A & J Reliable Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since January 2006

50 2nd Ave

Nanuet, NY 10954

People are A & J Reliable’s strength. We have some of the best and experienced roofing specialists in New York and the tri-state area. From the design phase to the installation phase, all of our team members work together in a spirit of collaboration to tackle all the challenges of your

05/29/2020

Gardiner C.

The work looks beautiful. Also the work took the exact amount of time that they said it would (one day)

Description of Work
Soffits and fascia were replaced under the eves of the home

Category roofing, skylights

05/22/2019

Samantha B.

It went great! They showed up on time, cleaned all the gunk out of my gutters and washed off all the mold and mildew off my roof! I would highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Roof cleaning, gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

03/19/2018

Melissa K.

Bill & team were great . Very responsive to all my questions - and the house looks great!

Description of Work
Full House copper gutters with leaf guards

11/02/2017

Jay R.

They came back and honored a warranty from 2003. I had no problems for 12 years, so when I had a leak they came out the next day and fixed it. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Roofing Service

10/13/2017

Stephen G.

I got several estimates and they were all in the same ball park. In fact, I didn't chose some of the lower estimates, I went with them because of their customers recommendations. I was very satisfied, and I recommended them to 2 other homeowners in my area to replace their roof.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof.

07/22/2017

Teri C.

Arrived as promised. Unable to be home while work was being performed. Kept us updated by phone. Very neat. Work completed in 2 days. Returned to fix a mix up in gutters. Would definitely recommend

Description of Work
Roof, gutters

07/11/2017

Mary M.

They were professional and worked quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
New Gutters

05/03/2017

KAREN H.

Wonderfully! The estimator arrived as promised and provided his estimate before leaving- great! I called to confirm a go ahead to his cell . I did not get a call back, so I called the main number to confirm. Confirmation of work, contract signed and scanned back. I did not receive a schedule of work date SO, (based on another Angie's review) I called A&J and happily found out I WAS scheduled already. Work team arrived promptly. Performed job and did an excellent cleanup, as well! Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Repair gutter along rear of home and replace part of soffit.

12/27/2016

Mark A.

very well. Professional and stuck to their word.

Description of Work
replaced roof and installed gutter toppers

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair, skylights

12/23/2016

Sandra L.

Great! Third year we have used their services! Came on time and did a great job of cleaning our house gutters. Overcast weather with slight showers did not stop them from doing a great job. Last year we had our large LR window washed also. Weather did not permit it this year but we won't hesitate to call them back in the Spring!

Description of Work
Third year cleaning our gutters

11/03/2016

Katherine S.

The installers were very professional and did the job without issue. They communicated what they repaired and even fixed an additional soffit on a different part of the roof they noticed was damaged. What I'm not satisfied with is the communication from the original sales consultant who came out to give me the quote. After calling him back to let him know I wanted to move forward, he never confirmed a date and time for when the installers were coming. I left him several voice messages but he never bothered to call back. I finally called the company's main number and got an answer but because of that sales consultant's unresponsiveness, my rating reflects the lack of customer service there. If that was not his job to schedule the installation, then he could have at least called to let me know as such so I wasn't left hanging. I also thought the sales consultant overestimated the price of the repair. He said it was a labor-intensive job because the gutters needed to be removed first, but the installers said they didn't need to do any of that so I probably paid a couple hundred bucks more than I should have.

Description of Work
Repaired soffit damaged by a raccoon

10/31/2016

David G.

Arrived on time. Roof looks almost like new. Beware that plants/grass by gutter downspouts were harmed by the moss cleaning treatment.

Description of Work
Cleaned moss from roof

Category roof cleaning

10/28/2016

Kathleen P.

I chose this company for 2 reasons. The company does not sub out their work and the lead workers are certified to install the roofing product I used. Charlie, the company representative was timely in giving a thorough an evaluation of the problem, intervention and the cost involved. The project started and ended on time. The team of 4 workers led by Wilson were through and responsive to all the questions that I had. Each day, Wilson took photos of the roof to update me on the job's progress. At one point, a small section of the slanted roof seemed to be wrinkled. Wilson agreed with me and spent several hours redoing this section. Due to confined space, Wilson and his team had to hand carry more than a full dump truck load of debris out of the work area. They left the area cleaner than when they started. I gave the B for punctuality in that Charlie had set up a meeting with me for the final inspection review and canceled on me. I had to call him and he indicated he was unable to make it until several days later. He reviewed the project with a family member but since he knew I lived out of town, I would have have liked to have completed this final phase of the project directly with him. Overall, this was a minor mishap. Lastly, a few pieces of wood need to be replaced and Charlie indicated this was budgeted into the price. The original estimate is the amount I paid - no surprises! I definitely would recommend this company to replace your roof!

Description of Work
I had a flat type roof replaced as well as a slanted front entry porch roof.

10/21/2016

Janice S.

Excellent. The workers replaced the fascia and gutter in the rear and reattached and realigned the front gutter, cleaned up and removed the debris. I will use A & J Reliable to remove any future ice dams to prevent damage. High recommendations.

Description of Work
The gutters and rear fascia were damaged due to ice dam formation from previous winters. The rear gutter had been replaced but water continued to pour out behind the gutter. Reps from several other companies assessed (or guessed at) the damage from the ground and sent estimates that were contingent on what was found once the job was started. A & J Reliable sent a very professional rep who inspected the gutters using a ladder. The company sent a well-detailed and reasonable cost estimate.

09/19/2016

Adair G.

Great, I think. I didn't look in the gutters.

Description of Work
clean gutters

07/20/2016

T K.

It went splendidly. They came out and gave me an estimate. I was worried because I had received an estimate from another company who had told me that I also might need a new roof. Since I did not believe that this was true, I was really counting on A & J Reliable to give me an honest estimate for my gutters and review of my roof, both of which they did. They then sent me a brochure in the mail with the prices for the job I had been quoted and color pictures and descriptions of all my topper options. Once I scheduled the job, they even stopped by my house to personally check on the color of my roof so the toppers would match. The crew that installed was great too. The men were courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. Last but not least, A & J gave a transferrable, lifetime warranty on the gutter toppers. Overall, A & J Reliable made my first gutter installation a great one! Thank you A & J!

Description of Work
New gutters and gutter toppers

07/17/2016

Brian R.

The rep came and did a walk around of the house and gave me an estimate for cleaning the gutters as well as an estimate for some repairs as an additional option. He was not pushy about selling me anything extra. The crew came back a few days later and had the job done in about an hour and cleaned everything up before they left.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

07/16/2016

Brian R.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

07/02/2016

Richard L.

Charlie was punctual and efficient and was the only estimator who brought a ladder and took the time to thoroughly inspect the job and consult on colors, textures, etc. One of the features of their work was the expectation that they would complete the job in one day and use a truck to remove the old material rather than a dumpster. The crew arrived on schedule and worked hard well into the evening but in the end the job was completed in one day and done well. The roofing, flashing, siding repair, all were done well and overall the job turned out very nice.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing, repaired underlayment, replaced gutters, repaired chimney

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/01/2016

Joseph R.

I really enjoyed my experience with A&J (Wendell). They were always early, they worked quickly and they left my house, driveway and yard clean. Also, they looked out for areas that were not necessarily roof where they could improve the aesthetic while up there. They replaced my roof, my skylights, and gutters. They finished in a day and a half and then walked me through their work which looked beautiful. They did not gouge me on plywood, or other items, that can be where you really get rung up with this work. I trust them and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Wendell and team replaced my roof, skylights and gutters

04/21/2016

Sandra H.

Two installers arrived earlier than the appointed time and were finished in a few hours. Measurements were taken and the seamless gutters were extruded using machinery they had on their truck. One worker made the gutters and attachments. Both were involved in installing the gutters and downspouts. They were polite, pleasant, professional and totally focused on the job. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Estimator provided on site estimate within one day of my initial phone contact. When asked, agreed to factor in the 5% senior discount. Was given the option to pay by cash, check or credit card when they bill me after the work completed. Installers arrived the next day and removed existing gutters and replaced them with leaf-free, wider gutters. Installers removed all debris/old gutters and left my property clean.

04/15/2016

Donald S.

After searching Angie's List for contractors who do roof cleaning I contacted A&J and Flying Colors Roofing. Initial phone call for estimate was followed up the next day by Mark Barak who provided the quote on the spot. I told him I was waiting for another estimate that I had called and left a message with Flying Colors Roofing & Painting on 3/29 and would let him know once I had both estimates. Well, Flying Colors did not, and still has not, returned my call; so the business went to A&J. I refuse to chase down businesses who do not respond to estimate requests in a timely manner. A&J called on Thursday 4/8 that they would be doing the work on 4/9 and that we did not need to be home, just have outside water turned on. They arrived promptly. Their three man crew were polite and efficient. Care was taken to hose down the house and plantings, buckets were placed at the downspouts to catch any runoff. One sprayed while another used a brush to ensure that the algaecide and soap was worked well into the asphalt shingles. The third man was on ground water duty and worked his tail off making sure all surfaces were hosed down. They were done in a little over an hour for a two story 4,000+ sq, foot house roof with attached garage. After they were done the foreman explained what to expect from the treatment and they were on their way to the next job; leaving no trace that they were ever there. It rained that weekend and the next Monday the roof looked like the before and after pictures from their brochure; even to the color of the roof shingles. No black algae streaks and no lichens! The house was painted last Fall and at the time we noted that it now made the roof look bad! Not any more. The roof is 20 years old and we were considering a new one this year. Now it's clear that we really don't need a new roof as it now looks as good as it performs. One side effect of this project is that I now notice all the roofs that are algae stained as I drive around. LOTS of people could use A&J's services! Highly recommend A&J.

Description of Work
Cleaned roof of algae and lichen.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

03/14/2016

Richard F.

On time, professional, and reasonably priced. They were ready as soon as I could get them working. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install entire new flat "Flex" roof system with interior drains.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

02/23/2016

Joy L.

We had a home humidifier recently installed and the water runs off the roof. During a big snow storm/long freeze, an ice dam forms. Since I am a new homeowner, and since my roof is new and we don't have any leaking, I was unsure what I needed. I was worried that the roof was going to leak. The man who answered the phone at A&J was so helpful! He asked intelligent questions to get all the information. Even though I was in a prime position to be sold pretty much anything, he didn't take advantage of the situation. Instead, he suggested 2 alternatives that didn't require his company's services at all. I was very impressed at his thoughtful ideas. If I DO have issues in the future, I will definitely call them again!

Description of Work
I called about an ice dam that forms on my roof when it snows and freezes.

Category roofing, roof snow removal, snow removal, roof cleaning

11/16/2015

SALLY B.

They were very good! They did a great job and worked very hard. They got it done in one day! I don't have any complaints!

Description of Work
Installed completely new gutters for the whole house.

Category gutter repair

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad you had a positive experience....keep us in mind for any future work, especially if we have a bad winter again. We offer snow and ice removal from the roof. Have a great New Year!