SOS Locksmith

New York, NY 10011

ADDITIONAL PHONE: (877)767-2288....

03/11/2016

susan F.

Description of Work
Changed my intercom system

02/09/2016

Cara A.

Very disappointed with this locksmith. After reading all the great reviews, I went into the shop on 7th Avenue, and asked about getting an old deadbolt replaced. I showed the person at the counter pictures of my door, the deadbolt that needed to be replaced, and explained what I wanted. He told me it would cost $195 + a $35 service fee (total $230) and a tech could come later today. Tech calls me to tell me he is on his way, gives a very accurate estimation of when he will arrive. When he gets to my apartment, he looks at my door and tells me it's going to cost me $125 to install + $250 for the deadbolt + $45 service call fee (total $420). WHAT?!!! I said no way, and told him what I was quoted. He was very nice, but said that was inaccurate. He said I could use a less expensive lock (fine, I live in a doorman building and don't need anything fancy), but it would still cost $125 to install + $190 for the deadbolt + $45 service fee (total $360). That's $130 more than I expected to spend AND I had to pay by credit card since I didn't have enough cash, so I got charged tax. Since the tech already came out, I felt like I was in a difficult spot and didn't want to turn him away. Unbelievable. I am extremely annoyed that the person at SOS did not give me an accurate estimate, especially considering I went into the store and had pictures. I'm not sure if the price is fair, considering I didn't shop around, but I would have liked to received an accurate estimate regardless. On a positive note, the tech was timely and professional, and he did a good job on the install, but I would not recommend this business, as I feel they were not forthright and I feel taken advantage of. Updated 3/4/16. After posting this review, I received a message from Guy, the owner of the business, who was very apologetic for my negative experience, ensuring me that it was not how he ran his business. He immediately sent a new tech to examine the deadbolt (after the initial install, it malfunctioned), and said he would look into the service I received on 2/6/16. As a result, I was refunded $140. Guy was very responsive, ensuring I received the check and my deadbolt was working properly. I was very impressed by the personal attention and dedication to "righting" this situation. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Replaced the deadbolt on my front door.

Category locksmith, doors

01/28/2015

Marianne R.

They didn't come here, I just purchased a lock from them. They didn't do the service here, I had one of the men that worked in the building to exchange the cylinder and put in this other lock that I needed. They were fine and were helpful. The quality of the part was fine. I didn't do any comparison for the price. I was desperate to get something at that time, and I just got it.

Description of Work
I got a lock from them.

03/20/2014

Rinat G.

Service tech was on time ; was upfront about all costs and even repaired an additional loose lock we had

Description of Work
Installed 2 mt5 multlock deadbolts

12/18/2013

Janice G.

I submitted an inquiry online regarding a door closer replacement which i needed as soon as possible. I got an immediate response from Guy. The next day, the technicians came with a good quality door closer and installed it in an efficient and professional manner - and it works well! I will definitely use them in the future!

Description of Work
Provided and installed a commercial, heavy duty door closer.

10/10/2013

Theodore B.

Guy, the gentlemen i spoke with, was very professional, helpful, and I was very happy about the experience. I will be contacting them again for other products.

Description of Work
I called them about installing some things and just ended up buying a lock from them.

08/27/2011

Angela N.

I put in a request for information online. I received a prompt and friendly call back. I explained I needed a new lock on my door and they offered to come out and show me some options but was absolutely not obligated to work at that time. We set a time for someone to come to my apartment. The locksmith called to let me know he was coming (during our agreed up on time), but I was not home yet. He was so accommodating and asked me when I would be home so he could come back then. When the locksmith got here, he showed me a few options and I decided to let him do the installation right there. SOS was excellent from the initial call right up to the service performed. I will be back and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I had a new deadbolt high security lock put on our door.

08/09/2011

Ritesh J.

Quick and easy - it only took him 10 mins.

Description of Work
Replaced two mailbox locks

05/01/2011

Sara Z.

Prices were astronomical.. They charged $165 for a door knob that costs around $35. They installed a keyless electronic dead bolt that malfunctioned less than one week after installation. After telling them I wanted it removed and wanted a traditional key deadbolt, they were adamant in giving me a different electronic lock. Overall, the experience was terrible. A lock is something you feel should give you a sense of security. After the initial model malfunctioned I told them the lock had automatically unlocked due to malfunctioning. The tech that showed up to remove it agreed. However, the manager/owner over the phone was refusing to believe that the lock would automatically unlock and pretty much forced me to take another electronic lock stating that he didnt have anyone available to install a traditional keyed dead bolt....REALLY??? Well the second lock is working well. However, their are holes in my metal door and door posts which SOS was supposed to come back to patch up and never did.

Description of Work
Changed door knob, dead bolt and hotel style security bar to front door.

Category locksmith

The door knob lock we installed is a commercial grade lock-set that retails more then 35$ :as for the digital entry lock we took full responsibility and replaced it with an upgraded model (there was a defect in the original) we also stand behind our service and quality of work: i personally spoke to the client and let him know that its better to replace the lock with something similar to avoid any exposed holes: i also told the client that if he still is not satisfied FULLY within a month period to call me anytime and that i would personally come myself day or night and install a deadbolt. A few weeks later: i called the customer just to check and see if he was satisfied... i was told that he was happy and the new digital locks works great. And the holes are patched up on door... as i promised. I personally apologize for the inconvenience that my customer had to deal with... and let him know that we are a real company that will do what it takes to ensure our customers satisfaction.

10/31/2008

william W.

Throughout this project I've had contact with a few of the guys there, and they are all professional, highly capable and a pleasure to work with. Frankie came to do the work, and made it seem a breeze. He clearly explained the choices and associated costs about the front door and offered some good ideas on which new locks were a better security choice for this type of door. The new lock was expensive and a good part of the bill, but it is so solid it makes the old one seem more like a toy. The door now closes and locks like a charm for the first time in 15 years. As to all the other knobs and keys, it was no big deal, quick and easy. Frankie earned my complete confidence from the start. I like that he recommends quality materials which will last (as I've had my fill of cheap locks that break down) though leaves the choice to me. I appreciate that he treats the job like it was in his own home.

Description of Work
The old lock/buzzer system on the front doors of our brownstone hadn't been closing properly despite various repair efforts over the years. The entire mechanism was replaced. As well, we had 2 old locks replaced with Multilocks, an old knob replaced with a better quality one, and then all the Multilocks keyed so that only 2 keys are needed for all 5 entrance doors.

05/26/2006

SALLY H.

I LIKE USING THIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY ARE CONVENIENT. THEY ARE RESPONSIVE AND GET TO YOUR HOME AS SOON AS THEY CAN. THE PRICE IS REASONABLE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM.

Description of Work
I HAD THIS COMPANY INSTALL A NEW KNOB ON THE FRONT DOOR AND MAKE A FEW COPIES OF SOME KEYS.

03/29/2006

THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, BUT EVERYTHING AROUND HERE IS. THE QUALITY OF THE WORK THEY DID WAS NOT THAT GREAT. I GUESS THEY ARE AN AVERAGE COMPANY AROUND HERE.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A LOCK ON MY APARTMENT DOOR FOR ME.

Category locksmith

We are sorry that you felt our charges were expensive, however 75$ is an extremely fair and competitive rate to have a lock replaced. We have a store on 7th ave, feel free to stop by and speak to a manager anytime about the invoice.

02/08/2006

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY DO A WONDERFUL JOB AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM. THEY ARE ALWAYS ON TIME. THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THE JOB DONE JUST THE WAY I WANT IT DONE.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED TWO LOCKS AND MADE SPARE KEYS FOR BOTH OF THEM.

DTV Installations LLC

DTV is dedicated to our customers, to make sure that we deliver the best service and technology, Our offices are located in NY,NJ,CT, with the top of the line SHOWROOM in Paramus NJ. "We will secure your home/business. We will make your AUDIO/VIDEO and HOME AUTOMATION dreams come true. We will help you create your own design. We will build and maintain your technology."

Offers by DTV Installations LLC on Angi
    N D SECURITY CO

We are family owned and operated by father and son, Steve and Nick DeSalvo. With over 48 years of service, we've become one of New Jersey's most trusted locksmiths, providing reliable and fast service to all our customers. Give us a call and receive help from residential, commercial, and industrial locksmiths. We are both bonded and registered with the FBI and hold an individual license with the State of New Jersey. When given a quote on the phone it is the price you are quoted, no surprises! We take great pride in our workmanship and look forward to doing business with you. Please call us today to schedule your appointment: (973) 625-5602

Urgent Locksmith LLC

Urgent Locksmith, LLC was established in New York. The company holds a Locksmith license from New York City Department Consumer Affairs, and specializes in locks, safes, vehicles, and security. ​ We consistently offer reputable security systems to all of our valued customers. High quality locksmith service has been our top priority from the moment we opened our location.

Offers by Urgent Locksmith LLC on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Locksmith, iron work, intercom, alarm, CCTV, access control, doors, safes, locks & high security locks.