A-1 Tree and Stump Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2013

112 Gillette Rd

Mexico, NY 13114

A-1 Tree and Stump Service is a locally owned and operated tree and stump service....

tree service (30)

06/15/2021

The company never even bothered to call

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

10/14/2020

Excellent. Owner was very professional, prompt, and knowledgeable. He has clean, well-maintained equipment. When I found a small tree problem that was NOT part of the original job, he arrived quickly and fixed it for me without charge!

Description of Work
Stump grinding, tree removal, trimming.

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

04/09/2020

There's a mistake here. Your records need to be corrected. We did not use A-1 Tree and Stump service. Instead, we had the work done by Highland Tree Service, and they did a very nice job.

Description of Work
Your records are incorrect. See below

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

10/29/2019

It went very good. These 3 guys worked their ***** off and never stopped.

Description of Work
2 trees needed to come down!

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

08/29/2019

It went well. Harley and his crew came by with an estimate within a day of my initial call and went right to work. 3 1/2 hours to trim 3 maples and cut the pine tree down and cleanup. The one branch had to be scaled and carefully taken down due to the close proximity of my house and neighbors fence.

Description of Work
Three Maples trimmed. Small/medium pine cut down

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

07/19/2019

Got name from Angie's List. Called and left message I wanted an estimate for stump removals. Return call from Harley was prompt, but his interest and demeanor in providing free estimate waned as we spoke. Finally, as if to break things off, he thru out a ball-park price (much higher than competitors) and basically (implicitly) urged me to look elsewhere. So, without offering to look at the project...

Description of Work
Free estimate for stump grinding work

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

I'm sorry to see that you are unhappy with our phone call. I was actually trying to do you a favor by suggesting that you find someone in your area. As I explained to you, I'm an hour each way from you and that traveling would have to be figured into the price. Also, to say that I'm not highly rated with other service providers is simply not true. I'm glad you were able to find someone in your are...

06/07/2019

Harley came over within an hour of me calling. Walked through what I needed and set an appointment a week later. He could have came the next day but I hadn’t planned for such quick service. They were there on time, on the day they said they would which happened to be a holiday. He had plenty of help. All professional, fast and efficient! Excellent company! I highly recommend!

Description of Work
We needed two big stumps ground up, a dozen trees cut up and a few dead trees cut down.

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

10/16/2018

never came for estimate; hired someone else.

Description of Work
tree removal and trimming

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

I'm sorry for your inconvenience. We never had a confirmed date and time for your estimate. We always show up to our estimates and can sometimes even do the job same day.

07/13/2018

Decided we needed to get our trees under control. Harley came out the day after we called and walked around our property with us. We pointed out what we would like to have done and he suggested various things that could be done. Work was done quickly and professionally. We were pleased

Description of Work
Trees and Trimmed

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

05/15/2018

Excellent. Owner is responsive , timely and prices were very fair. Work was done quickly and cleanly. One tree needed to be climbed to be safely cut down. Neighbor saw his work at my house and then hired. I would definitely hire them again if I need trees removed.

Description of Work
Cut down 1 large, 2 medium and 3 small trees.

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

Review for A-1 Tree and Stump Service - 112 Gillette Rd, Mexico, NY - 37067481

Tree and stump removal, trimming, pruning, firewood