FlatRate Moving

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2006

555 W 25th St

New York, NY 10001

FlatRate Moving is New York's most experienced and highly recommended moving company. FlatRate transformed the moving industry with its groundbreaking concept: Tell us what you want to move and we'll give you an upfront all-inclusive price. Every one of our moves starts with our all-inclusive package that includes everything you need to move. From packing lamps, mirrors, clothes and electronics to protecting floors, flat screen TVs, and handling furniture to paying for gas, tolls, and parking. We also offer additional services such as full packing, crating, or disposal all based on your specific needs. If you need to move cross country, our long distance moving division offers express weekly shuttles, guaranteed delivery dates, and heavy duty materials for a safe move. If you are relocating internationally, we are the most trusted international mover. For luxury moving, FlatRate ELITE offers our white glove moving service for the ultimate experience. We offer door-to-door full service gives you hands-free storage. Our storage facilities are safe, secure, and super-clean. We will work closely with you to create a moving package that's tailored to your specific needs and once we set the price, it's 100% guaranteed - there are never any extras or surprises. From our quote to your front door you can count on us to professionally handle your move. Our movers are trained year round in our hands-on Moving School to offer the most in protection and care....

4.2

4.2

4.3
movers (232)storage unit (12)hauling (2)

04/15/2021

Great! Very professional and careful. Helpful and no items were damaged

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2021

04/09/2021

We had the full pack the day before the moving day and everything are neatly packed. The movers are very experienced and finished the move within 5 hours. We are very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2021

04/06/2021

Flat-Rate movers are extremely organized and efficient - I’ve used them twice and they are always dependable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moved apartments

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2021

01/15/2021

TRULY horrible customer service. I moved in October 2020. I purchased insurance for my belongings. The majority of the items packed by FlatRate were broken. I filed a claim, and the claim was approved. Since then, I have never received payment for this claim. I have emailed nearly 20 times and have never gotten a response. I have left or 10 messages, and I have never been called back. I have liter...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving from New York to Austin

CATEGORY hauling services,moving companies

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2021

10/28/2020

Stay away! We moved from NYC to NJ last week and booked packing and moving with Flatrate. The movers came a day before to pack and didn't have enough supplies so they only packed half of the stuff. They said they will come with more supplies on the moving day. The day after I started seeing them moving our stuff without boxes, I asked them what's going on and they said they don't have boxes, only ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Packing and moving

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2020

08/13/2020

I am a repeat FlatRate customer as my wife and I have used them several times. I am not sure if the company is under new management or just went downhill but the horrific experience my family had should serve as a WARNING to any potential customers. Flatrate has novice movers that severely damaged my apartment floors back in June. They promised to compensate me for what they acknowledged was their...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
THE WORST EVER

CATEGORY delivery service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2020

Photo for FlatRate Moving - 555 W 25th St, New York, NY - 38804311

06/05/2019

Extremely professional and hard working. Lots of tough logistics to overcome but the guys never complained. They work as hard as anyone and never lost their good nature. I don’t know how they motivate their people but whatever they’re diving it’s extremely effective. Makes for a very pleasant experience. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving apartments. Large job

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2019

02/25/2019

The whole process was well organized, the people who worked with me before the move were friendly and competent. The actual move process went absolutely smoothly. It was absolutely the best experience I have ever had moving anywhere. I cannot recommend Flatrate Moving enough for an affordable and easy moving experience!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interstate Moving

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2019

Thank you for the feedback, [Member Name Removed]! Really appreciate the kind words. We're happy that you're happy with your move!

02/09/2019

For the many. times we've moved from office to office, or house to apartment or apartment to apartment, no move was as efficient, careful, and diligently done by a very pleasant and knowledgeable crew as Flatlate. I've recommmended them to friends and I'd certainly use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture moved to storage so that floor could be replaced.

CATEGORY hauling services,moving companies,storage units

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2019

Thank you for the recommendation! Please think of us for all of your moving and storage needs.

01/16/2019

Fantastic! Movers were great. Hard working, organized, friendly, and the crew leader was just a total Pro!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Move apartments

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2019

Thank you for your feedback - we will let the Foreman know how pleased you were. - FlatRate Moving Customer Service Team

Residential & commercial moving - local, long distance & overseas customers. Packing unpacking, box delivery, carpentry & crating, photo inventory, locksmith & security, disposal & cleaning, insurance, TV removal & installation.