Mr Chimney

Founded 1970 • With Angi since December 2005

Mr Chimney is the chimney and fireplace expert! We are a family owned business serving Westchester County, Putnam County, Bronx, NYC, Brooklyn and Fairfield County, CT. since 1969! Our services include chimney sweeping, chimney inspections, fireplace cleaning, gas and oil furnace flue cleanings, boiler flue cleanings, hot water heater flue cleanings, gas grill sales, gas grill repairs, gas fireplace repairs, gas log set sales and gas log set repairs, wood stove and gas stove cleanings, chimney repairs, chimney restorations, fireplace restorations, gas fireplace sales and installations, wood stove sales and installations, gas and wood fireplace insert sales and installations, brickwork, waterproofing, gas log set sales, chimney rebuilding, chimney flashing repair, chimney crown repair, chimney rain cap installation, chimney exhaust fan installation, cleaning pizza ovens for restaurants, lining and relining chimney flues, metal chimney installations, solving smoke problems and solving draft issues. We are licensed & insured and service both residential and commercial clients. We take pride in being well known in NY State as a safe, reliable and honest company! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

+91 more images

Ventlesss gas log set

Ventlesss gas log set

chimney sweep2020
Installation of a gas log set

4.4

chimney repair (168)chimney sweep (102)chimney cap repair (39)fireplace services (31)asbestos removal (25)masonry (16)gas fireplace repair (3)water damage restoration (3)water heaters (2)dryer vent cleaning (1)air duct cleaning (1)firewood company (1)

08/09/2022

Kahiesia B.

They make sure the area was clean, there were no dirt. when they clean chimney they made a walk link to make sure that the house wouldn't get dirty. The supervisor is very knowledgeable they explained to me what they are doing and very professional and did a good job. They made recommendation of different fireplace design if i wanted to do upgrade in the future..

Description of Work
They replace my chimney lining. They cleaned my chimney out.

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

04/26/2022

KAYLA I.

Communication and scheduling were very efficient

Description of Work
clean and inspect chimneys

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

08/20/2020

Lyn W.

Mike was knowledgeable, honest and quickly diagnosed my unit and got it working. It was a simple fix, I just needed a new receiver and remote at a cost of $369. Even though my model is older and discontinued he came prepared with all the parts on his truck. I was very satisfied and already hired them for another job on my wood burning fireplace. Prior to them I had a bad experience with FLUETECH, who I originally hired based on their good reviews here. I had a completely different experience with them, feeling they were either grossly incompetent, or possibly dishonest (in order to sell a more expensive service at $10,000-$15,000!). I'm not sure which, but either way I give them an F rating for total failure. You can see my review of the bad experience with FlueTech here on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Repair of discontinued gas log fireplace

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Review for Mr Chimney - 529 Rockland Ave, Mamaroneck, NY - 38823357

06/24/2020

Austin S.

Excellent experience and work by professional/competent team of Jay and Edwin. Promptly arrived at scheduled time...completed work in 4 hours.....left site and work area clean and no debris. I would use Mr Chimney for other services.

Description of Work
Replace Chimney caps and crown and pointing repairs

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Review for Mr Chimney - 529 Rockland Ave, Mamaroneck, NY - 38667555

01/10/2020

Wenzhu M.

It went very well. These guys are professional and punctual. They’ve done a great job for us. They’ve also coordinated very well with the other parties for the bigger project. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
We needed asbestos removal and installation of liner through the chimney as a part of an oil to gas conversion project.

Category asbestos removal

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

12/28/2019

Charlie H.

A perfect service call. Friendly, remarkably helpful, left the place clean as a whistle. We couldn't be happier with the work.

Description of Work
They cleaned the chimney and fireplace, and reattached a chimney cap that had blown off.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/27/2019

12/16/2019

Katherine M.

Work completed in timely manner. They were attentive to cleanliness

Description of Work
gas fireplace repair

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

11/14/2019

BILL V.

Over the past winter I noticed a bad water leak inside my fireplace that had saturated the mortar and brick. A inspection revealed that the crown of the chimney was damaged and that water had run down interior of chimney and into fireplace. Pictures were taken of the crown and a visual inspection of smoke chamber with tech showed extensive damage within as well as top rows of fireplace brick that had loosened. I was advised not to use fireplace due to the damage. A new crown as well as a custom cap where installed on the exterior and smoke chamber was relined. Also the first two row of fireplace firebrick were removed and reset. Chimney flues were in great shape and chimney was swept as well. Thanks to Adam who supervised and coordinated the job and to my tech Francis who did all the work required over several days. The job progressed to my satisfaction and the crew were meticulous and clean while doing the work and upon completion with cleanup. Would not hesitate to use them again as they are well informed of the workings of chimney and fireplace.

Description of Work
Water leaking into fireplace from a damaged chimney crown

Category chimney sweep, water damage restoration, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

10/18/2019

Thomas S.

I called Mr. Chimney and was able to get an appointment within 2 weeks which was great given we are in peak season for such services. Communication was great in confirming the appointment and on the morning of the visit. Adam arrived well within the window. Before even coming in the house he looked outside to begin his assessment. His interior inspection was thorough. We are still relatively new in the house and had never used the fireplace so he gave some very helpful tips and hints. Adam was very friendly, courteous and informative. I would definitely use Mr. Chimney again for future needs.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection/Cleaning

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

08/31/2019

Dennis B.

Smoothly. I haven’t used fireplace yet to see how it functioned.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection/cleaning

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

06/05/2019

andrew P.

To be honest to work went great until it rained. There was a leak. Ken returned and saw no obvious leaks from above and suggested that I have a roofer inspect the flashing around the chimney. I had four roofers inspect the flashing and all four said it was not the cause. Ken returned an we did a leak down test, found the cause of the leak, and agreed to wait until a dry spell would present itself. Ken had a crew return, and fixed the area of concern. NO MORE LEAKS. I would highly recommend Ken, his crew, and Mr. Chimney to anyone looking for this type of repair. In fact, I am planning on having Ken return this Sept/Oct to install/ repair my fireplace for the winter.

Description of Work
Repointing of chimney stone

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

06/04/2019

Robert S.

I had several estimates from roofers and chimney repair services. Adam was able to identify the issue, suggest a solution and gave a reasonable estimate in a short amount of time. Once we agreed on a date, Jay any his crew completed the job in the two days as expected including setting up and taking down scaffolding We have had several instances of heavy rain since the job and my attic has remained dry.

Description of Work
Repair of leaking chimney

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

05/31/2019

Danielle C.

Mr Chimney had great pricing and wonderful employees. Adam helped us with our repair and thoroughly explained the process. Work was done in time promised and if we had any questions Adam was there to assist. Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

05/29/2019

Tim B.

Excellent from first phone call. Kept me informed along the way and did superior work.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

05/29/2019

Teresa M.

Went great. No issues. Woukd definitely recommend them!!

Description of Work
Needed new chimney flashing done in order to close on the sale of my house. Mr. Chimney came out to give an estimate quickly and work was completed within the following 2 weeks.

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

05/23/2019

Joe M.

Mr Chimney came to my home to remove a birds nest, cleaned both the fireplace and the furnace flues and installed a chimney cap. Price was reasonable and the guys who came were professional. I have already referred them to friends. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Bird nest removal, fireplace cleaning

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

12/18/2018

Robert S.

These guys were great. Prompt. Professional. Went above and beyond. Quality work.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaned & Chimney Liner Installed

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

12/04/2018

Michael M.

They responded to my e-mail right away and the lady could not be nicer with the quote and the scheduling, They confirmed apt two days prior. I had a window between 2pm to 5pm. Left work early to meet. Then received call around 4:30 saying technician was running late would not be there until 5:30 - 6. Tech showed up and looked at wood fire place and said it was clean and did not need to be done. OK . They took about ten minutes to clean boiler flue out with a brush on a snake and a regular vacuum cleaner. Then proceeded to service propane fireplace. Everything was done inside the house. At no point did they go on roof to look at chimney which was odd. I thought they cleaned it from the top and bottom. I feel like the job was rushed because it was so late and don't think it was worth the $420

Description of Work
Chimney sweep, boiler flue cleaned and propane fireplace serviced

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

12/03/2018

Cassie S.

There was a bit of a mix up with the timing. The office called to let me know they were running late, but they ended up showing up at the end of the original window. Otherwise, everything went smoothly. They worked quickly and efficiently and were very courteous and professional. Would use their service again.

Description of Work
chimney sweep and inspection

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

11/12/2018

M Christine Z.

Adam was on time, called ahead, professional and did a good job. I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Chimney flue cleaning

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

10/31/2018

DEIDRE M.

It turned out to be a simple thing - it had gotten off track. The tech was able to fix it in about 15 seconds. He just charged me for an inspection fee.

Description of Work
My damper wasn’t working

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

09/11/2018

P M.

We were surprised to discover the poor condition of the rooftop brickwork after closing on our house; the inspection did not accurately reflect the condition. Alas once we knew replacement was needed, Mr. Chimney's team did impeccable work on 1. the lower chimney masonry accessed from inside the house and 2. replacement of the brickwork & cap on the outdoor rooftop portion of the chimney. The entire team was considerate - sales intake/review, phone scheduling, and the hardest parts: the interior and exterior masonry. We appreciated that the expertise in interior and exterior were handled by unique masonry experts. Clean up was also carefully completed for both interior and exterior. The McCracken sub-brand name is off-putting for sure, it's better for pub night team good times than company branding, alas on the bright side we were happy to know that the team puts a priority on quality work but also has a sense of humor.

Description of Work
Repair chimney & replace cap

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/26/2018