Great American Hardwood Floor Services Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2012

Super Service Award Winner-5 Years in a Row! Dustless Sanding and Refinishing as well as Installation of Hardwood and Laminate Flooring. Welcome to Great American Hardwood floor Services Inc. Serving the Tri-State area since 1995 for your Hardwood floor needs. At Great America we take pride in what we do and customer satisfaction is our main goal. Great America uses state of the art equipments (Dustless sanding Machines) and environmentally friendly finishes. For all your floor needs please feel free to call 9144827671 for your guaranteed services. Please ask for your 10% off discount on labor (600 sq. ft and up only). Thank you. Also serving Rockland County....

A Service Provider's profile image

+91 more images

hardwood floors (85)flooring (43)woodworking (5)floor cleaning (1)house painting (1)water damage restoration (1)

09/02/2022

SIROS K.

Worth every dollar Very professional, well seasoned, worked hard side by side with his crew, Mr. Adams is a true professional Will recommend him to anyone

Description of Work
Refinishing the floor hardwood

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

09/24/2021

Cheryl K.

Humidity caused the board next to the bathroom door to swell and we were unable to open the door. Ishmael came and assessed the problem that day and repaired it a week later. Ishmael does his own work and insures his job. You won’t find better.

Description of Work
Replace a board warped by humidity

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

Review for Great American Hardwood Floor Services Inc - 2 Fisher Dr # 510, Mt Vernon, NY - 39485586

04/01/2021

Mark B.

Job went great. Ishmael is a true professional. He is good to his word, communicates well and does great work. Our floors look fantastic. He has a super nice crew working for him and they all seem to enjoy their craft. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
refinish hardwood floors / 2 floors

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

09/24/2020

Cheryl K.

Very well, Ishmael was present every day and worked along with his crew. They were punctual, professional, pleasant and most importantly, skilled.

Description of Work
prefinished floors installed

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

08/12/2020

Dan L.

Ishmael and his team are excellent. My wife and I have nothing but positive things to say. From the start, Ishmael was clear and communicative, and made great suggestions for how we could achieve the best possible outcome. He came out to give us a quote on a Saturday and by that evening, we had the quote in hand. The job started on Tuesday. He stuck to his word across everything, and we are in love with our new (and newly refinished) floors. He was creative in his approach to some challenging situations with the floors, and went out of his way to add extra little finishes to ensure we loved the final result. The crew broke an outlet during the process (totally understandable, given the huge planks of wood coming up) and Ishmael even came to the house last night at 9pm to replace it. He's true to his word, he's reasonably priced given the excellent service, and it was a true pleasure working with him. And most importantly: we LOVE our floors! Thanks, Ishmael.

Description of Work
Rip out and replace floors on first floor & sand and refinish floors on second floor

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

07/24/2020

Upneet S.

Good professional job with aggressive pricing.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

Thank you.It was my pleasure working with you.Enjoy your floors. Ishmael Adams Owner

04/02/2020

Ellis C.

In a word...perfectly. Ishmael is a consummate pro in every respect. He was punctual, listened well, did the job to perfection. I couldn't find a single issue throughout. Would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Insallation of new floor for large area of apartment - kitchen, dining room, living room

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

Thanks so much.It was my pleasure working with you. Enjoy your beautiful floors and please keep spreading the good word.Stay blessed Ishmael Adams

12/04/2019

Darren L.

Ishmael was pleasant to work from finish to start. I first talked to him on the phone (very professional and pleasant). I then received a quote for the work i wanted by email. The day he came over to look at the floor that i wanted to remove and I didn't actually get work done because he advised me my floors didn't look like it is infested with powder post beetles. He patiently explained to me what characteristics my new floors had and was even able to duplicate some of the flaws of my floors. I Appreciated his expertise and he didn't just jump into selling me his service. He wanted me to make sure i was certain. If i do need work on my floors I will definitely be contacting Ishmael.

Description of Work
replace all hardwood flooring in apartment

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

10/28/2019

KENNETH H.

Outstanding. Ishmael and his team did 3 jobs for me this year at three different times. After he did a great job sanding and staining my floors grey. i called him back to stain another level of floors the same color grey. This company is great to work with. They kept the dust to a minimum and were on time. They delivered a great product. I am a landlord and it is important for me to have contractors that I can depend on to do a good job the first time and they delivered each time. I highly recommend them, as they reduced my stress as they work hard to deliver a great product. As mentioned I hired this company three separate times this past several months and each time they delivered great work, so that is why I am writing this review. They truly earned my business.

Description of Work
Floors needed to be re-sanded. Changed color of floors. Repaired and weaved in new flooring for room creation.

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

10/15/2019

Steven D.

Project came out great. Ishmael was a pleasure to work with, respectful, polite, and extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain his work and share his knowledge. Came out to assess project right away and started the job and finished within time frame. Would highly recommend his services for any wood floor needs.

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors

Work Completed On 10/13/2019

Review for Great American Hardwood Floor Services Inc - 2 Fisher Dr # 510, Mt Vernon, NY - 38171701

04/23/2019

Dautanya S.

Very professional and gives useful advice to save money and enhance the outcome. Ishmeal returns calls promptly, he’s punctual and goes above and beyond to provide great customer service. I was very impressed with how great the floors looked when the job was complete. Without hesitation I would recommend Ishmeal to others.

Description of Work
Floor sanding and polishing

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

02/02/2019

Matt N.

I had a very positive experience with Ishmael and his flooring company. He was extremely responsive throughout the process, arrived on time for an initial assessment, and arrived at a later on appointed time with an assistant to refinish our bedroom floor and patch a few spots on our dining room and living room floors. Both he and his assistant were very professional and collegial throughout the entire process, and our floors came out beautifully. The result was well beyond my expectations. I would definitely and will likely use his services again and would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
refinish hardwood floor in bedroom and patch hardwood floor in dining and living room

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

Hello, Thank you for the kind words.Great American Hardwood takes pride in satisfying our customers and we are so pleased that you are happy with our work. Please keep spreading the good words. Thanks again. Ishmael Adams-Owner

11/28/2018

steve C.

Ishmael is incredibly professional, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. He was able to schedule the estimate and work very quickly, and finished the job within two days without sacrificing quality. Our floors turned out beautifully and we will definitely hire him again. In addition to sanding and refinishing the floors, he repaired a section of floor that has special inlay and he matched the original design perfectly.

Description of Work
refinishing hardwood floors

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

At Great American Hardwood we are pleased you like our work. Please keep spreading the good word. Thank you. Ishmael Adams

09/07/2018

JOSEPH N.

Ishmael did such a great job that I am making it a point to give him a great review. I have hired people from Angies List before who were "A" quality providers but Ishmael definitely deserves an "A+" grade. I hired him twice. I hired him originally to remove the carpet in the living room and install new hardwood flooring that I purchased. The floor was very squeaky and I emphasized with him many times that I wanted all the squeaks gone if possible. I explained to him that even though my wife wanted the carpet out of there, the real reason why I want hardwood flooring installed is so the subfloor can be nailed down to stop the squeaks. Anyway, Ishmael obliged and when he installed the living room hardwood floor, I interrupted his work numerous times to make sure he was getting rid of all the squeaks before laying new hardwood flooring. He also installed new luxury vinyl plank flooring in the bathroom. Needless to say, everything went so well that I decided to hire him to install new hardwood flooring in my bedrooms too even though my wife and I actually liked the carpeting in the bedrooms. As of now, Ishmael has been the best contractor that I have ever dealt with and I'm dead serious when I say that and I've hired a lot of contractors. As a matter of fact, when I called him for the first time ever to schedule an appointment for an estimate we were on the phone for over an hour. When I got off the phone, I said to my wife that he seems very passionate about hardwood flooring and that if he gives me a competitive price, I will probably hire him. The next day he came for the estimate. He was at my house for a little over two hours and while he was there I decided to hire him. His price was in line with two other quotes that I got. He's also a ridiculously hard worker and is really smart too. He's also very friendly and even gave me one of his caulking guns when I needed one. He told me to keep it too. He also installed a wheel on my bed frame when one broke. The first time he came to do a job at my house, he was there all day and night until it was finished. Also, when he came back for the second time, he came when there was flash flooding. He's very dedicated and you can tell he tries to please his customers. He's such a great contractor that I asked him a bunch of times if he would consider doing other work on my house besides flooring but all he does is flooring. Just schedule an estimate with him and you will start to see for yourself why he has so many "A" ratings.

Description of Work
New hardwood flooring installed in living room and two bedrooms. New luxury vinyl plank flooring installed in bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/04/2018

So sorry, I thought I had replied/responded to this.Thank you so much for taking the time to drop this extensive review.It was very nice working for you and we are so pleased you like our work.Please keep spreading the good work and keep our motivation high at Great American Hardwood.Thanks again. Ishmael Adams

08/29/2018

antonio A.

I needed my hardwood floors sanded and refinished. Mr Adams did a great job.My floors look fantastic. He is a true professional. His prices are reasonable,his work is excellent and he is a very nice person. He answered all my questions and concerns. I would recommend him to anyone that needs floors refinished or installed.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors sanded and refinished

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Thank you so much.It was a pleasure working for you.Enjoy your floors and please keep spreading the good word.Thanks again. Ishmael Adams

07/21/2018

Laura O.

Ishmael and his coworkers did a great job on refinishing the hardwood floors in my living room and dining room. Removed wall to wall carpeting in living room. All work was done neatly and professionally. Ishmael was very courteous and explained all work thoroughly. I love the results!

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you.We appreciate your time to share your opinion.It was a pleasure working with you.Enjoy your Floors and thanks again. Ishmael Adams

07/06/2018

Daniel B.

Terrific job on my 90-year-old oak floors. Ishmael and his crew are very professional and do top quality work. This is my second project with him and both have exceeded my expectations. Expect them to arrive at the agreed time, do a beautiful job, and leave you with a clean house. I strongly recommend Ishmael to anyone looking for repairing or refinishing their wood floors.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish 4 rooms

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

Hello, Thank you for the kind words.Great American Hardwood’s main goal is to make our customers happy and put smiles on their faces with a professionally Installed, Repaired, Sand, Stained and Finished Floors.So glad we have successful achieved that important goal of ours.Please keep spreading the good word.It was pleasure working with you and thank you again. Ishmael Adams

06/07/2018

Alfonso P.

Ishmael and his colleague were outstanding. Really nice guys and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. Definitely will keep them in our speed dial.

Description of Work
Refinished and polished hardwood floor throughout home. Living room, den, stairs, and three bedrooms.

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

Thank you very much.At Great American Hardwood, your satisfaction is our main goal and am glad we have achieved it.Please keep spreading the good word.Thanks again.

05/05/2018

Anna B.

This contractor was the best contractor I have ever worked with (and I have worked with some excellent ones). Ishmael was responsive, on time, and a pleasure to work with. When he came to review our floors he carefully examined each room and explained to us what he saw and the various options for what we could do. He in no way pressured us in any direction and was happy to work with our vision for the floors. Ishmael submitted a very professional, itemized estimate to us in a timely manner after carefully reviewing our floors. This estimate also included references to other customers. We already knew he was great since several people in our new building raved about him. They were absolutely right. Ishmael adapted to the needs of other contractors working in our apartment to ensure that the floor refinishing was timed correctly. The results of his work were fantastic and exactly what we wanted. Within days of Ishmael's completion of the job we had a terrible rainstorm and some water got into our apartment due to building leaks. Ishmael kindly went back to the apartment and re-assessed the floors. He told us that all of the stains that we identified were old ones and said that we could rest easily knowing that the floors were in great shape. All of this is worth a hefty price tag but Ishmael charged us less than two other contractors who gave us estimates. He is well-worth the price and I would not hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing and repair.

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

Thank you very much.So glad you like our work.It was nice working with you as well.Please keep spreading the the good word.Thank you. Ishmael Adams

03/27/2018

Dana C.

Mr. Adams and his crew did a great job. They sealed the work area securely so that the dust did not spread over the rest of the house. The floor looks great.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished 600 sq ft

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

Thank you very much.So please you like our work.Please keep spreading the good word and thanks again.

11/26/2017

Aishah S.

It got to a point that it became an impossibility to remove the ingrained dirt on our porcelain tile flooring in our kitchen no matter what cleaning product, scrub brush or machine that was used. We initially got an estimate from a company to work on the kitchen floor, but we felt that their price was inflated. So on a particular Sunday, we called 3 other vendors from Angie's List. However most of them did not respond. But, when we called Ishmael Adams of Great American Hardwood Floors Services, Inc., he got back to us immediately that same day. Initially during our phone conversation, he was hesitant and skeptical about whether he would be able to dig up the porcelain tile flooring and also be able to salvage the oak floor below. However, he agreed to come by later that day to look at the job. Ishmael showed up as promised on a Sunday. After taking up a few tiles to see the floor below, he agreed to do the work on the kitchen floor and the back steps. The day the work began, Ishmael and his helper, Carl, graciously helped us to remove the refrigerator from the kitchen. Plastic sheeting was installed around the perimeter of the kitchen area to prevent the spread of dust throughout the house. Although, removing the tiles was difficult, both Ishmael and Carl were able to get the job done. They are truly unbelievably skilled and focused workers. The sanding of the floor revealed the gorgeous oak floor below that was in excellent shape. After 4 days of work, the finished product was incredible. We were extremely pleased with the end result of their work. Our kitchen floor and steps are beautiful. The workmanship was excellent. Ishmael is a true professional with an exceptional work ethic. Each day, Ishmael arrived in a timely manner, and would always alert us if they were going to be somewhat late. In addition, each day our property was always left clean and spotless. Ishmael Adams is an extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy, respectable contractor and professional who is sensitive to the needs of his customers. His prices are fair and competitive. We highly recommend Ishmael Adams of Great American Hardwood floor Services, Inc. , and we will most definitely utilize his services for any of our flooring needs in the future.

Description of Work
In our kitchen, We wanted to have the removal of the porcelain floor tiles in order to have the oak flooring below restored by having it sanded and refinished. In addition, we wanted to have the steps in our back staircase sanded and refinished. It was our hope to have this job done by Thanksgiving.

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

Thank you very much.Please keep spreading the good wordsWw are glad you like your Floors .

09/20/2017

joni S.

After some run-ins with a poor contractor, finding Ishmael was a blessing. Our experience was a breeze for us! Ishmael and Carl meticulously knocked out 1000sq ft flooring installation and stair refinishing in 4 days. The stairs had many layers of paint so I'm sure that was long and tedious work but they made it seem effortless. Beautiful work with the utmost professionalism. What more can you ask for?

Description of Work
Ishmael installed hardwood floors in our 2nd floor apt using hardwood that we purchased ourselves. He also refinished our stair steps which required removing the landing bannister and spindles.

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

Review for Great American Hardwood Floor Services Inc - 2 Fisher Dr # 510, Mt Vernon, NY - 36270804