ACM Electrical Contracting Corp

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

74-10 69th Rd

Middle Village, NY 11379

Licensed Electrical Contractor Serving the 5 Boroughs of NY, Residential, Commercial and Industrial. 24 Hours Service....

08/14/2020

Colin I.

Two days after the start of quarantine, the electricity in the back of my apartment (living room and bedroom) cut out. Mike came in for a look to see what the problem was and then work stalled as the entire state went into lockdown. Over the course of the next few months, Mike stayed in touch and kept my situation in mind. Three weeks ago, he came in and fixed what ended up being a VERY complex wiring issue within my apartment, taking multiple days to ensure everything turned out just right and offering a fair charge given how many days and hours he spent fixing the situation. Many thanks, Mike! That's twice ACM has bailed me out of bad wiring in my apartment. Go with these guys!

Description of Work
Electric Wiring in my Apartment

03/30/2020

Cameron C.

He got in immediate contact, we set a date and confirm a time. On the day of he calls unsure of the time we agreed upon after the appointment time has passed and upon hearing that there is very little parking in my area due to the city doing heavy street construction in our area, refuses to show up unless I can guarantee him parking so that he won't have to walk from whatever space he finds to my apartment. He literally goes from "What am I supposed to do..."[in reference to his in ability to come on time from his previous job] to blaming me for the lack of parking in my area. He never showed.

Description of Work
Moving an electrical outlet

Category electrician

You have the wrong electrician. I’m sorry

08/23/2019

Sam A.

Very professional, and the price was right.

Description of Work
Two ceiling lamps installation

Category electrician, lighting

10/23/2018

jerry R.

Man called saying he will be at job Monday. He never called, or showed up. Got another electrician,....job was done....very satisfied!

Description of Work
install circuit breaker, replace wall outlet, install 5 LED lights

09/29/2018

Camilla Z.

Mike was extremely prompt and professional. He was communicative about the problem and really seemed to care personally about doing the job right. That's not something you can buy and it's really what sets a pro apart from a shoemaker.

Description of Work
Electrical Wiring Repair

07/18/2018

Eugenia H.

Mike is the dude! He clearly explained the problem with our TV cables, and what we will have to do to rectify it. Other electricians we called refused to deal with cable TV, but Mike was very knowledgable.

Description of Work
in wall cables inadequate for cable TV

01/21/2018

DAVID K.

He came for a home visit and gave what seemed like a reasonable estimate. However, when I emailed him with a question about the estimate, I never heard from him again.

Description of Work
Electrical Repairs in home

12/21/2017

Isaac R.

Guys were prompt, diligent and courteous, was a challenge drilling through an old building wall but they got through.

Description of Work
Install outdoor outlet and mount car charging unit

06/10/2017

Sonya W.

From estimate to job finish, Mike was top notch! His price was the lowest of any quote we got, he arrived on time for the appointment, did the whole job quickly (just a shade over 2 hours) and took our unwanted old ceiling fan away. Mike is super polite and professional--he even answered a follow up question I had on a Saturday morning which is technically a company day off! I would definitely recommend him and will hire him for future projects!

Description of Work
Installed 2 ceiling fans and 2 dimmer switches for other light fixtures.

12/29/2016

Charles N.

They did an excellent job, Joe read the diagrams and figured out how to put it together, even though they had never seen the switches before while Anthony did an excellent job helping Joe out! :) Thanks guys

Description of Work
shorted the box and needed 3 smart switches put into place

09/13/2016

Lynda C.

Fantastic! Michael did an awesome job of explaining what needed to be done in order to properly upgrade my house. Everything was done timely and neatly, Michael was on site every day to manage his team. I would definitely refer ACM Electric to anyone in need of a skilled electrician.

Description of Work
Full Electrical Upgrade New Panel Installation Installation of new countertop outlets

08/24/2016

Gloria F.

I called ACM for a second opinion and they did a wonderful job. They knew right away what the problem was. The previous company was going to tear the walls for $$$... ACM did not have to do none of that. They were professional, well manner and friendly. I will recommend ACM to anyone who is in need of an electrician.

Description of Work
Outlet malfunction.

05/23/2016

Khari P.

I don't normally write reviews on the internet. However, I felt compelled to write one here. I joined angies list because it was recommended by a friend. I really did not have good experiences with some providers before that is why i joined and I am glad that I did. First, I contacted a few companies concerning this problem but they were not responsive. This company was very responsive. Second, when we made an appointment for them to be here at 4pm, they promptly called me at 4pm to say they were outside. Third, the individual who came was polite and professional. He was here for over an hour troubleshooting the problem. After that time we, or should I say, he found out the problem which was mostly my fault since I forgot to tell him there was one more outlet behind my bed. My lights returned and I was happy. Then he asked me for a broom so he could clean up. I told him that was okay because I felt bad he was here for over an hour for a service call fee. I can honestly say, this company was great and professional and I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
repair electrical outlet.

08/28/2015

Philip D.

Two men came over, weren't here 5mins, took 2-3mins downstairs and came back upstairs. All they did was throw a switch to put the circuit breaker back. They charged me $157.87 and seemed unprofessional like they pulled a fast one on us. When I contacted them about the price, they claimed that they sent two men out so we had to pay for both. I also asked them about the 10% Angie's List discount they have for senior citizens but they said they're giving us a break already and refused to honor that discount. I feel that they overcharged me so I spoke to the owner of the company and he said he knows it sounds like a lot but they can't help that the men fixed it right away. All they did was throw a switch (I couldn't do it because I was just in the hospital) and they said that they would give me a discount next time. I requested that they send a check to compensate me for part of the fee but they said the bill is final.

Description of Work
Electricity to the kitchen went out so we called them to come out and take a look at the issue

01/27/2015

Olivia M.

I gave the provider a call and scheduled an appointment for Monday the 26th at 7:30am, to have someone come to my home and provide an estimate for the work that I needed. No one ever showed, nor did I receive any type of communication that they were unable to make it. It's very disappointing.

Description of Work
N/A: no service was performed

12/22/2014

Qasim S.

I had the pleasure of speaking with both Michael and Anthony from ACM over the telephone. All my calls were answered promptly. I was easily able to arrange a convenient time and day for a free estimate. Anthony showed up on time for the initial estimate and went over the details of the work that I requested. He spent the time to answer all my questions and concerns. He explained what the work would entail and how long it would take (1 day in my case). In fact he gave me a verbal estimate in person which was extremely reasonable in comparison to several other electricians whom I contacted. He immediately sent me a written proposal within one day. In contact with both Anthony and Micheal over email I was easily able to obtain the requirements of my condominium board (License #, Scope of Work, and Certificate of Insurance). Anthony agreed to do the work on the day I was available. He told me that he would begin at 8:30am and finish at 3pm, which is exactly what happened. During the work day, I noted he was experienced and attentive to detail. He took the time to answer all my questions at the time of install. He did a clean, neat, safe, and thorough job without rushing. I was very impressed and pleased with the work provided by Anthony and his company. Everything was done professionally and in a timely fashion without any problems. Anthony is a very easy going person who demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for his work. He does not cut corners and he does not play games. He is straightforward and does an honest job. Everything went smoothly from initial contact to final completion of the project. In Summary, ACM is a reliable, prompt, and thorough company that I would hire again and recommend to anyone in need of an electrician.

Description of Work
Install Kitchen Recessed Lighting Install Kitchen Island Pendant Lighting Outlets Install Dimmer Switches Install Electrical Outlets in the Bathrooms

Category electrician, lighting

10/07/2014

Eric M.

Mike and his team were great. Came quickly and gave me a fair quote that they kept to. Were very friendly and professional and took the extra steps to make sure we were happy. I had a technical problem with the ceiling fan itself, which had zero to do with the electricians, but they still worked with me to fix the problem. Fair and professional with quality work. They'll be the first ones I call the next time I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan as well as four other light fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

09/03/2014

Isael B.

Mike called me back and offered to make things right. I didn't realize the receipt was sent by mail. He also offered to install my new fan at an affordable price. Definitely plan to call back.

Description of Work
Electric fan

08/19/2014

Angelo T.

Did not provide a receipt for payment, promised to send one within a few days but have not heard from him since. Also supposed to send an estimate for cost to resolve the problem permanently. Again, nothing. Really disappointed and wondering how good Angie's List is...this company got a very good rating on your site which is why I used them. First time I used your services to find a repair company and probably will be the last. The reviews must be bogus because ACM Electrical is unprofessional and a waste of time and money. I will be contacting Angie's List to cancel my subscription.

Description of Work
Did not fix the problem, just gave a temporary solution using what amounts to a band aid.

06/30/2014

richard C.

They are very good. They were recommended by the manufacturing company. It was free because I was under warranty. They are very knowledgeable and very polite. The quality was good. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They repaired a dishwasher.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

06/29/2014

Marylyn T.

Punctual, reasonable price, knowledgeable, best interest of customer safety.

Description of Work
Estimate

05/24/2014

Jamilah H.

Job was done professionally.

Description of Work
Fix 2 electrical outlets and check wiring

05/21/2014

Stephen B.

I've had no problems. They got my electricity working again, and it turned out that Con Ed arrived to do some repairs before they were finished so they explained to me that they would send me a bill and they could send the bill to Con Ed, and Con Ed would probably reimburse me for it which they did. That all went smoothly. There is nothing special, but it certainly was an emergency call and they did come out promptly, solved the problem, and told me how to get reimbursed for it. I am a teacher and frequently A means you wowed me. They didn't wow me, but there was nothing to complain about. As far as I can tell, the quality was good. The Con Ed people came out to undo what they had done because it was no longer necessary, and they didn't say what a fool whoever has put it in.

Description of Work
I used ACM Electrical Contracting Corp. for electrical services last year.

02/18/2014

Mary Ann J.

I called around 8:30 am and was told they could be at my house between 11:00am and 12:00pm. They did arrive during that time frame and were courteous and professional. They were finished in less that half and hour with my outlet working again. I was pleasantly surprised that they were willing to do such a small job and come so quickly. I will definitely use they again and recommend they to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Repaired a ground fault interrupter outlet in the kitchen.

01/20/2014

Lilian K.

They came when they said they would and their prices were great. I would recommend their services.

Description of Work
I had an emergency situation for a tenant. They couldn't find anything at first, but found the issue on a repeat trip.