Awnings Unlimited NY

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2009

We are manufacturers and Installers of Awnings, Canopies,Pergola Systems, European Retractable Awnings & Awning Recover and Repair Service. We have over 20 Years of Experience in the Awning Industry giving you the best value while using the highest quality products and craftsmanship at an affordable price. We are Licensed, Bonded & Insured DCA# 1419157....

Custom Hanging Canopy

+2 more images

awnings (40)Patios (1)decks & porches (1)

10/28/2019

Dezna S.

They were great, price and service was great, everything was good. I was very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Awnings Installation

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

05/27/2017

m H.

Good transaction. Called, spoke to Chris. Set an appointment for the next day for him to take a look, measure and make a sales pitch. Chris came on time. He was prepared, professional and thorough. Closed the deal then and Chris told us that installation would be in two, to three weeks. Called four days short of three weeks to set appt. for install and was able to do it that day. Install was fast and thorough, Awning is beautiful. We have had a few big wind days and some torrential rain an the awning has performed perfectly and our house looks beautiful. I did not rate Awnings Unlimited on price. We did not shop around, but, regardless I feel we got a good deal

Description of Work
Needed a new front awning for our house.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

05/09/2017

Kay S.

Great job. Very responsive and really bent over backwards to accommodate our scheduling needs. Fair price. Installers were very pleasant and worked quickly and carefully. Would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace deteriorated fabric on existing terrace awning.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

01/13/2017

Sean B.

The gentleman’s name was Chris. He did the initial estimate and some other people came out and did the actual work. The day they came out it was raining, so they had to come back the next day. It actually took two days, if really should have taken one, but the weather. They did a good job cleaning up the area.

Description of Work
They put an awning up.

Work Completed On 10/30/2016

12/20/2016

Angela F.

This was the good company. They were fine. I don't have any complaints. They did a good job, they were fine. They came when they said they would come. They did a good job, and they were responsive I would say. They responded to my calls. They were helpful. It was a little bit on the expensive side.

Description of Work
They changed to motor on my awning.

Work Completed On 07/07/2016

11/16/2016

Kim F.

The first install was done poorly and soddering was sloppy. To their credit when i pointed it out they did come back and clean it up and fixed it. They also took down and stored the awnings over the winter and came back in the Spring to reinstall which worked great. Price was a little high though. When I contacted them to schedule a date for them to take down the awnings for the winter they did not return my call. Nor my 3-4 texts/emails. So I have moved on to another storage facility. I found it very unprofessional that they did not even have the courtesy to respond to any of my messages

Description of Work
Had two awnings fabricated and installed. And also wrapped and stored for winter season. to .

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

10/24/2016

Romy K.

Punctual, patient and very responsive.

Description of Work
Replaced an old awning

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

01/31/2016

Kathryn W.

I had no idea awnings were so complex and varied, but Chris made it a lot easier: guided me to right size and fabric, provided different options with no sales pressure. Genuinely nice guy and very good at what he does. Work was done professionally and with no delays. Recommend him to anyone looking for help in the awning arena!

Description of Work
Helped me decide what kind and size of awning to put over my back stairs.

Work Completed On 01/11/2016

10/31/2015

Marla P.

Chris was very professional, dependable and even installed it earlier than anticipated. He spent the time with us giving us all the options for an area that was not your typical install. Would highly recommend Chris if you are looking for an awning.

Description of Work
Chris installed a retractable awning for us that we just love and wish we would have done sooner.

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

07/20/2015

Forrest M.

This service provider never contacted customer and was matched for a SnapFix case on June the 13th failed to ever respond to customer

Work Completed On 06/13/2015

We did not go up to Buchanan NY because we do not work so far away from our location. There is no reason for an F we are under no obligation to drive so far out of our area so the "F" is for too Far. Sorry you felt that way we do good work just not so far away.

06/01/2015

SUSAN P.

Chris was very easy to work with and his men were very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced awning fabric on existing mechanism.

Work Completed On 05/30/2015

01/02/2015

Sharon N.

Chris is great. He came to our home and showed us a book of sample fabrics and measured our awning frame. He was friendly, personable and charming with our daughter. He provided great service and a reasonable price. When his staff came to assemble the awning, they were professional and polite.

Description of Work
Measured and constructed new awning.

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

06/08/2014

Mary S.

Response to my first call was immediate. Appointment kept, measurements taken and styles chosen with our input, estimate made, material and color samples sent promptly. All information requested by building's board and management and landmarks was delivered promptly, I.e, license, insurance, drawings, details on installation. Due to family circumstances, we had many delays in installation -- all our fault but no pressure applied. Chris Rice was extremely patient with us, and when a date was finally selected, his work crew showed up on time, worked quickly and efficiently. The consulted with us on a detail or two, disposed of the old hardware, worked quietly and cleaned and swept up all debris, then made sure we understood how to operate correctly. We love the new awning and were extremely impressed by all aspects of the process. Chris Rice was a gem to work with.

Description of Work
Installed new awning and mechanics on an apartment terrace.

Work Completed On 03/19/2014

03/14/2014

Modupe R.

Chris was great. Very professional and courteous. He was also very accommodating with our schedule. The work was done in a timely fashion and to our satisfaction. He was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Installed an awning for the door to our back yard

Work Completed On 02/17/2014

02/21/2014

DAISY G.

As always, I am very hesitant when looking for the right contractor to do a job. I chose Awnings Unlimited because of the positive reviews. The shop?s location and the fact that they also do repairs was a deciding factor. It was a very good decision. I called and left a message on a Friday. Chris, the owner, returned my call the very next day. We set up an appointment for the week. He kept his appointment which, these days, is very important. He came, answered all my questions, measured and gave me a price. What I liked was that he didn?t try to get me to commit. He gave me the time and space I needed to make my decision. It was my first time ordering a fabric awning so I was a little nervous. The awning was for my front porch and I wanted it to cover my door and window. He even helped me in choosing the right color. The job was done in a week. It was definitely faster than I expected. The workers installed it in no time. They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing. Even better, Chris showed up while the installation was being done. Another plus is that he supplies you with a diagram and picture of the proposed Awning. The picture of the proposed awning is superimposed over the image of your house. This gives you a chance to make any changes before the awning is constructed. I LOVE the end product. I love my Awning. The color is perfect. The workmanship and fit are perfect. The quality of the fabric is better than I anticipated. It is exactly what I wanted. I was so happy with it that I ordered a smaller one for over a side door.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed new shed style awning over window and door over front porch. Manufactured and installed a smaller awing for over a side door.

Work Completed On 10/23/2013

02/19/2014

GUY E.

Called mid morning on a Friday, the day after a severe snowstorm,and received a call back in the early evening. He made an appointment for the very next morning, Saturday, and arrived on time as promised. Chris provided a quote on the spot and we made a deposit. He told me it would be about two weeks before the work would be done. I came home on the following Wednesday evening, and the awning was installed. Six days from first call to a finished project was impressive, especially in the midst of a winter of record snow.

Description of Work
Replaced an aluminum awning that had fallen off the house in during a snow storm and removed the damaged one from the property.

Work Completed On 01/19/2014

10/24/2013

Elizabeth H.

The gentleman who came was polite, informative and helpful. My husband thought |the idea of an awning to alleviate water collecting from rain was a bit of overkill |in the price department. However, I found everything about him and the product |to appear excellent. If money were no object, I would have ordered the awning.

Description of Work
They provided a quote for an awning.

Work Completed On 10/21/2013

07/27/2013

Dennis M G.

WOW. Awnings Unlimited has no equal in my opinion. This is the 3rd awning I have had made. Too bad I did not use Awnings Unlimited the first time (20 years ago). They designed a custom frame which is awesome. It is so well made. The awning fits it perfectly. Instead of using cheap aluminum tubing, they used galvanized steel rectangular 2" by 1". The result is the corners are sharp and the awning fits like the skin on a drum. Water will not accumulate, but roll right off. It was really well engineered. From the estimate, to the measuring, manufacturing and installation it took approximately 4 weeks. As promised. The price was very fair. I had obtained estimates from another manufacturer which was significantly higher and the quality offered was nothing like Awnings Unlimited. They do a lot of commercial work in NYC for restaurants with sidewalk cafes. So the quality is top notch.I joined Angie's list to get the name of a qualified awing installer. This experience made it all worthwhile. If this is the quality of service providers Angies's list offers it is a WINNER.

Description of Work
Installed a custom awning including the frame

Work Completed On 07/25/2013

07/09/2013

Deborah J.

We made an appointment and a contact person came out within a couple of day. He was very informative. Order was made in early January, but because of a few problems installation wasn't done until February 13. Overall I was very satisfied with the finish work.

Description of Work
Installed awnings over two doors on the front of the house.

Work Completed On 02/13/2013

07/01/2013

Dahlia T.

the work was done well but it started late.

Description of Work
placed a retractable awning on our deck.

Category awnings, decks, patios

Cost $4,300.56

Work Completed On 06/28/2013

07/01/2013

C Michael R.

Fair price and work completed timely and professionally

Description of Work
Measured, provide and installed custom fabric awnings

Work Completed On 06/01/2013

06/10/2013

Brian L.

It went well but it took them a long time to get it done we had to call them several times and even then it was hard to get them to come down but once they did it went very well.

Description of Work
Replaced awning.

Work Completed On 04/07/2012

06/03/2013

Jessica B.

It went very well. We contracted them through Major Improvements. The salesman said the awing would be ready in 6 weeks. I said I had hoped for 2 weeks and sure enough, it was ready in approximately 2 weeks. The installers arrived on time and went right to work. They said it would take about 45 minutes, but they were done in about 20 minutes. They worked quickly and neatly. The awning works perfectly.

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awning over our deck in back of our house,