PaintNY

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2010

2.5

103-20 116th Street

New York City, NY 11419

Our aim is a happy outcome for you, so every aspect of services is designed with you in mind. Please visit our website for more details. Whilst we specialize in BLEMISH FREE finishes, we offer solutions for every budget, Please ask about our tiered pricing. We offer every client a FREE DAY* for all paid-in-full referrals over $2500.00, please tell your friends about us. Our Craftsmen have over 700 hours of study and research to ensure we provide exceptional services. *Specific Reasonable Conditions apply....

04/10/2015

David N.

.We hired Ganesh, owner of PaintNY to strip old paint from moldings and doors, skim coat walls then paint the apartment. He showed up very late, one of his workers spent the night in the apartment making noise resulting in complaints from neighbors. His crew had no idea what they were doing and had little guidance un use of chemical strippers. They failed to properly protect floors, faucets, appliances and smeared a sludge of stripper and old paint all over the apartment. They began skim coating walls without first applying bonding agent which will result in failure of the plaster within a few years. The day before the job was supposed to be done, se fired them and sent them away, we lost $5325 paid up front out of $8000 and will have to pay another contractor $13500 to clean up the mess and start over then may have to have the floors refinished as they now have paint and stripper all over them. The only two pieces of furniture that were in the apartment, two barstools have paint and stripper residue on them and will be thrown out. Our apartment is a toxic waste dump now and we can't live in it for another three weeks, and have to pay for storage and temporary housing. Using PaintNY has been an awful experience.

Description of Work
They were supposed to remove paint using EPA approved methods from window casework and doors then repaint the apartment and varnish the newly exposed woodwork. What did they actually do? They turned our apartment into an inhabitable toxic waste dump necessitating expensive clean up and another contractor to take over.

Category awnings

[Member name removed] RENEGED on the deal he made as soon as all the heavy lifting was done. we had a specific payment schedule in place and when I sent him an invoice and text message for the next payment he showed up and asked us to leave, threatening to call the police, I said what will you tell them? that we did the work and now you don't want to pay? My men were horrified, they never heard anyone speak to me that way before, I told them to begin packing up our stuff, we were leaving. I spoke with the buildings'Super and he said there is no other contractor there, but [member name removed] is there everyday painting, he knew he would do the painting himself, but instead of being honest about that and tell me he just wanted us to do the stripping, he held back payments so that he could get over on us, Now i have to take money out of my savings to pay the workmen! 12 years in business and every other customer is a repeat customer, but once in a while scamps like [member name removed] come out of the woodwork and intentionally deceive hard working people. Just for the record, my men and I spent an entire day protecting and covering up the entire apartment, even the chandelier and light fixtures. Everyday we cleaned up, we left with 10 full garbage bags! which the super can confirm. I even had to pay of pocket to have it properly disposed of, because he didn't make his payments. Don't believe a word of this shyster, he will make up anything to get out of paying.

05/06/2014

Whitney H.

The PaintNY crew was very communicative and responsive to our needs. We needed the work completed in a specific timeline and they were able to accommodate all of our requests. We are very happy with the results of all paint, wallpaper, and wall repair work and would recommend hiring this company for any interior housework. In fact, a relative of ours first recommended PaintNY to us as she was similarly impressed with the results.

Description of Work
The PaintNY crew did work on our pre-war apartment twice in the past four years. First, we needed two rooms painted and a kitchen and bathroom wallpapered. All were done in a very timely and professional manner and look beautiful to this day. Then, we needed our hallway repaired and painted. This job was also completed in a very timely and professional manner.

Category awnings

[member name removed] RENEGED on the deal he made as soon as all the heavy lifting was done. we had a specific payment schedule in place and when I sent him an invoice and text message for the next payment he showed up and asked us to leave, threatening to call the police, I said what will you tell them? that we did the work and now you don't want to pay? My men were horrified, they never heard anyone speak to me that way before, I told them to begin packing up our stuff, we were leaving. I spoke with the buildings'Super and he said there is no other contractor there, but [member name removed] is there everyday painting, he knew he would do the painting himself, but instead of being honest about that and tell me he just wanted us to do the stripping, he held back payments so that he could get over on us, Now i have to take money out of my savings to pay the workmen! 12 years in business and every other customer is a repeat customer, but once in a while scamps like [member name removed] come out of the woodwork and intentionally deceive hard working people. Just for the record, my men and I spent an entire day protecting and covering up the entire apartment, even the chandelier and light fixtures. Everyday we cleaned up, we left with 10 full garbage bags! which the super can confirm. I even had to pay of pocket to have it properly disposed of, because he didn't make his payments. Don't believe a word of this shyster, he will make up anything to get out of paying.

First Response Cleaning

Specializing in FIRE, WATER, AND SMOKE DAMAGE RESTORATION SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Rafiq Contracting

We are a local family owned business that has been providing all of your stone work, masonry and remodeling needs for the past 25 years! We specialize in historical homes and landmark buildings, masonry work, and stone work!

Elite Concrete Pumping

Most estimates are free.

Residential & Commercial Painting, Decorative (Faux) Painting, Room Makeovers, Wallpaper & Signs & Banners Installation & Removal, Interior-Exterior-Offices-Restaurants-Franchises-Corridors, Vinyl & Painted Murals, Property Restoration, Emergency & Overnight Service available, We do many types of interior renovation projects, please ask.

Typically we don't say no to any job of any size, if however we do not have the expertise, we will refer you elsewhere. Do feel free to ask us any questions.