Boccia Inc

Founded 1955 • With Angi since May 2007

168 Broadway

New Hyde Park, NY 11040

Additional DBAs - Boccia Waterproofing & Masonry Specialists, Boccia Inc., Award winning....

05/29/2019

Miguel B.

Their website advertises, among other things: • Beam repair or replacement – Main house girders assessed and restored or replaced as needed • Column repair or replacement – New concrete block or steel post columns installed on concrete footings This is exactly the work I needed done but they told me they "weren't interested" in that job. Giving them a D only because at least they were honest that they weren't interested.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote

Category foundation repair

10/01/2015

BRENDA S.

The workers arrived on time, were professional and clean. Job was finished in a few days. They did excellent work and the project was well done. I'd recommend them highly and plan on using for additional work down the road.

Description of Work
They repaired and matched mortar to our front brick steps. Also they removed existing back brick/stone steps that were pitched incorrectly and put it back together well and even painted the hand rails.

08/12/2015

Justin G.

Boccia is extremely respectful, thoughtful and master craftsmen. The care they took into making sure that we were satisfied, even if it meant performing some small additions at no cost, just because it was the right way to do the job demonstrates the history and commitment to satisfied customers. WE interviewed all the top players in these two arenas; Boccia actually won on all accounts; professionalism, timing, understanding, etc. I am a perfectionist so beware of me, and i was very clear, and quite frankly concerned about the job. Concerned that wife and I would be happy. The finished product is so close to perfect, the functionality is perfect at this point, the visual is near perfect, and the experience was a 10/10. From the project manager, to the workers, to the estimator, to the owner checking in every few days to make sure we're happy and all is going well. They treat their customers how I treat my customers, and not many companies do. If i had to rate the overall work/expeerience i would give them a 9.7/10 and I would recommend them in a heartbeat, passionately! I will need more masonry work in the future (who doesn't) and some basement waterproofing solutions and I would not think twice about using them. There was another company we were thinking of using, and could not be happier that we gave Boccia our money. Richard, Adam, Stephanie, all great people. Great experience.

Description of Work
install driveway zipper drain, underground irrigation to 100' away, redo existing bluestone patio, install bluestone stoop with brick risers, fix trim around sliding door

Category masonry,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,hardscaping

01/28/2015

MYRON W C.

They have very good ideas. I had a problem with something he did earlier, putting a furnace in my bedroom.

Description of Work
They did a diversion of surface water from my property by making a very large dry well.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,wells

11/19/2014

Mark M.

I made an appointment to speak with Vinny Boccia about waterproofing my basement. He showed up on time, checked out my basement, and then described some choices available to keep my basement dry. I should point out that Boccia was recommended to me by a contractor (thanks Mike Callahan Construction) that is known for their excellent quality and prompt work. After going over all the material we set a date to begin the job. Vinny pointed out that when the job was completed the floor would be about 3and quot; higher that it originally was. Considering everything stored in the basement was already on skids which were on cement blocks I really was not losing any room at all. I still would have about 6 1/2 feet of headroom after the new floor. I needed to remove just about everything from the basement but naturally there were a number of items that could not be removed. The first day the crew and I moved the washer, dryer, various large tools and large pieces of antique furniture (waiting to be restored) to one side of the basement. Then Lopez, an amazing individual and his fellow workers began the prep work sealing cracks in the walls and preparing the three separate crawl spaces which were along three of the four sides of the basement. These crawl spaces had what was called a rat floor (basically a thin layer of concrete floor to prevent animals from coming in. These floors were in terrible shape and needed to be re-done. After the prep work was completed, the first of the crawl spaces (10x12) was ready for a new floor. Five gallon buckets were filled with concrete and passed through the basement window until Lopez finally had finished the crawl space. Then they moved onto the second space and did the same. The floors were left to dry overnight and the following day we moved washer, dryer and other stuff to the crawl space. Then the main floor of the basement was covered with the first part of the waterproofing process. Boccia uses a heavy plastic membrane that is similar to an egg crate. These and quot;egg crate spacesand quot; are about 2and quot; on center and allow water to flow around them. The membrane is about three feet wide and on a large roll. It is fastened to the existing floor in a continuous piece from wall to wall. The process is repeated until the entire floor is covered with the exception of two 30 inch holes in opposite corners which accept basins to hold electric and battery backup pumps. A 4and quot; baseboard surrounds the room and it's ready for concrete. A truck pumps the material into the basement where it is floated and left to dry. Finally the items from the crawl space are returned to the main floor, the pumps installed and tested and the area cleaned one final time. I have over completely simplified the process and description of the work performed by this talented group of men. I cannot accurately describe all the work they did but can tell you I am absolutely please with their performance. I have nothing but praise for Boccia and their talented crew.

Description of Work
Waterproof the basement on 80 year old house located less than one block for the Great South Bay

11/13/2014

Sean A.

Boccia was very nice and punctual, the work was professional and the system has been working for over 10years! now.

Description of Work
French drain system

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

10/30/2014

Michelle C.

Hired a handyman instead to bring dirt to spread and grade away from sides of house. (Only $200.) Solved problem for now.

Description of Work
Estimate for basement rainwater seepage. Recommended French Drain on basement interior. Ended up not needing this extensive $4,000 job. (See next field.)

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

06/17/2014

Gordon A.

Decided nto to use them at this time, but would consider them and recommend them.

Description of Work
Gave me a professional estimate, very business-like, a little overly professional.

06/10/2014

Michael D.

The workers were on time and professional, very clean. There was an issue with the product being damaged prior to install. I had spoken with one of the owners who was able to rectify the situation, and the install was completed with satisfaction.

Description of Work
installed an egress window in basement

02/12/2014

Peter R.

Workers were great and cleaned up everything. The owner was attentive and fair.

Description of Work
French drain and Egress Window.

Category drain pipe

Obed Juarez Painting Service

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Barrera Innovate Construction Inc

We take great pride in our 15 years of experience, expertise, quality and customer service that we provide to meet the consumer's needs. It is our mission to provide excellent customer service from start to completion of a project. To understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a personal and professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety and quality, regardless of how large or small the job. Give us a call today!

ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Residential & commercial, basement waterproofing, mold remediation, mold removal, waterproofing, masonry, engineering, patented hollow kick molding, basement emergency escape windows, glass block basement windows, dehumidifier,drainage systems, sump pumps, brick, stone, stucco, concrete, building facade, parking garage, balcony restoration