Liverpool Village Animal Hospital

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

6770 Onondaga Lake Pkwy

Liverpool, NY 13088

Liverpool Village Animal Hospital is an AAHA accredited veterinary facility providing wellness care, surgery, dentistry and physical rehabilitation for your dog, cat or exotic pet. We are open Monday through Friday 7:30 am until 8:00 pm and on Saturday from 7:30 am until 2:00 pm. See our website at www.liverpoolvillagevets.com for the biographies of our eleven veterinarians....

08/24/2017

Maria B.

I use to bring to the pet store, and they wouldn't do it because my dogs tried to nip them because they didn't want to touch their feet. I called the vet and they go because pet stores won't put a muzzle on them, they are not allowed to put muzzles so the vets do it.

Description of Work
They did my dogs nail clippings, checked one of the dogs ears, had to get medication and bought other items.

06/15/2017

Alan C.

I take my pet there and he is taken care of. He also interact well with the staff.

Description of Work
Care for my pet.

05/16/2016

Patricia M.

They found that Kira had an ear infection, started treatment right away. Recommended a vaccine that had not been included in the past that - due to the number of raccoons & skunks in our area- he recommended would protect her overall health....he drew blood to check for heartworm (annually done at June visit but offered to do it now to save us money rather than another visit in a month!!!) Gave us the script to fill out after hearing the results next Gave us some advice on helping Kira loose a little more weight (she's about 5 to 7 pounds overweight) Dr. Pinneo really loves the animals - pets them, talks to them, responds to them!!! His 'bed-side' manners just makes one feel welcome & important!!! I had my grand-daughter (6 yrs) with me & he was so kind to her!!!

Description of Work
Brought our Boxer, Kira, in for suspected ear infection - Dr. Pinneo took samples, ran blood tests, completely checked her over (teeth, heart, lungs, feet, eyes) - had us wait while they checked the samples.

02/05/2015

Lisa T.

They are knowledgeable and Dr. Wocjik is willing to try minimal treatments and he does not push expensive medicine, if there is an alternative. I have been going there for about 14 years.

Description of Work
I went there a couple a weeks ago. My dog my vomiting.

06/03/2014

Diane C.

I like them very much. There are many doctors so I don't just go to one. They seem very up-to-date, and very, very technology savvy. I've done 2 visits there about 2 1/2 months ago today. They are average when it comes to pricing. It is always expensive to me. Their reception needs a little work.

Description of Work
Liverpool Village Animal Hospital took care of my cat when she had a cold. It cost $80 and the followup was $40 because she had to get a shot.

04/22/2014

Greg Z.

Dr. Streeter was a wonderful vet! Good beside manner (for both me and the cat) - listened to concerns and explained things well. Since my cat is indoor only, she listed the vaccinations that were not necessary based upon her likely exposures and state law, which is more than most past vets have done, and I really appreciated that. She also gave an honest assessment of dental health, and decided my cat did NOT need a cleaning, which was a surprise since I was nervous about being up-sold on dental cleanings. So, overall, very good veterinarian, honest about prices and needed services. Also, as a new patient, I got some items/services free of charge (nail clipping, advantage flea/tick treatment).

Description of Work
Establishing cat as a new patient at office; vaccinations and well-check

02/05/2014

Laura B.

Our cat seems to do well here. He is a very friendly cat and loves people. I would recommend for those that have a similar type cat. I will use them again when we go away.

Description of Work
We have boarded our cat when we go away.

11/26/2013

Lynne M.

I have used the boarding service on several occasions. My dogs always come home happy and clean (complimentary bath for all dogs staying 3 days or longer). You can drop off your pet during the regular clinic hours which is nice for those of us who work! The front desk staff and the techs are very friendly. Because they are also my regular vets, I feel comfortable that if there is a problem my pets will receive excellent care.

Description of Work
Provided boarding services for my 2 small breed dogs.

09/07/2013

Michelle L.

I have three cats and recently changed vets to Liverpool Animal Hospital. One of my cats was diagnosed with diabetes by Dr. Voss about 3 weeks ago. Prior to the diagnosis he offered various tests, with the pricing of the tests, and let me decide what tests I could afford. Once the diagnosis came back as diabetes, I had another visit with Dr. Voss where he thoroughly explained how to administer the insulin, signs to watch out for, and follow up testing that would need to be done to make sure the insulin dosage was correct. Recently, I had to bring in the same cat and one of my other cats, for their annual check up and vaccinations. This time, I saw Dr. Lin. We spoke at length about my concerns regarding one cat's appetite. She took the time to listen and offer suggestions. She was gentle with both cats and I think both cats were generally less upset than they normally are during vet visits. They have great hours, open until 8pm Monday-Friday, as well as being open on Saturdays. On one of my visits, the front desk was very busy, with the phone ringing, people coming in to pick up medications as well as the regular patients waiting to be seen. The front desk personnel were calm and professional. Everyone was helped quickly and politely.

Description of Work
Feline annual check-up and vaccinations.

09/04/2013

Rosemary B.

The cats were feral and the vat handled the cats with ease. The vet was professional and knew how to handle them.

Description of Work
They examined three kittens and gave them the distemper shot.

08/05/2013

Margaret N.

They are just very good, prompt, courteous, and very compassionate about animals.

Description of Work
We went to Liverpool Village Animal Hospital for veterinarian services.

05/31/2013

Dana H.

I just recently moved to the Syracuse area. M y boyfriend suggested this place, as he used to bring his dog here to see Dr. Wojcik. After an unsatisfactory visit to another area vet, I decided to schedule an appointment for my dog with Dr. Wojcik. I have taken my dog to over 10 different veterinary practices in various states throughout her lifetime, as I have moved frequently during her life. Therefore, I can assert that I have a lot of experience with a great variety of practices out there. Dr. Wojcik's care of my dog has been exemplary to date. He really takes the time to listen to what you are saying and takes detailed notes on his laptop. I really like that you don't waste your breath talking to a vet tech and then tell the vet the same thing you just told the vet tech. Instead, the vet techs weigh your dog and show you to an exam room. Otherwise, you speak directly to the vet about what your concerns are. Dr. Wojcik also personally does the nail clipping, etc. that I request, which is pretty unheard of and totally awesome. He has a calm demeanor around my dog, who is very high strung and a little unpredictable. She seems to be okay with him, which is great. All the receptionists and vet techs are also exceedingly nice and pleasant to deal with. I really feel like they go above and beyond at this practice. I have a great deal of faith in the medical care they provide. Two thumbs and four paws up for Liverpool Village Animal Hospital!

Description of Work
Check up for my dog. Office visit appointment cost was $45. Cost for medications I received not included in this price.

05/28/2013

Melody M.

All of the veterinarians at Liverpool Village Animal Hospital are excellent. They are wonderful. Dogs don't like to go to the veterinarian's, but my dogs are fine about going here. The staff is so attentive, kind, warm, and loving with the animals. It's an absolutely immaculate facility. They have evening hours which is very helpful for working people.

Description of Work
My dog was seen at Liverpool Village Animal Hospital for vaccinations.

04/30/2013

Ann R.

We have left our dogs boarding at Liverpool Village Animal Hospital several times, and they've always come back untraumatized. The boarding facilities are good. They are also my vet, so they are familiar with the dogs and they have the dogs' records. The boarding seems to go really well. We have had dogs for over 30 years and we have been placed where the dogs have come back sick or unhappy or all weirded out. We have had no problems with the boarding at Liverpool Village.

Description of Work
The dogs were at Liverpool Village Animal Hospital for a few days boarding.

11/20/2012

Laura G.

This is my usual veterinarian facility. They always get me right in whenever I call. They even accept walk-ins. I have never had a long wait and/or have seen many pets together in the waiting room. My cat has been in several times for a chronic sneezing condition. The 2 vets I have seen are always patient and thorough. They take the time to explain their findings and the options to me, and to listen to me. I had a very old dog who had to be put down. The facility not only sent me a general sympathy card, but the 2 vets who had seen him added personal comments and signed it. The staff is friendly, caring and professional. I definitely plan on continuing with them. I enjoy my time there, and receive good services.

Description of Work
My cat was evaluated for chronic congestion and sneezing. He was examined by the vet, had blood drawn by a technician in another room) then prescribed medication.

06/15/2012

Linda G.

I love Dr Lin. She knows her stuff. She's thorough. I've taken many of my pets to her and several of her colleagues over the last 25 years. I never doubt that this is the right place for me and my furry family members.

Description of Work
I brought my dog in to see Dr Lin specificallly for a vaccination. No problems. Dr Lin gave an exam and brought up some items for discussion relevant to my best friend.

12/07/2011

Brent B.

I had been looking for a veterinarian and a friend recommended them to me. It was a pretty basic checkup and I think the biggest thing was the time and attention given to me and my animal. I haven’t readily experienced that with a vet before.

Description of Work
I have taken my two cats to Liverpool Village Animal Hospital twice. The most recent visit was a checkup and that included medicine and food.

11/30/2011

Hank S.

I started using them probably five months ago. They are very well mannered and are very good with scheduling. They are very friendly and seem to genuinely care about the animals. They recently did a very nice job with their office remodeling. They had demonstrations and so forth, which was very nice. I rate them very highly.

Description of Work
I use Liverpool Village Animal Hospital for pet care. I last went there to get shots for my dog.

11/12/2011

William H.

I contacted the facility. It turns out they only board for their own clients. If they had said this in their advertisement I wouldn't have wasted my time in calling them.

Description of Work
I was looking for boarding services.

08/11/2011

Rachele L.

They were fantastic. The service was super fast, they got us right in and out. The prices were affordable & everyone was very nice.

Description of Work
My puppy had a check up & shots, and 7 day course of antibiotics.

06/15/2011

Donna O.

Recently I had to put my sweet baby down and, though I dreaded "the room" it was necessary and very important that I knew I had exhausted all options. I am very confident that my younger dog is in capable hands.

Description of Work
I have used LVAH for ten years now. This is the best care I could have desired for my dogs. When things are good, they are efficient at providing the regular treatment products and at offering sound advice. When things go wrong, this is a compassionate team. Dr. Wocjik is our regular vet, but we have seen Dr. Lin and Dr. Russell, too, and they are wonderful. You cannot go wrong with this practice.

06/07/2011

christine S.

I don't remember the price, they don't do it there, it has to be done out, it is a special test that has to be done. I would say they are average. Personally, I wouldn't care how much I paid, as far as I'm concerned there is a vet. What I would say is they are probably average but I don't know, I never really shopped around. I like the personality. I have been going there, I believe for seventeen or eighteen years. Every single person in the place knows me by name. I am comfortable with them and they are comfortable with me and all my animals. They treat everybody very well. I never feel lost when I go in there. They are great in their job. I would recommend them to anybody. I have recommended quite a few people there and they are very happy with them. As soon as I'm back in the area, I’ll be taking two of my pets for their check up for routine vaccination. I will definitely use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I use the services of Liverpool Village Animal Hospital. My last visit was within the last month. It was for blood work for animal that has thyroid condition.

03/31/2011

christine S.

I have taken my pets (cats and dogs) to this practice for approximately 14 years and have been greeted by the same front end staff and Dr's during this entire time. They are like family to me and I could not even consider going to another vet unless I needed a specialty service that they could not provide. Every person in this facility is friendly, caring and professional starting with the receptionists through the kennel attendants, techs and especially the veterinarians. I have had the privilege to work with each veterinarian at this practice and I have never been rushed or felt that I was taking too much of their time regardless of how many questions I have for them. They take the time to explain the diagnosis and the treatment they recommend. I never feel that they are pushing unecessary services or tests onto me. I have referred many of my friends to this practice and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a veterinarian.

Description of Work
This was a routine physical exam

01/29/2011

Jay C.

My child goes to Syracuse Univ. and I am from out of town. They welcomed my labrador retriever with open arms. Kennels large enough for her to go outdoors or stay inside. They were convenient to the university. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
overnight boarding

06/20/2010

Linda G.

Overall very good. People there are friendly. Everything was clean. Dr was prompt.

Description of Work
Annual check up with Dr. Lin. She patiently answered my list of questions regarding my geriatric dog. Made valid suggestions for how to proceed and gave options with my bottom line in mind. As usual a pleasant experience with somebody I've trusted for years with my best friends.

Veterinarians
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Preventative medicine and surgical treatment, orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, dentistry, digital radiology, pharmacy, medicated baths, and dips, Geriatric counseling, health examinations, laboratory analysis, Electrocardiography, echocardiography, ultrasonography, dermatology, nutritional, behavioral, infertility counseling & pain management.