Earl B Feiden Appliance

Founded 1926 • With Angi since July 2006

3.3

Family owned and operated since 1926; now operating in our fourth generation, and offering the best in home appliances at the best price. We sell nearly every brand of major appliances on the market, and operate one of the largest service departments in upstate New York. Servicing every appliance we sell. Everything is handled in house from product sales, delivery and service. Every person that works in the field under our name is our employee; we do not subcontract any work to third party companies....

Greczyn Brothers

Greczyn Brothers is a family-owned business owned by two brothers. When we started this business we wanted to change the face of appliance repair. Offering quick online booking and payments, honest repairs/prices, as well as keeping customers in the loop through text message upon arrival and emailed invoices where customers can see estimates broken down in an easy to understand format. Being a small owner-operated business allows us to give customer a faster more oriented approach to diagnosing and fixing all home appliance needs. While having 20 years of combined appliance repair service you can be assured that Greczyn Brothers will always be using the most up to date diagnostic tools and equipment available to ensure all problems are properly handled.

Greczyn Brothers Appliance Repair and Service LLC

A&A Service Center LLC

Service and Repair of all major appliances, HVAC System and Commercial Refrigeration and Commercial Dishwashers (domestic and foreign brands). We accept checks and cash only. Serving the area since 2008.

06/13/2019

Laura G.

Very helpful and knowledgable service from Dan at their Clifton Park store when shopping for a range hood. It's great to get information and honest recommendations from a store representative who clearly knows and cares about the products.

Description of Work
range hood

04/03/2018

Ted H.

Beware of sales and they do not own up to their mistakes! This was my 3rd purchase from Earl B Feiden in Latham NY. First 2 experiences were fine and this was for a refrigerator. I went in and asked for a black whirlpool refrigerator and the salesman said they didn't have any in stock and would need to order one, but they had stainless. I said I needed black so we went and ordered one from the book. I had a bad water leak coming from the refrigerator and waited 4 days for delivery, only to receive a stainless refrigerator. It was Friday and I was getting ready for a vacation and explained it wasn't right to the service installer but that I need something installed right away so in it went. Meanwhile, the installer had an issue with the new water hookup and decided to add a new one next to the existing. I called the Latham office on a Friday to explain that I received the wrong refrigerator and was told I had to speak with my sales associate only and to call Saturday. Saturday morning I wake up to water in my basement due to the old water connection being left in place. So now I call asking about 1) a leak in my basement and 2) the wrong refrigerator. The salesman tells me the install was done right and that since I put food in the refrigerator there is nothing he can do. Further the salesman starts to tell me I ordered a Stainless refrigerator, to which I politely say "not a chance I would do that since all of my appliances are BLACK and I told you I needed BLACK." The service department came back Saturday and the guy who installed it then replaced the old water line valve with a new one, which isn't right, but at least it isn't leaking right now. The salesman, well he claimed he would contact "the Feiden's" and I never heard back from anyone. Needless to say I now am the proud owner of something that even Lowes or Home Depot would have fixed and that is a sad testament. I'll be shopping elsewhere and certainly not supporting this local establishment in a positive light.

Description of Work
Replace Leaking Refrigerator with New Refrigerator

04/17/2017

Diane Y.

Very well. Sales staff was helpful and we were happy with the entire process

Description of Work
Bought appliances

Category appliance sales

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!!!!

12/22/2016

VINCENT C.

The gentleman was fine. He reviewed the situation thoroughly and said parts would have to be ordered and that he would call us the following Monday with a cost of the parts. It has been over 1 week and we have heard nothing.

Description of Work
Refrig repair for a 6 yr old Samsung; ice building up in back wall; door gasket torn; and water dispenser arm broke.

10/30/2016

John T.

Our new refrigerator door was finally installed on Sept. 12, 2016. According to the folks at Feiden Appliance said they were at the mercy of Maytag for our refrigerator door. If this is the case they should not make promises regarding replacement times. Also, they should communicate with the customer regarding these delivery problems instead of leaving the customer with no idea as to what is happening. My recommendation to people who are purchasing new appliances is to never accept delivery if you have the slightest ding on a product. At least Feiden's did come through although I must say, not in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
We purchased all new stainless Maytag kitchen appliances on May 16, 2016. Delivery and set up went well except the left door of our refrigerator had a dent below the ice/water dispenser. Delivery person said that they could replace the dented door in 8-12 weeks. We accepted delivery believing that we could get the new door in 8-12 weeks. This turned out to be a big mistake!

08/27/2016

John T.

It is now August 28 and we have not had our new door delivered/installed. We have called several times and did go out to Latham to the store twice to check on the status of our door. They don't seem to know when the door will be delivered. I called Maytag customer service on the 26th of August and they said they had no record of a left door being ordered. We are now into 15 weeks and counting and we are less than pleased with the way we have been treated by Feiden Appliance of Latham, ny.

Description of Work
We purchased a Maytag kitchen appliance package from Feiden Appliance in May of this year. Our pieces were delivered and installed on May 16, 2016, included were dishwasher, microwave oven, range and refrigerator all in stainless. The french door refrigerator had a dent on the left door below the ice dispenser. The set up man said we would have a new door delivered and installed in 8-12 weeks so we accepted the refrigerator.

08/26/2016

John T.

Delivery & hook up went well. We noticed a dent in the left door of the refrigerator under the ice maker. The delivery person told us we could have a new door installed in 8-12 weeks. It is now August 26, 2016 and we cannot pin Feidens down to a delivery date for replacement. After going over to the Latham store twice I decided to call Maytag customer service today. They said they have no order number for a replacement door for our french door refrigerator. Feiden service just tells us we will call you when the door comes in. We are very disappointed with Feiden's lack of service.

Description of Work
Delivered a Maytag kitchen appliance package in Stainless steel on May 16, 2016. Included were a dishwasher, range, microwave oven and french door refrigerator.

08/16/2015

Ann Marie M.

My French door refrigerator died six months before a major renovation that would include new appliances on a Saturday. I went to Feiden's to find a solution since I was not sure of which fridge to buy with the new cabinets, etc. With the patient help of Ted I was able to troubleshoot the problem, identity a potential replacement but purchase a smaller unit to get us through the next six months and act as a garage backup soda/watermelon/beer unit after the renovation. They rearranged the delivery date and time first thing Monday morning to accommodate my emergency. Keith and Mark showed up early, were in and out in a flash. They were helpful answering questions about the unit, worked well together and left without a trace. They were patient and allowed me to clean out the area under the old fridge before installing the new one. In the end we have a good solution to our dilemma and I have time to make the right decision on the next appliance. .

Description of Work
Sold and delivered a refrigerator.

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

08/12/2014

Brian M.

Their salesman was good & very helpful. Their installation staff was terrible. They damaged our brand new granite counter top when installing the range. They did not level the range nor install it properly. When installing the fridge they ran a screw through a brand new kitchen cabinet panel. It was like they had no clue what they were doing. Feiden's did send another crew in to level the range and correct that, but we're still fighting with them (over 8 months) over reimbursement for the damage they did to the counter top and cabinet.

Description of Work
Sold and installed high end Wolf & Sub Zero kitchen appliances.

07/09/2013

Michael D.

When the dishwasher started leaking on our wood flooring, I called Feiden's. It was a Saturday afternoon and the repairman came out and shut off the water and said he would order the part from a local supplier. So far impressed. Then we were scheduled for repair on Monday afternoon (a week after the Saturday call). The tech said he would call for the time. No call. Trying to contact service at Feiden's takes more patience than I can muster. 11 calls all busy. When you do get voicemail on service, you leave a message only to hear "This user's voicemail is full!" The tech said we'd be the first on call for the next day. When I finally got through to service, I was told to wait a second; (5.5 minutes later!) they told me I am not on any service schedule. But they could come next week.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken and leaking valve on dishwasher.

Earl B Feiden Appliance

Founded 1926 • With Angi since July 2006

3.3

785 US-9

Latham, NY 12110

Ranges, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, washers, dryers, patio heaters, grills, service bars, warming dryers, wine storage, unique, specialty appliances.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available