DAWN & THE BUSY BEES LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2006

126 BRIGHTMAN RD

Mechanicville, NY 12118

Dawn& The Busy Bees LLC. understands that your landscape is a dynamic part of your property that adds beauty and value. And that’s a responsibility we take very seriously. We provide flowerbed creations, maintenance and repair. Give us a call and get the best weeders in town. Trimming, mulching,

Tanya O.

They do a great job! I am very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup

Tanya O.

I would definitely recommend them because I am very satisfied with the service they are providing to me. They do a great job and they are professional.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup.

Tanya O.

They are professional and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup.

Tanya O.

They are very efficient and reasonable.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup

Tanya O.

They are reliable, efficient and reasonable.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup.

11/23/2020

A. T.

Dawn wouldn't even come out to see the job! This has not been a help as I still don't have someone to do the work.

Description of Work
Lawn clean up

08/12/2020

John M.

Dawn and her crew showed up on time as scheduled, and did a fantastic job. My house looks fantastic. this is the third time I have used her and her crew and have never been disappointed or had any problems I would highly recommend Dawn ☺️

Description of Work
Remove all shrubs from front, stump grind stumps that do not come out, put in two Alberta blue spruces and one limelight/quickfire hydrangea. Weed and trim around deck in back. Put down rubber mulch (provided by owner).

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

08/07/2020

Dave G.

The crew showed up at 9:30 AM as promised, and had everything wrapped up by 1:30 PM. They did a massively great job of cleaning out invasive Asian Bittersweet vines, Sumac & Maple saplings that were infesting the side and back of the house. They were quick and thorough with their work, and were excellent with the cleanup, too. I highly recommend them for their friendly and professional service, thank you!

Description of Work
Small Tree and Invasive Brush Removal and Cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed] I really appreciate it.

07/14/2020

Brian T.

Dawn and her crew were very professional and hard working. They did an amazing job cleaning up the wooded area at the back of our house and planting new roses at the front and adding compost for plants at the back. Really appreciate their work! Definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Cleaning up wooded area at the back of the house, add new roses at the front and removing weeds and adding compost for plants at the back of the house

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Glad you liked our services! Hope to see you again!

06/20/2019

Jerry R.

Great! Dawn was great at guiding us on how to approach recovering our landscape. All work was done in one day by a extremely polite hard working crew. Outcome was beautiful, and now we can take care of our landscaping ourselves :)

Description of Work
Extensive weeding in mulch beds that had been neglected for a few years, mulching, resetting block border and adding river rock along foundation.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], Glad you were pleased with our work, we greatly appreciate it! Thanks, Dawn

04/21/2019

Judy C.

Dawn was very responsive and a pleasure to talk with. She seemed quite knowledgeable and made some very good suggestions. Not only did she arrive on time for our scheduled appointment, but she also emailed the proposal within a day as promised. My experience has been that this is highly unusual for contractors, but certainly very much appreciated. I did, however, choose to go with a different company, so I cannot evaluate her work.

Description of Work
Clean up of perennial garden beds around house, edging, new mulch, some taller shrubs removed or cut back and at least one new planting.

Category landscaping, mulch

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. I'm glad you were happy with the work provided. Thanks, Dawn

10/04/2018

Mike S.

Very responsive, offered alternate plan to save time and money. Arrived promptly with crew. Removed old plantings, mulched and cleaned up entire area.

Description of Work
Landscaping

09/06/2018

Karen T.

Went well. With the summer we’ve had, i was glad she could get to us.

Description of Work
Severe weeding and trimming of overgrowth . Two trees cut down, weed preventative applied

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!!

06/02/2018

Sharon K.

Could not have gone better, they truly are busy bees. They were friendly and courteous and went above and beyond. My yard looks beautiful and manicured.

Description of Work
Planted two bushes andsome boarder flowers, dug out a flower bed which was full of roots from a tree that was taken down and filled with composit soil. Also weeded front and back gardens, pruned a lavender plant and mulched both front and back gardens.

Category landscaping, mulch

05/29/2018

David R.

Very happy with the work, price, and interaction with Dawn. Very prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
Removed old mulch, pit new mulch down. Added border around back planters, laid stone under new deck.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

04/30/2018

Carol R.

Very thorough and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Yard clean-up, raking, hedge trimming, debris removal, etc.

05/04/2017

Yonduck S.

Contacted for seasonal contract quote for lawn care with mowing and weed control. Left my phone but never received call. Instead, some arbitrary unknown sub-contractor called me saying they can do mowing only. I found this very unpleasant and unprofessional in that 1. I contacted Dawn and Busy Bee, and NOT arbitrary sub-contractor, who is unable to provide weed control, which I specifically asked for the quote. 2. They have NEVER asked ahead if it was ok to share my contact to the sub-contractor. This was quite surprising and very unpleasant from the fact that they just gave away my info to someone that absolutely do not know and I have no intention to contact especially when I asked for quote for their service, not someone arbitrary. In short, this was very disappointing experience and I have high doubt about their professional work ethics. I will not contact or hire them in the future and will not recommend to anyone that I know.

Description of Work
Quote for seasonal lawn care contract

10/19/2016

Anne D.

We've used them several times and have been very happy with her.

Description of Work
They did a lot of bush and tree trimming and weeding for us.

09/27/2016

Judy W.

Dawn and her crew were efficient, knowledgeable, and neat. They asked my opinion when they thought something should be pruned at a certain spot, before they actually did it. That was appreciated. Dawn charged us less than the original estimate as the work when quicker than anticipated. I did not give an 'A' rating on communication, but few days lapse was probably because Dawn and the Busy Bees are very good and thus very busy!

Description of Work
Three trees/shrubs along the foundation were removed, the stumps ground out, and new items planted. In addition, larger trees on the property were trimmed and a very large branch was removed from a major tree.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

07/02/2016

Chris H.

Work was efficient. Responsiveness was not. Wish communication was better, as it would have helped me maintain the work performed. In addition, not all work was done initially. Had to call back to finish, which was done promptly. Otherwise, work done as promised.

Description of Work
Seeded lawn

06/25/2016

Ellen T.

Dawn and her four workers were excellent. They were professional, efficient and thorough. They did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Reset stone steps and edges of several garden beds, weeded beds and walkways, refreshed walkways with small stones, mulched garden beds.

06/19/2016

Dominick B.

Dawn does exactly what she promises and exactly when she said she would deliver. Her crew is professional and hard-working, and I could not be more pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Weeding and trimming of flowers and shrubs on a monthly basis

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you[member name removed] See you at the end of the month.

06/16/2016

Maura M.

She came out and assessed the property exactly when she said she would, even though the weather was awful. She got back to me within a day or two, with a detailed estimate and patiently explained her plan and costs. Her costs were in line with other estimates I got, which were a bit more than I'd expected, so I decided to hold off. However, she was so extremely professional and pleasant to deal with that feel confident in recommending her (and I have, in fact, by word of mouth), and would certainly hire her in the future.

Description of Work
I asked Dawn for an estimate, and unlike many providers at this time of year, she got back to me immediately.

06/09/2016

Miten N.

Great team very hard working, punctual, responsive and very skilled.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup. Mulching, laying stones in front of the house.

05/11/2016

Jessica B.

I moved into my house and it has great garden areas, but the former owners had been ill and the gardens had fallen into disrepair. I was overwhelmed, both by the amount of work and by my own ignorance about gardening. Dawn and the team came in and spruced everything up and it looks fantastic. In addition, they educated me on certain things in the yard - even looking for poison ivy when I mentioned that I'd had a reaction to something. They're great and I'd absolutely use them again!

Description of Work
Weeding/clearing garden areas (4 specific garden areas), new mulch (gardens plus trees/shrubs), clearing old border materials and adding new borders and rocks (two separate areas), trimmed shrubs, cleared an infestation of bittersweet in the middle of a raspberry patch.