Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co

Founded 1964 • With Angi since February 2006

58 Beechwood Ave.

New Rochelle, NY 10801

Family owned and operated since 1964, Almstead Tree and Shrub Care Company is proud to offer expert service to both residential and commercial clients. Whether you're in the market to save a cherished tree or manage an entire campus, you can trust Almstead to handle your goals and concerns with the utmost professionalism. Contact us today. www.almstead.com...

03/24/2022

Olga B.

I have received one of the most unprofessional emails from this company after being a repeat customer. They take zero responsibility, blame you and allow themselves to be rude and disrespectful.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

10/13/2020

Lori A.

Loved the trees Almstead planted! The came at the precise time expected, wearing PPE to work the job and got right to work. The result is 11 beautiful arborvitaes that look amazing! I will be using them again next year when I finish the backyard with new plantings. What a great experience from booking to result!

Description of Work
trees and removal of dead trees

Category tree service

Thank you for your positive comments. We will share it with the staff and crew.

04/07/2020

Harold M.

They were on-time, professional, handled the job professionally and cleaned up well. I'm already thinking about hiring them for additional work.

Description of Work
Cut down and remove several trees.

Category tree service

Thank you for your positive review. We will share it with the arborist and crew.

03/04/2020

Brendan C.

They are terrific. I've worked with Ken Almstead and his colleagues for over 12 years. They're the best in the business, always have great ideas and are very responsive.

Description of Work
Tree removal an pruning

Category tree service

Thank you for your positive review. We will share it with Ken and the staff. Regards, Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care

11/13/2019

Richard T.

Did not go well because the staff that arrived had no clue what to do ,and this was after I had a employee explain what had to be performed ,how it was to be done how much was to be pruned from certain trees etc,etc .They also over charged a ridiculous amount to cut a few branches from one of the trees .Another thing was that they failed to bring the supplies to complete a job of installing a tree support sling and did not have the courtesy to ever get back to me to say if they intended to complete this job .Would Never here again

Description of Work
Tree removal,pruning and install support sling

07/24/2019

linda K.

I was so impressed by the knowledge of the estimator. He was pleasant and advised us on so many different trees. Jonathan our contact came to the house for a 2nd time when we decided not to take a tree down but trim it instead. The day the work was preformed the crew and Jonathan did exactly what was expected even better then I would imagine. Worked neatly and asked if I liked the way it looked on every tree & shrub. I would refer Almstead Tree the results were beautiful and job well done without any a disappointments. Thank You Jonathan

Description of Work
Trees and Shrubs ( Japanese Maple ) trimmed

Category tree service

Thank you so much for your positive review. Jon and his crew will be delighted when we share it with them.

01/02/2019

Max D.

We were looking to remove a 50 inch diameter, +150 ft. tall read oak from our property and the majority of the companies we contacted told us that they couldn’t handle this job and the ones that were willing to do it were asking for an absurd amount of money. We found Almstead while they were doing another job in the neighborhood. After we called them, Erick visited us and besides giving us a reasonable quote, he also gave us some options that would had also addressed our problem. He was extremely polite, punctual and took time to explain the whole thing. The whole tree removal took three days. On the first day Erick showed up with the crew and after a few minutes of setting things up they start working on the tree. The tree was leaning towards the house (that’s why we decided to cut it down) which made the whole upper branches (larger as trees themselves) removal even trickier. I was most impressed with the level of skills displayed by the crew while cutting and taking down all the branches. After the stump was ground (on the third day) it is like the tree was never there! On the second day a few siding panels were damaged and the day after that happened Erick stopped by to assess the damage and start working on getting it fixed. The holidays were around the corner which made things a little bit more complicated but I have to say that every time we called him to follow up on this, he answered his phone and he was on top of this. I think this extra level of commitment is what drove me to write this review. We received a great service in the broadest sense of the word and in my opinion, that is very rare nowadays.

Description of Work
50 inch diameter, +150 ft. tall read oak removal

05/29/2018

William D.

Scheduled an appointment to have someone come to look at a tree and when I called to confirm the appointment they had no record of it. They apologized but there was little effort to honor the original appointment and there are simply too many tree service people A rated on Angie's list.

Description of Work
An appraisal of tree health

12/08/2016

Phil P.

They're real tree professionals. The workers were great. I feel like they're college trained tree cutters. They're a good company. They actually know about the healthof trees that's why I call them. They're real arborists.

09/16/2016

T K.

Ken came over, made a professional evaluation. Tree by tree he notated what needed to be done. He then gave me a rate for the entire day. Everything was covered under one charge. The day of, the men showed up on schedule, they removed all the vines from my house, the fences and gave ten or so trees a long overdue haircut. They even trimmed one of my neighbor's trees that had been growing over my driveway and onto the power lines. The were professional knowledgable and thorough. I was very pleased and would definitely use them again

Description of Work
The trees on my property had not been trimmed in 40 years. The Wisteria and other invasive vines, which had originated on my neighbors' property, had spread and was taking over everything . The vines were crawling up my house, my fences and strangling my trees. The place looked like something out of Sleeping Beauty (before the handsome prince made it all OK).

Category lawn service,tree service

Thank you for your kind words. We will pass on your review to Ken and the crew who worked on your property. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Griffin's Landscaping Corp

For over 20 years, Griffin’s Landscaping has been a leading presence in landscape design, construction and maintenance in New York. Serving Westchester, Putnam and Southern Duchess counties, we are experts in creating and maintaining exceptional outdoor environments designed to fit any lifestyle, budget and timeframe. Our commercial and residential services are all completed with the utmost care and expertise, and our employees are all highly trained and extremely knowledgeable in a variety of skills, including landscape design, masonry, commercial and residential maintenance, site work, fencing and tree and shrub care.

All American Tree Care

Please call us to schedule. Tree Services including: pruning, take down, storm repair/maintenance, all around care, stump grinding, stump removal, firewood, land clearing and lightning damage.

Owens Bros Tree Service Ltd

Family owned & operated. Started by the original Owens brothers of Robert, Peter and Dennis in 1959, when they were each only 19 & 21 years old, the Owens Bros. NYC Tree Company had humble beginnings with its’ only assets being a skilled crew of brothers with modest equipment and a true love of their craft. For many years, they worked with the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation as business-to-business contractors and then gradually over time, evolved into a more customer-oriented tree company serving the people of the community. They had discovered that there was a true need and demand for their skills and services for the unique challenges of tree pruning, tree trimming and tree removal in the Bronx and New York City area by the people, families and businesses that live here. They realized that their level of service was hard to find for dealing with the challenges of the city landscape. Since then, what the original Owens brothers started has become a strong force in the tree services industry in NYC, Bronx, Pelham, Riverdale, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Yonkers, Manhattan and the Lower Westchester area. As experts in their field and now using the finest tree service equipment and technology, the Owens Bros. continue to strengthen their ability and commitment to giving the highest quality services to every customer and every job. Contact by phone is preferable.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

Almstead offers comprehensive tree services including pruning and removal, tree risk assessment, inoculation and treatment for pests and diseases, stump grinding, tree planting, shrub pruning, compost tea application, custom fertilization, cabling and bracing and more. Almstead also offers lawn care including organic and traditional programs.

Lawn mowing