ANDY'S CARPENTRY LLC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2006

5 PLOVER LN

Levittown, NY 11756

Home Improvement Specialist / Repairs and Remodeling. An owner operator company who provides a personal service with Reliable, Quality Work and Honest Rates. No job to small. Make Your Wish List Today. BBB (A+), Super Service Award winner for the EIGHTH YEAR. Handy Person Service Provided.

10/22/2019

Toula G.

Andy is professional, polite and punctual. A job well done. Highly recommend and would use again.

Description of Work
Repaired door frame

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

12/05/2017

Linda D.

We hired Andy to patch and paint a hole left after getting a TV wall mounted by Best Buy. Andy had to make three trips to our house do a perfect job which he did. The patch is perfect and undetectable, so much better than we had expected. Andy was prompt, clean, pleasant, charged a very reasonable rate and was even nice to our dogs! It's gratifying to see such an honest skilled craftsman in this day and age. Fantastic experience all around.

Description of Work
Patch and paint drywall hole

Category drywall, interior painters

08/18/2017

Jane O.

The price was good. The quality of the work was good. He was very pleasant and laid everything out on paper, along with every bit of material he used.

Description of Work
Installed insulation and a wall in an attic. He also left a space for me to crawl into in case someone had to get in to look at the house. He filled in two cracks in my living area.

Category drywall, insulation

08/09/2017

George W.

He returned my phone call when I left a message. He called ahead and said he was running ahead of schedule and asked to come over early. I said that was fine and he met me early, he let me know his pricing is $70/ hr. I showed him the job and he told me that it would take about 6 hours for the work to be done. I feel that this way too high of an estimation and that there's no way it would take 6 hours. It seemed like he was overcharging me.

Description of Work
Replace AC unit

08/02/2017

Peter K.

i'm delighted with the result and have already hired andy for more work exterior woodwork.

Description of Work
a new door needed to be installed on the side of my garage.

Category woodworking, doors

08/02/2017

Peter K.

excellent job: tight, level, everything was right.

Description of Work
exterior door (garage) replaced

07/21/2017

Dr Gary B.

Andy is a Class Act! I hired another guy who was a neighbor but Andy came on time for the estimate. Even though I told him I had hired someone else, he looked at the job, made very good suggestions, and was just a good guy! If I ever need a carpenter again I will call him.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking

11/15/2016

Robert B.

Andy is a true character, and a true professional. On removal of the drop ceiling, there was found to be a plaster ceiling which needed to come down. This added to the time and expense. He did the work alone. Cleanup was effective, and done nightly. We now have a beautiful ceiling with a chandelier and crown moulding. We could not be happier with Andy, and we will use him again and recommend him to friends.

Description of Work
We had a drop ceiling which needed to come down, to be replaced with sheetrock.

Category contractors, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, woodworking

10/09/2016

Theodore M.

Very well, the work was beautiful no problems. On time from estimate to completion of job.

Description of Work
Dry wall in kitchen ceiling had to be installed, from skylight that was removed. Call once and he got right back to.

Category contractors, drywall, plastering

05/13/2016

Barbara N.

Andy was always on time, professional, efficient and careful to explain in detail what he planned to do. All the work to be done was detailed in writing before he began the job. All the work was completed as detailed. The repairs in the basement (the only ones that can be readily seen) were such that I couldn't even tell the holes had ever been there! Not only did he do a beautiful job, but he is a considerate, kind and good person and it was a pleasure to have him around the house. I have already hired him to do some additional work replacing some vinyl windows. I recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Andy repaired holes made by a plumber in order to access a leaky pipe. The holes were in the back wall of the kitchen cabinet beneath the sink, the back wall behind the dishwasher, and the ceiling and wall in the finished basement.

Category drywall

11/02/2015

Jackie L.

We put in a call early in the morning for some emergency services to help remove some wall so our exterminator can examine inside our wall for pest control issues. Andy returned our call right away and was able to be at our house with the hour. He was very clear about what he charges and how he works. Andy is extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. He gave us written quotes and receipts for all work done. Andy takes his time, so he can be a little pricey but he does excellent work. I think you get what you pay for and beyond with his quality. Our exterminator was also highly impressed with his work, and NO ONE can tell there were multiple holes that were opened in very visible areas of our kitchen once he completed and closed up the walls! I would definitely work with Andy again.

Description of Work
Open/ close up wall and ceiling for pests review inside and outside house. Removed soffits and refitted outside wall plywood.

Category contractors, handyman service, siding

10/28/2015

brian S.

Andy takes pride in his work. Once he completes the task @ hand, he leaves the job site spotless! Thx Andy, will be in touch with future work!!

Description of Work
Located a leak

09/16/2015

Bessie J.

Two thumbs up for this servi:e provider from the beautiful lady who answered the initial phone call to the completion of the job by the perfect gentleman we call Mr. Andy. Will contact him again after we save up money for more repairs. Many thanks. Bessie & Sam Jackson, Hempstead NY.

Description of Work
Andy came the same day he was contacted, assessed the situation, stated what he could do and quoted the approximate cost to repair. He recommended two contractors if we wanted a complete replacement. He gave contact information for clients he'd done similar work. He showed up promptly on the appointment date and repaired delapidated inside steps to basement we thought we had to replace. He removed vinyl covering and used a tourniquet method to pull steps back into slots. He shored them up in back so they are now sturdy and safe. He stopped once to retrieve coffee from his truck. He freely gave his opinion as to the possible cause of a leak in back of my kitchen wall to me and to a contractor our insurance company had sent out. He cleaned up and chased the garbage truck who took it away.

Category concrete repair, handyman service, remodeling, basement remodeling

09/05/2015

Suhey S.

Andy was very professional and kind. (My cat took to him right away, and she hates everyone.) He was very knowledgeable and precise. He quoted us, even was open to use some materials we already had on-hand to lower the price. He did an amazing job, no longer even noticeable. He offered to paint as well, and gave us time to think about whether or not we needed it. Job came out perfect AND he was even kind enough to look at some other minor issue around the house and offer suggestions. Also, showed genuine concern for the issues that we were having with our plumbing. Very nice, professional and we would certainly use again.

Description of Work
Sheet rocked a hole in the ceiling and added a cover.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing

08/06/2015

M F.

This is the second time we have worked with Andy's Carpentry LLC. We were so thankful that we were able to fit in his schedule!! Andy responded to our email enquiry ASAP. Please note: in the Business Description category for Andy's Carpentry LLC, email enquiries are the preferred mode of contact. We arranged with Andy for a walk-through of everything we requested so that together we could propose and discuss ideas, a work plan and scheduling. Similar to the last time we worked with Andy, we were very happy with all of the work he completed. Andy offered us some original ideas that allowed us to really reflect and properly envision the steps he would take. He was extremely thorough, he explained every detail, and he was kind and patient with any questions we had during the process. We would not hesitate to work with Andy again and have already recommended him to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Including: >Cement work >Front door with frame replacement (including stain and top-coat) >Interior door repairs >Repairs to outdoor stairs >Siding repairs >Foundation wall repair

Category drywall, handyman service, siding, woodworking, doors

06/16/2015

Angela C.

My mother recently had hip surgery and needed someone to install grab bars in her tub. I read reviews about Andy and gave her his phone number. He returned her first call same day and was able to come by for an estimate later that day. He later came back in a couple of days and completed extremely quickly and diligently. My mother was extremely happy with the quality of work performed, price, and responsiveness Andy had. She will definitely be using him in the future.

Description of Work
Installed grab bars in a bathroom tub

Category handyman service, home remodeling

06/04/2015

Christopher F.

When I called the contact number, Andy was immediately available to discuss the problem. He gave me a clear timeline as to when he would be available that same day and promptly called me before arriving at my house. He was gracious, honest, courteous and helpful. He set clear expectations for what he was able to do. Will certainly use again as needed.

Description of Work
Andy carefully and strategically un-jammed an old wooden door in my house.

12/23/2014

Richard K.

Exactly as I wanted it. Since we were going away and I had a painter scheduled, I gave Andy a key to the house and he completed everything while I was away. Except for the new doors you would never know that he was here. He is a perfectionist and kept everything very clean. I would use Andy's services again if needed.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 5 interior doors and replaced all molding.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

11/23/2014

Nancy T.

Hasn't gone yet - when the work is done, I'll comment.

Description of Work
Andy inspected a garage door and window that a previous supplier/contractor quoted a low price of 2K to repair. After his inspection, he told me 1.5K part of the repair was not needed, and that a window (the $500 part) might or might not replacing - I am waiting for a quote on a small window, and will meet with him to discuss possible work. I was beyond impressed with his honesty, and loved not being 'hustled'. I am thinking of another project for him - all because of his honesty.

11/20/2014

John Z.

It went generally well. Project turned out to be larger than originally planned by me. Andy was diligent, but tended to work fairly long hours on some daysf.

Description of Work
Installed drywall on large portion of living room ceiling

Category drywall

11/02/2014

Mark H.

after some e-mail tag we set up a date for an estimate and andy was punctual. it rained on the work date and andy set up a new date a few days later. the job went well. an extra piece of wood was replaced which we didn't notice during the initial inspection. the damaged wood was replaced and it looked brand new. nice and neat.

Description of Work
replaced soffit and trim to area that was damaged. application of primer paint was also done.

10/18/2014

Dian O.

We went from first contact to job completion within a week! Andy did a thorough, detailed, professional job (including clean-up, a step I've found that many contractors skip). It's hard to imagine there was ever a giant hole in the wall! On the personal side, he was prompt and friendly. I would absolutely hire him again and have already recommended him to friends.

Description of Work
Andy removed a large built-in air conditioner from our living room wall, then repaired the wall inside and out.

Category drywall, handyman service

07/14/2014

Amity C.

We needed some work done on our deck. I left a message. No one returned my phone call.

Description of Work
Did not return phone call.

07/09/2014

Charles O.

I recommended him to some friends. He is reasonable and has hanged up retractable shelves in my garage. He installed new locks and painted my door. He is on time and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I used Andy's and I was happy with them.

Category doors

04/23/2014

Alex R.

He was very friendly and prompt to his appointment. He gave us a run down of what he could do. Unfortunately, the scope of our project was rather large, so we ended up going with someone else. Nevertheless, he was very prompt, professional, and would consider using him for smaller projects.

Description of Work
Came by to discuss teh project we had available and explain his services.