Pro Source Contractor Services

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2016

Pro Source Contractor Services is a full service home handyman and carpentry contractor based out of North Bellmore. We exclusively offer nighttime service so our customers do not have to take off from work. No matter if you need a small home repair, a custom carpentry project completed, sheetrock installed in your basement or new flooring installed you are in the right place. My name is Steve Henson, and I’m the owner of Pro Source Contractor Services and I love what I do for my customers, helping them maintain, repair and upgrade their homes. If you’re a homeowner with an upcoming project who really loves their home, when you work with me you will not only get high quality craftsmanship but you’ll get great communication too. You call, I answer, it’s that simple!

Amenities

All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Lee G.
12/02/2020
Everything went great. Steve was on time, friendly, neat and did a great job with everything. He’s easy to talk to and is eager to get things done for you the way you want them done. His prices are very reasonable too. I am looking forward to working with him again when I need more stuff done. Very glad I finally found someone good. Thanks Steve!
Description of Work
Fence gate built and installed, fence pickets replaced, exterior basement doors rebuilt, bathroom sheetrock replaced, bathroom repainted, basement entrance repainted. Some exterior pavers reset, door handle and strike plate reset.
Category
contractors, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors
Irene S.
10/22/2020
Steve was always punctual and he was running late he always texted. Steve is a hard worker and great carpentry skills. He was a pleasure to work with and would definitely recommend him.
Description of Work
finish basement
remodeling
Susie S.
09/18/2020
We are happy with Steve’s work. Steve did re-caulking all windows of our 2 story house. Nice job. We are glad we found Steve From Angie’s list. Thank you Steve.
Description of Work
Re-caulking windows
robert M.
08/14/2020
The job went smoothly with no problems. Steve was professional from start to finish. Neat clean and knowledgeable. We would definitely use Steve again and recommend him to all of our friends.
Description of Work
Remove sleeve air conditioning units. Repair outdoor siding, indoor sheetrock, tape and spackle.
contractors, siding
Robert M.
08/14/2020
Excellent job..neat and very reasonable..!... no sign of the holes where the wall units were!! Sided and sheet rocked!!
Description of Work
Needed wall air conditioners removed , siding and sheet replaced...
awnings, drywall, siding, woodworking
John V.
08/10/2020
Steve Henson of Pro Source Contractor Services is without a doubt the best home service professional that we’ve had the privilege to have done work on our house. All of the accolades that I have read on this site and others are not only true but may even be understated. He carries with him a degree of class and genuine concern that recalls a bygone era. We requested the repair of our basement stairs that were dangerously coming apart at the stringers due to half of a wall being removed during a remodel two years earlier. We thought we had all the bases covered but we had never considered the staircase. This project was not an easy task for him to accomplish since all the new walls and trim are of a recently developed waterproof product that involve hidden screws, pin nails, a thin vinyl skin and an abundance of glue. Steve’s initial review included a preferred approach to the reconstruction and number of variable plans each encompassing its own cost scenario. His explanations were given to us fully and carefully, never rushed and without an ounce of the condescension that we usually find when receiving an estimate. Steve arrived on time and fully completed the job in a day and a half. He even took upon himself to reinstall the carpeting that needed to be removed. He left the work space very clean and left not a scratch of damage. Now the stairs don’t even have a squeak. We found his final costs to be more than fair and welcomed. We not only highly recommend Steve we are also planning more projects for him to tackle. Call for Steve and you’ll be glad you did.
Description of Work
Staircase repaired
awnings, woodworking
Angela F.
08/01/2020
Steve did a great job! He had the replacement parts needed & now the door works perfectly . It was a no stress experience !! Will use him again .
Description of Work
Our storm door need to be repaired . It didn't close properly.

Thanks :)
Nick F.
07/31/2020
Smoothly, skillfully & with creative improvisation.
Description of Work
Sheetrock, folding doors, drop ceiling tiles, exterior caulking, window casings
Category
contractors, drywall, handyman service, doors

Thank you!
Glenda D.
07/27/2020
Steve was responsive, punctual and professional. Very satisfied with his work, would hire him again.
Description of Work
Ceiling damaged by water leak, had to be sheet rocked and painted and some moulding
drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Thanks for your kind words
Claire H.
05/04/2020
Jobs were performed professionally and in a timely manner. We would not hesitate to use Pro Source again and most definitely would recommend.
Description of Work
Sheetrock repair, sanding, painting, replacing a marble saddle, refacing and painting a shed
woodworking, interior painters
SHEILA M.
11/22/2019
It went without a hitch, Steve crawled through the space with the insulation and insulated my pipes. He is a very nice, professional handyman. I already have other projects lined up for him. I will definitely use him again.
Description of Work
I needed insulation put in to cover my copper pipes in the crawl space of my home
louis D.
11/13/2019
went very well. Steve at ProSource works in a steady professional .yet timely manner and he is extremely neat and cleans up when he is done. I am very satisfied with all of his work on various types of jobs. He had informed me a couple of times of how I could easily repair something so that I did not have to hire him to do what he felt I could easily do!!! He is a great guy. I would recommend him to anyone.
Description of Work
painting, hanging a TV mortar/repair foundation, woodwork
Marc L.
06/30/2019
Steve was courteous, professional and patient and he did a nice all around job.
Description of Work
Various items around the house.
Annette K.
03/13/2019
The tiles were very old but Steve managed to do a great job, very pleased with the way it turned out
Description of Work
Ceiling tiles replaced
Michael/Linda F.
10/27/2018
Steve is extremely professional. He arrived promptly for every appointment confirming with us the day prior to the appointment. He explained everything that he was going to do at the time of the estimate and before each step of the process. We are very happy with the results of his work. The ceiling looks better than it did before it was opened up for the plumbing repair. We would definitely hire Steve again.
Description of Work
Steve repaired, spackled and painted bathroom ceiling after plumbing work was completed.
Katherine W.
06/27/2018
Fantastic work! Steve Hensen is my go-to-handyman! He loves what he does and it shows. Steve was able to match the wood baseboard in my kitchen. He purchased the wood and a heat vent. He also repaired the aluminum siding that was damaged by heavy pressure washing. Whatever Steve does is as perfect as it can be. He cleans up after the work. He is extremely competent, neat, punctual and reasonable.
Description of Work
baseboard in kitchen repaired with matching wood and new vent
contractors, handyman service

thanks for your kind words!
Mike D.
04/30/2018
Steve did a great job, work was done professionally and effectively. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for any necessary work around the house.
Description of Work
Removal of 2 through-the-wall air conditioners and 1 window-mounted A/C, and replacement of window.
Category
contractors, drywall, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac
Melanie M.
12/18/2017
Very well. I would hire him again and have told my parents and friends how great Steve's work is.
Description of Work
I had my attic floored and a new door installed for my daughter's room.
handyman service, woodworking
mary O.
10/27/2017
Steve came to give me an estimate which, I thought was reasonable. Steve came to my home and politely took his shoes off at the door *his suggestion, not mine) I thought that was extremely thoughtful. He proceeded to do a wonderful job of reconstructing the inside of the bedroom closet as well as adding an additional shelf. He secured it nicely into the beams and used whatever material I had from the original closet so, I didn't have to pay for anything additional. He also took time out to adjust the closet doors that were hard to open as they are on carpet. He raised the doors slightly so they would move a bit more freely. I would use Steve again, he was professional. reliable and resonable.
Description of Work
After my house was rebuilt after Hurricane Sandy, a few items were not done properly. One of the items was a bedroom closet that the brackets were not secured into beams but rather just into the sheetrock. As clothes were added onto the clothes bar, the brackets eventually came out of the sheetrock and the entire inside of the closet collapsed on the floor. The entire inside of the closet needed to be repaired and secured correctly into the beams.

thank you it was a pleasure working with you
Laura G.
10/08/2017
We are repeat customers. Steve has been to our home twice and, if we need additional work in the future, we will not hesitate to hire him. He jobs, both big and small. Not only is he honest, reliable and professional, but his work is excellent. Also, it's so refreshing to deal with someone who is courteous and respectful....hard to find these days. Steve brought all the supplies that were needed to get the job done and cleaned up thoroughly when he was finished. Pricing cannot be beat. You absolutely cannot go wrong with ProSource.
Description of Work
Drywall repair, ceiling repair, cement repair, miscellaneous odd jobs.
drywall, handyman service

Thanks so much for the kind words!
Katherine W.
09/28/2017
As stated by previous clients, Steve is a consummate professional. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and a perfectionist. This time, Steve prepared two cement walls in the basement to be primed and painted. He protected everything in the room and on the floor. He also primed & painted two sheetrocked walls in the boiler room protecting the floors. He totally cleans up when he is finished. My husband and I are extremely satisfied with all the work Steve has done for us.
Description of Work
The work is descriped in the paragraph below.
handyman service

It's always a pleasure working for you!
donna R.
09/08/2017
Fabulous! I think Steve Henson is the epitome of professionalism. His work is excellent - his service same! A+++++*
Description of Work
General handiwork around house. Insulation replacement in attic eves, hanging a mirror , planing doors
handyman service

thank you for your kind words!
Ann Marie R.
08/31/2017
Steve was very professional.... his work was detailed and well done and he was extremely neat when he worked... cleaned up after himself and left no mess at all....
Description of Work
I had shelving put in a closet
contractors, handyman service

thank you it was a pleasure working with you
Malika B.
08/30/2017
Steve is professional, pleasant and reliable!
Description of Work
Handyman jobs around the home
Denis G.
07/29/2017
I could not be happier. The work was done promptly and neatly, Steve is a professional and did an excellent job. I will hire him again in the future.
Description of Work
Install flooring in the attic.

Phone

2653 Maple Avenue

North Bellmore, NY 11710

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

New Home Construction, Additions, Siding, Roofing, Driveways, Sidewalks, Irrigation, Garage Doors, Sliding Glass Doors, Very Large Windows.

Covid-19 update

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express

FAQ

Pro Source Contractor Services is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

Pro Source Contractor Services is open:

Monday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Tuesday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Wednesday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Friday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Pro Source Contractor Services accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Yes, Pro Source Contractor Services offers free project estimates.

No, Pro Source Contractor Services does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Pro Source Contractor Services does not offer warranties.

Pro Source Contractor Services offers the following services: Handyman and Carpentry Repairs; framing,sheetrock, tape and spackle, flooring,molding and trim, interior doors, exterior doors, windows, tile, bathroom and kitchen cabinetry, concrete repairs, asphalt repairs, landscaping, assembly services, educational courses, limited electrical (devices and direct fixture replacements), limited plumbing (direct fixture replacements), and much more.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Fibrenew Suffolk South

(4)

Fibrenew Suffolk South

Fibrenew specializes in the repair, restoration and renewal of leather, plastic, vinyl, fabric and upholstery servicing six major markets: automotive, aviation, commercial, medical, marine and residential. Utilizing our services to repair damaged materials in your vehicle, boat, airplane, home, office or clinic offers an environmentally-friendly and cost-effective alternative to replacement. We are mobile and can come to your home or business.

The Professional Team of All Furniture Services® Repair & Restoration is capable of handling, as well as carrying everything necessary to provide immediate on-site furniture disassembling, assembling and all repairs, on wood, leather, vinyl, fabric, upholstery, restorations of antiques, metal, stone, and mechanisms. Methods and products are chosen to make their repairs permanent, invisible and to return furniture to its original or even better condition. On-site or in-shop services offered to all: Manufactures, Stores, Vendors, Warehouses, Designers, Hotels, Restaurants, Construction, Moving, Insurance Companies as well as Individual Customers. We have been at the forefront of the Antique and Modern Repair & Restoration.

Precision Painting Plus of Long Island

2022 Super Service Award

Precision Painting Plus of Long Island

Precision Painting Plus is a well-established painting company serving the Long Island area. The Precision Difference upholds ourselves to the highest standards to deliver premium quality, honest pricing, and on-time project completion work for every customer. We only work with skilled, trained professionals that use premium paint for their project. We deliver honest pricing with no vague or hidden fees. With on-time scheduling and daily communication, we reassure customers a worry-free experience. You can count on us to deliver the best project experience for you.