Handyman Extraordinaire

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2011

Family owned and operated for 7 years. With over 25 years of experience in the home remodel and repair industry. We pride ourselves on customer service and quality of work. You can feel comfortable that your handyman project will be dealt with professionally and with care. Mike will be onsite to coordinate your project and to see the project through to completion....

handyman (157)drywall (26)door installation (22)interior painting (18)plumbers (13)home remodeling (11)lighting (8)woodworking (7)ceiling fan installation (6)window replacement (6)electrician (6)decks & porches (6)

06/02/2022

Fred W.

The work was performed very well. Mike spent a lot of effort explaining options for grab bar positioning. The work was excellent and we are pleased with the final result.

Description of Work
We needed to install three safety grab bars in our bathroom.

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

01/05/2022

Phyllis S.

Great! Mike is professional and dependable. He works hard, and he does good work. We are very happy with everything he's done for us.

Description of Work
Multiple projects - conversion of fluorescent lighting to LED lights over kitchen counter, drywall and paint basement, replacement of tile flooring in bathroom, and a few other smaller projects.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

12/31/2021

Salvatore N.

Words cannot describe how disastrous this job went. Mr. Extraordinaire Mike destroyed my very expensive $5000 new custom ordered pre-hung Therma Tru doors, did a terrible and incorrect installation, left a mess, and took the "cash only" and ran. On one door, he decided to not only remove the beautiful brickmold, but destroy it in the process. He then attempted to install this now once perfect door from the inside-out. He destroyed the PVC jambs beyond repair because he did not drill pilot holes, destroyed the strike bezels because he must have used a flathead screwdriver as a chisel, and damaged the doors themselves. My Anderson screen door no longer shuts properly and freezing December air was rushing in my back door because of the incorrect installation. I need not comment on the trim, just look at the pictures... I shared my story along with pictures on social media which resulted in uproar from hundreds of people in the surrounding community all echoing the same sentiment that he did an astoundingly awful job. Many sincerely thought my story was a joke and could simply not be real. The public response was so bad that Mike deleted his social media page and his website itself. The problems get worse from here. I had my city building inspector come out and they agreed the work performed was all sorts of wrong and property was damaged. Not only this, but Mike is not nor never was licensed in my city to perform this work. Digging further, I discovered that Mike is not/nor ever was licensed in any single municipality in the Western New York area. On his website he boldly states "appropriately licensed, insured, and bonded." Well, you got caught for being none of those and the acts of deleting your presence online only make you look worse. Unbelievably, it doesn't end here. Mike never provided me with a written contract or estimate. I thought nothing of this at the time, but in the aftermath of this mess I learned through my county consumer protection officials that two specific New York laws were broke regarding the requirements of contractor documentation. As a new homeowner, this was unknown to me, and to learn that a professional who claims to be licensed, to have won awards, and who has supposedly been in business for years, I am shocked this has all happened. I asked for my money back and he refused. I have been left to take this up with claims court where I will likely prevail.

Description of Work
Installation of two exterior doors

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 12/31/2021

Review for Handyman Extraordinaire - 7260 Wilrose Ct, NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - 39585366

The doors are a set of $400.00 /door. The work estimate was given over the phone. A ballpark figure was requested. Upon arrival the doors to be installed were provided along with the existing doors that had screen doors on them, which were not originally included in the work requested. An invoice of the work was provided to the customer. The old doors were removed and the new doors had aluminum wrap already bent to fit the opening. While installing the new door I noticed two chips in the door. I showed the customer the two chips. I did not chip these doors. Since the doors are fastened shut for shiping I was unaware of the chips until after I opened the door. The catch holes in the door had to be adjusted as the deadbolt and the holes in the jam did not line up. After adjusting the catch the deadbolt functioned correctly. After both doors were installed, I walked through the install with the customer and showing the work and the functionality of both doors. The work was approved by the customer, and I was paid for the install. later on, the customer became unhappy and then proceeded to threaten me and my business with actions that he would take. At no point did the customer call calmly and say, I have noticed some things and would like to ask if they can be changed. I work hard at keeping my customers happy, and I am always willing to make adjustments as needed for customer satisfaction. My website and social media were taken down due to the unnecessary harassment of personal friends, family, and neighbors by Mr. [Member Name Removed]. The harassment escalated and I was forced to contact local authorities. I have reached out to city officials to ensure that my work and credentials meet their requirements. Both the city police and Building Inspector have assured me that they have not witnessed intent to defraud. My credentials meet local requirements and my longstanding A+ ratings with Angie's List speaks for itself. I regret that Mr. [Member Name Removed] is unhappy but extortion and threats is no way to handle yourself.

09/02/2021

Lauren J.

They were good. Very easy to talk to, came on time, and finished everything in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Hired them to help me with a couple of small projects around the house

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

02/09/2021

Theresa C.

He gave me the price for the insta on the floor in the dining room $ 600. he was supposed to email me or text me the cost for the bathroom and the drywall in the kitchen and never heard back from him. I hired a contractor back in August I gave him money for the materials and a quarter of the money down every day he promised me he was coming he ripped my bathroom out I have all the materials kept promising me promising me my house was supposed to be sold in December I'm disabled which makes it even worse it's just been a nightmare for me he was supposed to repair some shingles on my roof I lost my homeowners insurance so I have to find someone within the next 10 days for them to reinstate it. if the guy didn't want the job he should have just told me when he was here I wanted two separate prices one for the bathroom tough complete it which I already had materials and then the dining room floor because I wanted to make sure that I had enough money put away to pay him for the labor now I don't even know what to do

Description of Work
Partial bathroom remodel half of it was done and then replace drywall in kitchen and put a floor in the dining room

Category awnings, ceramic tile, drywall

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

Review for Handyman Extraordinaire - 7260 Wilrose Ct, NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - 39182448

Hello [Member Name Removed], This is Mike from Handyman Extraordinaire. I am responding to your review. I am sorry to say but you and I have not spoken and I have never received any money from you. Please check your records. This is a serious issue and I hope that you will clear this matter up and respond to this with an apology, as this is a serious statement you have made.

11/16/2020

Rob K.

Great. He was punctual and fast, and did a good job.

Description of Work
Attic insulation

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

11/11/2020

Robert W.

Very well. The work was done efficiently with great care. Everything done was very satisfactory.

Description of Work
About 8 small projects

Category gutter repair, handyman service, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

10/16/2020

David B.

Fantastic ! Mike, the owner, arrived on time and was very professional. He educated me on the process to install concrete anchors to affix Street Lamps for my driveway. In addition, he worked diligently to ensure that the angle of the light globes were properly aligned to the area we required. Great Job Mike ! I will refer you to everyone that needs a Handyman to support home projects.

Description of Work
Installation of Concrete Anchors and Street Lamps

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

04/29/2020

Joe L.

Due to his business being non-essential, he could not perform work until State changed regulations. I replaced the deck boards myself.

Description of Work
Boards on deck needed replacing

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

02/25/2020

Amy K.

I highly recommend Mike 'Handyman Extraordinaire LLC'. I had a number of odd jobs around the home including drilling in coat hooks, hanging some heavy mirrors, and hanging pictures. Mike took my call in the morning and agreed to come over after his main work day to do this work. He completed all in a very professional manner and had a great disposition while doing all these things. I will use him next time I need a handyman and will recommend him to friends/family.

Description of Work
Drilling in coat hooks, hanging heavy mirrors and art work.

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

11/15/2019

Sam A.

As of today he stopped by and gave me an estimate the estimate will be given to me in the next 2 to 3 days that’s as far as we’ve gone

Description of Work
Estimate work to be done

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

11/11/2019

Thomas T.

Called mr. extraordinaire up explaining needed about 13 things done around my home in lackawanna , NY mostly inside couple things outside. Explaining outside electrical box on air central air and hose bibb replaced. Mr extraordinaire replied sarcastically i do not do outside work or electrical box for central air, and he doesnt come to lackawanna only north of buffalo made it like he was above that. He stated that is waste of his time come that way just replace hose bibb. I tried explain 13+ things good day or two of work. He said still is no. So ended up finding a real handyman and his helper from same area north buffalo did job in 7 hours paid 1,000(350 parts + 650 labor). He goes by mr extraordinaire that is laughable.

Description of Work
Tried get Some electrical/plumbing & misc. Work Done

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

I do not cover the Lackawanna area. I stated this to this man and he was unpleasant about that fact. Sorry

10/11/2019

Richard M.

very well, work was done on time and quickly, we will use him again.

Description of Work
gutter problem, leaks in the house and crack in the stucco

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

09/28/2019

Hasmukh P.

He did a great job. We are happy with him will use him next time. Because of new paint on the front door, dead lock would not close after the paint had dried. He came next day as soon as we left him a text message and fixed the problem. Hash and Koki

Description of Work
Paint den. Change front door locks. Change locks on door leading to garage. Paint front door . Repair roof in den

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

09/20/2019

Gloria H.

Want to update my prior review, jumped the gun, Mike phoned this am and we set an appointment for this coming Wednesday.

Description of Work
Multiple repairs

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

02/23/2019

Dale L.

went very well took him 15 minutes where I couldn't do the job myself

Description of Work
light fixture in shower needed replacing

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

01/28/2019

Mauretha R.

He was on time and got right to work.

Description of Work
fixed ceiling fan.

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

01/13/2019

Herminio S.

Sean is a Friendly and Professional Handyman who I will recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinet repair.

Work Completed On 01/13/2019

09/15/2018

Michael S.

Very good. Mike was very professional and also very personable.

Description of Work
Some floor flattening and installation of a hardwood floor.

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

08/29/2018

Colleen G.

We was wonderful! Everything people had to say about him is correct. I was SO lucky- less than 3 hours after I first called him he was in my house doing the work. Circumstances just meshed that he was able to fit me in his schedule, I had the materials, which helped. He is so pleasant and efficient, preformed the work perfectly, and was able to fix an additional job outside too (broken dryer vent). SO HAPPY I have my railings in preparation for my knee surgery- they look AWESOME! and the charge was very reasonable. Thank You Mike!

Description of Work
Install multiple handrails in house

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

06/13/2018

Al Z.

It went extremely well. My wife and I are more than pleased with the work performed by Mike Holler Handyman Extraordinaire. We are going to hire him for more work. Great guy and really great work. He's the BEST !!

Description of Work
needed my rear porch up-dated with composite deck boards and vinyl rails

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Review for Handyman Extraordinaire - 7260 Wilrose Ct, NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - 37152674

05/08/2018

Seth P.

My upstairs bathroom fan exhaust lost its cover. It was 20-ft in the air! Instead of buying a ladder it was easier to hire a handyman. Mike came out and fit me in between jobs. He quickly replaced the cover and went on his way. He was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Mike for jobs big and small.

Description of Work
Vent Cover Replacement

Work Completed On 05/08/2018