Better Kept Properties Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2009

PO Box 224

Massapequa, NY 11758

Licensed & Insured: Nassau and Suffolk Counties Member: Better Business Bureau Member: Massapequa Chamber of Commerce We Have Over 25 Years of Experience and Have Completed Thousands of Jobs for Our Satisfied Clients....

06/21/2020

Glenn C.

Stoop came out nice but now have water coming into my basement. Asked Peter to come look at it and he never shows up when he tells you he is then just pops over when he’s ready. Agreed on price to make repairs and that’s the last I heard or saw him. Do yourself a favor and find someone to do work for you because once this guy gets paid you’ll never see him again!!

Description of Work
Reface stoop take out old pavers and replace with brownstone.

Category masonry, chimney repair

05/08/2015

Eleanor K.

i notified Peter and sent pictures of the stoop and when I told him it was a potential liability for his company with my elderly sick parents he sent people to fix it so it was usable. When i sent a text asking when they were coming to finish it he told me within a couple of days. Never happened. I was given 3 subsequent non existent dates. I was told my job was too small and he had more important things to do right now. The part he did do has chunks missing by the way. I have now hired another company to repair his companys shoddy work. Never use this company.

Description of Work
Installed stoop for me which crumbled in a year

Category landscaping

04/09/2015

martin P.

Not well. Work crews shoed up late, lacking the proper materials ( I supplied the tiles, but the were given samples prior ) Grouting was not finished around the walls, a few tiles needed leveling (and still do). The owner was called repeately and made appointments to come over which he never kept. ,A letter was sent to him threatening a lawsuit. He contacted me to set up an appointment to review the problems but never showed up. e mails went unanswered, phone calls went unreturned, appointments went unkept. As I have more pressing matters to attend to, this fell to a low priority. He has never attempted to follow up or even to come over and view the work. He never inspected the final product. I paid him with the understanding that he would finish the grouting arond the walls. So much for trust. My opinion - A fly by night operation, perhaps suited to cleanup yard work, but nothing requiring a trade skill.

Description of Work
Better Kept Properties removed and then installed a tile floor in the basement of my home, damaged in the Sandy Hurricane I hired them to do interior work based on their performance of some exterior jobs they did for me. One skill does not translate necessarily to another.

Category landscaping

06/26/2014

Lawrence L.

Excellent work. Owner on site - directing work at all times. Quality material and workmanship. Price very fair. Have recommended BKP to friends, and would call again for other services.

Description of Work
Excavated, formed, and poured concrete for our driveway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators

06/04/2014

Nathaniel E.

After takeing several bids on the job I chose Peter as my landscaper. He and his men were considerate ans hard working. Peter bent over backwards to make sure the job was done right and that we were satisfied. I'm very pleased by the overall improvement of my home's appearance and my new outdoor living space. I'd recommend Better Kept Properties to any serious homeowner.

Description of Work
Graded entire yard for drainage, installed paver driveway, walkway, front steps, and patio, seeded lawn and installed basement window wells.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

02/24/2014

Garret R.

Everything went fine. We did have to watch that everything went according to plan when the owner wasn't around. The workers were very accomodating to anything we asked them to do. These workers did excellant work. The only negative was trying to get in contact with the owner when we had some questions. He was very poor at returning phone calls.

Description of Work
Installed interlocking pavers for driveway, driveway apron, walkway, Masonary retaining wall .for flower beds and driveway and front grass. Installed new 60 ft sidewalk and front stoop. Installed 7 zone sprinkler system.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, hardscaping

05/12/2013

chris O.

Peter was very nice and professional. I asked him for his input and ideas and he laid it out perfectly. Basically his crew came in and demoed a deck and bushes that were ruined from Hurricane Sandy. They then build a beautiful patio with rounded stairs and a walkway throughout my backyard. I will be using him to do the rest of the landscaping because his work came out amazing. My wife and i love it...kids too =)

Description of Work
Demo & Cleanup of deck and bushes ruined from Sandy. Designed & built a patio and backyard with pavers

Category decks, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

11/07/2011

DOROTHY B.

He was an nice guy, but the prices were too high.

Description of Work
Estimate for stoop replacement, walk way and driveway amprine and part of sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry

10/12/2011

Brad S.

Description of Work
The owner, Peter, came out to my house for an estimate to lay a new driveway, treat my lawn and grade my peoperty away from the foundation. A few days later I received a detailed quote via email for the work. Peter provided a quote that was in line with his competitors for the driveway and a little more than I wanted to spend for the landscaping work. I decided not to do any major projects this year, but will keep Peter's company in mind for the future as he was very knowledgeable - explaining everything we needed thoroughly and also because of the quality of his work seen on his website.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping

09/12/2011

Elaine M.

I never received so much as a courtesy call from this contractor. Unresponsive and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Foundation

Category masonry

08/09/2011

arleen P.

ongoing lawncare. spring to fall. also does masonry work.

Description of Work
BKp has been doing my lawn and shrub work for over 2 yrs. Peter is always available to take calls about special projects I want to complete in my yard. Honest, fair price.

Category landscaping, lawn service

08/04/2011

Tracey S.

I have been calling them for a long time and they will not call me back. I give up on them.

Description of Work
I called them to look at my chimney.

Category concrete repair, masonry

BKP is extremely disappointed in the member recollection and inaccuracy regarding her requested chimney estimate. As BKP's Admin, the member's call was returned within 24 hours of receipt. She and I spoke at great length about an injury she had that required Physical Therapy, her thoughts on God and her philosophy of "Getting out of your own way so that God could do his thing" and of course, the best day/time for her BKP chimney estimate. 8am was the best time for her. Our first conversation ended with these next steps: I would contact my boss and arrange for a mutually convenient 8am meeting time, while the member would check on rearranging her therapy schedule for the week. I called the member back the very same afternoon, offering her a Tuesday or Wednesday 8am meeting time. She never returned that phone call. We have never heard from her again. At BKP, we are dedicated to professionalism, punctuality and quality. In most cases you try and see the customer's point of view so that you can say "the customer is always right". In this case, however, the customer is simply, wrong.

07/23/2011

Eric W.

I would also like to note that even though I live in Queens and Better Kept Properties mainly services the Long Island region. Peter was willing to bring his crew out to Queens to perform any project.. Service is always key in this line of work.

Description of Work
Even though I did not have the work done by Better Kept Properties. I wanted to quickly write that both Peter and Jerelyn were really responsive to my e-mails. They always got back to me within 1 day max. I am currently working on another project and that is the only reason I have not contracted BKP but their price and service seems reasonable.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service

07/05/2011

Lisa R.

They were okay. I had asked them for snow removal, but I found them to be expensive. Once I found someone else to do my landscaping, I found that I had paid a lot of money to this company for snow removal. The guy charged me extra because I was not in the home area. I called him during springtime about doing my landscaping, but he never called me back. When I was planning to move into my home, he cleared the snow away. I did not know anybody else in the area. He did the job and he did it very fast. However, when I had the time to shop around for the next season, I realized that he was quite expensive. He was professional, though. The snow removal cost me $100. He came out to do the snow removal but not for the landscaping work. I will not use his services again in the future.

Description of Work
BetterKept Properties Inc. removed snow for me, two years ago. He removed snow from the sidewalks and the driveway.

06/29/2011

Christine G.

We only met for an estimate, but Peter was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Description of Work
This contrator's estimate was a bit higher than 5 others we received. We selected a contractor who is doing a little more work and still not charging as much at Peter!

Category concrete driveways, masonry

06/28/2011

AUDREY K.

I was very pleased with them. The backyard is coming along very well. The work cost me $4000. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
BetterKept Properties Inc. did the landscaping in the backyard, two months ago. They also reset the paving stones and put in a new grassy area. They took out the patio blocks that were already in the yard and redesigned the patio. They replaced the blocks after that. They also do the lawn every week.

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry

01/05/2011

Larry F.

I was out-of-town when a big snow storm was hitting my home area. I called this company on Sunday to have them remove the snow from my property and we agreed on the work being done. I told him that I would be returning on Wednesday. He said he would have the work completed by then and would call me back when the job was done. I had not heard back and called again on Wednesday. I was told that the work was not done, with no explanation. It was as if he never heard of me. Since I was returning that night, I needed the work done immediately and we agreed he would do it that day. When I arrived home, I found that he had done an excellent cleanup job. Everything was done perfectly. Despite the initial problem, I would use this company again since they wound up doing an excellent job.

Description of Work
Removed all snow from front walkway, sidewalk, driveway and car in driveway.

12/13/2010

Mark H.

The price for the original estimate seemed a little high but he said if we ended up not needing all of the work he would lower the price. In the end he did lower the price a little. They did a good job and the units are nice. He was a nice guy and was very personable. They got the job done quickly without cutting corners.

Description of Work
They replaced an old irrigation system, completely overhauling it.

Category irrigation systems

02/26/2010

Lisa R.

I called Peter the day before a major snowstorm was forecast. He told me exactly what they would do and a price range depending on the amount of snow. He gave me a cell number to reach him when I wanted him to come over. He came with 3 men who quickly cleared away about 8 inches of heavy wet snow from my sidewalk, driveway and the walkway to my front and side doors. They cleaned off most of the snow from 2 cars too. Fast, reliable, and professional service.

Description of Work
Removed snow from sidewalk, driveway, walkway to house and cleared snow off cars. Put calcium chloride on the walkway

12/24/2009

JONATHAN G.

I can't say enough good things about working with Peter. My mom lives on Long Island and I live in Ohio. Makes it impossible for me to shovel her out when snow hits. A big storm was on it's way (well over a foot of snow) and my mom had just had surgery. There was NO way she would be able to get out of her house until the snow melted. I got Peter's name and number off of Angie's and left him a message. Peter got back to me that night. The next day we arranged that he would do snow removal for my mom whenever a storm hit. What really made Pete stand out was he was willing to work with me even though I'm located in another state. A LOT of guys wouldn't do that unless they had cash in hand. If that wasn't enough, Pete went beyond the usual snow removal for my mom. He cleared my mom's car and even cleared her a space on the street. My mom told me Pete was even nice enough to help the lady that lived across the street who was struggling to get her car out. Pete went above and beyond in every phase of the job. He knew a bad storm was coming, that my mom was hurting, and that her son couldn't help out. Peter did right by me and my mom and I'm grateful that he took the job on short notice and didn't let the fact that I was in another state stop him from working with me. He not only does great work, he's a really decent person. Real nice combination for contractor to have and, sadly, all too rare. Pete's top notch in my book.

Description of Work
Removed all the snow from my elderly mother's driveway, sidewalks, steps, and even her car. On top of that, Peter and his crew even cleared a parking space for my mom on the street.

10/25/2009

BRUCE B.

Peter and his crew efficiently removed the broken cement sections, cut away some roots and set up forms for pouring new concrete the next day. The whole job which included 12 new sidewalk slabs, was completed it 2 days from start to finish. This also included repair of what little damage was done to the surrounding lawn and total clean-up of the area. Peter was on the job with his 3 man crew and all were very courteous speedy and neat. I would definitely use them again and would recommend BKP in the future.

Description of Work
removed damaged sidewalk sections and installed new ones.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, masonry

Lucas Landscape and Masonry Design

I offer a service guaranteed your satisfaction, clean and detailed, with affordable prices.

Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Applications-brick, mason & concrete. Patios. Stoops. Chimneys. Fireplaces. Pavers. Paths. Driveways. Cobblestone. Curbing. Landscape architecture & maintenance. Property maintenance. Tree & shrub planting & removal. Lawn cuts. Fall leaf clean ups. Rock & slate pate paths & walls. Sprinkler systems. Excavations. Snow removal.