A & T Iron Works Inc.

Founded 1973 • With Angi since March 2012

25 Cliff Street

New Rochelle, NY 10801

Been in business since 1973. We except Visa and Mastercard. You can speak to us regarding payment plans. We also speak Spanish and Italian....

09/04/2019

william F.

never received quote

Description of Work
requested quote on iron railing

Category fencing, wrought iron

01/18/2018

Michael S.

I asked the person who said she was the owner, Gessie Tassone, to look at the wrought iron railing at my home. She sent someone who looked it over and never offered any solution, estimate or other assistance. I later found out that she was not the owner because the company had been going through financial and legal problems and was taken over by another person. Nothing was done.

Description of Work
Replacement or repair of wrought iron railing

12/22/2015

EUGENE T.

They were recommended by a neighbor who works in the construction industry. The installation looks good and I am happy with the quality. Communication was not as strong as I would have hoped. They were a little unpredictable. A woman in the office would call in the morning to let me know if the crew planned to be there that day. When I requested a particular date, they didn't show up and wound up coming 2 days later, which was less convenient for me. However, when the work was done I was happy with it. 5 or 6 mos. later some rust and blister spots have appeared.

Description of Work
Provided two black wrought iron hand rails for newly constructed front steps (5 steps plus platform on top). Also moved a gate in previously existing wrought iron fence.

Category fencing, masonry, welding, wrought iron, driveway gates

08/18/2015

Kathy B.

Description of Work
I called these folks for an estimate and spoke to a woman who took my name and number and information of what it was I wanted to have done. She told me they were busy but someone would get back to me soon. Didn't hear a thing, 3 weeks or more went by and out of the blue a number flashed on my phone with their number. Thinking it was the iron company I have hired I went to answer the call but no one was there. They had hung up. I realized it wasn't the company I hired but these people I had long forgotten about. 2 more weeks went by and their number came up again and they kept it ringing so I thought they'd leave a message. They did not. Very unprofessional, I guess it's just as well they never called back. I cannot recommend them

04/25/2015

A M.

I told A&T Ironworks the details of a stand we needed in order to install an outdoor memorial plaque and they fulfilled it perfectly. We even wanted the plaque to end up 2 feet off the ground and displayed at a 45 degree angle. Not only did they create the custom piece for us, they even matched the paint to the green wording on the plaque. When they heard it was for a teacher that had passed away, they gave us a discount from the original quote. The only issue was the office staff - they were slow to return calls and sometimes didn't. The guys that actually designed and built the stand were very professional. It was powder-coated to withstand the weather for many year to come. They normally make fences and gates, but were more than willing to make this custom piece for us with a quick 1 week turn-around. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed a custom wrought iron stand to display an outdoor memorial plaque. A&T Ironworks was given a description of the stand, dimensions needed and the application it would be used for.

06/08/2011

Rita R.

The railing was installed on June 7, 2010. This railing was supposed to have a rust proof finish which I paid extra for. Within a month or two after installation, one side of the railing was wobbling. They came to fix it, which entailing removing the railing, cutting the bottom of the support rails down, soldering it back together again, and resetting it back in the stairs. With a few months the rail they repaired, which is set in my bluestone step, started to rust on the rail and on the bluestone. I called on October 25, 2010 to report this, and a man came to look at it and said I would be contacted. By November 1st I had not received a call so I called the office and was told someone would call me back.........no return call was received. I called again on November 3rd and left another message..........no return call was received. I called on November 5th and spoke to West. He said he would have someone call me..........no one called back. I called on November 8th, and Stephanie said an appointment will be set up for someone to come take a look..........no one called back. I called on November 18th and spoke to Stephanie and she said she would talk to West regarding the status and call me back in the afternoon..........no one called back. I called again on November 19th and spoke to Jessie (owner) who said they would come to fix the problem after Thanksgiving and redo the job - including replacing the bluestone step - if needed.......... nobody came or called. The Fall and Winter passed when the weather was severe. I received no call to say when they would be coming, but I patiently waited until April 19, 2011 and made another call. I left a message to have Jessie call me..........no return call was received. I called again on April 20th and again asked Jessie to call me..........no return call was received. April 21st..........no return call was received. April 22nd..........no return call was received. April 25th..........no return call was received. April 26th.? I called again and spoke to Jessie. She said for me to call back at 3:00 PM to set up an appointment to have someone come to see how to fix the problem. I called and left a message again?.nobody called back or came. I called again on April 27th and left a message to have Jessie call me.........and, of course, NO CALL BACK WAS RECEIVED...... At this time - now June 8th 2011 - the other side of the railing is also rusting. Nothing was done to this side after original installation. I have been more than patient in this matter as you can see. Over a year has passed and the problem has not been resolved. BEWARE of dealing with this company. While each person I spoke with ? Mattette, Stephanie, West, Armando and Jessie ? were pleasant, the company apparently does not stand behind the work they do.

Description of Work
I needed a railing for the both sides of my front steps. I contacted A&T Iron Works in May 2010 because of their rating on Angie's List. They came to give an estimate quickly and manufactured and installed the railing on June 7, 2010.

11/29/2010

philip F.

Yery good - the job started a few weeks later than I thought it would. However, once they did get here, they did the job quickly (same day) and I am happy with it. The price was better than another place I got an estimate from.

Description of Work
Put up a wrought iron fence that I asked for

08/17/2010

Richard F.

Poorly

Description of Work
Never showed up to estimate job

07/19/2010

shang L.

I specifically asked them to tell me if them were not interested to tell me so. They did not and never called me despite several phone calls to tell me if they were interested or not. Not very good professionalism

Description of Work
called for estimate on iron handrails

04/21/2009

Paula L.

I found this company using Angies List and was glad I did. Using the yellow pages I tried contacting two companies about this job. One gave us a lower estimate verbally but then disappeared when I tried to get a written proposal. The other one was even less responsive. A third I never contacted because they lacked the county license. A & T was great to work with from start to finish. The men did a very careful job and spent a lot of time carefully touching up the new railings where needed

Description of Work
Installed about 29 feet of railing on a new flight of stairs.

07/12/2008

lewis V.

The owner Gessie came out with an estimator who took field measurements. They later gave me sketches showing me how they were going to install the iron works. She also helped us decide on styles of iron works to be performed by showing us pictures of her work on other jobs. The workers came as scheduled and neatly installed the shop made iron works giving it a final paint coat on site. The iron works resembles old time craftsmens work. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Company installed decorative detailed iron works at our home, including fencing, stair rails, gates and an arbor.

06/13/2007

VIOLET S.

They took off my railings and reattached them so they would be much more sturdy. The final price was great but it took some negotiation.

Description of Work
They repaired my stoop railings.

Freedom Fence

WE ONLY DO INVISIBLE/ELECTRIC FENCING -- Established in 1998, we are a licensed, insured, locally owned & operated business with a focus on customer service & satisfaction. We are licensed by the States of Connecticut and New York, where we also carry full liability insurance coverage. We have the latest technology offered in our industry and are the largest Freedom Fence dealer in the United States. We will always help train your dog, to get accustom to the fencing, to put your mind at ease. Our dog, Roxy, is loved by all of our customers. Free financing is available if you qualify and we offer discounts for Angie's List members (check out our coupon offer). Give us a call for all your invisible/electric fencing needs today!

Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

Rolling Stone Masonry Ltd

Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. in White Plains, New York, provides old world style custom stonework through our residential stone masonry services. We specialize in continuing the look and feel of classical older houses. Charlie Vaccaro established Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. in August 2005. Having grown up in a family of skilled construction laborers, Charlie knew that he could utilize his strong business sense in a practical way as a business owner. He began an apprenticeship in Canada in 2003 where he learned and later perfected his masonry skill. There is no one that appreciates the beauty of stonework more than this creative, artistic, and innovative businessperson does! Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. is knowledgeable and passionate about their service and their commitment to their customers is unsurpassed. Our honesty and integrity distinguish us from our competitors. Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. treats all of our clients with the respect and loyalty we feel they deserve. We handle all client inquiries and questions as if they are our own personal homework assignment. We cater to all your masonry needs including bluestone, limestone, natural stone, pavers, driveways, fireplaces, patios, staircases, walls, walkways, and all masonry repairs. We recycle our demo waste with licensed NY state recycling companies. Additional email - rollingstoneltd@optonline.net. Additional DBA - Rolling Stone Masonry.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A & T Iron Works Inc.

How is A & T Iron Works Inc. overall rated?

A & T Iron Works Inc. is currently rated 4 overall out of 5.

What days are A & T Iron Works Inc. open?

A & T Iron Works Inc. is open:

What payment options does A & T Iron Works Inc. provide

A & T Iron Works Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does A & T Iron Works Inc. offer free estimates?

No, A & T Iron Works Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does A & T Iron Works Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, A & T Iron Works Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does A & T Iron Works Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, A & T Iron Works Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by A & T Iron Works Inc.?

Yes, A & T Iron Works Inc. offers warranties.

What services does A & T Iron Works Inc. offer?

A & T Iron Works Inc. offers the following services: Ornamental and decorative metals, artistic, miscellaneous Iron Works. We specialize in sandblasting, finished painting and metalizing (thermal spray) of all types of steel including patio furniture, railings, gates, hand railings, pipe railings, tree guards, window guards, enclosures, and bollards. We can design and build decks and miscellaneous iron, including, columns, beams, angles and plates.