YSG Solar

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2011

79 Madison Ave 8th Floor

New York, NY 10016

YSG Solar is a family office that values transparency, innovation and conducting business with the utmost integrity. We’re committed to providing the highest quality solar equipment at a competitive price—and a whole lot more. Our team is an elite group of individuals with expertise in policy, structured finance, engineering, and construction management. YSG Solar currently has offices in New York and California. Communites we service include Northern California, Greater New York City region including Long Island, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx, Westchester County, Orange County, Rockland County and Rochester. Going solar has never been easier, or a better investment, than right now. With short payback periods, exciting new tech like high capacity battery storage and real-time system monitoring from your smartphone or tablet, it’s easy to see why more people are going solar than ever before. We work hard to understand each and every customer’s energy needs, relying on exceptional professionalism and the unsurpassed expertise that can only come from more than 25 years in the field. Every YSG Solar system designer, engineer and installer is trained to develop fully optimized solar solutions that deliver power and performance and a return on your investment in almost no time at all. Take a first step toward energy independence today with clean, renewable solar energy from YSG Solar today. Contact us or call 516.855.7283!...

06/22/2022

John W.

The installation went fairly smoothly. Electrical inspection took a few tries, but they got it done. It took me 3 years of regular requests to get the final sign-off from the Dept of Buildings because of issues between YSG and the company they hired to handle that paperwork. My power production has been averaging about 55% of what they predicted it would be. YSG has completely ignored my requests for help in trying to determine why I am getting poor performance. The solar monitoring company says the system looks good from their end and they offered to work with YSG if they would send a technician to my house to work on it. YSG has not responded to that offer. I am very disappointed since YSG assured me they would be there to support me after the sale. I would not recommend YSG Solar

Description of Work
Design and Install Solar Panels on Roof

12/10/2021

RICHARD P.

HORRIBLE, THE OWE ME MONEY BY CONTRACT, CAN'T GET ANY SERVICE, MASTERMIND KENNETH DECICCIO IS THE BIGEST CROOK, LIAR.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED MY SOLAR SYSTEM

07/28/2021

Felix C.

YSG are the go to solar guys. Two of my colleagues had systems installed by two of the bigger name companies and both of them have had non stop issues since their systems were installed in 2017 and 2018. I had a hard time finding a solar contractor after listening to their experiences until I met YSG at a trade show out in Staten Island in 2019. After about a year of going back and forth we finally pulled the trigger and had our system installed January 2020, right before the pandemic hit. Throughout all the shut downs and issues out of their control YSG was able to keep me in the loop and the closeout process was pretty quick considering what disarray the city was in at that point. Our system has been running beautifully for the last 5ish months since it was turned on and we’ve overproduced so far this summer. If my wife gets her way we’ll be moving out of the city soon and I would absolutely hire YSG again for a solar system. Thanks Felix C.

Description of Work
solar system

07/24/2021

Michelle P.

DO NOT USE YSG SOLAR. We were induced into a contract for solar with a promised rebate of $2000. This was written directly to us from a salesman from YSG Solar. After installation, we requested our rebate was was told that the salesman no longer works there and he was mistaken so they wouldn't honor the rebate. This led to 5 months of emails and calls and they finally sent us half. They refused to give us the remaining rebate money. Reported to the NYS Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Unit and the Better Business Bureau. Even more troubling is that they lied to the BBB and said this was a promotion we were seeking after the fact - completely ignoring the written emails with the promised rebate! Every consumer needs to be aware of their fraudulent practices.

Description of Work
solar panels

Category solar panels

Hi [Member Name Removed], PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS RESPONSE: We are sorry you are frustrated but do not appreciate the false claims. We sent a promotion to another individual, that was forwarded to you. You signed a contract without this promotion in it. After the installation was completed you brought up the fact that you felt entitled to this promotion since you had a copy of the email. We advised you that this was not valid and also that your system was not large enough to receive this rebate—as the $2,000 exceeds 20% of your entire project cost. We agreed to give you a discount of $1,000 in good faith. You have continued to request additional money and state that you will leave negative reviews because you are an attorney if we do not pay you this money. We appreciate your business but we do not operate like this. YSG is a family operation looking for honest customers to work with and provide service to for 25 years. If you would like to discuss this further, or would like to see the copies and timeline that we prepared after investigating this file, you can call us at (516) 855-7283, or send an email to operations@ysgsolar.com. Thank you, YSG Solar

06/30/2021

Jennifer W.

This story starts with mentioning that it was 10 below freezing at midnight when the power went out! As a single man I would not be too worried, but I had a wife, 3 kids, and at the time, a new baby on the way. Also, the thought of our new wood boiler freezing up was a nightmare. The house was losing temperature fast, but fortunately, Coned had the power restored within two hours, which is amazing in such dangerous conditions. I made a decision that night. We needed a backup plan. After saving up some money, I talked to a gentlemen at YSG Solar. I told them, in the event of a power outage, I want enough backup power to run the boiler, the furnace fan, and to flush the toilets. I have to say, I was quite impressed with the efficiency of their work as well as the product. A week after the installation, Coned alerted us regarding a two hour power outage for the maintenance to the neighborhood lines, to take place at 9 the next morning. Next day, working on the computer, I asked the wife if it was 9 yet. She said 5 after. Was the power out? Yes, but we could not tell, the computer screen never even blinked! One other thing I asked of YSG Solar, was that during normal days without a power outage, how do we harness the additional power the panels take in. Apparently it's called "Back-feeding the grid". All extra power produced goes to the grid, to be stored for later use in our account. The result? Our electric bill went from $216 to $22. But to work this out not only requires the expertise with the equipment, but also knowledge of local codes, which differ amongst counties as well. This was too big of an investment to trust the beginners, and I am very glad I chose YSG Solar. At the writing of this testimonial, the guys at YSG Solar have a combined experience of 16 years, and it shows! * Update 6-30-2021. I wrote this testimonial well over a year ago, and am still enjoying the peace of mind. To do it over, I would not change a thing.

Description of Work
solar install

06/11/2021

rosemarie A.

Wow, just wow. I can't say enough great things about YSG solar. Installation was done very quickly and with high quality. The crew was very friendly, responsive, under the direction Mr. Slowik (roof leader). I had a great experience working with Savil (electrician) who helped me understand the solar electric generation process as well as weigh the pros and cons of different systems regarding the inverter, micro inverter etc...and had the ability to answer every question i asked. The job lasted less than 2 days and the crew kept my neighbors happy which is a feat in itself. Our bill has gone down over $120/month and will continue to decrease as we accumulate more power. I would highly recommend YSG solar for your solar needs.

Description of Work
solar system done

Category solar panels, energy audit

05/27/2021

barbara J.

YSG installed our panels and had our older roof repaired in some of the worst winter weather imaginable. Snow (feet of the stuff), cold (teens and lower), and wind (some over 30mph). And yet, they just showed up and worked to get our system installed. They communicated exceptionally, letting us know plans and progress every step of the way, and responded to questions and concerns with complete openness and working solutions. Despite COVID-19 isolation protocols, they minimized contact, masked up, and maintained the highest professional standards throughout. They were able to map our house out and give us a surprisngly accurate quote without having to come out in person to meet first. Once I saw the quote I invited them out to sign everything and do a walk through. Within I'd say 3 months our system was being installed and generating electricity, even in the dead of winter. I would highly recommended going with YSG

Description of Work
had solar system installed and roof fixed

Category electrician, roofing, solar panels

04/24/2021

kenneth R.

Team YSG for the win! This is my first solar experience and I couldn't be happier. Up to installation I'd say is 3 stars as I ran into a few issues and it can be difficult to contact the service reps. Basically I had many questions and had a hard time understanding some aspects, but not at the fault of YSG. However, once that hurdle was crossed the install crew at YSG did a fantastic job. The crew lead was patient and kind and walked me through the entire process. The team was super friendly and nice and they did what they could to accommodate my requests. The job was supposed to be done in 4-5 hours but they were stopped by 4 different safety inspectors which delayed them an additional 2 hours. I know things can get crazy with the Long Island Building Dept where I live, and I know this again was no fault of YSG and they handled it like champs. Overall, they were extremely friendly, nice, safe, and kind. Even the men who worked on the top were friendly. I've had my system for going on 9 months and our PSEG bill is already in the negative each month. Thanks so much for everything.

Description of Work
solar system installed

03/27/2021

pennianne C.

After looking at multiple companies, we went with YSG and are very happy we did. They had no high pressure sales tactics, aka let my wife take her sweet time deciding while still honoring the quoted price, and were actually 40-50% cheaper (!) per KW than the other two companies we looked at in detail. The whole application process was very streamlined and well organized, almost all done online, with YSG taking care of all the paperwork, right down to getting the local building permit. The installation itself was done less than 12 weeks after we opened our application, which was incredibly fast compared to what the others were offering, plus the installers were actually YSG employees, not contractors. Finally, I think YSG's panels look better, with a lower profile and a nice skirt around all the panels versus the design examples we received from the other two companies. We are very pleased with our panels and the entire project.

Description of Work
SOLAR SYSTEM

03/09/2021

NORM S.

Before getting Solar I talked with many companies and got numerous quotes but none were as low as YSG, especially factoring in the long warranties that come with the equipment YSG uses. With that said, YSG also had a decent amount of negative or just so-so reviews so I had to take that into consideration. I spoke with the rep, Ken, several times about getting Solar before I decided to do it. He was amazing and assured me YSG had made many changes to better the experience and he was right. As a contractor myself in another field, I've seen first hand how one bad apple can spoil the bunch when it comes to a smooth working project. If one part of the cog doesn't do their part, the whole operation can be at a standstill and make me look bad as the contractor. So I was aware of the potential for unexpected hiccups to arise and I'm pleased to say we actually had none. The entire process was great and although it has only been up and running for 6 months, I can see each day how much I am saving. Highly recommend going Solar with YSG, I was not disappointed. I was offered an Amazon gift card for the time I spent going out of my way to leave a review, but I was never asked to leave any specific amount of stars and YSG told me to be honest in my review. In this day and age, when everything is done online and anyone can look up a company's reviews, it makes sense to me that a company would go out of their way to have past customers sharing their experiences online for future customers to see.

Description of Work
solar system installed

02/05/2021

teena J.

My family had the system installed in August of 2017. The team was unbelievable in making the install perfect. The way they did it swiftly, efficiently, and even hiding the conduit coming down the side of my house was incredible. The system and monitoring is excellent and we are running slightly above promised production which carries over until the end of each year, then Coned sends a check for the difference. If a panel goes out I can see an alert in my monitoring system which is helpful as this has happened a few times due to bad weather etc but it usually resolves on it's own. The price was the lowest and highest promised production. I now know why they are one of the largest in the NY. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
solar installation

01/24/2021

Paxton I.

After researching several of the top solar companies in our area we went with YSG Solar and we are glad we did. The project proceeded just as the sales rep explained it would and the cost was exactly what the written proposal said it would be. We were notified all along the way by email at each step. Getting the fudning for the panels was easy and painless... all done electronically and guided by YSG. When it was time for our install we were notified that there was a shortage of our selected panels so they upgraded us at NO Charge to us to the next highest rated panel which produces more energy. The install continued on schedule. On install day, the installers arrived on time and began work. I was very impressed with the workers and how quickly and efficiently they installed the panels. Once completed and the inspection was done it did take a few days longer than necessary to get the paperwork transferred to Coned but once it was done the next day we got the OK from Coned to turn it on. It's been working perfectly since then. We went live 10/5/20 and just got our first bill since the install from Coned and the result is our electric bill was 9 cents for October. For sept we paid $143 electric and for august we paid $166 for electric after Coned jacked up their rates. So this means we have already saved $150/month so far and our system wasn't even activated for the highest producing summer months yet. Can't wait to see what our system does next summer. Super satisfied with YSG Solar.

Description of Work
solar panels were installed

12/22/2020

Francis W.

We were given LG panels by YSG Solar. Compared to the equipement quoted by the other two companies we were in contact with, we found LG panels had the right cost and reliability from a name brand company with a very strong background. LG seems to be bigger and stronger than Solarworld and Sunpower put together. I'm glad I put my money where LG is. We also used LG panels on our office and were given fast workmanship with our super lite, super efficient modules that look great. Our office bill is over $2k less than it was before we had our 17kw system installed and our home bill is $400 less per month. We have banked almost 1000kw/year extra on our home Coned account since 2018 when our systems were installed. I will say it did take some time to get both systems up and running as NYC is swamped with inspections and they only have so many inspectors working at a time. Although we knew these issues were not due to YSG errors, they still kept us in the loop and were open with communication even when we got briefly frustrated along the way. Thank you LG panels and YSG Solar for the high performing residential and commercial systems you installed for us. Would definitely recommend

Description of Work
solar system installed

12/17/2020

Darlene F.

After researching different Solar companies I am absolutely satisfied with the decision I made choosing YSG Solar for the installation of my solar panels! YSG Solar was responsive and helpful from the time I first called, through our decision-making process, and throughout the planning and installation of our system. Kenneth DeCiccio went over all of my options and answered every question I had no matter what time of day I called. He was very helpful and efficient!! My installation went smoothly and as planned. Kenneth DeCiccio followed up with me every step of the way to ensure the system was working as it should. I am very pleased with YSG Solar and would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone considering a solar installation. Darlene F.

Description of Work
Solar panels

12/15/2020

Nancy N.

I had my solar panels installed in Sept 2018 and shortly after we had some severe rain. I noticed a water spot on my son's bedroom ceiling and called YSG to come out and take a look and make sure I didn't have an issue with the installation. Two crew members were dispatched quickly and it turned out it had nothing to do with the installation. I found out my roofer took some shortcuts which caused the leak. The crew was kind enough to offer and fix the issue while he was up on my roof as it was a quick fix. My system has been performing exactly on par with the original estimate given and my experience with YSG has been excellent.

Description of Work
solar panels

12/11/2020

Nicholas T.

I chose YSG out of more than a half a dozen other solar contractors. They had good online reviews and I liked their warranties. I also liked the fact that they used Panasonic solar panels which as high quality and have their own limited warranty. So in case of anything I can get anyone to take a look at the panels. The project didn't go baby smooth. There were a few bumps along the way. The panels were up on my roof by the end of November 2019 but didn't get going until June 2020. However this is more to do with life as we know it shutting down for a few months because of COVID. This delayed inspections and electrical tie ins by the utility company. The were professional and responsive. As I said there were a few hiccups during the project. Getting people scheduled and at my house was an issue but it was mostly because of the perfect pandemic we went through. I had an electrical issue in my breaker panel after installation. They came in and resolved everything. The inspection and sign offs went smoothly as well. So long story short they are a good choice for going to solar. The project wasn't completely seamless but nothing in construction goes seamless. The end result is I have a great system and a great price and worked with a great company.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

12/06/2020

henry H.

I chose them because of the three I looked at, they seemed to have the most experience. Also, a fellow neighbor had used them and was pleased. I originally reached out while out of town for work and was unable to meet anyone at my home to get a quote. Within 48 hours, they sent me a detailed quote with financing options and a thorough tax credit breakdown. While still out of town, I asked them to go to my property to perform the shade report to determine an accurate production estimate which they happily did. By the time I got back in town a month and a half later, installation was starting and was completed within about a week. So far, as of November 2019, my bill has consistently stayed under $50/month down from around $375/month. I would choose YSG again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
had solar panels installed

12/01/2020

jacob W.

We picked YSG Solar after talking with 2 other solar companies in our region. We are thankful we did. The sales process was very professional and they were honest about what they could and couldn't do, most of which was aesthetics requests from my wife. They completed the actual installation in 1 day and we and our neighbors were impressed with the collegiality of the workers. The finished product looks great and the price was fair, around 2k less than the other company we got a quote from even including the use of more expensive black Panasonic panels. Our bill went from around $350 to now under $100. A large portion of our roof is North facing and the other portion we didn't want to trim trees to use, so our system does not cover 100% of our bill which is fine with us. We would pick them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
SOLAR PANELS INSTALLED

11/23/2020

michael F.

We picked YSG Solar after talking with 2 other solar companies in our region. We are thankful we did. The sales process was very professional and they were honest about what the could and couldn't do. They completed the actual installation in 1 day and we and our neighbors were impressed with the collegiality of the workers. The finish product looks great and the price was fair. We would pick them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
SOLAR PANELS INSTALLED, ELECTRICAL PANEL UPGRADED

11/12/2020

janet W.

Great team! Excellent customer service from start to finish. Extremely knowledgeable and honest. They answered all my questions and were very transparent about what to expect with timelines and dreaded, unpredictable Long Island permitting. I had an 8.68 kWh system installed by them in 2018 which covers 106% of my usage. They designed the system, acquired permits, and submitted the design to HOA for approval. The installation was complete in one day, and the aesthetics are superb- including black frame panels to be within our HOA guidelines. The pricing is extremely competitive, if not the best out there with a savings of about $5k for us. They don't play games and overpromise like some other solar companies and we were happy to have American made products. You can't go wrong with YSG solar. I Highly recommend

Description of Work
SOLAR PANELS INSTALLED

11/06/2020

David L.

I could not be happier with YSG Solar. I decided to go with YSG in June 2017 because of their initial responsiveness: they were willing to educate me on the options and immediately signaled that they were a company I could trust, that would be responsive to my needs, that would communicate in a timely manner, and that could get the job done quickly and efficiently. I was not disappointed. YSG quickly and effectively managed the permitting process with our local authorities, and despite complicating factors due to summer weather and distance to the site, we were able to schedule an initial site visit and installation much more rapidly than I expected, inside of about 45 days. They communicated regularly during the process and I always received a response within a day when I reached out with a question. The system is now up and running and generating loads of electricity. We have not paid more than about $16 to Coned since 2017. I also think it's worth mentioning YSG's ethos as a company. YSG Solar is in this business for all the right reasons: they value the environment and are quite knowledgeable about the ever-developing options for renewable energy. They have been in the biz longer than 95% of the other companies we spoke with early in our solar process. A small, family-oriented company, they also seem to have happy and empowered employees. I cannot recommend them highly enough

Description of Work
solar panels installed

11/02/2020

Russell W.

I would highly recommend YSG SOLAR to anyone considering moving to solar energy. The company could not have been more thorough or professional. Every detail was explained prior to beginning the project, including what we could expect in tax rebates, how long it would take to see a return on our investment, and a full outline of the installation process. The work was expertly managed and kept on schedule, if not a bit early. In just one month, our electricity has gone from close to $200 a month to $19 which is just the account fee Coned charges no matter what. Not to mention, YSG SOLAR supplied all the paperwork necessary for my tax rebates - nearly a total of $15,000. Even my accountant was impressed. I could not have been more pleased with their expertise and excellent customer service.

Description of Work
solar panels installed

10/28/2020

Michelle S.

For years we had been wanting to switch to a sustainable energy source in order to decrease our carbon footprint and lower our energy bill. We've had an off grid cabin for years but not with a solar system connected to the grid.We shopped around for months trying to find a solar company who would be able to provide us with the best solar panel array for the price. Our search ended at the first appointment with a sales manager from YSG who explained in detail all of our options and answered our many questions. From the permits, the paperwork and ultimate completion of our installation, the team at YSG solar was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and professional. It's gratifying to wake up on a sunny day and know that we are harnessing that sunshine to power our home's energy needs.

Description of Work
Solar Panel system install

10/20/2020

Michael W.

The YSG Solar team are the people you need to call if you are in the market for a solar system. They are trustworthy, honest, knowledgeable and very helpful in making sure you get the right system to fit your needs. Process was quick and to the point. Wife isn't mad at me, win win. Would recommend

Description of Work
SOLAR PANEL INSTALL

10/14/2020

Wendy J.

YSG Solar is a locally owned business. They've installed many residential systems. They were willing to work with me even though I only needed a minimum size system. Other companies I contacted wouldn't even call me back when I sent them a photo of my electric bill. I had to get my contract submitted to Coned within 24 hours so I would qualify for the $2500 incentive and the extra $1000 they were running at the time (back in 2017). YSG got it done, even though the deadline was on a Saturday. The crew showed up on time about a month later and installed the system. They did not hurt the roof or my new gutters. There have been several bouts of severe weather since then, but my solar panels are fine and well secured. I had to wait another month for Coned to show up and inspect the system, but everything passed muster and they turned on my system. Since then, I have not had to pay an electric bill. Through May, 2017, the value of solar production exceeded the cost of the electricity I used, resulting in a credit which stays on my bill. In June and July, I owed small amounts for electricity, less than $20, but the credit balance I had built up covered those. In comparison with the same months in the year before I got solar, I have significant savings every month, such that my system will have paid for itself in less than 6 years. I had been interested in solar for years, and I'm very glad I finally took the plunge. I had my rebate and $1000 extra incentive from Coned less than three weeks from when they inspected my system and turned it on. YSG Solar handled everything with Coned. I can't recommend them enough! YSG Solar is definitely the company to choose for solar in NYC.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation