R J R IMPROVEMENTS INC

5509 FOREST HILL RD

LOCKPORT, NY 14094

10/10/2013

Will M.

Provider never returned my call for an estimate.

Description of Work
Provider was asked to provide an estimate demolishing a detached garage and building an attached to deck.

Category decks

03/14/2013

Rose H.

It was $5,000 for wood and $7,000 for vinyl so they gave me two detailed quotes. The quote was reasonable. The guy came as scheduled and he was very professional. I really liked him. We probably won't use him but I liked everything about him. He was the owner. They mailed the quotes to me very quickly.

Description of Work
I got a quote from R J R Improvements to build a deck on the back of our home.

Category decks

01/30/2013

Dennis F.

RJR is a first class contractor. Richard was friendly, professional, and his work was superb. We had him remove a sliding glass door from our second floor and replace it with a double window. He had to patch the outside siding and inside drywall. The job was well done and unless you knew the work was done you would be hard pressed to find it. We would hire him again in an instant. Oh, and the price was actually the lowest bid on the project, a pleasant addition.

Description of Work
replace sliding glass door

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

08/11/2011

Mark R.

Great.

Description of Work
Rick and his crew were prompt, couteous, and professional problem-solvers. I used them twice for $5000 jobs. One was to build a deck/porch onto my 140 year old house. They designed solutions using modern materials that blended with the old style. The first time I had them do work in my house was when I first bought it eight years ago. I told them how much I had to spend, what I wanted done, and what I envisioned. They refinished hardwood floors and hand made a beautiful built in wall bookcase that I've gotten lots of compliments on. When I was having carpeting installed upstairs and the installers found just loose boards under the linoleum, I called Rick and he was there first thing the next morning to install a sub-floor. Accommodating and really aims to please, with no BS. Top notch.

Category decks, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking

06/27/2011

Brian B.

Stephanie Lockwood called me right back and told me they would not be able to quote on my job due to the fact that they were already booked for the summer.

Description of Work
I was looking for quotes for a new concrete deck

Category decks, stamped concrete

08/05/2010

Mark R.

Very well.

Description of Work
Rick and his crew were prompt, professional, and instilled confidence. I called them a couple years later to rebuild a porch and had another very positive experience with them. Work done originally included a custom designed built in bookcase, wood floor refinishing, and new flooring. A touch pricey, but worth it for the professinalism.

Category decks, remodeling

10/24/2007

Mark B.

Rick and his associates installed the new roof in two and a half days. Garage ridge repair took one day. They worked diligently and efficiently all day and into the night. They were courteous and professional at all times.

Description of Work
New architectural roof shingles installed. Old shingles removed. Plywood replaced were necessary. Ice guard underlay installed. Ridge vents installed. Garage ridge board repaired and reinforced. All refuse removed and placed in dumpster.

Category contractors, roofing

09/26/2007

Mark B.

Although it took Rick a few days to respond to my call initially, and several weeks to get to the job, once started Rick and his crew worked diligently, about 12 hours per day for three days to get the job done. They were always polite, considerate and professional. Rick explained everything he was doing or about to do and answered any questions in a thorough and friendly manner. We are very satisfied with his work. In fact, we are considering hiring RJR for several other projects, including bathroom renovation and a new roof.

Description of Work
Replacement of main beam running length of house and beam under kitchen. Beam replaced with LVL 2x12s. Jack posts installed. House floors restored to level by jacking. Damaged joists repaired. Crawl space foundation walls insulated. Old floor insulation removed.

Category flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling, mudjacking

06/01/2007

Meri D.

Rick Rockwood was very professional and a hard worker. He and his crew started on the date they said they would and came promptly. Rick kept us informed of the progress. Rick subcontracted the drywall work and he was just as professional as Rick's crew. Rick installed a pocket door leading to the unfinished area in the wrong place. Once we told him about it, he without hesitation, moved the door to the proper placement. If you hire Rick, make sure you have your design done and know where you want everything, i.e., electrical outlets, lighting, doors, etc. Rick is not a designer, but he is a great worker and does quality work at a quick pace. I would recommend and hire him again.

Description of Work
This company finished our basement. They put up walls and trim, closed in open stairs leading down to the basement, put in electrical for lighting and outlets, installed the lighting and outlets and put in bifold, sliding and pocket doors. Rick DID NOT paint the walls or trim, spray the ceiling black or install the carpet.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, doors

12/28/2006

JOE I.

They arrived exactly when they said they would be there and completed the job quickly. I think their price is a little high, but I'm willing to pay extra for someone who performs such quality and professional work as Rick Rockwood and his crew.

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking single-handle water faucet on a bathroom vanity.

Category plumbing

09/28/2006

JOE I.

If you are looking for cheap, Rick is not your guy. However, I've never felt like I was being gouged or taken advantage of. If you want a real professional who conducts himself in a very business-like manner, you can't go wrong with Richard Rockwood. He is based out of his home in Lockport, so when you call, you will get his answering machine. He is very busy. Also, I don't know how far south he will travel. Unless you tell him in your message that the work you need done is urgent, it might take him a couple of days to call you back, but he will call. Once you have talked to him and scheduled a time for him to come by, he is very prompt. He is also very reliable with respect to arriving at the time he says he'll be there to perform the work. One other thing. Finishing our basement took a few days. We ended up allowing him access to our home while we were away, and I never once worried about doing so. As you can tell, we think he is the best home improvement guy out there.

Description of Work
Rick has performed several jobs for us. The largest job was totally finishing our basement. The only thing he didn't do on that was lay the carpet. He has also done many smaller jobs at different times. He has repaired a portion of our roof, he replaced several bathroom fixtures, he installed a water softener that I purchased over the Internet, he repaired a dryer vent, he replaced a large bedroom window, and most recently, he built a new deck.

Category appliance repair, decks, electrician, lighting, remodeling, roofing, water softeners, replacement windows

07/13/2006

RJR Improvements has done a lot of work for us. He is very professional. He did a very good job on my front steps.

Description of Work
RJR Improvements replaced my front steps. They had to pour concrete for creating them.

Category concrete repair

Watercure USA

We have been doing Residential and Business water treatment since 1986. We can service almost all treatment equipment. Upon completion of a thorough water analysis, at no charge to the customer, WaterCure USA will select, install and maintain the highest quality water purification and filtration system available. You are assured of purity, quality and dependability. Drinking water filters, shower filters and whole house filters for residential and commercial properties are our specialty!

JMW Builders

Solid reputation build on trust and years of experience! We offer an array of services! No job to big for us to handle! Family owned and operated since 2012. So Many happy homeowners and completed projects across Western N Y Call us now 7163802611

Romeo's Superior Home Improvements

Romeo's Superior Home Improvements & Repairs is a full service residential construction company with a solid track record of quality workmanship and expertise in construction. Romeo Troncone is the owner and is a NY licensed Home improvement contractor with over 27 years experience in construction, and customer service. Award winning.