Tielis Landscaping & Tree Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2007

PO Box 630251

Little Neck, NY 11363

Tielis Landscaping & Tree Service is a professional arboricultural company based in Queens, NY. We are independently owned and in operation since 1998. We provide a full range of tree services throughout the tri-state area to our valued residential and commercial clients. Whether you are in need of emergency tree service, storm damage clean-up or simply would like to beautify your landscape, we have the skills, experience and equipment required to complete the work quickly, safely and on budget. No project is too big or too small for us to handle. Our excellent reputation is a direct result of acheiveing our customers complete satisifaction. TielisTreeService.com...

10/15/2020

kailai C.

They did a great job. Mark came over quickly and gave me a very reasonable price. And once they gave me a date, they show up on time and did a very clean job.

Description of Work
Cut two trees and remove dead branch

08/11/2020

Jose L.

I contacted the main number to Tielis on three separate days over a one week period. Each time the friendly clerk took my information stating she would pass my urgent request to Erik. Erik never returned any of the calls. Due to the major storms I can understand a delay of estimate or service but it shouldn't take a week for an "A" rated contractor to simply return a call marked urgent. I'm sure Erik and his crew do good work but not taking a minute to call a potential customer in 7 days is poor customer service.

Description of Work
Removal of dangerous branches dangling from a large tree and trimming of tree.

Category tree service

You’re right. We could have done a better job returning phone calls. More than 2,000 trees fell during the Isaias storm. Our phone rang off-the-hook for weeks. We have a better phone plan in place for the next natural disaster.

08/07/2020

Sophia C.

Amazing- that's probably the one word I can use to describe this company. I called around getting estimates from so many companies and a lot of them were horribly price gouging in the middle of the aftermath of a hurricane. I called Tielis and the person who picked up was incredibly nice and professional. And not less than 5 minutes later, Erik called, we talked and he was at my house 15 minutes later, estimated quickly and said he would be back to do the work today ASAP. He was back with his team less than 2 hours later and began work immediately. I'm highly appreciative not only for their professionalism, but also for their swiftness. I'd happily hire them again in heartbeat and introduce them to everyone!

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Category tree service

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We really appreciate your post and sharing your experience with us. Erik

07/27/2020

RICK S.

They were the best so far. They were professional. They did the job in a professional way. They did not over charge. They were reasonable.

Description of Work
They cut tree for me at the backyard for me

Category tree service

Thank you for this very kind review of our services. We are so appreciate your time to share your experience working with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

11/19/2019

Peggy O.

Eric never showed up. (Update) Eric never showed up for the estimate appointment and never called until after I posted a partial review here.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category tree service

We apologize for missing the appointment.

05/13/2019

RICK S.

They did a great job and disposed of it all very well. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They cut back some tall trees for me.

Category tree service

Thank you for the wonderful review of our performance. We appreciate receiving your response.

10/11/2018

Jerome and Bettyann W.

Everything went very well. They had a one day delay due to rain, which was fine. They were very efficient and everything was completed as asked.

Description of Work
Tree removal and stump shaved down

Category tree service

Thank you for this kind review of our services. We so appreciate your time to share your experience working with us. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

08/17/2018

Joshua K.

Work was done very professionally, area was cleaned and all branches and leaves removed.

Description of Work
Prune large oak tree in backyard, remove several small maple trees, prune branches from neighbors tree and remove ivy from oak tree.

Category tree service

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this fabulous review and all of the wonderful detail about your experience working with us. We are very grateful to receive your accolades. Thank you!! Tielis Landscaping

07/09/2018

Jean S.

I am very satisfied with the work that was done. The yard was very overgrown and needed extensive work. Cleanup was also done in the front of the house as well. The workers did an excellent job and were very pleasant and accommodating. They worked efficiently and did a thorough job in a timely manner. It was a little difficult for them since they have to go through the basement to get access to the yard. They cleaned up very nicely and did not leave any mess. Erik the owner was very pleasant and nice, gave me a quick cost estimate answering all my questions. The job was scheduled for the following day. I was happy to have Tielis do this work. I will definitely use them again on a more regular basis.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup and bush and tree trimming

Category lawn service, tree service

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and all the detail provided on how extensive the project was, especially with the only access for equipment and debris having to be carried through the basement. We appreciate receiving your feedback. Thank you. Tielis Landscaping

05/07/2018

Gerard C.

Tielis was very professional in their approach to my project. The men worked safely, were very careful while working near my fence and while working over my neighbors property. I would recommend this company for anyone who needs tree work. I am sure for other landscaping services they would be equally capable. They should be your first choice.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category tree service

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this glowing review. Safety of life and property is our number one priority in tree work. Thank you for recognizing our focus on the safety of everyone and everything. Tielis Landscaping

04/28/2018

Doris K.

Erik Tielis and his crew were amazing. They were patient and careful and everything was done SAFELY, no worries. Erik was always pleasant to deal with from the day he gave the estimate through the day of the project. Erik was there the entire time. Everyone in his crew was nice, polite and pleasant. There were climbers and stringers and they controlled the drop of the branches. The tree branches were put in a grinder, the ground wood got sprayed into a large truck, minimal mess. They were very careful and Safe. They cleaned up everything and even tighted up some phone lines that had been leaning on the tree that were now hanging lower. Everything went very well! I would definite use them again and recommend them. They were Excellent!

Category tree service

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this fabulous review and all of the wonderful detail provided about your experience working with us. We are very grateful to receive your accolades. Thank you!! Tielis Landscaping

04/28/2018

Doris K.

Removed Very Large tree and Ground Stump - the tree was next to a garage and 2 fences and had telephone lines running through it. The tree was 40 feet tall. Erik Tielis and his crew were amazing. They were patient and careful and everything was done SAFELY, no worries. Erik was always pleasant to deal with from the day he gave the estimate through the day of the project. Erik was there the entire time. Everyone in his crew was nice, polite and pleasant. There were climbers and stringers and they controlled the drop of the branches. The tree branches were put in a grinder, the ground wood got sprayed into a large truck, minimal mess. They were very careful and Safe. They cleaned up everything and even tightened up some phone lines that had been leaning on the tree that were now hanging lower. Everything went very well! I would definite use them again and recommend them. They were Excellent!

11/30/2017

Michael J.

I am completely satisfied with the work that was done. Erik was pleasant to deal with and the work was completed fully to my specifications.

Description of Work
Job was to prune two trees in my backyard to remove limbs that were overhanging neighboring backyard.

Category tree service

Thank you for this very kind review of our services. We so appreciate your time to share your experience working with us. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

11/20/2017

Elaine Y.

Erik, the owner of Tielis, gave me an estimate right away and it was the best of all the companies I reached out to. He was able to come remove the dead tree a few days later. He called me the morning of the job just to confirm. He and the crew showed up right on time! I can't say enough good things about the job they did! They were really nice, professional, efficient and neat. They safely and quickly removed the dead tree, placing all of its "remains" in a tree chipper. They even cut a couple of "tree cookies" for me at my request. They then chipped out the stump. Finally they cleaned up everything so well, it looks like they were never there! I would hire them again in a flash and highly recommend them to anyone that needs tree and landscaping services done!

Description of Work
We needed a very tall, dead tree that was right in front of our house removed. I called around to several services, but chose Tielis and am so glad we did!!!

Category tree service

Wow, we are blushing! Thank you so much. We were thrilled to read your glowing comments and wonderfully detailed review of our services. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping and Tree Service

11/19/2017

Anthony R.

The Tielis team was efficient, professional, friendly, and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Needed a tree branch that had fallen off a tree during a storm cut up and removed from backyard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Thank you very much for this kind review of our services. We really appreciate reading your positive experience working with us. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

11/14/2017

Quressa R.

We found another company. 2AA Construction. We'd worked with them before on other odd jobs--installing toilets, replacing a broken outdoor spigot--but they didn't list landscaping so we did initially contact them for this service. After Tielis went MIA we reached out and they did a fantastic job. We've attached a pic of how our yard looks now to show the amazing job 2AA Construction did for us.

Description of Work
We were in need of a landscaper to take care of weeding our back yard and laying down either mulch our rocks. My husband contacted a few companies to get quotes. The company was initially responsive and answered questions in a fairly timely manner, but when we were ready to book them they went radio silent. My husband asked about a specific date to see if we could schedule them. Nothing. They never wrote back. We actually wanted to hire them and they didn't respond after all the back and forth giving us a quote and answering out questions.

Category lawn service

Sorry we weren’t able to accommodate you. Wishing you all the best. Tielis Landscaping

09/13/2017

gardner A.

Small professional team did work quickly and were very friendly. Plan to hire them again for large tree removal.

Description of Work
Small tree removal and large brush pile and rotten wood pile removed.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this exceptional review of our services. We really appreciate receiving your feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. Tielis Landscaping

08/16/2017

Brian L.

Tree was cut down in a timely manner. Erik was very friendly and approachable.

Description of Work
Cut down a pine tree in our backyard.

Category tree service

Thank you for the kind review of our services. We appreciate receiving your feedback. Tielis Landscaping

08/14/2017

elayne L.

The company did a good job at keeping in communication throughout the job. the work was done very well. Eric was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
LAWN AND TREE CARE

Category lawn service, tree service

Thank you so much for the kind review of our services. We appreciate reading your positive feedback. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

08/01/2017

Chris L.

Eric looked at both jobs on same day and provided a fair estimate. Work scheduled for the following week. Eric and his crew were punctual and professional, performing work as requested.

Description of Work
Needed trees to be trimmed at two location to keep them of roof and siding.

Category tree service

Thank you for providing this stellar review of our services. We really do appreciate receiving the feedback. We are looking forward to working with you again soon! Tielis Landscaping

07/21/2017

John L.

This is my second time hiring Tielis Landscaping. Once again, there was excellent communication and a quick response to all inquiries. The crew was prompt and professional. They performed the work efficiently and ensured no debris was left behind. Hire with confidence!

Description of Work
Entire removal and grinding of an apple tree and the stump from a second tree in my backyard as well as the removal of several bushes from the front of the house.

Category tree service

Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous review. We were so thrilled to read your glowing comments. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping and Tree Service

07/19/2017

Christine D.

It went very well. The manager was present and provided a crew of 3 men who completely cleared weed & ivy "jungle" from the back section of the yard leaving only the lilac and forsythia as requested. Trimmed dead branches as requested. Communication was easy with the workers as well as the boss. They arrived on time and did an excellent job, leaving the place neat and clean in much less time than I expected.

Description of Work
Clearing of overgrown weeds and ivy from yard and trimming of dead branches.

Category lawn service

Thank you very much for this kind review of our services. We really appreciate reading about your positive experience working with us. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping

07/17/2017

Bart S.

The company never returned my calls.

Description of Work
Left 2 phone messages about some tree pruning work I needed done.

Category tree service

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are truly sorry for your experience. Is there any possibility that you may have called the wrong number? We ask this because we have no record of your calls. We would love to hear from you, if you're still interested in speaking with us. The direct line to the owner of the company, Erik Tielis, is 718-440-2004. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you! Tielis Landscaping 718-224-0219

06/28/2017

Robert H.

Called up, and didn't even receive a proper greeting. I had to guess the company name's pronunciation. The person answering the phone (no idea who, they didn't identify themselves) only heard that the work was to be done in Laurelton, an area of Queens as far east as Little Neck, but down On the southern end. "Uh, no, we uh, don't go down there" Professionalism at it's worst. Disappointed and disgusted.

Description of Work
Complete front and rear yard overhaul. Weed/shrub removal, and new sod/lawn installed.

Category lawn service

Thank you for writing. Please accept our apologies for the perceived unprofessional response. Your call was routed to a mobile device, answered with equipment running in the background. It was difficult to hear you. We strive to create the best possible experience for all our customers. Best wishes to you. Tielis Landscaping

05/08/2017

Leandro K.

Work was done well. Cleaned up nicely and didn't mess up my lawn.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Category tree service

Thank you for the very kind review of our services. We really do appreciate receiving your feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. Tielis Landscaping