Richair Comfort Solutions

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2011

6106 Maurice Ave

Maspeth, NY 11378

Established in 1994. After many years being in business, in July of 2007 we adopted new philosophy: "We should do only one thing, but we must do it really good." Since then, ductless mini split Systems, that is all we do! Carefully choosing right installers, constantly training, hand-picking quality materials and equipment - we want to make sure you get the best. By the end of 2008 we have installed more than 300 systems and became really proficient at it. That is because our technicians install ductless systems every single day (of course when weather permits). By now, more than a thousand systems have been installed, and more than a thousand happy customers enjoying their efficient comfort! Call us today to schedule an appointment at your convenience. We will be happy to help!...

04/07/2021

J J.

Went very well, technician was punctual and work went very well.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance of three mini split air conditioner

04/06/2021

Jed A.

The quality of work was excellent, I was given an exceptionally competitive price, workers were professionally trained, job was completed on time, and was given a 12-year warranty. The back office staff are excellent and responsive. One of my best experiences with an A/C contractor in 44 years.

Description of Work
Installed 3 heat pumps in my apartment building

03/09/2021

Patrick R.

Superb job by the team from Richair They were courteous and professional They were very safety conscious too (masks) They came on time, when expected and gave great customer service As an added bonus the price was very competitive for the best rated system ! A high quality outfit that I would hire again and strongly recommend

Description of Work
Mitsubishi Electric Mini Split Installation

01/13/2021

Bert I.

Great service from start to finish. Verry proffesional. They follow up and walk you trough the process. The team that came was fast,efficient and they cleaned up after they left. The service tech that came explained things very well including warranty and maintenance.

Description of Work
split unit

01/07/2021

Ingeborg P.

The technician Robert Striffolino did an amazing job. He was very detail oriented and thorough and taking care of all 5 units. He didn't rush through the job. He answered all of questions patiently. He went above and beyond what he was expected to do.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance of Split air units

10/14/2020

Chuck S.

Everything went extremely well. Professionalism A+. All my questions were answered and the job was performed to my expectations. Would highly recommend Richair for any work or installation. I’m so happy I chose them.

Description of Work
Maintenance check/cleaning on Mitsubishi ductless unit in my business

07/27/2020

Suzan F.

When I found the air not cooling I called Richair and they sent the tech. He tested the entire system and found it was the Front bedroom where the leak was due to a crack. He explained what happened, what needed to be ordered and replaced, gave me an estimate, I agreed then called the office to pay so the part can be ordered . He recharged the system so the other units could work properly. Four days later I received a call to say the part came in. We scheduled an appointment. Their tech cane and worked on the unit. He finished the job, caulked around the outside of the tube, replaced the covers , cleaned up everything . He explained the warranty on the work.! Everything is working superbly. Need installing or just maintenance and repair RichAir is the company to get the job done right!

Description of Work
A coil cracked in one of the ductless units . Did a thorough test and found it.

06/27/2020

Susan M.

Richair installed 3 Mitsubishi dual zone mini-split AC units in our apartment last spring and we thankfully purchased a service contract because the one in our bedroom began leaking water inside on Monday night. I called first thing Tuesday AM and got an appointment set for Thursday afternoon. The tech showed up at the exact time of the appointment, Richair called Wednesday to reconfirm too. The tech was wearing a mask, very polite and assessed the issue, fixed it and tested the machine in under an hour. Happy with the service and the overall professionalism I’ve experienced with Richair.

Description of Work
Repair Mitsubishi Dual Zone mini-split

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad the leak issue has been resolved. Thank you for your rating

11/19/2019

Christina H.

Knowledgeable technician was able to assist. The job went well.

Description of Work
Boiler Tuneup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad your heating issue has been resolved. Thank you for your rating

08/07/2019

J J.

Went well. Technician was very professional, couldn't believe the buildup of dirt on drum.

Description of Work
Cleaning of drums inside 2 split AC's.

07/14/2019

Gerri C.

It was installed in Feb 2019. I have had the system for a few months now and it works great. I originally bought if for the AC, but it also comes with a heater and dehumidifier. This is really good to have here in the Northeast US when the weather is unpredictable in the Spring. The heater worked great and I was able to lower my gas thermostat when it got chillier in the Spring, but not freezing. Then the weather would get hot a few days later and I would turn on the AC. Now it’s summer and the AC is powerful and quiet. I turn on the dehumidifier in the basement and it gets so cold I don’t even need to turn on the AC. The system is pricey, but I think worth the investment if you want overall comfort. I did notice that my electric/gas bill has gone down but this is only for the 4 months since I installed the system. I will see how it is during the summer when the AC is running often. The installation took a little longer than expected, but I feel Richair was thorough to ensure there were no leaks in the pipes. One think that surprised me when I first saw it installed was how the unit and piping look bulky on the exterior of my small house. But I’ve gotten used to it and feel the comfort inside outweighs the additions to the exterior. I’m happy I bought it!

Description of Work
Installed 2 ductless mini split systems with 6 zones (Wall units) in my 1950’s Cape Cod house

06/13/2019

Tina M.

They happen to be in our building and I ask for troubleshooting. Entered a ticket. They checked the roof top unit and refrigerant was fine but failed to bring a computer to trouble shoot the control panel. The whole purpose of the call was to figure out why when set a 70, AC doesn’t come on until 76. The only way to get temp is set at 68. Then sometimes it gets stuck on and you have to trick it off.

Description of Work
Trouble shooting Mitsubishi Citi Multistack

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you for feedback. We apologize for unpleasant experience, and investigating the issue.... not sure why you say "failed to bring laptop" as technicians do not carry laptops if there were no prior arrangements. In your situation the technician "happen to be in your building" for another job, he was not prepared to deal with [your] complicated troubleshooting. Extensive troubleshooting involving laptop (running troubleshooting app) requires a separate trip, on which the technician will have a laptop, without a doubt. Our Service Dispatcher will contact you shortly to schedule a "special" troubleshooting visit, with a laptop

05/21/2019

Jones J.

THE WORK WAS PERFORMED BY EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS. THEY KNEW HOW TO RESOLVE INSTALLATION ISSUES AND WENT BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.

Description of Work
MITUSUBISHI MULTI ZONE HVAC SYSTEM

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your kind words. Our teams are working hard, your feedback is very important to them

05/15/2019

Tom C.

Excellent Wonderful crew of installers. On time. Very neat job. A/C Works Great. Amanda is Great.

Description of Work
Ductless A/C and Heating

04/04/2019

Edwin A.

They are okay but very expensive and I’ll not hire them no more.

Description of Work
Heating system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review. I am sorry you had unpleasant experience. Since we did not perform the service, I believe there was no reason to give us an Overall "F". You might feel the repair was too expensive for you, but the "Price" is only one criteria. Did we really fail in Quality, Responsiveness, Punctuality or Professionalism? A member of our team will contact you to discuss how we can correct the issue

09/21/2018

Alexis L.

Great. We ended up with 15 mini-split blower units, and 3 compressors. The system works well and works quietly. The installation team was professional and competent. The maintenance crew has been polite and helpful. Overall, I've been impressed with this company.

Description of Work
Mini-split units for three apartments.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad you had pleasant experience. Thank you for your rating

05/15/2018

Peter K.

I have signed the contract with Richair Comfort Solution on Feb-14 2018 and the very next day I called Richair Comfort Solution to cancel this and I spoke to a man named Louis. We agreed on full refund as I was fully within cancellation rights and Mr. Louis advised me that it will take about a week for the refund to appear in my bank account. Since it didn't, I followed back again with Louis and he asked me to give it another few days. I have waited another week and since I still did not get my refund I called back and asked for Mr. Louis and at that time I was told that Louis is no longer with Richair Comfort Solution and I was transferred over to a manager Amanda where I explained the whole situation and Amanda mentioned she needs Regional Manager approval for this and will get back to me. Eventually refund was approved minus $310.15 for re-stocking fees. It took numerous emails back and forth between me and Amanda where I tried explaining this over and over again that I requested this to be cancelled the very next day with Mr. Louis when he was still with Richair Comfort Solution. Over the next 5 weeks this case is being escalated from Manager Amanda to Regional Manager to General Manager and eventually to owner Boris. Long story short they refused to issue me a full refund despite the fact that I requested this to be cancelled the very next day! I am very disappointed on Richair Comfort Solution tactics regarding this case and lesson learned here. When you need to cancel your order (even if it's the next day) don't just call them - you need to go over to them and request this in writing otherwise they will lie through their teeth and refuse to issue refund.

Description of Work
Signed Contract and then next day request cancellation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The complaint was thoroughly investigated, and closed by BBB. Richair provided necessary evidence (phone calls log and receipts) to support that the customer was "not entirely honest". [Member Name Removed] K. cancelled the project one month(!) after acceptance of the contract. The delay was entirely caused by [Member Name Removed] repeatedly not answering phone calls made to schedule the job. The job was all staged and ready to go. We refunded his deposit within 7 days from [real] cancellation date (3/14/18), but withheld restocking fee. Find more details here: https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/maspeth/profile/heating-and-air-conditioning/richair-comfort-solutions-0121-108153/complaints

05/10/2018

Michelle E.

If you need ac or heat installation or repair call this company! Forget everyone else just call Rich Air! Every bit of this transaction from customer service to sales to the installation team was flawless and fast! They completed the project in one day and left my apartment clean and tidy!!!

Description of Work
New ductless AC unit and condenser installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad you had pleasant experience. Thank you for your rating.

06/28/2017

mary G.

From start to finish, the project was flawless. We met with Peter who designed the appropriate system to meet our needs. He explained our options and the work schedule for the installation. The work went exactly as planned. The workers were able to coordinate with the electrician to ensure the wiring was sufficient for the system. Peter also recommended someone to remove the current through-the-wall room AC's and sleeves. This person also sheetrocked and painted, and bricked the exterior wall where the previous ACs had been. The entire project was completed in 5 days, just as planned. Richair' steam was meticulous in cleaning up each day when work was completed. A technician was scheduled to check the installation and also to explain to us how to operate it. We are so happy with the Mitsubishi system that's been installed. It's so quiet! It cools the rooms quickly! We can even activate our first floor unit remotely. It works like a charm! We are so happy that we used Richair for the install. Perfect from start to finish!

Description of Work
Installation of ductless AC system on 3 floors in brick house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your rating. We are working hard, and your opinion is very important to our team. Please spread the word, tell your neighbors, family and friends

05/23/2017

Peter N.

Workers did all that was required. They also explained the operation of the units. Cleaned all areas of work. The company encourages any follow-up questions that you might have.

Description of Work
Installed two ductless air conditioning systems.

04/12/2017

mark T.

Far and away the best experience I've had dealing with a contractor of any type. From design to installation without hitch or surprise. Everything Peter promised in the proposal was done by a top quality crew led by Roman. Everyone I dealt with was professional courteous and competent . I recommend Richair without reservation, and did I mention, very good pricing. Thanks to all!

Description of Work
Complex 4 room Mitsubishi Split Duct air conditioning system.

04/10/2017

ROBIN B.

The team came on time, did meticulous work and cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
I had whole ductless system installed.

03/27/2017

Rod O.

Terrific job. Also purchased the maintenance plan.

Description of Work
A Mitsubishi Electric unit was installed to service our porch and small bedroom for heating and cooling.

07/08/2016

Edith P.

Perfect from start to finish. They were extremely professional, on-time with installation, honest about what they were going to do , and extremely reasonable with pricing. The BEST ever!

Description of Work
Installed new multi 3 zone Mitsubishi ductless mini split system consisting of 3 indoor units and 1 outdoor unit

03/12/2016

Gary S.

A great experience from start to finish!!. The sales representative Peter M. was incredible. He took his time explaining all our options and was creative in finding solutions. He was extremely knowledgeable and came up with a way to connect the outdoor unit to the master bedroom, after being told by others that it was not possible. The technicians (Roman & Pablo)were accommodating in placing the units in the best locations. They were professional, courteous and punctual. They helped to put back drapes that needed to be repositioned. In addition Alex the supervisor was wonderful. He explained in detail how to operate the units. He took his time and answered all our questions.Everyone did a great job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Richair installed a split dual zone ductless consisting of a 24kBTU outdoor unit and a 9kBTU and a 18kBTU indoor unit. One unit was placed in our family room and one in our master bedroom.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your high rating. We are working hard, and your opinion is very important to our team. Please spread the word, tell your neighbors, family and friends