Schumacher & Farley Plumbing & Heating Corp

Founded 1946 • With Angi since May 2009

4.3

Financing available. Additional Email - fdoblersr@schumacherandfarley.com....

Longevity Environmental

We are here for the people with air quality. We do A/C and Air Duct Cleaning, And dryer vent cleaning.

Offers by Longevity Environmental on Angi
DNA Plumbing Contractors Inc.

DNA PLUMBING CONTRACTORS, INC. 2167 CROSS BRONX EXPRESSWAY BRONX, NY 10462 718-204-2121 FAX 718-822-7333 info@dnaplumbingnyc.com We are full-service Plumbing Contractors and Fire Protection Company. We are Fully Licensed and insured with The New York City Department of Buildings. License numbers NYC LMP 1343 and NYC FSC 443-B. We are Task 86 & 87 qualified for Natural Gas. In addition, we do Water and Sewer Main Contracting. We have been licensed for over 25 years serving New York City, all the Five boroughs. We also remove and correct violations relating to ECB Violations. We also do Plumbing repairs and we are extremely competitive. We install and repair hot water heaters, boilers, re-pipe buildings, etc. We follow OSHA’s infection prevention recommendations. including using engineering and administrative controls and safe work practices to protect workers and customers from exposure to COVID-19.

EMERGENCY PLUMBING & DRAIN CLEANING

Emergency Plumbing is your One Stop Shop for all your plumbing needs. If you have a plumbing problem or a clogged drain no need to look any further. Our highly trained professionals at Emergency Plumbing are here to help. With over 10 years of experience and hundreds of happy customers we work hard to fix your plumbing problem and earn your long term business. At Emergency Plumbing we are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week using the latest and greatest equipment to do the job once and most important do it right. For more information or a quote please call our toll free number (866-321-1113) and one of our trained plumbers will get back with you right away. The call is Free. THE SERVICE YOU WILL RECEIVE IS PRICELSS!

01/25/2017

Schumacher came over to assess what could be replaced with minimal work. He recommended replacing stems for the faucets but not replacing the fixtures, which would have required removing a tile wall and the kitchen ceiling below the bathroom. A couple days later, I made appointment for the work to be done. They scheduled for that afternoon, and plumbers came promptly, clearly discussed the costs, obtained the specialty replacement parts for the stem and handles, and soon had the leak fixed and new handles placed. Tub fixtures now look new and we avoided major tile work. Plumber also suggested we replace entire shower body plus the standing waste pipe (the pull for bathtub stopper, located on floor outside of tub) should we ever remodel the kitchen or bathroom; I appreciate his assessment of what to fix now and what to leave alone.

Description of Work
Fix leaky bathtub fixtures without tearing out walls/ceiling/floor. Home is 90 years old and fixture model is out-of-date.

08/11/2016

Susan C.

10/31/2015

Glenn R.

Tech came out and charged 250.00 dollar fee to come out on the weekend and 125.00 diagnostic fee. This was fair. He said the price of he thermo couple was 200.00 and the price of the gas valve was 400 dollars. In my opinion 1000.00 dollars to just change a thermo couple and gas valve was way over priced as the price to replace a thermo couple and gas valve is not worth 650 dollars. I feel I was ripped off on the price of the service to replace the parts.

Description of Work
Change thermo couple and gas valve to fix boiler because pilot light went out

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

10/30/2015

Grace C.

Description of Work
They were great in trying various ways to unblock a blockage in the sewere pipe from the bathroom to the front of the house. They came back 3 times, used camera andother equipment. When their equipment was not able to fix the blockage to the back of the house they gave me the name of a company that probably had the stronger equipment. And they did. I thought that was very professional of them. I would definitely use them again.

05/13/2014

Marie F.

They are very polite and helpful. They listen to my needs. I have been dealing with them for 45 years and I never have had a problem. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They came out to check my plumbing and drains for leaks. It is a free service for being a part of their program as much as I want. I pay an annual fee to have this done. It adds up to be about a dollar a day to be a part of the program. If any work needs to be done I then have to pay for the work.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

02/15/2014

Xiaowu X.

Our sewer line was getting backed up quite frequently. It was cleared each time by a technician with a snake machine. But we wanted to get to the root of the problem. After some googling, we called Schumacher and Farley after reading good reviews on Yelp. They came on 1/8/14 and I explained to them the problem. They said to find out the problem, the best bet was to do a camera inspection, which I agreed and was performed on a later time (1/31/14). They charged $705.60 for it and promised that footage would be uploaded and sent to me in a couple days. After a few days, after more internet search, I realized they over-charged me for this service. I emailed the company and someone called and explained that they billed me incorrectly for blockage clearance and camera inspection and promised a refund. He said the cost of camera inspection would be $400. I also mentioned about the footage from the camera inspection. Again, he said they would be sent in a couple days. After another few days, I realized it was billed $530 for the service which the man said would cost about $400. I called and I guess a manager explained to me that the man quote a range. I asked when the footage would be sent, and she said a couple days. The reason I hired them was to find out what is clogging the sewer line and present a list of options going forward. I have received nothing but a hefty charge. On their invoice, it says "customer service is our #1 focus" and the Yelp reviews mention reasonable charge. None of it is true with my experience.Will never use them again, and the Angies List reviews confirmed my experience. Wish I had checked them out earlier. Avoid!

Description of Work
Asked the company to do a camera inspection of the sewer line since it was getting backed up quite frequently

06/12/2013

Virginia B.

Schumacher and Farley Plumbing and Heating Corp. was very good. They were reliable. I called them and they came. We didn't have any problems. They're a pretty good company. They did everything they said they would. They saved us money. Their price was very good and very reasonable. I can't complain anything about them. They were just really accommodating.

Description of Work
We had our heater done by Schumacher & Farley Plumbing & Heating Corp. They replaced our boiler and heater.

Category water heater repair

01/29/2013

Peter M.

We have leaks from our 2nd-floor bathroom coming down into our 1st-floor living room. Both the bathroom drains and the riser (water coming up to the bathroom) leak. We currently have no water in the bathroom. If we leave it on, it leaks. Since fixing this problem will likely put holes in two floors our house and the cost could run into the thousands, we called three plumbers for estimates. Schumacher is the only one that charged for this service ($89), but that is their right and we agreed. When the plumber showed up, only my wife was home. The plumber wouldn't believe that the leak was coming from both the drain *and* the riser (incoming pipe). True, when things are dry, it does take a few minutes to saturate things before the water starts to flow through the living room ceiling. But it will start flowing in a few minutes. Trust us; we know! Instead, impatient, he flushed the toilet -- which also leaks -- and determined that was the only problem since the leak didn't start till the toilet was flushed. Well, now we're getting nowhere. Then he said he couldn't commit to an estimate until he could actually see how messed up things are behind the walls. He said punching a hole in our wall would cost $380. We understand a company may not be able to commit to an estimate without seeing the whole problem, but then don't charge for an estimate! So in effect we paid $89 for an estimate of receiving an estimate. Thanks for nothing. Today the company called to see if we wanted their services. I tried to explain that we weren't happy since we hadn’t received the estimate we paid for. The polite woman on the phone only wanted to know whether or not we wanted them to come back. Needless to say, we don't.

Description of Work
Charged $89 for an estimate we never received.

07/14/2011

Kevin D.

Not happy about them overcharging me. I won't be using them again.

Description of Work
We've used S&F for over 30 years. Called them to clear a shower drain. Their service charge is $179.00. BUT they called in a company that charges at MOST $99 (I know because I knew the guy from when I called this company to clear a clogged line in the basement. A MUCH bigger job). S&F first chargest me $179.00. I call and argue with them that one, this guy isn't a licensed plumber, he just clears drains with his machine and two, THEY DIDN'T DO THE JOB. They contracted it out to a company I could've called myself or they could've just gave me their number as I didn't think to call them at the time. I talked them down to $129.00 or $139.00 and they acted like they were doing me a favor. If I called the company myself, I'm sure they would've charged no more than $59 as they charge $99 for the larger drain line from house to street and back.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

05/04/2009

HENRI D.

I have alternated between them and another plumber, and the results haven't been great. They come out and look at things and promise to come back, but they do not. They 'yes' you to death, constantly saying they will get back to you but they never do. If it is something they can do right away there is generally no problem, but their responsiveness is definitely lacking. Their service has declined over the years, and I hope to not have to use them again.

Description of Work
I have used them for over 35 years, and most recently called them for a faulty flush mechanism.

Category plumbing

Stoppages Electrically Cleared, Including House Drains & Kitchen Sinks. Also, Cesspool service, Water Mains & Sewers Repaired or Replaced, Complete Replacement or Repairs of your Gas Heating Equipment, Repiping, Installations and new construction, Commercial Plumbing, Drain Cleaning,

ask for details