8th Ave Emergency Plumbing and Heating

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2011

4.2

950 8th Ave

New York, NY 10107

Family owned and operated in NYC. We pride ourselves on some of the very same principles that rose to value: Integrity must be built, and offers value that cannot be measured. Kindness is always necessary, whether or not it is recognized. Hard work is a reflection of who we are, and must be pursued

10/11/2017

Stacy H.

BASED ON ANGIE'S LIST RECOMMENDATION: I called these guysto find out how much it would cost me to reconnect the hose of my clotheswasher to the water outlet. The woman who answered was rude and sarcastic, her tone clearly conveyed that she thought I was an idiot. In a 'bored' voice, she told me that it would cost me $150 just to have someone come out and look at what I needed to be done and to give me an estimate on the cost of said work. I asked if the $150 was applicable to the cost of the overall job, the woman snorted and replied "NO, that is nonrefundable and is not applicable to the cost of the job". I WAS SHOCKED! Who wants to be treated that way and to be charged like that? I said ;"Ok, thank you, I will call back" and she said, literally; "Whatever".

Description of Work
I needed my washing machine hose reconnected to the water source in my apartment, an easy enough job, I now realize but I have no experience with any type of plumbing and I didn't want to make any mistakes and flood anything.

07/11/2017

David A.

The plumber was nice but tardy. He snaked the suspected pipe however after the next hard rain the flooding still occurred. I called again on a Friday they scheduled me for Sunday. No one showed up. I called and they said he had an emergency. They rescheduled me for Monday evening at 6pm. 7pm no one showed up. I called back and they said it was never scheduled. I had to reschedule for the next day. The plumbers are ok the office staff is extremely poorly organized. I can't recommend this company because of this.

Description of Work
Our basement started flooding secondary to a clogged drain pipe.

Category drain cleaning

01/20/2017

Kathryn D.

Reliable and fast

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking toilet

08/22/2016

Deborah M.

Hektor came within the hour on a Sunday night and was great. Fixed the problem, easy to deal with, showed us how to shut off the water in future so that we could wait until regular business hours and save $ in future.

Description of Work
Bathtub hot water faucet would not shut off - Sunday night emergency

01/26/2014

John S.

The gentlemen who did the work were RIGHT on time (when does that ever happen with a plumber?!?), found the problem quickly, and fixed it. It looks like excellent, sturdy work that should hold up for a long time to come. I gave them a and quot;Band quot; on price because it wasn't cheap, but I expected it to be expensive - it was, after all, an emergency call on a Sunday morning that they went out of their way to schedule me for, which I appreciate. It was worth it. I'll use this service again.

Description of Work
I had a pipe burst on a Saturday night and had to shut off the water to my house. I tried another service but they didn't return my calls, so at 11pm I made an early Sunday morning appointment with 8th Ave - who answered their phone late on a Sat night and were able to make an appointment with me immediately, no callbacks.

12/24/2012

Edward M.

Contacted them via their website and they never even bothered to get back to me.

05/21/2012

Ryan O.

He comes every year to service the system and drain the boiler and clean it. He checks everything is up to date. He does a good job. He is very thorough. Every time we've had a problem he has fixed it. He has saved my butt plenty of times. I would give him the highest grade possible.

Description of Work
Service and water heater repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Z-Best Maintenance & Cleaning

Z-Best Maintenance & Cleaning provides HVAC Vent/Duct, Mini-Split & Dryer Cleaning, Post-Construction, Move-In. Move-Out Cleaning, Carpet, Tile, and Upholstery Cleaning for all Residential & Commercial Needs. "No Matter the Mess, Contact Z-Best" With over 30 years experience, contact us today at (516) -766-1492 and visit our website at www.zbestcleaing.com! We will meet any of Your Cleaning Needs! We have spent most of that time dedicated to the complete satisfaction of our clients, and the way that we do this is by employing a core of skilled craftsmen who are committed to excellence. Z-Best Maintenance & Cleaning counts among our satisfied clients medical, legal and other professionals who have come to rely on our office maintenance know-how. Our expertise does not end here. In keeping with our motto of diversity and environmentally conscience workmanship, we explored the needs of homeowners and businesses and propelled our organization into the direction that satisfies all of your needs. We welcome your questions and look forward to hearing from you.

Award 2022
    Drain Away Sewer Service Inc

At Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc., we put our customers needs first! We offer a range of drain services and we know that our customer's are the backbone of our success. Response times are quick through our 24-hour emergency service and we pride ourselves on providing competitive, up-front costs. Whether you take advantage of our maintenance and service contracts for savings, or you use us for one-time emergency services, Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc. will deliver on professional, reliable and quality work. Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc. provides both residential and commercial drain cleaning services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days per year. Offering over 10 years of experience in the drain cleaning business, our qualified staff is prepared to handle everything from a clogged toilet to main sewer services. We are centrally located to service both Westchester and Fairfield Counties.

DNA Plumbing Contractors Inc.

DNA PLUMBING CONTRACTORS, INC. 2167 CROSS BRONX EXPRESSWAY BRONX, NY 10462 718-204-2121 FAX 718-822-7333 info@dnaplumbingnyc.com LOCAL LAW 152 PERFORMED! We are full-service Plumbing Contractors and Fire Protection Company. We are Fully Licensed and insured with The New York City Department of Buildings. License numbers NYC LMP 1343 and NYC FSC 443-B. We are Task 86 & 87 qualified for Natural Gas. In addition, we do Water and Sewer Main Contracting. We have been licensed for over 25 years serving New York City, all the Five boroughs. We also remove and correct violations relating to ECB Violations. We also do Plumbing repairs and we are extremely competitive. We install and repair hot water heaters, boilers, re-pipe buildings, etc. We follow OSHA’s infection prevention recommendations. including using engineering and administrative controls and safe work practices to protect workers and customers from exposure to COVID-19.

Pipe/waterline leak, clogged toilet, drain or sewer back-up, hot water heater problem, flooded basement, heating problems, 8th ave emergency plumbing and heating are a well established company licensed, we have been in business for many years and have years of experience in the plumbing industry, our skilled and friendly plumbers are committed to provide the highest standards of workmanship to all our customers.