Bugs R Us Pest Services Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2012

Bugs "R" Us was started in 1996 by current owner Steve Palmer. Mr. Palmer personally oversees all business operations in order to ensure all work is done in a professional manner. We do not sub contract to any other company so you can be assured that we will give you personal attention. 32 yrs

A Service Provider's profile image

pest control (111)animal removal (8)

07/06/2020

Joanne G.

No termites, but I had an ant problem that was resolved quickly. Honest & reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/18/2020

Jim K.

Steve is a nice guy, easy to get along with, answers all your questions and concerns. Reasonably priced. Gets to your house in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed termite bait stations around outside of house

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

05/09/2020

Annie V.

Great. Good price and was able to get the job done.

Description of Work
Any extermination

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

06/12/2019

E K.

The owner of this business, Steve Palmer is a consummate professional. He responded to my request for pest control services in Nassau County, Long Island in a timely manner and promptly worked with me to schedule an appointment right away. When he worked on the pest problem, he did a thorough job using a highly effective chemical service. It was also good that Steve gave me detailed instructions on how to prepare the home for his treatments. My family is grateful to Steve for the excellent job that he did! I would give the highest recommendation possible to Steve's business -- and to people who are looking for all aspects of pest control be it a home or business -- give him a call, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
pest control

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Thank you for that comment, Bugs R Us is here for you 24/7 , we are just a phone call away.

05/16/2019

Rosemarie R.

Steve is very responsive and the price was fair. He had to come back for some lingering ants and did it promptly and without complaints. His price was very reasonable and I would recommend him.

Description of Work
I needed to get ants out of my house and garage

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

04/29/2019

joseph G.

Steve came by on time and sprayed inside and outside. Also gave us some tops of entry points. Very happy with service. However we are getting a few ants back but I have peace of mind that I can call Steve to perform a follow up treatment if required at no additional cost.

Description of Work
I needed inside and outside treatment for ants

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

That you for that nice comment

04/14/2018

Patricia F.

Fine. I had posted a negative review when they did not come and could not be reached by phone. Steve came today and did the service free of charge to make up for the poor service. He had a family emergency and had left another technician in charge. The technician did not do the scheduled work and has been fired. I did suggest that Steve improve his phone service so if that he can be reached if there is an issue. He said he was looking into it.

Description of Work
Pest services.

Work Completed On 04/14/2018

Thank you very much for that revised comment we are here for you always whenever you need us we will make sure that we are phone call away

04/14/2018

Jessica S.

Excellent customer service, price, punctuality and overall great service.

Description of Work
Termite treatment

Work Completed On 04/09/2018

03/31/2018

Brenda M.

We woke up to a swarm of termites on our front porch which some made their way inside the home. We check around the house and found a corner with tiny white termites. We freaked!! We called a few places and no one was able to come in right away except for Bugs R Us. They said they would come in the late afternoon after they finished all their scheduled appointments but for the meantime to spray windex to slow them down which worked perfectly! Thank god for Steve! We are fairly new homeowners and never experienced anything like this so we didn’t know what to do but call a professional. We are so thankful for them squeezing us in on their busy Saturday. He really put us at ease and left me with a feeling that the problem is under control. I would recommend them to everyone!! Thank you Steve!!!!

Description of Work
Removal of Termites

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

No thank you bugs r us prides itself on not only taking care of your situation but finding out why you have a situation at all to begin with. We are there for you 24 hours a day 365. Thanks again

11/08/2017

Linda K.

The owner Steve cane to the house. He looked over my entire house and located the problem areas. He gave me a very good price (had 2 other estimates). He is charging $850 and he will be coming four times a year. He was very professional and trustworthy. He was neat and clean. I would highly recommend Bugs R Us to everyone.

Description of Work
I needed termite work done.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Thank you so much for that comment, it means the world to us to make you happy we are always there for you 365

11/07/2017

Lidia M. M.

In order to recover out-of-pocket costs from my landlord in Queens housing court, I requested from Steve in advance: a detailed work order, an invoice marked PAID, and a brief letter on company stationary attesting to the fairness of his charges and that there would be no reimbursement to me as a result. This is pretty standard evidentiary procedure when dealing with errant NYC landlords in the courts. Steve adopted a "sure, we'll talk about it" attitude, then neglected to treat the one closet and the kitchenette recess in my small apartment - "These are separate rooms," he stated - and when I pressed him to provide the documents I requested he said, "I need a decent rating from you on Angie's List". The pest problem returned within weeks. Skip this service outside of Nassau County. Sorry that my first experience with Angie's list has been my worst experience ever with an exterminator.

Description of Work
Bed bug eradication services for a 1-bedroom apartment in Queens.

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

Bugs r us went to service this client.she called. Months later and stated she still had a problem and asked me if I would service the other parts of the [Member Information Removed]. For a discounted rate and asked me if I would provide documentation for New York City housing. Was there the next morning to service, got there at 6:30 AM as instructed, nobody was home nobody answered the phone, nobody answered the door, drove 25 miles out of my way services but the least you could have done was to answer the telephone call leave me a note, I will be contacting my attorney

10/14/2017

Sandra D.

We had a terrible ant problem at the beginning of spring and Steve took care of that issue, he’s very knowledgeable and thoroughly covered all areas of our home. Steve contacted us to come back and take care of our home this week without us having to call him first, very satisfied with his service!

Description of Work
We had an Infestation of ants throughout our home

Work Completed On 10/14/2017

Thank you very much for that nice comment, better late than never, Bugs r us Will always be there for you winter spring summer fall

09/22/2017

Keera M.

Steve was very calm and understanding. He carefully looked around and put treatment down and also gave suggestions for where they might be coming from and what to do to seal cracks/holes, etc. Will definitely use him again if there are any other issues!

Description of Work
Centipede problem

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

Thank you for that very nice comment we are always here if you need us

08/24/2017

Robert R.

Was going to be 1 and a 1/2 hrs. Late

Description of Work
Bee removal

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

I am sorry, I tried to get to you the time I specified.i did call u and let u know .I did call another company who does some of my over flow . I felt very bad that u were not happy, if u look at all my comments u will see this is an isolated incident. If I could ever make it up to u I'm just a phone call away.but just so we are clear i could understand if i did a bad job or tried to rip you off but to give me a D rating is very unfair and inappropriate especially since I'm always on the customers side, caring more about taking care of the problem.

08/03/2017

Linda P.

The owner, Steve Palmer, understood how important our timing was and arranged to have a technician that afternoon! What a lucky break. The technician was very knowledgeable and professional, courteous and extremely thorough, and genuinely concerned about getting rid of these awful pests. It went very well and with great results--bye bye ants!

Description of Work
While contractor was installing new outdoor window moldings, he discovered a severe carpenter ant infestation. As timing for completing the window project was tight and eliminating the ants was essential, I immediately consulted Angie's List for recommended services and found "A"-rated Bugs-R-Us.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

Thank you for that really nice comment bugs r us makes sure you are happy with your service.

07/25/2017

Craig M.

He scheduled a visit for the next day for an inspection. He assessed the problem and determined that no immediate action was required. He suggested possible solutions but did not try to sell anything unnecessary. I really appreciated his assistance and will call again when the need arises.

Description of Work
I had a problem with insects eating at my deck. A carpenter suggested I have an exterminator check out the problem. I called Bugs R Us and Steve responded promptly.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

Thank you for that very nice comment, I'm here to make sure that I can take care of your problems not sell you something you don't need or charge you for something I didn't do. Call anytime I'm there for you.

07/20/2017

gary R.

He was good, we just decided to use a family exterminator.

Description of Work
An estimate for termites.

Work Completed On 07/20/2016

06/26/2017

Claude S.

Great. Steve was on time and worked efficiently. He was friendly and knowledgeable; he answered all our questions. Great job!

Description of Work
Carpenter ants

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

Thank u for that great comment we r always here if u need us.

05/08/2017

Linda L.

Steve responded to my call immediately, which is amazing in itself. He explained, in detail what he was going to do and completed job in timely manor. Would definite refer him to friends.

Description of Work
Installed termite baits around my property.

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

04/04/2017

George W.

He came out within 5 minutes; gave me an estimate, and didn't charge a dime. I'm really impressed and glad he could come out. He took the time to explain what he could and couldn't do, and you could really tell he cares about his customers. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I joined Angie's List about 30 minutes ago, and was able to get someone to come out within the same day.

03/30/2017

David L.

Steve came over the same day we called, confirmed that it was termites, explained everything very thoroughly. He put bait trap cylinders around our house, when the wall was opened up poison was sprayed. His guys will come back 5 times throughout the year to check the cylinders (they have come back once so far, Steve's guy was very friendly as well.) Yesterday my wife saw a few termites with the wings, we called Steve and he was at our house within 2 hours. He calmed us down and told us that since we live on a slab there could be termites that come through there, but these aren't termites to worry about (we thought we were going to have to open our walls back up.) Steve eased our minds and told us not to hesitate to call him again if we see anything else. We will be using Bugs R Us for all of our exterminating needs.

Description of Work
We found termites in our bay window.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

Thank you for that real nice comment we strive to be the best that we could be

03/07/2017

Lisa J.

Steve came out the same day I called to evaluate what type of system we needed. We bought the house a couple of years ago, and the previous chemical system was over 25 years old. He gave us an honest assessment, and a very fair price (we had a couple other quotes). He then came back the very next morning and installed the system. We couldn't be happier with his service.

Description of Work
Whole house termite system

Work Completed On 02/28/2017