Mr Chimney

Mamaroneck, NY 10543

Ventlesss gas log set

Ventlesss gas log set

chimney sweep2020
Installation of a gas log set

Mr Chimney is the chimney and fireplace expert! We are a family owned business serving Westchester County, Putnam County, Bronx, NYC, Brooklyn and Fairfield County, CT. since 1969! Our services include chimney sweeping, chimney inspections, fireplace cleaning, gas and oil furnace flue cleanings, boiler flue cleanings, hot water heater flue cleanings, gas grill sales, gas grill repairs, gas fireplace repairs, gas log set sales and gas log set repairs, wood stove and gas stove cleanings, chimney repairs, chimney restorations, fireplace restorations, gas fireplace sales and installations, wood stove sales and installations, gas and wood fireplace insert sales and installations, brickwork, waterproofing, gas log set sales, chimney rebuilding, chimney flashing repair, chimney crown repair, chimney rain cap installation, chimney exhaust fan installation, cleaning pizza ovens for restaurants, lining and relining chimney flues, metal chimney installations, solving smoke problems and solving draft issues. We are licensed & insured and service both residential and commercial clients. We take pride in being well known in NY State as a safe, reliable and honest company! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!...

4.4

chimney repair (168)chimney sweep (101)chimney cap repair (39)fireplace services (31)asbestos removal (25)masonry (16)gas fireplace repair (3)water damage restoration (3)water heaters (2)dryer vent cleaning (1)air duct cleaning (1)firewood company (1)

04/26/2022

KAYLA I.

Communication and scheduling were very efficient

Description of Work
clean and inspect chimneys

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

08/20/2020

Lyn W.

Mike was knowledgeable, honest and quickly diagnosed my unit and got it working. It was a simple fix, I just needed a new receiver and remote at a cost of $369. Even though my model is older and discontinued he came prepared with all the parts on his truck. I was very satisfied and already hired them for another job on my wood burning fireplace. Prior to them I had a bad experience with FLUETECH, who I originally hired based on their good reviews here. I had a completely different experience with them, feeling they were either grossly incompetent, or possibly dishonest (in order to sell a more expensive service at $10,000-$15,000!). I'm not sure which, but either way I give them an F rating for total failure. You can see my review of the bad experience with FlueTech here on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Repair of discontinued gas log fireplace

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Review for Mr Chimney - 529 Rockland Ave, Mamaroneck, NY - 38823357

06/24/2020

Austin S.

Excellent experience and work by professional/competent team of Jay and Edwin. Promptly arrived at scheduled time...completed work in 4 hours.....left site and work area clean and no debris. I would use Mr Chimney for other services.

Description of Work
Replace Chimney caps and crown and pointing repairs

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Review for Mr Chimney - 529 Rockland Ave, Mamaroneck, NY - 38667555

01/10/2020

Wenzhu M.

It went very well. These guys are professional and punctual. They’ve done a great job for us. They’ve also coordinated very well with the other parties for the bigger project. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
We needed asbestos removal and installation of liner through the chimney as a part of an oil to gas conversion project.

Category asbestos removal

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

12/28/2019

Charlie H.

A perfect service call. Friendly, remarkably helpful, left the place clean as a whistle. We couldn't be happier with the work.

Description of Work
They cleaned the chimney and fireplace, and reattached a chimney cap that had blown off.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/27/2019

12/16/2019

Katherine M.

Work completed in timely manner. They were attentive to cleanliness

Description of Work
gas fireplace repair

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

11/14/2019

BILL V.

Over the past winter I noticed a bad water leak inside my fireplace that had saturated the mortar and brick. A inspection revealed that the crown of the chimney was damaged and that water had run down interior of chimney and into fireplace. Pictures were taken of the crown and a visual inspection of smoke chamber with tech showed extensive damage within as well as top rows of fireplace brick that had loosened. I was advised not to use fireplace due to the damage. A new crown as well as a custom cap where installed on the exterior and smoke chamber was relined. Also the first two row of fireplace firebrick were removed and reset. Chimney flues were in great shape and chimney was swept as well. Thanks to Adam who supervised and coordinated the job and to my tech Francis who did all the work required over several days. The job progressed to my satisfaction and the crew were meticulous and clean while doing the work and upon completion with cleanup. Would not hesitate to use them again as they are well informed of the workings of chimney and fireplace.

Description of Work
Water leaking into fireplace from a damaged chimney crown

Category chimney sweep,water damage restoration,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

10/18/2019

Thomas S.

I called Mr. Chimney and was able to get an appointment within 2 weeks which was great given we are in peak season for such services. Communication was great in confirming the appointment and on the morning of the visit. Adam arrived well within the window. Before even coming in the house he looked outside to begin his assessment. His interior inspection was thorough. We are still relatively new in the house and had never used the fireplace so he gave some very helpful tips and hints. Adam was very friendly, courteous and informative. I would definitely use Mr. Chimney again for future needs.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection/Cleaning

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

08/31/2019

Dennis B.

Smoothly. I haven’t used fireplace yet to see how it functioned.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection/cleaning

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

06/05/2019

andrew P.

To be honest to work went great until it rained. There was a leak. Ken returned and saw no obvious leaks from above and suggested that I have a roofer inspect the flashing around the chimney. I had four roofers inspect the flashing and all four said it was not the cause. Ken returned an we did a leak down test, found the cause of the leak, and agreed to wait until a dry spell would present itself. Ken had a crew return, and fixed the area of concern. NO MORE LEAKS. I would highly recommend Ken, his crew, and Mr. Chimney to anyone looking for this type of repair. In fact, I am planning on having Ken return this Sept/Oct to install/ repair my fireplace for the winter.

Description of Work
Repointing of chimney stone

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

Mr Chimney's services include chimney sweeping, chimney inspections, chimney fans, metal chimneys, relining chimney flues, asbestos abatement, installation of chimney caps, Wood Burning Stoves, Gas and Oil Boiler Flue Cleaning, Gas Fireplace Inserts, Wood Fireplace Inserts, Freestanding Gas Stoves, Wood Stoves, Fireplace Glass Doors, Gas Log Sets. We also Repair Gas Fireplaces, Repair Gas Fireplace Inserts and Repair Gas Grills. We cover all chimney and fireplace related services.

ask for details