Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2012

1143 Elmira Rd

Newfield, NY 14867

waterproofing, structural repair, sinking/settling concrete - porches, sidewalks, driveways, garage floors, pool decks, etc., interior/exterior drainage, helical push piers

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment
Concrete Sidewalk Leveling

Concrete Sidewalk Leveling

mudjacking2020
There was a dangerous tripping hazard on the sidewalk of a home. We used a polyurethane foam to quickly and economically lift the sidewalk back to the normal, safe level with minimal disruption, and a one-day turnaround. Injection holes are strategically drilled into the concrete slab(s) that requires lifting. Polyurethane foam is then injected under the slab filling voids, and raising it to the correct level.

Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc. is Central New York's trusted, full-service basement waterproofing and foundation repair contractor. Fully insured, and equipped to handle any size job for both residential and commercial. Services include basement waterproofing, water control systems - interior and exterior, crawlspace encapsulation and repair, foundation repair, shotcrete, structural analysis and repair, sump pumps, wall crack repair, bowed wall repair & concrete repair...along with concrete leveling and lifting. Serving Ithaca, Syracuse, Binghamton and everywhere in between. We do not service new construction - as in pouring new foundations or basement remodeling. We treat our customers like family from start to finish by providing excellent customer service, preventative tips, free inspections and fair estimates on work that needs to be done....

foundation repair (29)basement waterproofing (25)drain pipe installation (7)well & water pump repair (5)concrete repair (4)

11/13/2020

The guys, Mark and Travis were awesome. Worked hard, were very friendly and explained everything. They had a 2 hour ride to get here so that cut into their work time, which wasn’t their fault, so they were here longer than expected, but they got it done well. Would have them here again in a heartbeat- though I hope that won’t be necessary 😊.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulatiin

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

Thank you for such a great review and for being such a great customer!

10/28/2018

Pleased with the work. One disappointment was that they used my hose for the concrete and my broom for cleanup. They should have been more respectful of our property.

Description of Work
Garage framing

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

Review for Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc - 1143 Elmira Rd, Newfield, NY - 37509788

[Member Name Removed], I will definitely bring this up to the team and specifically the crew who worked on your home. Thank you for the positive review and the feedback you shared.

07/28/2017

They were quick, efficient, polite, and hardworking gentleman. I would hire them for any and all basement help

Description of Work
Foundation was cracking and water running into my basement

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe,foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

07/27/2017

Couldn't have been better. They had an opening and were able to come 3 days earlier than originally scheduled. Rob & Justin were very professional and obviously knew exactly what they were doing. When I pointed out a small section on a side of the house that was not included on the quote, they made a quick call and just got permission to take care of it. I made it clear I was willing to pay for it, but they covered it under the original quote. All told they were there a couple of hours and left the area cleaner than they found it. My wife and I were and are very happy. As I told their office manager, "it's great to work with professionals."

Description of Work
Old stone foundation of my house in back was losing mortar and stones becoming loose. Not a structural problem quite yet. Midstate quoted to come in, dig down several inches, remove all loose material, patch and fix everything in place, then skim coat the whole surface.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we just got notice of your review. Pleasure to have done business with you. Please let us know if you need anything in the future.

07/12/2017

Eric and crew were great to work with on a big job they just finished for us replacing the entire foundation of an old house in Ithaca. The original foundation was in danger of collapse. Working with Taitem Engineering the crew at Midstate assessed the scope of the job and designed a fixed bid job to shore up the house, replace several joists and remove the old foundation walls. Along the way the entire HVAC system had to be removed and put back and plumbing and electrical had to be changed across the basement. The house looked like it was being raised up mid job with the old foundation removed and the house safely shored up. After removing part of the old foundation walls the crew found further structural issues with the house framing. They consulted with the engineer and came up with a plan to fix the problem. It was a change in scope and design, but Eric didn't change the price of the job. They changed the footer and wall design and worked with me to get the approval to change the job. The additional shoring that was needed on the job because of the change didn't cost us anything extra and now the house is level, secure and stronger than it was before by a longshot. Plumbing, HVAC and electrical are all back in place and passed inspection. Erik even personally made sure the hot water was on and working throughout the house. The crew worked **** ** the job on time and professionally each step of the way. Eric also managed multiple subcontractors on the job and dealt with the permitting process and the City of Ithaca directly. Last day on the job they were cleaning up small specks of material that I would have missed or not really cared about. They also communicated well with the church next door to use their parking lot for access. After the job they returned the church parking lot to better than it was before by grading out some gravel others had snowplowed into a corner before Midstate's job even started. I've already recommended Midstate to friends and wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Description of Work
Full foundation replacement of newly bought older house in Ithaca. Full shoring and support of house, demolition of old foundation walls and two chimneys, leveling of house, rebuild of foundation walls, replacement of multiple joists, disconnection and reconnection of all HVAC, disconnect and reconnect plumbing and repair some electrical, finish of exterior of basement walls, rebuild of both porches.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

Review for Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc - 1143 Elmira Rd, Newfield, NY - 35540628

Thanks [Member Name Removed] -- pleasure doing business with you!

06/26/2017

sump pump is quiet and works well. Water still in basement, basement still damp and drainage issue outside is worse than when started. The sump pump drained onto the porch step and created mudd to accumulate onto the steps. We asked for the sump pump to be relocated, it was moved to another location that created a larger issue. See pictures below. Then we were quoted another price of $1,500 to fix the drainage issue. In addition, a large amount of dust made it way through the house via the ventilation system. It was listed in the contract that "air movers" and "dust collectors" will be used to, but that work can create "notice dust and disturbance to surrounding areas". I can understand the basement, but not the living areas up a floor.

Description of Work
sump pump installed, drainage, Safe Edge waterproofing, multi-flow drain tile installed/connected

Category basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

Review for Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc - 1143 Elmira Rd, Newfield, NY - 35358495

10/28/2016

The work was finished promptly and looks good. The crew was easy to work with and dealt with several changes that came up very well.

Description of Work
Installed new crawlspace skirting, re-enforced several support columns and installed a small retaining wall.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

10/27/2016

Office staff was friendly and got my appointment scheduled quickly. The work was completed on time and on budget. Since the work has been done, our basement is much drier. We are very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Provider fixed foundation issues and did waterproofing in my basement.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/16/2016

03/31/2016

I can't say enough about how prompt, efficient and professional Eric, Adam and all of the team from Midstate Basement Authorities have been. When our basement flooded, I called Midstate and Eric and Adam were here the next day. I had a proposal in 2 days and they were here to do the work within a week of my signing the proposal. Following the installation of the basement system and sump, I discovered that the drainage line I had them hook the sump,outflow to was not adequate and called Eric. He was there the next day and worked out a solution that also solved my long standing problem with the water flow from our gutter downspouts. Other contractors have attempted to resolve the gutter downspout problem without success. Eric quickly designed a drainage system that will finally solve all of the drainage problems on our property. The workers from Midstate were courteous and respectful while working in our house. They kept us informed of their progress and took care to make sure that their work caused as little disruption As possible. The quality of the work that they performed is excellent. We would not hesitate at all to use them again and recommend them highly. They are not only very professional, they also provide exceptional customer service.

Description of Work
Install basement drain system with sump pump. Install new drainage lines for sump and gutter downspouts draining to storm sewer line.

Category basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/18/2016

03/22/2016

In response to my initial email inquiry, Eric, the owner, came to the house and we discussed all of the issues and how they would deal with them. He took measurements and pictures and was very professional, polite and encouraging. Within a few days he emailed me a very precise and detailed proposal outlining all three jobs and the estimated cost. I immediately accepted. Adam came to the house and took some more measurements and pictures and said the work would begin the following week and take three days. The required permits were taken care of right away. As scheduled, Paul (the onsite foreman), Lloyd and TJ showed up and began to work. Braces were installed against the basement wall after the cracks were repaired. On the exterior a French drain was put in along the side of the house extending to the ditch out front. The old walkout was excavated and a new permentry door was installed. The work went as planned with no problems and was finished in three days. All debris was taken care of and they cleaned up when they were through. All of my questions and concerns were answered. Adam followed up the day after the work was completed to see if I was satisfied and to answer any additional questions. I also must give kudos to Cynthia, the office manager, who made the paperwork and payment process smooth and effortless. The quality of the work and the quality of the employees is just exceptional.

Description of Work
3 projects: a horizontal crack in basement wall midway up extending the entire wall, drainage issue on the same side of the house resulting in water in the basement and replacing a basement walkout and bulkhead door on the other side of the house that had collapsed.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/22/2016

Midstate Basement Authorities is a full service basement waterproofing and foundation repair contractor whose services include basement waterproofing, water control systems, crawlspace encapsulation & repair, foundation repair, shotcrete application, structural analysis/repair, concrete leveling/lifting & more. We treat our customers like family and provide excellent customer service, preventative tips, free inspections, and fair estimates on work.

We do not offer any services involved in new construction, including pouring new foundations or basement remodeling.