Becker Garage Door Company Inc.

Founded 1952 • With Angi since May 2010

366 Jericho Turnpike

Mineola, NY 11501

Family Owned business, treat our customers as we like to be treated when we have work done at our homes. No subcontractors are used. We have our own trained crew.

04/04/2018

Andrew N.

My garage door needed to be replaced along with the opener. John came over and gave me a decent price for the door along with the opener. The installation for the opener was $150 and the best door they had was $1250 (thickest insulation). This included removal of all old doors and stuff. Dad needed just the door but no insulation, $880 or so(forgot). Jose came to my dad's house first, did an awesome job! Then a few weeks later, he came to my house to do the job. Jose was neat, knew his stuff, and installed just the door with removal of the old one in 2 hours! Then he installed the opener without a hitch. He truly knows his stuff! I want to thank John and Jose for the best experience I had with a garage door installation. Thank you Becker Garage door (John and Jose!)

Description of Work
My garage door and opener needed to be changed out. My dad same thing without the opener.

06/20/2017

De O.

They had to change the springs inside of the garage door. One of them broke, one breaks, but you gotta do two of them. I know he showed up when he said he would. The service was as good or better than I expected. Well, they know what they're doing. The guy that showed up was 40 years of experience, which I can't even believe and then the price is right! Actually 35 years ago they installed the door and 35 years later the spring broke. So, no complaints about the length of time that I had to wait to call them.

Description of Work
They had to come and do repairs.

06/06/2017

Carole R.

From the minute I walked into the showroom, I was offered phenomenal service. The salesperson could not have been nicer or more informative. Measurements were completed 2 days later by a very professional technician and the garage door was installed promptly. Installation was done with utmost care and precision and the gentleman who did the installation went out of his way to show me everything he had done and to leave my garage and driveway cleaner than it was when he came! I can only hope that all of my home projects go as smoothly as this one did! Thank You to everyone at Becker Garage Door!! And...the garage door looks GREAT!

Description of Work
Remove old garage door; widen door opening and replace all edge capping; install new garage door

12/08/2016

FRANK S.

Took them about 30 mins and everything works great would definitely use them again!!!

Description of Work
My garage door wouldn't close all the way. They needed to replace a pulley and secure the door to the rails.

12/05/2016

William Y.

Did not use

Description of Work
Nothing done cost too high

08/29/2016

Patricia R.

Excellent. Got a lessonon what to dowjen a power failure causes grief.

Description of Work
Fix a stuck garage door mechanism

07/07/2016

Tom S.

We called when an old garage door spring broke. We left a message and they returned it promptly. We set up an appointment for the next day. They showed up right on time, replaced the broken spring and recommended that we replace the other three since they appeared to be the original springs from 1953. The price was quite reasonable and we agreed. The work was done right away and all is working fine. Wouldn't hesitate to call on them again if needed.

Description of Work
Replaced 4 load springs on two doors

04/30/2016

marilyn S.

Everything went extremely well.

Description of Work
I hade the good fortune in using Becker Garage Company. They installed new 2 garage doors and a garage opener. Their work was neat and professional and I thought the price reasonable..

08/18/2015

Paul K.

They are outstanding, nobody can be better than them. I don't remember the exact price but I remember I was happy about it and the man went above and beyond for me.

Description of Work
Fixed my garage door because it wasn't raising or closing so it worked. He also turned my other garage door on and fixed the squeaking.

08/17/2015

Debra F.

Every person we dealt with from this company was pleasant and helpful. I stopped by and man in store gave me an estimate. Art came over and gave an official estimate and answered all my questions. Installers did a good job and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
We replaced our garage door.

04/21/2014

John M.

Installer got stuck in Traffic and was lightly late. He was terrific, installed the door and opener in about 3 hours and cleaned up all debris. I was extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace Garage Door and Automatic Overhead garage door opener

04/16/2014

Maria T.

Professional, courteous and efficient

Description of Work
Adjusted the site finder on door checked the motor etc

04/11/2014

Joseph S.

Went excellent. Were honest, on time, clean, good communication

Description of Work
Realigned the garage door sensors.

03/03/2014

Lance W.

On time for estimate. Listened to what I wanted, then provided information. Written estimate quickly received. On time for job completion. All services provided as per the estimate. Final price same as estimate. Installation was done Nov 6 2013. I called them recently to report some trouble I was having with the lock and key on the new door. All it needed was a squirt of WD40 - but they did not complain. They quickly scheduled a time and date for them to come and look. They arrived on time, and provided exactly what was needed. This was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Remove existing door, rails, all parts and disposal; installation of new door, springs, etc. including all the trim and fascia. Remove all debris.

02/01/2014

Robert S.

Sam was the guy who came to do the service. He cleaned and lubricated everything that needed it. He also went above and beyond to make sure a battery I did not know I had was changed. I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
service an automatic garage door opener

11/08/2013

Richard M.

Although Sam did not have the exact key to match the numbered cylinder, he was able to work the mechanism with a similar key and open the door, then advise me on changing the lock. While there he lubricated the rails and checked the fit and spotted some carpentry work that would be needed around the frame. He was timely, professional and efficient. And cheaper than a locksmith!

Description of Work
Opened garage door for which key was lost.

10/31/2013

Rosalie R.

Sam was very professional and knowledgeable, giving us some helpful hints about maintenance. Work was done in a timely manner. We would use Raynor again.

Description of Work
Adjusted door springs and lubricated tracks.

09/10/2013

Maria T.

The man who came to give the estimate was on time and professional. The mechanic who did the installation was also on time very efficient.

Description of Work
Replaced old garage door mechanism Provided new digital keypad and tree remotes

08/18/2013

Ronald M.

Very well. The mechanic also inspected the entire door and another door that was not broken, lubricated both doors and tightened or replaces bolts holding the mechanism to the doors. He also noticed and replaced frayed cables on the faulty door.

Description of Work
Replaced a failed pulley wheel on an older door.

08/06/2013

Marie J.

Good. The technician arrived on time. He was pleasant and professional and got the job done.

Description of Work
fix and service garage door.

07/29/2013

Kevin O.

The mechanic did a great job fixing and fine tuning the garage door to make it very easy to use.

Description of Work
Replaced the two broken garage door springs, reset pulleys and wires, greased rollers and track and replaced some missing screws in the brackets.

04/14/2013

Mark H.

very professional. good service, good product and excellent installation.

Description of Work
removed my old wooden door and replaced it with a new galvanized steel one.

03/15/2013

Stephen R.

Raynor was totally honest. He came exactly when he said he would. The serviceman was very nice and it was a totally good experience. I will certainly not think twice to use them again and I will certainly recommend them. I also will always check Angie's List before just hiring someone from some good looking website.

Description of Work
Suddenly our garage door would not go down. I called our regular garage door service person and he was not available for days. I then called a company from a website I found quickly. He came and said the problem was the sensors. He guaranteed if he changed the sensors it would work fine. Well he changed the sensors and it still would not go down. He then said we needed a new motor for well over 400.00. I decided to get a second opinion before paying that kind of money from a company I knew nothing about. This time I used Angie's List to find a garage door repair company. It would have been a good idea if I did that the first time. Raynor came promptly the next day as promised and found the problem to be the wiring. He fixed it for 158.00 and it has been working fine ever since. I should have checked Angie's List from the start. By getting a second opinion I saved myself 252.00 and by using Angie's List I got it fixed right.

11/03/2011

Mary F.

I moved into my house in 1982 and the heavy, wooden double garage door was already in place. Several times we had to have the heavy springs replaced and both times we called Raynor since their name was on the door as the installer. We finally decided to change the door entirely since we wanted a lighter, maintenance-free door. Raynor is located around the block from us. We had them come over for an estimate. It was within our budget and the gentleman who came for the estimate and also was around for the replacement remembered installing the original door. He even remembered when he had to make adjustments to the garage and door because the previous owner had a business and parked his truck in the garage. I was completely satisfied with the work and I do currently recommend them to anyone I know who is looking to replace their garage doors.

Description of Work
Replaced an old heavy, wooden garage door with automatic opener with a new, lighter fiberglass door with automatic opener.

03/08/2011

Amanda D.

Overall they were very good, quick, and neat. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. Their price was high. My garage door is excellent. The workers were polite, helpful, friendly, and very fast. They finished the work in two and a half hours. It was a big door, and not a small door. They took the old door out and fixed the new one. They were really very good. I would 100% recommend them. I would use them in future if the need arose; but I have only one garage so I hopefully I won't need them yet.

Description of Work
I used Raynor Garage Door Co to install the garage door last week.

Precision Overhead Garage Door Service

Offices in Northern NJ, Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk, Orange, Rockland, Putnam, Ulster, and Dutchess Counties in New York and Fairfield County, CT. We provide garage door service when it’s convenient for you. Angie's List Super Service Award Winners 10 Consecutive years. All phone calls answered 24/7. Weekends available at no extra charge. All technicians are drug and background checked. Cost is determined by the job. FREE estimates on new garage doors. Service fees may apply. No extra charge for after-hours service.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Precision Overhead Garage Door Service on Angi
    GGL Garage Doors

At GGL Garage Doors, we're proud to carry the top brands for garage doors residential &commercial . We happily accommodate what suits you best, whether that's helping you choose the perfect garage door to install yourself or taking care of the installation from start to finish.

Tri-State Garage Doors

Tri State Garage Doors provides professional and reliable garage door services. Contact us today to hear how our services can be of help to you. * Garage Door Services * Garage Door Installation Services * Garage Door Repair Services * Garage Door Opener Installation Services * Garage Door Opener Repair Services

Offers by Tri-State Garage Doors on Angi
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Becker Garage Door Company Inc.

How is Becker Garage Door Company Inc. overall rated?

Becker Garage Door Company Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Becker Garage Door Company Inc. open?

Becker Garage Door Company Inc. is open:

What payment options does Becker Garage Door Company Inc. provide

Becker Garage Door Company Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Does Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Becker Garage Door Company Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Becker Garage Door Company Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Becker Garage Door Company Inc.?

Yes, Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offer?

Becker Garage Door Company Inc. offers the following services: New garage doors and electric operator for homes and business also repairs on both.