Green Earth Pest Control

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2011

116 W 23rd St 5th Floor

New York, NY 10011

We're NYC's preferred pest removal service, because we provide excellent service to all clients. You will be presented with service options such as traditional pesticides for those who want the strongest products or Thermal Heat Remediation for those who do not want a drop of pesticide in their home, but want guaranteed results. You get to choose the service that you are most comfortable with. Your concerns will be our top priority. Our highly trained field technicians will not only remove your pests, they will also ensure that this process is as stress-free as possible for you. We provide removal service of all pests, including but not limited to bed bugs, mice, cockroaches, waterbugs, rats, fleas, silverfish, ants, moths, termites, etc. We provide traditional, green and organic pesticide services, plus steaming services, bed bug, moth & carpet beetle heat remediation, hepa-vacuuming, rodent exclusion, cryonite, fumigation, wildlife removal, etc. We service all of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Jersey City & Hoboken....

08/25/2021

Stephen C.

I live in a co-op building in Washington Heights. Green Earth is the exclusive extermination service that our co-op uses and our building is infested with mice and a variety of different roaches. It's a really bad situation and *no one* in my building is happy with the service that we're getting, but that's not why I'm writing this bad review. I'm writing because I had a particularly bad experience with Green Earth after they were hired by my building's management company to do mouse mitigation in my apartment. In short, the service itself was poor and nothing has changed in terms of the infestation in my housing unit - again, poor service is par for the course with these guys and is not why I'm writing. What really upset me is that Green Earth would not divulge any details of what it found in my apartment in terms of mouse activity nor would they divulge what compounds or substances that may have been spread around to mitigate the mouse problem when they were here. The explanation for their secrecy, from three rude people that reply to emails there, is that because the management company itself was the client that hired Green Earth, they believe that they do not have to tell me what pest control treatments were used that day in the apartment that I own. Apparently Green Earth takes its bureaucratic and self-assigned paper work obligations so seriously that they feel that they have an absurd duty to cloak pest control findings and, more importantly, the treatments that Green Earth uses, secret from the residents of housing units that it treats when they are hired by co-op boards or building managers to treat individual housing units. I've got a two year old kid and I just want to know what they may or may not have spread around my apartment and they won't tell me. To me, that is totally unacceptable.

Description of Work
Rodent mitigation

Category pest control

Nobody in your building complained to us about the service, with the exception of you. As a matter of fact, the neighboring buildings have hired us to resolve problems based on referrals from the super and from other board members in your building. If anyone else is unhappy with our service, please contact the property manager to voice your concerns. On 5/27/21, you were emailed the links to the labels of the 2 products that we intended to use, which are the exact products that we used. As always, all applications we make are out of the reach of children and pets. We completely understand that you are concerned for your 2 year old, but whether or not you told us about any of your concerns, we still would have taken the most responsible approach when applying any products. Therefore you have nothing to worry about as far as our service, and your son. While we do communicate with you to schedule the service in your home, we do not divulge everything about our service to you, because we do not work for the individual shareholder, we work for the management company, and therefore we communicate with the management companies to avoid miscommunications, like we have here today. What we did communicate with you was the style of service, what we needed you to do, and the required legal notification of products. The management hired us to do a rodent exclusion service in your home (this was the best possible service they could have provided you with), but when we showed up (we were not late) you did not prepare like we asked you to, and you did not have enough time for us to perform the rodent exclusion, because you had to leave, so we were not able to provide the rodent exclusion service. Instead we had to improvise based upon time, so we provided a basic rodent control service, and sent a report to the management company with repair recommendations. We are not magicians, what we do requires cooperation from our clients, had you allowed us to carry out the job as intended then you would have been happy.

01/21/2019

Michelle R.

Will was incredibly helpful and thorough - he arrived within the timeframe given, and took the time to look behind all the appliances, seal wherever he could, and point out any work we needed to do ourselves. He was very knowledgable and immediately found where the mice were coming from - he even left us some traps and steel wool in case we needed it for the work we were going to do ourselves. I had some questions about moths, unrelated to the mice, and he was happy to answer those, too! Very professional - would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Mice pest control

Category pest control

Thank you for your review and for your business!

12/12/2018

Joan S.

Professional, thorough, pleasant. He knew a great deal about mice and gave what I think will be good advice in keeping them away.

Description of Work
The mice in my apartment needed to be kept out!

Category pest control

Thank you for your business and for your review!

09/21/2018

Daisy P.

I had an inspection done. Inspector did not have experience with fleas nor did he recognize the samples that we had caught. He sent pictures of what we gave him to his office. I had to call later that afternoon to find out results. The office was not aware that he had done that. They put me on hold to check. They come back with oh yes, it’s fleas. I was dissatisfied with how this came about. They are suppose to be the experts but I did not feel that they sent a qualified technician. This is not a reflection of the technician, just poor choice on who was sent for job.

Description of Work
Flea control

Category pest control

Good Morning, first and foremost thank you very much for your business and for your feedback. Even though you're not satisfied with your experience, we greatly appreciate your input. The technician assigned to perform a biting insect inspection in your home, his name is Glenn. Glenn is fully certified in general pest control, which includes general knowledge of fleas and many other insects. When we are called to a home to investigate for biting insects, we are not always able to find anything. This doesn't mean that we are inexperienced, it means that sometimes the issue is so minor, it is like looking for a needle in haystack. When our technician isn't able to find anything, we place glue monitors in areas of concern and rely on the client to monitor the traps in our absence, as well as notify us if any insects are caught, by emailing us a picture of the insects on the trap, so we are able to determine if the insect is a biting insect or not. From there we recommend treatment, if necessary. We explain this to every single client during the initial phone consultation and the process is reiterated in the confirmation email we send for the appointment. You were not home for this inspection, your son was with Glenn. Glenn never told your son that he didn't have experience with fleas, he said he doesn't deal with fleas very often, mostly cases of bed bugs. This is where the confusion lays. Regarding you contacting our office before we contacted you. On any given day we could he servicing 50-200 accounts per day. We have technicians communicate electronically to our office immediately after each service. Each communication is reviewed by the end of the day, but not necessarily immediately after the service takes place. We usually contact the client first, but you called in soon after Glenn left your home. When you called, you were disappointed and we were trying to figure out the situation, which we eventually did. The samples you provided were indeed fleas and treatment was recommended. We're sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations, but rest assured that we did the best we could to serve your needs and definitely provided you with the service that you paid for. According to our records we emailed you information on flea removal service. If you haven't addressed the issue yet, then we'd be more than happy to provide the service for you, if you'd like. Our main hope is that you're happy and that we can turn the "D" rating into an "A". Please allow us the opportunity to prove ourselves to you. Please call our office on Monday to discuss. Thank you and have a great weekend.

04/10/2018

Esther S.

As a result of repairs/construction done in our home (porch and garage) last summer, the masons who worked in our garage for about 3 weeks had left the garage door open for long periods of time. This led to mice taking refuge in our garage and they eventually made their way into our home. We contacted Green Earth Pest Control who offered the program of rodent exclusion (which comes with a 90-day warranty) which included a visit by an expert in detecting areas throughout the house where mice were hiding in holes and setting up nests. Peter Santos came over for three hours and evaluated every room, closet, etc. He then closed and plugged many holes behind the oven, in the basement behind the dryer, closets, under radiators and many other areas. Two more visits were required by Peter to complete the closing of areas where mice continued to hide. He put poison everywhere and we are happy to report that the treatment has completely ended the mice in our home. Will Mosley, the manager, was always responsive to our questions and concerns. It has been three months since there were any sightings. Of note: our next-door neighbor had the same problem and also hired Green Earth with the same great results. This company if highly recommended.

Description of Work
Rodent Exclusion service

Category pest control

Thank you for your review and for your business! :)

01/24/2018

David M.

Fantastic. Arrived right on time, got straight to work in a very professional manner. Thoroughly checked out the kitchen to find the holes through which the mice were entering and closed them up. Put some poison of some kind in the walls or inaccessible places. Cleaned up and was finished. Very polite, a genuine pleasure. We had a couple of days of dead or dying mice showing up here and there, but have been completely clear since then (months have passed). Would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Had mice in the kitchen that we wanted rid of.

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experience with our service and most of all for your business! :)

01/15/2018

Lawrence L.

Went fine. No problems at all. The technician was on time, friendly, helpful and thorough. I was very happy with the service. I think this was the third time I have used them which tells you that I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
I had a water bugs in my basement

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your loyal patronage to our business and for your review!

11/15/2017

Jessica C.

I used Green Earth Pest Control and I could not be happier. I have a rodent problem in my NYC apartment. I've had my landlord and other pest control people look at the apartment and plug holes, but they kept coming. Peter from Green Earth Pest Control took a look and discovered several holes. He was on time (gave me 1 hour notice before getting here, and then again when he was 5 minutes out), professional, FAST, thorough, and friendly. He used NO TRAPS and no chemicals, which was very important to me. I have not seen a mouse since. I highly recommend Peter and Green Earth Pest Control.

Description of Work
Pest control - Rodents

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your review and for your business! :)

10/16/2017

Nancy L.

2 Treatments with dog inspections plus I hired another service to fumigate the furniture. Very helpful staff.

Description of Work
Eradication of bedbugs.

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your business and for your review! Have a good day! :)

10/16/2017

Nancy L.

The treatment eventually worked. I had dog inspections. After the second treatment, it turned out the bed frame still had evidence of bed bugs, They then suggested a fumigation service by another company to treat the furniture which I did. The combination of the two services finally conquered the bedbugs. I think both types of treatment were necessary in our case.

Description of Work
Two treatments for bed bugs

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your business and for your review! Have a good day! :)

10/11/2017

loretta P.

Very good, no mosquitos for a whole month

Description of Work
Misquote treatment

Category pest control

Thank you for rating our service and for your business!

09/06/2017

Deborah M.

I have had an on and off mouse problem for years. I brought in two different exterminators who were only able to leave sticky traps and poison, and say they could not figure out where the mice were coming in, beyond a maybe. Peter from Green Earth identified several holes that the others had missed, sealed them well, and literally searched every corner to make sure he hadn't missed anything. I also got some great information on how to prevent this from happening again and how to seal small holes myself in future if I notice them. It is BLISSFUL to be able to leave bread in my breadbox again and not have to worry about feeding a little furry army. No sign of mice. He even gave me some advice about fruit flies - he could have charged extra for service but instead he told me how to get rid of them myself.

Description of Work
Mouse proofing

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your review and most of all for your business! :)

08/21/2017

Daniel M.

Very well! Terrific service, excellent and thorough work preparing the house for spraying, and a very complete job. Two years later, and the bedbugs have not returned!

Description of Work
Sprayed for bedbugs in a house with a toddler

Category pest control

WOW! Your service was in 2014! Thank you very much for remembering us more than 3 years later! This is awesome! :)

05/03/2017

Eva R.

Easy Scheduling Their Professional on the phone Many times they were very effective, they always share the information for the products that they use they do follow up for services in case that issues doesn't go away, usually they check after 30 days, & do follow ups on service on a lower price They were very responsible with child safety

Description of Work
Detailed Cockroach Service/Extermination

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your business and for your review! :)

04/03/2017

Lawrence L.

It was quick and easy to set up an appointment and the tech was very pleasant and thorough. This is not the 1st time I have used them and they continue to be excellent.

Description of Work
I had a problem with water bugs in my basement.

Category pest control

Thank you for the opportunity to serve your pest control needs, over and over. We greatly appreciate your business and your kind review. :)

02/27/2017

Judith O.

Very well. The technician is always pleasant, polite, informative and helpful about what I can do to help eliminate the problem I was so pleased with their service, that I hired them on a monthly basis to keep my property pest free.

Description of Work
Rodent pest control both indoors and outdoors.

Category pest control

Thank you for your 5 years of loyal patronage and for this excellent review!

02/13/2017

Ari J.

Seems to be successful thus far but only a couple of weeks since treatment.

Description of Work
Heat treatment remediation for bed bugs

Category pest control

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our service and for your business! Please feel free to contact our office if you need anything.

01/23/2017

Charles B.

Arrived as scheduled, serviced two floors and basement, worked as promised (meaning it took a few weeks to be completely effective) and is still working after two years. Very professional; explained what was being done and how it would work; pet safe.

Description of Work
Roach and water bug control

Category pest control

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience with our company and for your business!

01/05/2017

Lucia D.

Peter did a fantastic job of sealing areas where mice have been getting into our house. He did the basement, first and second floor of our house. He was very thorough and explained where the mice were getting in. He is definitely experienced and knows his stuff. We would definitely use this company again. Great job!!!!

Description of Work
Rodent Exclusion

12/28/2016

Denise L.

Fantastic! Their technician throughly treated our small building and advised us how to keep our place pest free. They continue to be of service, even telling me where to obtain moth traps for less than they would be required to charge!! I LOVE these guys!! And everything they did was totally safe and considerate of the pets in the building! 100% HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Description of Work
Clothing moths and mice elimination!

12/27/2016

Denise L.

Great! Not only did they take care of the problem, they have shared with us the least expensive way to keep things under control in the future.

Description of Work
We had issues with clothing moths and mice.

Category animal removal

12/14/2016

Regina M.

Extremely well! Technician Peter Santos was in communication, on time, very professional. I am now a GREEN EARTH loyal client.

Description of Work
Mice/Rat extermination.

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your review and most of all for your business!

12/06/2016

stephanie A.

Background: I lived in same apartment building for 6 years. Thankfully, i have never had a problem with bugs. But, that all changed about a month ago. Someone moved into my line of apartments, and they are pigs. All of a sudden I am seeing a couple of roaches. I cannot live with roaches. Its too gross to me. And since i am OCD and clean like a madwoman, it was all the more upsetting. I called my building management, but they were less than helpful, reminding me that they have an exterminator that comes to the building twice a month. Of course its this happens during the work day, so someone is rarely home. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I contacted a few exterminators. all the pricing and serivce was similar, but out of the 4 companies i spoke with GREEN EARTH PEST was the only one that didn't try to upsell me. They were honest from the start. Will stayed on the phone with me for 45 minutes the first time i called, answering my somewhat insane panicked questions patiently. He ever suggested other things i could do, before hiring them. He told me to think about it, and call back if i wanted to book their service. I called the next day. Through the week I called a few times, to change the appointment date and time and with other questions. At no time was i rushed off the phone. I actually felt like they cared about me as a customer and person. When Peter showed up to perform my service he was professional and thorough. He even dealt with my super curious cats who stayed with him and tried to "assist" by going into closets and drawers! More than once i offered to lock them in the bedroom, but he said it wasnt necessary. I know i repeated mt questions and worries more than once. He was always patient and answered them as if it were the first time i had asked. In the end, he filled cracked with gel poison (or powder) used baits and pointed out the places my husband needed to seal up in a few weeks. The evening after he left was the first night in a few weeks that I wasnt completed freaked out when I walked into my kitchen or opened a pantry closet. Peter and Will were great. I appreciate everything they did. I would recommend GREEN EARTH PEST to anyone in the NYC area in need of an exterminator. To sum it up they were professional, knowledgeable, honest, patient and kind.

Description of Work
Green earth came due to my seeing roaches in my apartment

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your review and most of all for your business!

11/09/2016

Melissa P.

Excellent. So well that im having them come back for a follow up.

Description of Work
Pest Control

Category pest control

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate and review your experience with our service and most of all for your business! :)

10/08/2016

Erik Y.

Peter was an excellent technician. He called ahead of time to let me know when he would arrive, and arrived promptly when he said he would. He had a friendly demeanor and explained exactly what he would be doing to kill off current roaches and prevent future ones. It was extremely helpful to have someone so knowledgeable assessing the apartment. Peter was able to locate the entrance point (behind the stove, where the gas pipe connects to the wall) and even offered to block up the hole with a silicon based seal, to prevent future roaches from entering that way. He applied poison bait to the bottoms of the walls around the apartment, and set up glue traps to catch any more that were still lurking. He also gave us some spare traps to set up later if we needed them. Overall we were very happy with the service provided.

Description of Work
My roommate and I recently moved into an apartment with a roach infestation. We were seeing 2-3 large, Brown-banded cockroaches each day, in every room of the apartment, and we needed a long term solution to get rid of them.