Marshall Exteriors LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2012

135 E Union St

Newark, NY 14513

Marshall Exteriors, LLC has been the top choice for exterior home improvement in Geneva and the surrounding areas since 2000. We are proud to offer a wide range of services including roof maintenance, window and door replacement, exterior siding installation, and basement finishing. As a GAF Master

03/19/2022

Peter I.

They are very professional and they gave me quote but a bit expensive. I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

01/08/2021

Elizabeth M.

We first met the folks from Marshall Exteriors at the Syracuse Home Show in March 2019. We spoke with Travis to explain our needs. The excitement he showed regarding our project matched our own excitement. Of course you expect Sales people to do their pitch to draw you in, but let me say that excitement Travis had lasted throughout every single meeting and conversation we had for the length of our project. He was out at our house taking pictures and talking to us more the very same day that we met him at the show and within a week he was back with his proposal. I was stunned by his speed and responsiveness. In comparison, another vendor we met at the Home Show came out to look at the house a few days later and we never heard from him again. After all the contracts were signed and we were on the schedule, it was a few short months before our project began. We were having almost all the windows in our house torn out and replaced with significantly larger windows. We went from small sliders to larger double hung windows. We also had a large roof built over our front porch, and the house sided with vinyl siding. The crews that worked on our house were great! I wish I could remember everyone's names to give them proper credit, but they all were extremely professional and friendly. They were working day in and day out through some pretty nasty weather. When other companies would have taken a "rain day", the Marshall crew was there. I was amazed at the speed at which they were able to complete the entire project. They also did a great job in cleanup. There were no piles of junk left for me to deal with when the project was complete. While that seams like something that all companies should do, I know for a fact that is not the case. We have been left big messes in the past. So for me this was huge. Last summer we needed a window replaced (one we hadn't done previously) and my first thought was to call Travis at Marshall. He came out to give us an estimate with that same enthusiasm as he had for our first project, even though replacing one window isn't nearly as exciting of a project. Since this was a replacement window, vs. new contraction, a majority of the work was done from the inside. The 2 employees who did the work were amazing! I believe Jordan was one of them. The window looks great and there wasn't a speck of dirt in the room from the work they did. This second project (single window replacement) was done in the midst of the COVID pandemic, and not once did I feel uncomfortable having either Travis or the crew in my house. We could not be happier with Marshall Exteriors and the work they did on our home. It looks like a brand new place and we absolutely love it. We are typically DIYers, but for any construction project beyond our skill, Marshall is our contractor of choice. I highly recommend Marshall Exteriors to anyone looking to do a home improvement project.

Description of Work
New Construction Windows, Vinyl Siding & A Porch Roof

Category decks, siding, replacement windows

12/01/2020

Donna L.

I cannot say enough about our experience with Marshalls - it was truly exceptional. They replaced our deck and put in a door in place of windows. The workers are outstanding and extremely respectable - not to mention enjoyable and personable. The company did everything they initially said that they would do - and then some. Their communication was excellent and the overall experience was wonderful. When they say that they will treat your home as their own, they mean it. A truly superior experience.

Description of Work
Deck replacement and doors installed

Category decks, doors

06/17/2020

Carl M.

Marshall Exteriors is a great company. We worked with Anthony Natale, the CEO and he handed all our projects which shows the dedication they have to their customers. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and am already thinking up new projects for them in the future.

Description of Work
Marshall Exteriors replaced our gutters, windows and doors.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, doors

08/10/2017

Sandy C.

Not well the workmen left a mess and I have pictures of the debris and large nails that I have been trying to clean up. In addition, they did not have the correct financial information to process my payments and financing options which were arranged at the time the contact was signed. I have voice mail transcriptions to support this issue.

Description of Work
Specifically, a new roof on an office, porch area of my home

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

07/20/2017

Wendy D.

Better than expected. A+ company in every category!

Description of Work
Remodeling laundry room

Category remodeling

07/11/2017

Dale R.

Excellent - no issues.

Description of Work
Replace Skylights

Category roofing, replacement windows

09/07/2016

Kelly R.

Adam came to our home, measured the windows and sat down with me to explain my options and give me a price. I ordered the windows that day. When they came in I was contacted with an installation date and time. The crew showed up as expected and very quickly and efficiently installed all 4 windows. They cleaned up the job very well before leaving. 4 months later we are very happy with our new windows.

Description of Work
We had 4 windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

07/22/2016

Russell H.

Description of Work
Had deck and siding repair work done. Excellent quality and reasonable price.

12/03/2015

Nikki A.

Description of Work
I needed to call several times to remind then they were supposed to be doing work on my house. They did not finish the work and I had to wait several weeks for it to get finished and to get a reply. I had asked for additional work to be done and it was not and I was told it now could not be done. Very disappointed at the lack of communication and the disorganized manner in which they run and the total disregard for their customers.

[Member Name Removed], This is Adam the owner of the company. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I was unaware that there were any issues remaining that were not taken care of. To my knowledge we were out within about a week to take care of any issues. I see in your file we gave you a quote for flat roofing work on October 6th. Based on when you called back it was indeed to late to effectively do that type of work. Flat roofing products are very temperature sensitive in order to apply them correctly. I would like to offer to come out and meet with you in person to address any issues you may have so that they may get rectified. Our reputation and customers mean the world to us. Please accept my apology and I look forward to hearing from you so we can correct anything that still remains incomplete. Again, my apologies.

11/03/2015

Mark R.

Category insulation, roofing, siding

09/28/2015

lou Z.

They did a great job on the roofing itself. Looks much better than I had hoped on my 165 year old home. They didn't do trim-work though so on my older home that needed a lot of it that was an issue. If I had known this up front I would have looked elsewhere - When the estimate was given we discussed this, and he said "No Problem". then once they started it changed to we are roofers and don't do trim work. Up Close the Drip Edge's were cut poorly in many spots with gaps, and sloppy bends. The Overhang's were not straight in a some spots + When I talked to the owner, he simply stated "my guys are roofers, and don't do trim" Since they wouldn't replace the Ornamental crown molding which was all rotted,and came off with the roof in many cases, I decided to do that myself, and it was a challenge, couse the Roof edges were not all straight or in the right places. In some cases the Drip edge is tight up against the Molding, in other areas there is as much as 8" of extra overhang. I definitely wouldn't even consider them for future trimwork, and siding projects I have coming up. If I had a newer home they would have been an B+ i'm sure. On an older home with Wood trim that needs work, not so much, you should probably look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Total Roof tear off, and Reroof

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Yes you are correct. The guys that work for us that roof only do roofing. I'm very sorry that my estimator lead you to think otherwise. The reason the roof overhangs so oddly is that they were trying to compensate for a crown moulding that was to be put on after the roof. As I confessed, my roofers know very little about trim carpentry. At the end of the day I thank you for the business and wished it would have been easier to trim you 1800's home. I don't blame you for not being satisfied based on the error in communication of our sales rep. Good luck on your future projects, you have a beautiful home.

09/23/2015

Elaine D.

Description of Work
were here to do a quote for a roofing project

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing

08/28/2015

Stephen S.

Description of Work
Re-roofing. Entire job took about three days. The were neat, professional and easy to work with.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, doors

06/22/2015

Betty G.

Description of Work
Marshalls originally sent a crew last winter to clear our roof due to ice damming and leaking. We had them replace our roof in May. They sent a crew that knew what they were doing. We have a split level home. The lower level is the original home. The higher level is an addition which we put on 22 years ago. One crew worked on the top end and another crew worked on the lower roof. They were professional, responsive and friendly. Most of the work was done in one day. They returned the next morning to finish up. Two hours later they were gone. Their work included replacing almost all of the plywood on the original roof. We had a small issue with a nail puncturing our awning as their tarp was fastened tight enough and they fixed it the next day. They also have an excellent warranty which helped seal the deal.

02/25/2015

Betty B.

Description of Work
Removed snow and broke up ice in gutters.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, doors

12/18/2014

Jeannette S.

Description of Work
They removed 3 layers of roofing and replaced boards and roofing as well as installed 2 solar vents and an exterior door to our back yard plus insulated with blown insulation the entire attic. They were done in 2 days.

Category insulation, roofing, doors

09/11/2014

Thomas S.

The easiest way to describe my experience is to reprint the letter I sent to Marshall Exteriors on August 29, 2014: Dear Adam, Your crew is finishing up the roofing work this morning and I wanted to express a few thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind. My home was built in 1861 and when we first spoke about roof replacement, I had grave reservations about how certain problems would be handled. There was restricted access to some areas due to large trees. Additionally, some roof portions were original, complete with wood rot, infiltration, moss and other issues. These were significant concerns. Indeed, one roof surface (as seen in one of the "before" photos) looked more like something found on a Hobbit house. It was about as bad as it gets. I got two other quotes, yours was the lowest, but the main reason I went with Marshall was the fact that during our on-site assessment, it became clear to me that I was dealing with a superior, well-managed organization. Whereas the other firms were focused on "the job," you were focused on "doing it right." You answered all of my questions and your ability to produce a comprehensive and readable quote in minutes cinched the deal. Still, I was skeptical that all would proceed smoothly and in budget. I need not have worried. Your crew performed a virtual miracle in 2 days (the other roofers said 3-5 days). Your choice of materials was superior, all professionally delivered on-site the night before. Your crew was well-equipped and they showed themselves to be hard workers, yet personable and conscientious. I was especially impressed by the ability of your foreman ("Fred") to make good architectural decisions. Portions of the structure of one roof had disintegrated and the remainder was problematic. He had to decide on the spot how to handle multiple problems correctly and professionally -- and he did! He addressed issues that I wasn't even aware of, and did it all in record time. To put it simply, Marshall Exteriors has far exceeded my expectations. Your crew demonstrated outstanding attention to detail, they were all safety conscious, they were aware of surroundings and communicated well. They regularly asked for guidance from me when preferences and dispositions arose, which I greatly appreciated. To top it off, they performed a spotless cleanup and a few impressions in the grass are the only evidence they had been there at all. I don't think it gets any better than this. Siding and windows are next and there is no doubt in my mind as to who will be doing the work. I commend you for the quality and professionalism of your organization and I look forward to working with you in the future. Sincerely, I have been a technology professional for 42 years and I joined Angie's List so that I could post this review. This is the first time I have ever been sufficiently motivated to do such a thing. However, Marshall Exteriors is clearly a superior outfit. I am thrilled with the work they performed and the manner in which they performed it. If this review prompts someone else to hire them, all the better. They worked hard for my review and they earned it.

Description of Work
Completely replaced roof, drip edges, shingles, underlayment, sheathing and gutters on 150-year old 2-storey home, including replacement of some internal structure.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

07/07/2014

J Z.

Very professional and clear

Description of Work
Provide estimate

05/20/2013

Anita O.

Never even knew they were there. They came when I was at work and all done by the time I got home.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement with tear off and removal of old roof on 1/2 the house.

Category remodeling

01/22/2013

Brooke E.

I was quoted by several people regarding replacement windows and doors in my small home. We were on a money crunch and chose someone who claimed they would be $1500 less. They didn't end up being that way, they took much longer to install than the timeline Marshall gave us, and the quality was lower. I learned my lesson!!! Never buy windows and doors that you can't manipulate first! I really wish I had chosen Marshall! I will tell all my friends to go with them! I wish I could turn back time! Great people to work with, great quality product, and fast installation.

Description of Work
Oh how I wish I would have chosen them!!!

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, doors

11/19/2012

brenda S.

I had a very good experience with Marshall Exteriors. They did the work in a timely manner. The workers were courteous, cleaned up after themselves and everything went smoothly. I was happy with the price. I thought it was fair.

Description of Work
Marshall Exteriors just replaced all the windows of my home with new replacement windows.

Category replacement windows

08/24/2012

Lois N.

Marshall Exteriors had very nice and professional men . They came in and told us how they were going to do the roof and got to work immediately. In 4 and 1/2 hours later the roof was done and cleaned up. Marshall Exteriors is the best roofers we found. Thank you Angie's List. Duane and Lois Newland

Description of Work
The crew of 8 men came in and stripped our roof down to the plywood and put ice and water paper on 3 feet up and then put tar paper on the rest of the roof. They took out 2 old skylights and put in 2 new skylights and new shingles plus a vent the length of our trailer. They cleaned up everywhere and job was done.

02/21/2012

Christine W.

The roof now sags, and leaks. The leak is very bad. He was unresponsive when I had contacted him to resolve the issue. We have now gotten to the point where I got my attorney involved, and he did not even respond to their letter either.

Description of Work
He came out and replaced a roof on a 900 square foot cottage.

We are sorry to here of this issue. However the roof sagged prior to replacement which was a structural issue. We are not engineers nor did we build the house. Our warranties state we do not correct sagging roofs, nor was it discussed. We were never made aware of the leak and we did not receive a letter from an attorney. We would not still be in business with 7000 customers in 14 years if we did not respond to issues. Feel free to contact us at 315-331-6462 to discuss it if you would like.

09/01/2011

Stephanie M.

Replacing a roof on a 2500 square foot ranch is a daunting task, so my husband and I wanted to make sure we were getting the best price. We interviewed several roofing companies and by far, Adam from Marshall exteriors was the most patient and professional person we spoke to. He took the time to teach us and even spent an extra hour answering all the questions my husband had. As far as the job itself, the roof had several dips in it from when the house was built and the wrong trusses were used in spots. His crew shimmied things up then used a level and plum line to make sure our roof was perfectly flat and level. It's that kind of attention to detail I appreciate. The crew was very polite and careful to pick up all their materials after they were done. It's not often I write reviews, but I was so impressed with the quality of everything from the bid up to the actual job, I felt I needed to give Marshall Exteriors praise.

Description of Work
Tear off and reshingling a 2500 square foot ranch house. Replacing most of the plywood under the roof as well.