Gerety Building & Restoration

Founded 1982 • With Angi since April 2011

5 Linda Ln

Katonah, NY 10536

For over 40 years, our renowned Westchester and Fairfield County clients have returned time and time again to Gerety Building & Restoration for their custom remodeling, historic home restoration, and specialized design-build renovation needs. Keith Gerety and his team of collaborative specialists bring a hands-on approach to a broad variety of high-quality building and restoration services, specializing in major luxury home renovations. Westchester County and Fairfield County are home to some of the finest architectural masterpieces in the country. The refined homes found in these areas require the expert craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail that Gerety Building & Restoration guarantees as the region’s leading renovation company. Restore your historic home to its former glory with expert contracting services ranging from exquisite custom masonry to full exterior home restoration....

07/13/2015

Lynn B.

I spoke with Keith Garety and although he could not do the work I needed done, he was extremely helpful. Keith responded quickly to my initial call. I was not home and he left a message and followed up with an e-mail. When I called back, and explained what I needed, he was unable to do the work but gave me several names of people who might be of help and offered to help me find someone else if those leads did not. Although I found someone else on my own, I was impressed at how helpful he was.

Description of Work
I needed a small area of wood flooring refinished.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/30/2015

Janet S.

Category woodworking,home remodeling

06/09/2015

Barry B.

I never heard from anyone. After almost 1 week I called again and left a message on an answering machine. At that point I expected to hear from Mr. Gerety. But, I never heard from anyone at all. For that reason, I give this company an F.

Description of Work
After seeing the Angie's List reviews I contacted the provider to request a home visit to discuss my project. I also asked if Mr. Gerety worked with architects as I thought we might need one. The woman answering the phone challenged the assertion I might need an architect and suggested I might just need a designer. I told her I was speaking with architects and didn't know how to find a designer if I did indeed need one. I asked for Mr. Gerety to call me back to further discuss.

Category woodworking

[member name removed], I am very sorry we did not return your call. We proudly have excellent communications with our clients under contract. We are a small firm that prides itself on quality work which requires my personal attention on every project. Our clients have been pleased with the personal attention we provide and usually ask us back for additional projects. However, we have a high demand for requests for estimates and we make every effort to return calls in a timely matter. Again I personally meet with everyone who requests an estimate which sometimes requires scheduling a weeks in advance. Again, I apologize for not contacting you and for any inconvenience I may have caused. I would be happy to meet with you to review your project should you still be interested. best regards, Keith Gerety President/Owner

05/05/2014

daniel K.

Job was started as scheduled. The crew was fantastic in workmanship, cleanliness, cooperation and friendliness. Being a detail oriented person, I found the workmanship flawless and couldn't be more pleased. While not the cheapest painter that I could find, the job I received was worth every penny.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and carpentry repairs.

Category woodworking,house painters

03/12/2014

Laurie J.

What began as a smaller project, replacing shower glass, became a larger one as we discovered water damage and rotting wood in the structure of the shower. Keith was very considerate in laying out my options, not assuming I would take the most expensive route, but telling me of all of my possible solutions to a serious problem. When I had decided, he acted quickly and professionally in creating the shower of my dreams. Throughout the process, he was always courteous, attentive, fast to respond, and creative in his solutions. He is a pleasure to work with. All of his estimates were accurate, and there were no surprises from his end. I will definitely use his services in the future, and recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Replaced shower glass in 2 bathrooms, and renovated shower in master bath.

Category glass repair,remodeling,water damage restoration,woodworking,home remodeling

03/11/2014

Melissa W.

I am writing to share my exceptional experience I have had over the years with Gerety Building & Restoration. The owner Keith Gerety does a fantastic job managing his projects from start to finish ! Our first project with Gerety Building was replacing the sub floor and the antique wide plank flooring . I was skeptical that Keith would be able to find a replica of the original flooring. Gerety Building floor team did a great job repairing our sub floor then installing new wide plank flooring extremely similar to the old oak flooring already in our home. Throughout the demo, repair & installation of the new floor, Keith kept me in the loop on everything from selection, timing, costs and any interruptions in our home activities. He always put our family first so there would be minimal inconvenience, which we truly appreciated. As a result we had our bathroom, kitchen and deck redone by Gerety Building and Restoration knowing that we would receive excellent workmanship from his team I highly recommend Keith and his company Gerety Building and Restoration!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel, Bathroom Remodel, Wood Floor Installation.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

02/23/2014

John A.

Long overdue note to say until moving last summer, I used Keith's services for well over a decade for big and small construction projects (bathrooms, wood floors, cabinetry, doors and complete remodeling) and painting inside and out). He gives accurate estimates, shows up on time, shows up in dire emergencies and does great work and his guys clean up really well when they are done. If there are delays, he will tell you as soon as possible. I recommend without reservation.

Description of Work
Just about everything

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

08/19/2013

Heather W.

Kieth is a top notch professional. He shows up completely organized and focused on the task. For every job where we worked with him, he always carefully recorded all my requests accurately which resulted in excellence from start to finish. I was so pleased to see the craftsmen show up right on time every day with everything they needed to do their job. They were careful in everything they did. Total craftsmen and professionals. The subs he hired obviously all like working with kieth and were professionals and also showed up on time and - importantly in budget. They cleaned up after their work each and every day and always were kind and respectful. They seemed like they also enjoyed their job and were taken care of by their boss. This is very important to me. I don't want people working on my property who are not cared for well by their bosses because then it puts me in an uncomfortable situation. I want to write an honest and straightforward review and I just have nothing negative to say. It is not cheap to hire good talented craftsmen in this area, but the cheaper is NEVER the better choice. Every penny paid to Gerety was well worth it. He came in ahead of schedule and under budget each time. His estimates are accurate. He does not sugar coat things. He gives you a real viable estimate- and then comes in at or below it ever time... which i deeply appreciate. His professionalism, his commitment to excellence, his organizational skills, his dedication to follow-through, his adept skills at properly assessing a job, his communication when the unknown strikes- his ability to accurately a**** the pro-s and con's of various solutions to unforseen problems... And lastly but certainly most importantly, his honesty. If only all contractors were like Kieth! If you ever watch the show "holmes on homes"- you see a dedicated focus on quality. That dedication to excellence is obviously what motivates Kieth and I am so lucky to have chosen him for several renovations and I look forward to working with him again soon.

Description of Work
Gut renovation of kitchen, building all custom cabinetry with granite countertops and new brick floor and marble backsplash- all to the design I drew on a napkin! He repair the roof and did custom installation of skylights in my art studio. I could not be more pleased with his consistent commitment to excellence. He had come highly recommended. "If you want someone to do it right the first time- call Kieth" I heard from more than 3 neighbors! That was enough for me to hire them.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,remodeling,roofing,skylights,woodworking,home remodeling

07/25/2013

Nancy Lee F.

Replaced old carpet with new wood floors, on a variety of surfaces, including concrete. Replaced subflooring where necessary and installed insulation where there was none. Identified and repaired exterior rot, holes and water damage. Dramatically increased home value with expert installation that accommodated a 1950s modern home in need of repair and improvement. Crew worked on time and relentlessly, taking care to respect large brood of pets. Job took several weeks. We were pleased with it. Although the price was higher than some other bidders, when a roof leak appeared and I bid it out, 2 bidders said an entire new roof was required ($5,000-10,000). Gerety identified the problem and repaired it for $100. Five years later, no problems. I am writing this review at such a late because I'm about to bid out a job to Gerety on our new home in Connecticut and I wanted homeowners to know of these fine services.

Description of Work
Installed wood flooring in huge bonus room, halls and bedroom. Designed and installed custom door connecting main house with bonus room. Fixed exterior rot and holes.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,woodworking,doors

07/16/2013

Janie W.

Although Gerety was by far the priciest contractor I interviewed, I used them because of their reputation in the area and because they were able to handle all aspects of the job. As someone with a full time job myself, I felt the extra cost was worth my not having to hire different companies to perform the different aspects of the project, and I expected an exceptional job for the price. The job was good but far from great, as the owner admitted. The more I live with the work, the more imperfections I see. That said, the workers were very prompt, neat and professional, which is more than I can say for the owner. He was difficult to deal with from the start. When the job was complete it became apparant that the workers had mistakenly thrown away the hardware for my living room curtains (without asking). I immediately notified the owner, who refused to make good on the loss. It was more a matter of his attitude than the cost or hassle of replacing the hardware. I had just paid close to $50,000 for a less than perfect job, yet the owner would not make good on a mistake that was undisputedly of his own doing. The insignificant cost of the replacement hardware would have gone a long way to engender good will. What ever happened to the customer is always right?

Description of Work
Replace walls, ceitings and hard wood floors after considerable flood damage. Paint walls.

Category woodworking

04/18/2013

Michael L.

We have used this firm for exterior and interior painting and wall papering for some 15 years. This was our first experience with them for roof and gutter work. The roof needed extensive replacement. It was also our normal interval for repainting the exterior. Super storm "Sandy" happened to hit when they were near completion. The storm took down a large tree that in turn crushed an outbuilding. Their staff completed demolition very promptly so that we could plan for reconstruction. We have continued to use this firm over the years because our experience on each job has been very positive.

Description of Work
cedar shingle reroofing and structure repair, siding and trim repair and preparation for painting, painting plus demolition work due to effects of super storm "Sandy"

Category remodeling,roofing,woodworking,house painters

02/23/2012

Melissa W.

What is particularly attractive about Gerety Building & Restoration, is the fact that they take the burden off us by coordinating and scheduling eachphase of the construction while keeping us informed. When working on our kitchen renovation, Gerety’s team of plumbers, electricians,carpenters, granite & marble installers are ALL very competent, professional and meticulous. In addition, all of the work areas inside and outside my house were kept neat and clean throughout each project. From the first meeting with Keith Gerety, to the final inspection, he made sure I was completely satisfied. So we will be working with him on our next renovation.

Description of Work
Gerety performed a complete kitchen remodel. New cabinets, granite counter tops, flooring, painting, and appliances were installed.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

07/18/2007

Philip S.

Description of Work
Did not contract with this contractor - reporting only on pre-contract interaction. This is a well known and highly visible contractor in the Westchester area. Owner of this painting and carpentry service never met with me. Only a staff person came by who took photos and measurements. Long lag time between meeting with representative and any response from contractor. Had to call to get a response. Total job quote was much higher than the actual cost from another contractor for a LARGER job than the initial job due to finding more problems and repairs needed in the house as work progressed. I got the impression that the owner of this contracting service was not really interested in this job. Price given above ($5,400) includes power washing the house from my actual contractor which was not included in this contractors estimate of ($5,500).

Category interior painters

03/27/2005

CHRISTOPHER S.

EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL AND RESPONSIVE SERVICE PROVIDER TO WHOM WE REFER ALL HOUSEHOLD REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE ISSUES. ALWAYS RESPONSIVE AND REFERS EXCELLENT SUBCONTRACTORS WHEN NOT DOING THE WORK DIRECTLY.

Description of Work
REPAIR AND PAINT OUTSIDE OF HOUSE ALONG WITH DOORS AND WINDOWS. GENERALLY MAINTAIN HOUSE IN ALL RESPECTS ANNUALLY.

Category house painters

Kleenup Restoration Inc

With over 20 years of professional experience, we are here to help you with any and all of your fire and water damage restoration needs!

Life Air Care Duct Cleaning, Inc.

**The BEST in the Business** 24/7 on Call 347-278-1627 .We don't rest if you can't rest! We perform Mold Remediation(NOT MOLD TESTING), Water Damage Restoration,Fire Damage Restoration since 2009. The professionals at Life Air Care have performed comprehensive Air Duct Cleaning and dryer vent exhaust cleaning to customers across Tri State Area (NY,CT,NJ) and the surrounding boroughs. We’re a family owned and operated company that has unparalleled knowledge and expertise of our craft. We value our customers and our owners take the time to perform all free estimates to ensure accuracy, our experts are there for you every step of the way. Our qualified methods strictly stick to the guidelines and rules established by NADCA and the Indoor Air Quality Association. We hire the very best, qualified air duct cleaners in the business. Our technicians are properly trained and certified to the most up-to-date approaches.We are using the lates Technology equipment to complete the most thorough cleaning which will ensure a better, more effective, fresh environment for your house. All Insurance Companies Accepted

Offers by Life Air Care Duct Cleaning, Inc. on Angi
    All Painting Decoration Corp

10% OFF FOR ALL ANGIE'S LIST MEMBERS ON INTERIOR AND 15% ON EXTERIOR(see our coupon) PAINT PROJECTS!!! With over 28 years of experience, All Painting Decoration Corp is a fully insured home and commercial painting contractor. We offer free estimates, for all house painting and commercial painting projects. We are dedicated to making sure that our customers receive the quality service they deserve. With over 28 years of experience, we pride ourselves on offering our customers the highest quality work in the industry with our reliable schedule and lowest possible pricing. Interior and Exterior painting projects require specialized skills and when it comes to house painting in Westchester NY, All Painting Decoration Corp is always a preferred name Professional and Skilled Services Full service painting contractor. Meticulous surface preparation. Most up-to-date painting tools. Quality work completed on time & on budget. All Work and Materials Guaranteed. We take great care of your property and possessions. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide customer satisfaction through our hands-on approach. All Kind of repair & aesthetic jobs. Quality Interior & Exterior house painting services. Interior design Faux painting Complete Restoration Services Paint Stripping Plaster & Drywall Repair Wallpaper Hanging & Removal Smoke Damage Repair gutters cleaning Power Washing Sheetrock Skim Coating Staining Taping Textured Finishes Water Damage Repair Waterproofing Power Washing light carpentry

Offers by All Painting Decoration Corp on Angi

Award-Winning Remodeling Services Contractor, Specializing in: Renovations, Additions, Custom Carpentry , Kitchens, Baths, Wine Cellars, Flooring, Roofing, Masonry, Painting, Driveway Paving, Sitework

Ask for details.