Shapiro Construction

Founded 2012 • With Angi since December 2019

Shapiro Construction is experienced and skilled in a variety of areas. Privately owned and operated, with over 10 years of experience. Our small crew is highly skilled, so we are able to keep costs efficient. We take pride in honest, timely communication. Some of our services include: Remodeling,

Remodeling - General Project

handyman

Custom Closet
View project

4.4

handyman (10)woodworking (5)interior painting (3)roofing (3)lawn & landscaping (2)house cleaning (2)HVAC Companies (2)electrician (2)basement remodeling (1)patio enclosures (1)house painting (1)home remodeling (1)

11/22/2021

Lyn H.

I'm hesitant to say how awesome Shapiro Construction is because I would not mind keeping them all to myself. But they helped me so much, I want to give others the chance to choose their services. First, Mr. Shapiro is incredibly talented in all the things! Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, all of it, and he knows Code. I hired him for 1 project and then immediately hired him for 3 more! Bring him your weird problems, the jobs other people botched, the stuff you aren't even sure is possible. He will find a way to make it happen, and the work will be structurally sound (he made my old 1850s house stronger than it was before!), with a beautiful aesthetic. Moreover, he will clean up his work area at the end of every day. He is a good communicator, and shows up on the days he says he will! Reliable, talented, a good listener, and eager to involve the client in all the decisions--I give Shapiro Construction my highest recommendation. They will not be your lowest bid, but they are well worth it. The other guys who bid lower are the ones who use shoddy materials, leave the jobs half finished, and then don't come back again or return your calls for weeks. Mr. Shapiro gives clear timeliness. Pay a little more for the quality work and the better service of Shapiro Construction. It will be worth it for a headache-free job working with someone who collaborates with you and responds to the individual quirks of your house, and guarantees a beautiful finished product. I know my house represents a better long-term investment because of the work done by Shapiro Construction.

Description of Work
Structural supports in basement, wall rebuild/repair, drywall, water heater replacement

Category electrician, picture framing, handyman service, hauling services, remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

10/28/2021

Morris E.

Amazingly. The project was smooth and the end result was a dream.

Description of Work
Front Porch Repair

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

10/09/2021

Vincent B.

I was unable to be present when the work was being done and Daniel supplied me with all progress photos and the finished product is fabulous. My house is left clean and he even move the furniture back into place at the repairs are made. Without a doubt The best experience I’ve ever had with any contractor.

Description of Work
structural repairs, floor joists, concrete footings, ceiling panels, siding replacement

Category picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/09/2021

10/08/2021

J.E. M.

They began work two days after giving me a quote, finished quickly and came in on budget (during a period of time when it’s hard to get a phone call returned). I’m happy with the work and wouldn’t hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof, Gutter, Window Trim Installation

Category handyman service, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

07/22/2021

Anthony S.

We bought a house with two rooms that were only partly enclosed and we needed a wall built up to the ceiling. The job was complex and required creativity to get the results we wanted on a budget. Dan was great. He came up with creative solutions and executed them on time. Dan listened to our feedback and made adjustments where necessary; was reliable; and is a good communicator. We are very happy we found Dan and hope to use him on future large renovation projects.

Description of Work
Interior Construction

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

11/21/2020

Mark G.

Dan Shapiro displayed Great knowledge and expertise in helping remodel a two family home in Troy. Dan goes the extra mile to make sure every last detail is perfect. Quality work, great prices, would recommend to anybody!

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

10/08/2020

D.K. K.

I showed him stairs to rebuild, and space to insulate at the time he visited. I felt he might be over his head in attempting to rebuild the steps, so I emailed him that I have a list of handyman projects that he could do first and see how that turned out. No reply from him after his one visit.

Description of Work
Rebuild exterior steps; insulate

Category insulation, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

09/04/2020

Evan K.

very well. dan was great to work with and taught me a thing or two.

Description of Work
Handymen / carpentry

Category handyman service, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

07/22/2020

Anezka S.

1. Dan Shapiro accepted the job after a short consultation visit. He demanded 50% upfront. I asked him to produce an invoice for the $1,925.00 which was the first 1/2. He produced a pencil scribbled piece of paper. We blindly trusted him and he cashed the check right away. After 3 hours of work on his first day, he disappeared causing us to think that he had disappeared with our money. He reappeared many days later and told me that my many calls to find him was "harassing" him. 2. He promised to finish in one week. After repeatedly pushing the schedule of our job we gave him the deadline of Friday, August 7th which was three weeks after he started the job. He hung up on us. 3. We kept meticulous records of when he arrived and left. He worked for us for 13 hours and 20 minutes. He claimed he worked 30 hours! 4. The materials for the screen frames were purchased incorrectly. He was sent the correct links for the ScreenTight and he ignored them. He also told us that he was planning on just staple gunning the screen--something that would have looked really bad--all of his work is sloppy and unsightly. 5. Some of the receipts he produced for materials are illegible and there is no way for us to verify that they are his. He produced a receipt for a 4x8 piece of plexiglass that was close to $1,000. We did our research and we think he falsified the receipt. 3/16th plexiglass costs under $200 for a 4x8 sheet. 6. His general lack of accountability and rude behavior made the job very unpleasant. 7. When we asked him to make his job look better, he wanted us to pay him $250 more to do the trim. 8. We discovered that he hung one door crookedly. He ruined the second door by resetting the lock SIX times so that there are holes everywhere. In the final assessment, the work is not done. Most of the work he did is done so poorly that it has to be done over. He created a mess every time he was here and left junk everywhere on the job site.

Description of Work
Build a small wall and screen in our porch with plexiglass on the bottom below the rail and screen above the rail. Frame and hang two doors.

Category sunrooms

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

04/11/2020

Steve K.

Daniel did an incredible job building a custom shelving unit plus helping on some painting both indoor and outdoor. He is precise and works efficiently. Would recommend to anyone looking for home repairs or custom built work.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General, Handymen, Painting - Interior

Category handyman service, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

03/15/2020

farah P.

Dan was excellent at responding to communication and showing up when he said he would. He is up for any job around your house and is reliable and responsive.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C, Handymen

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

03/15/2020

farah P.

Dan was excellent in response time and showing up when he said he would, which is uncommon with contractors. A responsible and responsive individual.

Description of Work
pellet stove removal

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

02/24/2020

Tedd V.

Dan does quality work in a timely fashion at a fair price. Great communications too.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

01/03/2020

Zach K.

Dan was very, timely, responsive and I would be happy to work with him in the future!

Description of Work
New construction

Category home builders

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

01/02/2020

Jesse S.

It was great. He did it on time and he was on a budget.

Description of Work
They replaced my fence.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

12/30/2019

Jordan C.

Dan did a great job on a stylish little enclosure cabinet for the pipes on a propane stove in our guest cottage. Terrific attitude, punctual, and reasonable.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General, Handymen, Heating & A/C

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

12/30/2019

Siobhan G.

Excellent. Fair quote, speedy and efficient work!

Description of Work
Plumbing, Painting - Interior, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Landscaping, Roofing, Heating & A/C, Housecleaning, Remodeling - General, Electrical, Handymen

Category electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, house cleaning, landscaping, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

12/24/2019

Lisa G.

working w Dan is a delight! he is capable of so many different skill sets and once you start to work with him on one project they reveal themself, like layers of an onion...his enthusiasm and super positive vibe bring another level to any and all jobs he takes...i highly recommend hiring SHAPIRO CONSTRUCTION for any job you have, big or small

Description of Work
Handymen, Landscaping, Housecleaning, Misc Carpentry, Painting

Category furniture repair, handyman service, house cleaning, landscaping, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

Thanks for the kind review! I enjoy working with you because I get to be creative in different ways. I like how organized you are. I look forward to working with you again, I think our skill sets really complement each other well!

Contact