Steve Lauschus Plumbing & Heating Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since March 2006

Serving The Area

Kings Park, NY 11754

Family owned and operated Steve Lauschus Plumbing was established in 1985. Steve is a second generation plumber with an extensive background in all phases of plumbing and heating from a foundation he built working alongside his father who has been a plumber for 60+ years. Building a business on quality customer service and long term relationships with local businesses Steve Lauschus Plumbing is the go-to service provider for all your plumbing needs....

09/09/2020

Kathy K.

Poorly. Steve would not return calls. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
New equipment.

Category plumbing, remodeling

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review I looked back at all my notes and voicemails cannot find anything that matches your name maybe you tried a different plumber I’m a one-man show I try to get back to everyone Since this coronavirus everyone is doing business a little bit differently and when you rely on cell phones sometimes messages don’t go through I still run my business like my dad taught me I’m old-school and I still have a home phone people text me to my home phone but it’s not a cell phone Text messages do not go through I wish you would’ve just tried calling me again instead of leaving a review Sorry we couldn’t do business Owner Steve Lauschus

05/08/2018

Laura G.

Don't even bother!! I called twice and this guy never even had the decency to return a phone call! That is NOT the way to do business!

Description of Work
Laundry Room sink was leaking

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review I’m a one-man operation I’m very busy and I had Family tragedies in the last couple weeks Sorry didn’t take the time to tell you that I couldn’t do the job which I should’ve Steve

12/25/2017

Brian G.

Went perfectly as usual. Steve is our go-to plumber for a reason.

Description of Work
Fixed our shower facet

06/02/2017

Brian G.

Steve is a jewel... no-nonsense, reasonable, and trustworthy plumber. Just fixed our guest room shower and gave us a very good price/plan to fix another one that's been out of service for a bit. Have used him twice now. Recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Shower stopped working in our guest room. Needed replacement for internals and dial.

11/30/2016

Josh R.

Steve's lifetime of plumbing skills and abilities saved us $$$ because he was able to fix the problem with out digging up our entire front yard to replace pipe. The price gave us sticker shock, but we realize the complexity of it could have been far more if he had made a single mistake. Steve has been our go to plumber since moving to Kings Park in 2012. Our home was built in 1966, so it seems each year we have one plumbing issue occur. Generally our past jobs with him have been in the $450 range. One year we had a leaking toilet pipe above our kitchen. Another year we had a leaking baseboard radiator in our bedroom. After that we had our pipeline behind our washing machine clog, so Steve came and snaked plus built an extension to make it easier for future snaking. Steve is a jack of all trades. One year we had him even clear a sprinkler lines while moving between tasks to avoid paying the irrigation company coming a week later. Steve is a one man show, so the one thing you'll need when hiring him is some flexibility on start date. However, once he gives you a time and date he always delivers, He's also got a good sense of humor which makes him easy to talk to, and he's good at talking to children. My wife has made these same observations about him as well.

Description of Work
We had a broken house trap in the garage. This is the main pipe line leading to the septic tank out front. This required jack-hammering, digging and welding. This was causing back-ups to our toilets and showers along with making our garage smell like a Porto J.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

11/23/2016

Paul S.

First service good. But now does not return calls. Very frustrating.

Description of Work
I had a leaky pipe. Steve came and did a quality job. A little pricey, but that's just what plumbers charge. Now I need additional services and he never returns calls.

09/26/2016

Judith G.

The capacity of the water tank installed underestimated the atypical amount of hot water we call for in a short time. As a result, it proved inadequate for our unique life style. Steve removed the brand new water tank which required great effort in very hot weather and replaced it with a larger capacity model without hesitation. He remained in touch with us to be sure the replacement tank fulfilled our needs. There was no additional charge even though we offered to compensate him for the many extra hours of labor and additional expense of the new tank he removed. He clearly demonstrated a caring attitude as he would for his own family. His only concern was our comfort and satisfaction. This he completely achieved.

Description of Work
Replaced gas water heater and gas furnace. He also removed a non working antiquated supplementary recovery water heater.

06/14/2016

Maria R.

It was perfect. He came out, fixed it, and was out the door. His price wasn't too bad, either.

Description of Work
He unclogged a drain.

Category drain cleaning

05/08/2016

jerome B.

Very professional communications and planning before installation. Project completed in a timely manner and all plumbing installation was meticulous and met all code requirements. Steve is a master plumber who will not cut corners and holds himself to the highest standards of customer service and satisfaction all at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
installed gas line to pool heater

05/05/2016

Kurt R.

Steve came late at night to fix a broken full valve on the toilet. He was concerned that I would have a flood so he came right over. He was courteous and friendly. He cleaned up after he was finished and checked that everything was working correctly.

Description of Work
Fixed Toilet

04/21/2016

louise M.

Good, capable, clean work in a reasonable time. Responded to my phone call while on another job.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted copper hot water pipe

01/30/2016

Naren J.

Steve came right on time.as scheduled. Replaced the sink drain, and the U pipe. Works great. No fuss.

Description of Work
Replaced Sink drain

11/21/2015

Heather A.

Took call on cell phone from under a sink at another job. Promised to call next day and did. Set appointment for following Saturday. He called Saturday morning to let me know approximate arrival time and updated once during the day. Arrived when expected, got right to work, explained to me what he was doing every step of the way - including how to fix the bathroom problem myself if it happens again. Friendly and professional while on-site. Great price. He's now our "family plumber."

Description of Work
Cleaned out bathroom faucet and pipes to restore normal pressure. Dismantled kitchen drain to install missing washers at two locations that had been causing a persistent leak.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

11/18/2015

todd B.

Noticed water leaking from my aging hot water heater. Called Steve on a Sunday. He was actually on his way home from church in his Sunday best. Said he would change, get his truck and come over. He quickly showed up and diagnosed what I assumed; that the hot water heater needed to be replaced. It was already well past its normal life expectancy. Steve ordered the unit and quickly replaced it on that Monday. Job was done quickly and correctly and have had zero problems. He was professional, personable and courteous. In addition, he fully cleaned up the area after the work was completed. If you want someone who is both completely honest, competent and professional, he is the plumber for you. Would highly recommend and will use again as needed.

Description of Work
Replaced gas hot water heater.

11/14/2015

Judith G.

The cooktop did not fit properly into a granite surround. Steve modified the structure so that the cooktop fit without damaging the surround. He also found a creative way to get the drawers in the underneath cabinet to remain serviceable by modifying the cabinet. This took not only patience, but creative problem solving, and outstanding professional skill. He also corrected a problem on the toilet that had eluded other plumbers' attempts. He reset the water heater temperature by overcoming the problem of a broken knob.

Description of Work
Steve installed a cooktop the day it arrived , repaired a toilet, caulked a problem area in my barbecue, and reset the temperature on my water heater.

09/27/2015

Samuel G.

Called on a Sunday alarmed about the main water line called me backed right away and solved my problem over the phone what a great man.

Description of Work
Gave me a verbal advice on what to do it worked flawlessly.

09/08/2015

Martin C.

Excellent. Timely, courteous, professional and quick.

Description of Work
Repair hot water feed line and change frost free valve

08/17/2015

Mary Ellen S.

I CALLED STEVE LAUSCHUS AND HE CAME IN 15 MINUTES. IN 20 MINUTES THE NEW FAUCET WAS INSTALLED. I WAS VERY WELL SATISFIED WITH THE WORK. HE WAS VERY NEAT AND PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
Replace a kitchen faucet with a new one.

Category plumbing, remodeling, wells, home remodeling

08/10/2015

Bob S.

Went great, would definitely hire again. Steve's a good guy and I recommend him.

Description of Work
Repaired toilet leaks.

05/24/2015

William P.

best plumber ever called back right away came on time did quality work for a reasonable price......what more could one want?

Description of Work
replace leaking refrigerator water hose

Category plumbing

Just got to say one of the nicest customers i'm very sorry he's selling his house and moving away Thank you for letting me be your plumber

05/06/2015

Peter R.

Gave Steve a time window when I was home. He showed up as agreed on time. Cleared the clog in the drain pipe from the washing machine. I used Steve before and I will use him again.

Description of Work
Water backing up from washing machine into kitchen sink.

04/29/2015

Buddy C.

Steve came first thing in the morning as promised. He performed the work, he was able to tell us exactly why the failure took place. After a few hours he was all done, and we had our bathroom back. I have used Steve a few times and all of his work is excellent. I highly recommend Steve to anyone.

Description of Work
Steve installed a new toilet waste line. We had a new tile floor installed and the company improperly re-installed the toilet and caused a leak. Steve needed to replace the toilet flange, down pipe and plumping connections to the waste line.

04/29/2015

Michael L.

I don't normally give out 5 star great reviews because they can seem uncritical, but in this case it was well deserved. Steve was great. He talked with me the night before when I had the issue and followed up in the morning when I had to get the water company out. He worked with the water company on site to get the water off and then very quickly replaced my valve and pipe section. He was professional and polite and let me know exactly what he was doing. I would absolutely recommend him.

Description of Work
replaced main gate valve into home and section of broken pipe

04/12/2015

Greg S.

First, appears all the work was done properly. And he was pleasant to deal with. I outlined the work that was needed and was very specific about that. He said it would be 300-400. And that it would take a few hours. He ended up charging us $800+ (I wasn't there when finished). I called and asked if the projected changed or why more and didn't really get an answer. Said he alter it and send money back. Better yet, that will be the last time he comes to my house for work.

Description of Work
Gave him a list of a number of items that needed addressed. Probably five in total. Fix faucets, etc.

03/29/2015

marcy B.

on a sunday afternoon the bathroom shut-off in my bedroom had a lovely leak that would just not wait. steve called back within ten minutes and came over shortly thereafter.he went to work immediately fixing not the leak i'd called for but one that i've been using a tupperware to catch(it was "fixed" twice before) not well. next steve fixed the bathroom shut off,plus a few other things i gues the bowl needed. he waited for the water to fill and checked for leaks and faulty valves.even though he had personal business to attend to ,he stayed until he was satisfied and i would not be calling back for these leaks. i will be calling him back for any other plumbing issues i might have. he was neat,thorough.promt,and polite.

Description of Work
called back in 10 minutes was here within less than 2 hours.fixed the leak and then another

Category plumbing

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp.

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp. has been trusted and recommended since 1971, and recognized for our superb service. We are family owned and operated, with guaranteed great service. Our company specializes in all types of work, from leaking faucets to large commercial projects. Your 100% satisfaction is not only our goal...it's our promise to you. We won't leave until you're happy!

EVERGREEN CUSTOM CESSPOOL

Owner operated. Free estimates. Special attention given to emergency situations. Competative pricing.

Best Flo Sewer & Drain Cesspool Service

Family owned & operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Plumbing, repair work, clogged drains, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, boilers, water heaters, gas conversions, new construction, water heaters, boilers, remodeling & tenant improvements.

Ask for details.