ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2010

Over 30 years in business with a A+ Rating with BBB and Consumer Affairs....

A Service Provider's profile image

+57 more images

home remodeling (24)drywall (15)electrician (14)window replacement (11)plumbers (11)countertop installation (10)tile installation (10)door installation (9)flooring (9)insulation (8)general contractors (8)siding companies (7)

05/16/2022

Christopher B.

The work was quality and done quickly. Polite crew who provided professional work. They were able to work within our budget and make last minute adjustments when needed. The remodel helped increase the value of our home leading to above asking offers. We love our new kitchen and stairs!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling and staircase upgrade

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/01/2022

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 39734926

Thanks [Member Name Removed] & Family thank You & thanks for the Referrals

06/03/2021

Betty M.

Excellent! Work done was excellent, quick and clean. Pat was great from the get go. After dealing with other contractors in my life, Pat was a total pleasure.

Description of Work
siding and windows

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/03/2021

Thank You & I'm glad to make You part of The Islander Home Improvement Family of satisfied customers

05/17/2021

Steven P L.

Pat, the owner, was a pleasure to work with. He kept us abreast of the work performed by his crews and was very receptive to our ideas and changes as the work progressed. Pat has a great sense of humor that helped keep us calm (through the pandemic and while living in a home that doubled as a construction site) while the work was being performed and is now a good friend who we recommend to everyone we can.

Description of Work
Comprehensive (two story) remodeling involving the removal of walls (requiring installation of headers), added a full handicapped-accessible downstairs bathroom, complete plumbing and electrical replacement and upgrades, complete tear-out and renovation of kitchen and upstairs bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Thank You Sir was My pleasure to Help You & Your Family. I'm proud to have You as a client & now a friend. Thank You & Your Ww2 Vet Dad for the service of protecting Our Great Country

05/16/2021

Michael M.

Pat and his team were outstanding. They completed our kitchen remodel in record time and were able to meet all our needs. Highly recommend them for any of your remodel needs. Personally, I wouldn’t use anyone else but islander home improvement.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

Thank You It was My pleasure dealing with You & Your Wife Glad to make You part of The Islander Home Improvement Family

05/14/2021

Paul D.

We appreciated the team's effort in refurbishing the existing wood ceiling and wall (allowing us to keep the cabin-like look we love), while updating our sun room with beautiful new windows and flooring, allowing for true three-season enjoyment.

Description of Work
Renovate sun room.

Category contractors, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

Thank You Sir It is Our pleasure. Glad to make You & Your wife part of the Islander Home Improvement Family If You ever need Us don't hesitate to call Pat IHI

05/12/2021

Angela L.

Pat Gentile and his team are phenomenal. Their work is amazing and Pat is always available every step of the way. They sided my house and did beautiful stone work along the bottom of my home. I could not be happier. It came out beautiful. They are accommodating, patient, and professional. I would definitely use them again should I decide to make any additional improvements to my home. A+++++ Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Siding & Stone Work

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 39328343

Thank You Very Much.Any time You need My Help call Me I'm proud to have You as a Client & part of The Islander Home Improvement Family. By the way You make Great Coffee .See You soon

05/10/2021

Scott C.

Pat and his employees were the epitome of professionalism. He was in constant contact, providing updates and ensuring satisfaction with all aspects of work done. The planning phase was easy and accurate, the employees were prompt and professional, and the workmanship was pristine. As for the finished project, stunning is an understatement, and our guests cannot believe the outcome. From the impressive crown molding to vivid interior painting, we couldn't be happier. Even after the job, they continue to communicate to make sure everything is exactly how we envisioned it, and will remedy any and all issues if they may come up! We have and will to continue to recommend this company to anyone looking to do any improvements to their homes!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel and interior wall refinish

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

Thank You [Member Name Removed] You & Your Family were great to work for thank You & God Bless Glad You are part of The Islander Home Improvement Family PatG Pres IHI

12/19/2020

Patrick D.

Pat and his team are very professional, polite , and fair. They pay attention to detail. Job was done in a timely matter and at a fair price. Pat is a great guy and I will recommend IHI to my family and friends. Thanks Pat!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank You We are Proud & Glad to make You part of the Islander Home Improvement Family

10/09/2019

Stephan B.

Pat and his guys are great. They completely changed the way our house looks. They took one very large bathroom and were able to split it into a beautiful en-suite, half bathroom and laundry closet. I cannot even describe how beautiful the kitchen turned out. Pat has some great guys that work for him who definitely went the extra mile to do a great job on our house!

Description of Work
Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

10/01/2019

Denise C.

Very good. They set up all the plumbing and electrical. They came and did their work and left. It went smoothly. Everybody was very nice to work with. Nice guys to have in the house. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did a kitchen remodel.

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

09/24/2019

Simon S.

Pat and his crew are fantastic. Priced very fairly, and they stuck by their commitment to do what it took to get everything just the way we wanted. For example when a certain tiling scheme (of my wife's choosing) didn't really work out, they removed the tiling and redid it, no haggling over the added work. There were countless little examples of this commitment. they even stuck by us through a prolonged delay caused by a faulty/poorly constructed "high end" vanity that needed to be replaced. His crew even noticed and repaired a torn up and clogged up dryer vent that, as first time homeowners, we didn't even know we had to inspect. They fixed it up, and cleaned it out, free of charge. Honestly could very well have been a life saving catch- it was a total fire hazard that they noticed and repaired. Can't sing their praises enough. Workmanship is gorgeous, and the feedback and advice they offered through the process elevated the final job even further. In fact, one of our neighbors just hired them to do their 2 bathrooms, after meeting Pat and seeing the handiwork.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of 2 full bathrooms, including a master bath

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

09/23/2019

shawn N.

Pat and his team did a great job remodeling our bathroom. We removed an existing tub, gutted the bathroom to the studs and installed a stand up shower with a bench; new flooring/tiles and fixtures throughout. Also, Pat has a lot of experience that he shared which helped with my decision making (e.g. type of seat for bench, custom made shower pan, which retailers to use for materials, etc.). The project took a total of ~3.5 week to complete and the end result is fantastic. They also did some additional work on my gazebo (installed capping that the previous contractor skipped) and a vent fan in the kitchen. I would consider them for any future renovation projects.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 38125961

It was My Pleasure Good luck with Your baby coming look forward to seeing you again Pat Gentile President Islander Home Improvement

09/04/2019

Kevin K.

They're a small group, but the final work was amazing. They are very nice and diligent with everything they do. I loved the final product. Pat G is a really nice guy, although he was not able to get up the 2nd floor stairs to the room he had his people go up and do the quoting and the work. All great work, problem solvers, and didn't nickel dime us. Only critique might be they over promised a little with timing and always went a little longer than promised, but frankly it wasn't long process overall. He should just under promise a little more often. They worked hard and were craftsman (and women, i liked that too). Only other issue was draping on painting and tile grinding got a little messy, but they cleaned it up. OVERALL: Fantastic work, nice people, fair pricing, i highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Total Bathroom rip-out mold removal and remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 38086803

thanks [Member Name Removed] why Bs ? As You know We Try hard. I hope You and Your Family are well. Hows Your Son the Football player ? sometimes good work takes a little longer

06/12/2019

Tanya L.

Pat and his crew were extremely professional. Pat is funny and always available for any questions we had. Gordon and Kevin’s work was beautiful and Billy did a great job upgrading our plumbing. We recommend them to our friends and family.

Description of Work
Remodel existing bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, gutter repair, insulation, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

Thank You [Member Name Removed] You [Member Name Removed] & LITTLE [Member Name Removed] Love You Guys Proud & Glad to.make You HAPPY PAT Gentile Islanderhi

04/10/2019

Patricia V.

Islander Home Improvement did a complete first floor renovation on our house in January 2019. This included insulation, sheetrock, electrical, plumbing, all new flooring, bathroom and kitchen. The job went very well, Pat the owner was always available to speak to, and kept us informed each morning of what work would be completed each day. Joey his project manager had great ideas, and a great eye for detail. We are very happy with the job, and the time in which it was completed. We would use Islander again!

Description of Work
First floor renovation

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] hope to see Little [Member Name Removed] Pitching at high school & Love You & [Member Name Removed] [Member Information Removed] !

02/12/2019

Brian M.

Pat and his crew are second to none, at home renovation. We had our kitchen and bathroom renovated and the whole process was stress free with Pat’s management skills and his great sense of humor. Pat’s crew included Kevin,Gordon, and Billy. They were all respectful, trustworthy and would go the extra mile for you. The construction from demo to completion was clean and the craftsmanship was exceptional. We highly recommend IHI for anyone considering having work done. My wife and I love our new, beautiful, functional kitchen and bathroom.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 37708266

Thank you [Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to do business with You and We are now doing our third job for You. We are scheduled to be working at your house again and I appreciate the fact of you giving my workers best tip anybody ever gave them WOW ! GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY

10/15/2018

Evan K.

Pat's team of Gordon and Shannon are the best around! They put in the effort they would put into their own kitchen at home. Meticulous at every step.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category countertops, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

Review for ISLANDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC - 14 SILVERSMITH LN, Levittown, NY - 37474014

thank You My Crew and I appreciate your review and We look forward to the future projects We discussed Big Pat Islanderhi

10/15/2018

jeffrey A.

Pat originally did a huge job for me a while back so this is the second time I used him. Well I actually recommend him to my mother who needed her kitchen done and flooring and some light carpentry work. Pat was honest with my mother who is 86 only did work that needed to be done saving her money there were things that he originally thought needed to be done and then realized it didn't so he saved her a few thousand dollars from his original quote. I know alot of people that take advantage especially of seniors he was more then fair. Bottom line he and his wonderful team did an amazing job and my brother already called him for an estimate on his house , so another review will be coming in a few months. Thanks Pat and I didn't forget the cigar I owe you.

Description of Work
My mother needed her kitchen and floors re- done

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

THANKS I LOOK Forward to having that Cigar with You and the Job at Your Brothers HOME will be AMAZING His job is Huge THANKS AGAIN Big Pat Islanderhi

05/05/2018

Nadin P.

Pats team is A+. They go wayyy above and beyond the necessary to get the job done. They also threw it many extras which I wasn't expecting and was just wow'ed by their overall commitement to customer satisfaction. Joey (the GC) has great ideas and always focuses on pleasing the client, never got a NO from him. His whole staff operates on a "what it takes" kind of attitude. The Jose Brothers (The main workers of my project) are now almost like family and even surprised me with a birthday cake on my b.day. Man, just wow over all. I've now hired Pat and his team to install a new bathroom with hot tub elsewhere in the house, A + +!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel, Load Bearing Wall Removed

Category countertops, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] We are glad Your part of the Islander Family & look forward to doing more fine projects for You un the future after the bathroom downstairs The 2nd Story addition on your other home thanks for the review

02/04/2018

Joshua K.

There is no other contractor out there like Pat alongside his foreman for the jobs Joey. They are the best. If you ever want to be be confident in work being done, hire them. Just sit back and relax because I COULD NOT have asked for a better job. My vision is what they produced. They are personable. They listen. They are punctual. They are clean. And most importantly. The price is the price. Thank you to Pat and Joey. We now have the home we wanted from the get go.

Description of Work
We hired Them to renovate and basically gut our Downstairs levit ranch. Opening a wall to to an extension, level floor, redoe the fireplace, paint, molding electrical etc.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] glad Your part of the Islanderhi Family of satisfied customers Now lets SHOW Your new house off to Your friends and family

01/06/2018

Maria C.

great team..Kevin and Gordon are true professionals..Also work very clean and in a timely fashion

Description of Work
complete rip out and New everything

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

THANKS RICHARD & [Member Name Removed]WE LOOK FORWARD TO DOING YOUR BATHROOM COME THIS SPRING i APPRECIATE YOU GIVING US CUSTOMERS

09/11/2017

susan J.

Islander uses subcontractors. The team was punctual, respectful, prompt, clean. Work performed was high quality. There were a few unexpected findings behind the walls which led to some extras, but that is to be expected. Read the contract carefully and make sure you are in agreement with what is stated.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of a bathroom and hallway. New electrical. No relocation of plumbing. Tile work in another bathroom. We self supplied all the fixtures, tiles, etc.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2017