do not service commercial stove, they were extremely helpful in giving me advice.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

01/17/2016

Rosemary O.

We'd used Lounsbury Appliances a few months ago and were very pleased with their work, so we called them to see if they could help. Our microwave is built in, and Oak Hill is probably at least 30 mins from us, so we decided to let them try to diagnose the problem via the phone (as "Click & Clack" did on their radio program in diagnosing car repair issues). Even though we are at this location only on the weekends, and the part had to be ordered, it was repaired within two weeks. Bruce Lounsbury replaced the motor and it has been quietly humming since.

Description of Work
Our Jenn Air microwave, which we bought close to 10 years ago, was seemingly stalling and had become very noisy. I called the shop from which we purchased it, but they don't service them. I called another large appliance store in Kingston, NY and the service person was kind enough to look up the model & told me parts for it were no longer available.

Category appliance repair

12/01/2015

Rosemary O.

Spectacular. These guys are a treasure, use them whenever you can. Here are the details. We were getting ready for a dinner party and one of our range burners went out. We needed help within a week. Provider repairs major (mid-range) appliances and does not ordinarily represent this high end manufacturer but was willing to have a look to help us out. (We had first called another well-known area high end appliance seller-repair company who could not schedule us conveniently and is expensive.) Provider came highly recommended by one of the area's top custom large home builders who heard of our plight, so we were hopeful. Provider first came quickly to arrange a temporary fix so the range could immediately get through the dinner party. Then did some on-line research, ordered the part successfully outside provider's ordinary network, and made a second visit within ten days to install it for the permanent repair. Provider took the trouble on the second visit, no charge, to realign the entire control panel set up so it worked properly and more smoothly, something the original installer years ago had never bothered to do. Wow. You just do not find this kind of thorough, conscientious, effective, cost-conscious, and responsive service these days. We have now asked provider to help with another appliance also outside their normal manufacturer representation and are confident of a great result.

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty electric ignition switch on a high end, top of the line, kitchen gas range.

Category appliance repair

08/24/2015

Libbie H.

Excellent

Description of Work
Bought washer and dryer. Showed up day before Thanksgivng and fixed the problem. 2 years ago came back from Florida after 3 weeks. Refrig/Friger died - what a smell. Within 2 hours new frig delivered and old one gone. THANKS Bruce & Sue!

06/06/2014

Teresa P.

Description of Work
Fixed refrigerator

10/21/2013

Jay F.

Bruce Lounsbury is pretty much legend in these parts. There are folks who have relied on him and his wife Susan for years, and Bruce's Dad before that (since 1931). I ordered a new refrigerator by phone on a Wednesday and it was delivered the following day. Plus he took away my old fridge that had seen better days. All it took was one phone call. Two years ago I bought a replacement washer from him and his wife Susan. My only regret was not having Angie's list around to brag about them! Same experience. Bruce will always give it to you straight. His appliances are reasonably priced, not the cheapest You know you're going to get service after the sale unlike the big guys. He deserves to make a little bit after you see how he does business. The Lounsburys count many Mountaintop families among their oldest and most faithful customers. Bruce and Susan have a reputation beyond reproach, and I am happy to write the first recommendation for them here.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed a new Refrigerator/Freezer

08/08/2006

DENNIS M.

I actually look forward to buying an appliance. Dealing with Bruce is the way all dealings should be.

Description of Work
I purchased an upright freezer from Bruce. I have purchased other appliances from him and have always been impressed with his honesty and the manner in which business he conducts business. I have found that his prices are competitive with the big box stores and that his product knowledge is so far superior to the mass merchandiser's people that it doesn't make sense to buy anywhere else.