A & D Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1950 • With Angi since February 2006

80 Aberfoyle Rd

New Rochelle, NY 10804

A & D roofing company is a family owned and operated company that has proudly served the lower westchester area since 1950. Our goal is simple...to provide the very best roofing service and materials in the most professional way at a fair price. we pride ourselves on repeat customers and referrals.

12/22/2014

Sheldon G.

Cleaned out gutters. I had to write some number above so I did. That was their approximate estimate. I have a small house. I expect would cost more for a large house with long gutters high off the ground. A and D did my roof. Were priced very reasonable and did a great job and fast. Roof sold comes with 30 year warranty. In a storm some shingles came off side of my house- this was not something they had touched. I asked them to come by to nail back in place they did gladly. I just called them to clean my gutters. I have not yet received the bill, but whatever it is I am fine with it. Tom and his wife Mary are nice people and pricing is always fair.

Description of Work
1) Did a new roof. 2) Helped with a small problem, that was not related to their work. 3) Cleaned gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

12/18/2014

John L.

06/16/2014

Robert M.

Decided not to use at time of estimate for the same reasons above.

Description of Work
Did not use. They took several days to return my call for an estimate. The day of the appointment they didn't show until I called them to find out where they were. Person giving estimate did not even introduce himself then took phone calls while I was still talking to him.

02/18/2013

Ivan V.

The work was completed within a day.

Description of Work
Nice work.

11/20/2012

Therese C.

Called for an estimate and left message; never heard back from them.

Description of Work
I phoned the office and left a message to get back to me to come by for an estimate; never heard from them.

A&D Roofing Company makes every effort to serve our customers, however , following hurricane Sandy and the loss of power and phone service at our office for 13 days... we were still able to help over one hundred families with storm damage. It is unfortunate that the member was not one of the families to get service. we are a mid-sized roofing company, and have limited resources during storms. Perhaps with a little patience, understanding and an extra call, she could serviced next time.

03/13/2012

Michael M.

They were excellent and I would rate them highly. It was a fair price. It really came out fantastic. They did a first class job and I am very happy with it. He responded to me right away, talked to me, and he gave me a great price; it was far better than anybody else's'. The work was outstanding.

Description of Work
I have used A & D Roofing Co., Inc. for a specialty roofing work. I had a slate roof and they replaced it at my request with a synthetic slate. They also did the leave areas, the downspouts, and gutters.

11/03/2011

Anthony R.

I decided to select another contractor due to lack of responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism.

Description of Work
I called on October 21st to arrange for repair estimate to my home's slate roof. An appointment was made for Wednesday, Oct. 26th between 8:30-9:00 a.m. No one came or called. I contacted office and was told there was a "mix-up." Appointment was re-cheduled for Friday, Oct. 28th between 9:00-10:00 a.m. Thomas Antonioli arrived during the time frame. I explained what I wanted to have done. He said he would provide estimate. He asked for my e-mail. I asked him if I agreed to estimate when would work begin. He stated, ' Wednesday or Thursday.' On Oct. 31st I sent him an e-mail inquiring about estimate. I received no reply by Nov.3rd. I contacted company because they claimed to specialize in slate roof repairs . However , their attitude of non communication has induced me to go with another contractor.

10/25/2011

Sheldon G.

This was a bit of a saga. An engineer found evidence the roof was in poor shape (a sixty year old, slate roof) and suggested I needed a roofer to examine it. The first roofer who came out provided a price that was exorbitant, even for a shingle roof. That turned into my getting two other quotes. Roofing was the only work done on the house in which the difference in prices was so great. Clearly, the first roofer was out of line- the second roofer and A and D Roofing gave pretty similar quotes. But I used A and D because my broker knew he had done work for someone locally who had used him for more than one home. All 3 roofers told me the roof was leaking. But as the price I would pay for the house would vary based upon whether there was damage inside the attic, I needed the roofer to inspect the inside of the attic. (My family knows someone who got a quote for a roof and accepted the quote. But when the old roof came off was told the price would increase significantly because many wood beams in the attic were water-damaged and needed to be replaced). The attic of my house is difficult to access. No problem. Tom bent down and one of his workers climbed up his back and into the attic! I was told there were a few white lines- which represent calcium from water that has leaked through the roof- but no damage to the attic or wood in the attic. So, I knew I would have no surprises once the old roof came off. After the fact I noticed that some shingles appeared not to be laying flat in one small area of the roof. Tom, the owner, explained why flashing can cause that to happen in certain areas, and in fact it was exactly in those areas where it happened. Still, he sent a worker up to the roof to work further on this area so that the shingles would lay closer to perfectly flat and be aesthetically pleasing. Tom showed me pamphlets that had colors of shingles and explained the differences. He did not try to sell me something more expensive than I needed. In fact, the shingles I decided upon were on the lower side in terms of cost. Finally, I should point out that A and D's quote was the only one that stated that all nailing would be done by hand- no machine nailing. Tom explained why machine nailing can be a problem when a roof is replaced (though it can be fine on new construction). I was completely satisfied with the job done by A and D roofing.

Description of Work
Old slate roof removed, replaced with new asphalt roof, flashing, some work around chimney, new gutters (but not leaders). I was not on site when the work was done, but I would estimate it took four days (it is a small roof). They were very responsive. Tom, the owner, is a pleasure to deal with.

10/06/2011

Rebeccah P.

I contacted this company at the recommendation of a colleague, made an appointment for and estimate but they never come. When they didn't show up i called 5 times each time getting their service but with no callback until almost 6pm that evening. When i was told that they had come the day before when i wasn't home and knew what I needed/wanted and would send me an estimate. i asked them to come back when i was home to discuss the job with me. He told me he knew what to do and didn't need to talk to me about it but would come back if i wanted. Although he seemed agreeable on the phone he never came back, and never sent the promised estimate. When i followed up about 10 days later he told me "you are a small job and i didn't take you seriously" but he would get right on it and send me the estimate and come talk to me. Well 10 more days passed and still no estimate or call. And my roof is still leaking. This guy is a jerk. He is a liar and unprofessional. I wouldn't hire anyone who wont talk to me about any work that needs to be done and cant believe that there are contractors out there in business that think they can get away with doing work without discussing it thoroughly with the home owner before the work begins. i hope he goes out of business.

Description of Work
My roof has leaked since the hurricane a the end of August. I contact this contractor for an estimate and then the trouble began.

as we all know....the customer always has the rite to hire whomever they like, to choose one contractor or another. the contractor has the exact same rite. we can work for whomever we feel we can ultimately satisfy with the job we do for a fair price. if after speaking to me, and your not comfortable with me, and confident in my ability as a roofing contractor....don't hire me! but at the same time, if i speak to a perspective client, and i feel that no matter what i do for them, they would never be satisfied.....i dont work for them! the truth of the matter is: this person called, made an appointment, and was not home at the agreed time. my salesman put up a ladder anyway and inspected the roof. when he was done he left our business card in the mailbox. this person called that night and insisted she was home. perhaps she was. you could possibly not hear a doorbell, but certainly not a ladder against the house. anyway, she went on to tell me about another contractor and what he said. she wanted me to write her a report to rebut what the other guy said. that's not what i do. when i refused, she got irate. she continued to call and insist we send a proposal. i just continue to ignore. A&D ROOFING CO., HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 62 YRS......FOR A REASON. WE PROVIDE QUALITY WORK AT A FAIR PRICE

09/10/2011

EDWARD K.

Tom and his team did an outstanding job replacing our gutters, They not only were very professional, they worked very clean and did the job for a reasonable cost. I will definately use them again.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

08/10/2011

Jochen A.

.I had a very hard time scheduling appointment. It got repeatedly postponed. When they actually decided to come out and do the work, it went okay. I will not refer them to anyone. They need to improve their communication methods. Once they came they were punctual. On the day they were here they were professional. But the fact that I had to wait for I don't know for how many weeks and make so many phone calls where the work got repeatedly postponed is unprofessional. I will not use them again.

Description of Work
. I had A & D ROOFING CO., INC to replace some gutter pipes.

07/05/2011

Harold S.

Great expereince from the initial estimate. Sent me a bill after work was completed. I have used this company for the past 6 years and have repaired a flat roof, missing slate tiles, leaking roof.

Description of Work
Replaced a gutter, pointed chimney and caulking around 2 windows.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

06/13/2010

Fred M.

They came first thing in the morning and worked continuously through the day, completely removing the old gutters and extruding the new seamless gutters and installing them. They cleaned up completely, hauling away all the trash. The workers were both professional and skilled. I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the gutters and downspouts all around the house. I got an estimate from Tom and decided to go ahead with the work.

05/28/2010

Fred M.

They arrived on time and started work immediate. They did the tear off, putting all debris on a tarp, protecting the ground and the lawn. The also removed all existing nails from the wood. Then they proceeded to nail the base material on the roof, using many more nails than the previous roof had, and then put the roofing material on, and the aluminum> edge trim, tarring it in place. They cleaned up everything when they completed the work, and then showed me the entire job explaining what they did. I would use them again for any of my roofing needed. In fact, I am requesting that they do the gutter replacement that I need (for which I will submit a report when that work is complete).

Description of Work
The roof covering on my shed/carport was partially destroyed during a rain storm. The old material needed to be pulled off and a new covering needed to be installed. Two rows of shingles where the shed connects to the main garage also needed to be replaced.

04/27/2010

Peter R.

It went very smoothly. Although we were not told which day the workers were coming we were home when they arrived. They were polite, reviewed what was to be done, did the work and cleaned up afterward.

Description of Work
Repaired roof, gutter and downspout damaged by a tree which fell in the storm. The roof was on a small storage room at the rear of my house. They took off the old shingles, installed a weather barrier and installed new shingles. They replaced the gutter which had been torn off and replaced the downspout which was damaged.

08/13/2008

William T.

Owner came by for an estimate. Indicated that it was a small job and that there was going to have to be a minimum payment to make it worth his while, added cleaning of gutters to make it worth my while. Repair and cleaning done a couple of days later to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Repaired a detached leader and cleaned gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

09/18/2007

russ M.

They were referred to me by my neighbors. Their prices were not the cheapest, although they were not the most expensive either. The work was done fast with quality workmanship.

Description of Work
They ripped off and replaced my entire roof. They replaced the plywood and the shingles. They also installed all new gutters and copper flashing around my chimney.

02/28/2006

Janet S.

WE DID NOT LIKE THE COST. WE THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY PRICEY. WE THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE A LITTLE UNRESPONSIVE BECAUSE IT WAS HARD TO GET A HOLD OF THEM AFTER WE GOT A QUOTE. I THINK THE CLEANLINESS OF THE JOB WAS PRETTY DIRTY. THERE WAS STUFF LEFT IN THE YARD AFTER THEY LEFT, AND WE HAD TO CLEAN SOME STUFF UP AFTERWARDS.

Description of Work
THEY PUT ANOTHER LAYER OF SHINGLES ON TOP OF THE LAST LAYER.

02/21/2006

THEY WERE EXCELLENT. WE'VE USED THEM BEFORE. THEY HAVE PUT GUTTERS ON OUR HOUSE, AND THEN WE LOST SOME SIDING IN A STORM A FEW YEARS AGO. THEY REPLACED THAT FOR US. YOU CAN'T FIND A NICER GROUP OF PEOPLE. THEY ARE WONDERFUL. IT'S A FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS.

Description of Work
THERE WAS WATER COMING IN AROUND THE CHIMNEY, AND SOME OF THE CHIMNEY HAD TO REPAIRED. THEY DID FLASHING, AND THEY HAD TO DO SOME CEMENT AND SHINGLE WORK.

Category chimney repair

02/10/2006

CATHERINE C.

THE PEOPLE WERE VERY NICE. THEY GAVE ME THEIR HOME PHONE NUMBER. AFTER THEY RE-ROOFED IT, WE HAD A SNOWFALL. THEY HAD NOT FINISHED PICKING UP THE DEBRIS WHEN THE SNOW CAME. THEY CAME BACK A MONTH LATER WHEN WE COMPLAINED.

Description of Work
THEY RE-ROOFED THE WHOLE HOUSE.

02/06/2006

WE ARE SATISFIED. THE ROOF IS JUST GORGEOUS. THEY DID SUPERB WORK. IT'S A FAMILY OWNED COMPANY, AND THEY WERE METICULOUS. THEY WERE REAL CRAFTSMEN. THE PRICE WAS GOOD. WE GOT ESTIMATES WITH OTHER PLACES, AND THEY WERE IN LINE WITH OTHER ESTIMATES. THEIR ESTIMATES WERE THE SAME, BUT WE FELT THEY HAD MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ANY OTHER COMPANY SO WE WENT WITH THEM.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED THE ROOF AND THE GUTTER SYSTEM.

Rolling Stone Masonry Ltd

Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. in White Plains, New York, provides old world style custom stonework through our residential stone masonry services. We specialize in continuing the look and feel of classical older houses. Charlie Vaccaro established Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. in August 2005. Having grown up in a family of skilled construction laborers, Charlie knew that he could utilize his strong business sense in a practical way as a business owner. He began an apprenticeship in Canada in 2003 where he learned and later perfected his masonry skill. There is no one that appreciates the beauty of stonework more than this creative, artistic, and innovative businessperson does! Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. is knowledgeable and passionate about their service and their commitment to their customers is unsurpassed. Our honesty and integrity distinguish us from our competitors. Rolling Stone Masonry, Ltd. treats all of our clients with the respect and loyalty we feel they deserve. We handle all client inquiries and questions as if they are our own personal homework assignment. We cater to all your masonry needs including bluestone, limestone, natural stone, pavers, driveways, fireplaces, patios, staircases, walls, walkways, and all masonry repairs. We recycle our demo waste with licensed NY state recycling companies. Additional email - rollingstoneltd@optonline.net. Additional DBA - Rolling Stone Masonry.

BOWERMAN CLEANING & RESTORATION

Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration is owned and operated by Michael Bowerman. After earning his MBA from Iona College, his vision of expanding the business his father started over 45 years ago became a reality. Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration started as a carpet and upholstery cleaning business and grew into a full service, disaster restoration company that specializes in fire, water, mold and all other weather-related damages. We only use the most modern, state-of-the-art equipment and our technicians are experts in their field. Whenever possible we use eco-friendly products and we always utilize cost effective solutions. At Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration we believe in maintaining our core business values: Customer Satisfaction, Quality Work, and Integrity, all while getting your home or business back to per-loss condition. We stand behind our name and our work.

Offers Coupon

Westchester Seal & Repair

When you call Westchester Seal & Repair in White Plains, New York you are calling the professionals. Our family has been in the asphalt business for over 70 years and we know it better than most. Our unique coal tar emulsion sealcoat formulation, combined with our years of experience, means your driveway will be sealed right the first time with a high quality, long lasting asphalt sealer.

Check, PayPal, Financing Available

New roofs, slate roof repair, copperwork, flat roofs, rubber roofs, composite slate roofs, seamless gutters and leaders, gutter cleaning service, roof maintenance, skylights, replacement windows, serving lower westchester, for three generations, since 1950.

WE SERVICE: Lower Westchester County, Riverdale NY , Greenwich CT Area