Powers Environmental LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2016

Searsville Rd.

Montgomery, NY 12549

Our professional team of certified and New York state licensed field assessors provides environmental assessments including air and allergen testing, mold inspections and odor detection to identify and address air quality problems in your home or workplace. Our inspectors evaluate conditions in the indoor environment and perform state-of-the-art testing and analysis....

07/27/2017

Melanie G.

Rob was the only person out of three companies who I called who was honest, and made great suggestions instead of with holding information, and helped me figure out how I might take care of a very small mold problem on my own, or by hiring a contractor. Honesty and helpfulness, gets my vote every time!

Description of Work
I have a very small area of unfinished drywall in my laundry room that has a few spots of black mold.

Category mold removal

Thanks for taking the time to send a review! We realize that many people who are concerned about a mold situation in their homes just need a little advice in handling something on their own. We are interested in helping people as much as running our business. Sometimes the situation requires that we visit a member's home, but other times it can be diagnosed right on the phone, as in your case. If you have a need in the future for our services, we are here for you. William Powers

03/10/2017

John B.

Thorough & professional

Description of Work
Test for mold & VOC's

Category mold removal

Thanks for your review! Our goal is always to be thorough and professional!

02/16/2017

Stephen D.

The assessment was performed by business owner, William Powers, a licensed NYS mold assessor. Mr. Powers was punctual and professional. He utilized all appropriate safety precautions and performed a thorough assessment of the conditions in specified locations in the home as well as an air quality analysis of the main living areas. Mr. Powers was extremely knowledgeable regarding all aspects of mold assessment and remediation and he took the time to explain what he was doing and to answer all questions that my wife and I had. I was then provided a complete report on the mold conditions and a thorough plan for remediation of the mold that was found. In addition, Mr. Powers also provided suggestions on how to prevent future occurrences of mold in the home by making some minor changes to the home environment. Following the inspection and provision of the previously mentioned reports, Mr. Powers made himself available to answer any additional questions as I worked towards remediation of the mold conditions in my home. He even provided his personal cell number and advised that I could call him at any time with additional questions. I have used that number on a couple of occasions and Mr. Powers was quick to respond. I would highly recommend Powers Environmental LL for anyone requiring this type of service.

Description of Work
Powers Environmental LLC performed a mold assessment in my home to assess the air quality and to determine if a suspected mold condition existed.

Category mold removal

Thanks for the glowing review! We were happy to help you address the situation in the home. We realize that follow-up information is needed at times to provide direction beyond what is contained in the reports sent to our clients. We are interested in getting them to the end of the process of remediation of mold or other indoor air quality issues in their home.

01/31/2017

Lisa D.

I had a positive experience, the company was very professional and efficient. After testing the air quality of our home, I was provided with knowledge of the situation and affordable options to take care of the problem. I appreciated how things were explained to me during the process, and my questions were answered in order to decide on the best solution.

Description of Work
I needed my home to be tested for mold and understand how toxic the situation was.

Category mold removal

We are so happy to that you took the time to share your experience regarding our service. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you in the future!

01/25/2017

Heather G.

Mr Schellhorn accommodated me within 48 hours. He was professional and quite frankly a delight. He knew efficiently where to look and what to do and had nifty gadgets that I didn't understand but he was able to give me information on the spot, and a report with more detailed concrete facts followed a few days later. I was concerned with moisture in my ceiling and never would have thought to check the basement! Mr Schellhorn asked for access and discovered moisture that would've gone undetected. I'm so glad we found it and treated it before it could create a problem!! He was able to offer practical solutions and patiently answered all my questions.

Description of Work
My upstairs neighbor let his pipes freeze and I came home to a flooded kitchen from above... I needed to know if mold/moisture was an issue and if there were any health concerns for myself and my daughter.

Category mold removal

Robert does a great job of caring for his clients and going the "extra mile" to find any issues that exist in a home. Glad things have been corrected!

01/25/2017

Regina F.

We highly recommend Powers International LLC. Bill and his team are efficient, effective and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Bill provided a thorough inspection after another party's remediation work did not fully remove our mold. Our mold counts had actually increased after the 1st remediation - it was puzzling. Bill was brought in to inspect our home and he used tools that were not used by others before him. Bill and his colleague were very careful in their inspection and took their time as they checked each room and surface area. They managed to shed light on the cause of our mold problem - a leak behind a wall. Bill provided instructions to our remediator on steps to be taken for next remediation. Instructions were followed and the final air test results passed with flying colors.

Category mold removal

Thanks for your great review! We are so happy that our service was able to identify the hidden mold problem so that it could be corrected. Hope your family is feeling better once the mold issue was eliminated.

01/24/2017

Sam K.

Powers Environmental crew was professional and most of all thorough. After remediation work was complete Powers Environmental were hired again to provide all assurances that the remediation work was done in a thorough manner. The testing was done in a very timely manner which helped us act quickly. And the advice we received from their trained experts was spot on.

Description of Work
Testing for mold. Powers Environmental was key to the assessment of a mold problem we found in our basement. We appreciated the accurate testing and analysis of our home. Which helped us remediate the problem most economically and effectively.

Category mold removal

Thanks for taking the time to review our service. We endeavor to react quickly to help you resolve any discovered issues as quickly as possible.

01/24/2017

Mark M.

Went perfectly, no issues.

Description of Work
Needed a mold test of an apartment.

Category mold removal

Thanks for your positive review! Let us know if we can provide any further assistance.

All Dry USA Hudson Valley

Since 2011, ADU specializes in water, fire, mold, and storm remediation and restoration. Our goal is to provide prompt and professional solutions emphasizing customer service. We provide 24-hour seven days a week service, our certified and licensed technicians will be glad to assist you.

All Vac Environmental, Inc.

All Vac Environmental, Inc. is a New York State and US EPA licensed mold remediation, asbestos abatement, lead abatement and hazard reduction, and mechanical hygiene (duct cleaning) contractor serving New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut homeowners, businesses, institutions, and contractor clients since 2003, with Dean Small serving as the company’s Principal and Senior Project Manager. Clients hire and recommend All Vac Environmental, Inc. because of our unique client-focused approached to solving environment hazards and conditions. We take the time to understand our clients' needs and project goals, which leads to increased property value, public health, and regulatory compliance. No matter your needs, our technicians and supervisors have the expertise and deep industry knowledge to give you a healthier home and workspace.

Environmental Assessments & Solutions, Inc.

Since 1992, Environmental Assessments & Solutions, Inc. has been providing mold and indoor environmental testing and consulting services, 24 / 7 / 365. In our nearly 30 years of service, we have conducted tens of thousands of environmental inspections and bring this wealth of practical experience to your home or business. EAS, Inc. does not charge extra for evening or weekend appointments. EAS, Inc. is fully licensed and insured to conduct Mold and Moisture Assessment, Asbestos Material and Contamination Inspection, Lead Paint Inspection / Risk Assessment, Odor Assessment and Indoor Environmental Health Hazard Assessment services in New York State, Connecticut State, New Jersey State and New York City. EAS, Inc. will provide numerous references from satisfied clients in your Town who have had similar issues and problems as yours. EAS, Inc. ONLY performs unbiased and independent inspection services potentially saving you significant money and unnecessary remediation work. EAS, Inc. NEVER conducts abatement / remediation services, as it is unethical and unlawful to conduct the work being recommended. When you hire EAS, Inc. there is NEVER a conflict of interest as we NEVER conduct any of the work we recommend. A unique difference between EAS, Inc. and our competitors is that your home or business will personally be inspected by the owner, Charles Schwartz. Additionally, your site specific and detailed report will be written by the owner, Charles Schwartz. Charles Schwartz always makes himself available to review his inspection findings and report with you personally at no additional charge. EAS, Inc. is rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), rates A with Angie’s List and rated 5 star with Yelp. EAS, Inc. has been awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award for each of the last 3 years from 2017 - 2019. EAS, Inc. has a nearly 30 year proven track record of successfully providing mold contamination, asbestos material and contamination, lead hazard, rodent and vermin contamination assessments with mitigation options and and other related services from initial inspection where we diagnose the problem and it's cause to ensuring the environmental problem is safely and completely corrected. EAS, Inc. provides services to residential, commercial and institutional clients. EAS, Inc. is court qualified to provide expert litigation support services. Our inspection and testing services are site specific and detailed following the latest industry standards and guidelines. Call us if you are having unexplained health issues or have been diagnosed with Sick Building Syndrome or Building Related Illness, have non-specific or unpleasant odors, are getting ready to renovate, sell or purchase a home or recently went through a problematic renovation which may have created water problems, uncontrolled humidity or inadequate ventilation leading to suspect mold growth or disturbed older building materials which may have contained asbestos, lead paint or exposed areas of vermin / rodent waste EAS, Inc. will properly assess and diagnose your home or business for mold and other environmental issues and offer independent and technically accurate recommendations on how to safely and properly address your environmental issue or problem. In the age of COVID-19, be assured the inspector will come to your home or business wearing a proper face mask and gloves through out the inspection and will review any concerns you have about the process before the inspection.

Offers by Environmental Assessments & Solutions, Inc. on Angi

MA00174
    NYS
    NYS Dept. of Labor
    01/01/2018

We offer Indoor Air Quality testing, including Mold and Allergen Sampling. We also provide Odor Detection services (checking for Volatile Organic Compounds and levels of formaldehyde). All assessments come with an easy-to-understand explanatory report. When mold is detected, a remediation plan is provided. When disasters occur (mold, fire, sewage backup) and a company comes in to clean up, we can provide testing to confirm that the job was done right and that contaminants are gone.

We do not offer Asbestos or Lead testing.