ML Landscaping

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2013

Specializing in Excavation, Landscape Installation, Storm Water Control, Land Clearing, Property Grading, Curtain Drains, Septic System Installation & Repair, Property Clearing, Boulders, Specimen & Privacy Tree's, Utility Trenches, Fill, Bulk Materials, Stump Removal, Brush Clearing, Serving

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Pool demo & Fillin

excavating

202012538
Demolition of an old pool and fill in to restore a useable yard
View project

lawn & landscaping (12)excavating (1)snow removal (29)lawn care (21)tree service (6)leaf removal (5)hardscaping (1)

11/04/2018

Tiffany T.

Mark and his team are real professionals. They cleaned up, removed weeds and invasive plants, and remulched multiple flower and tree beds. Areas look amazing upon completion and were lovely throughout the Fall. Answered all my questions. Always a pleasure - will definitely hire ML Landscaping again!

Description of Work
Gardening, weed removal & mulch

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

06/08/2018

Steven M.

Excellent. They were on time. The owner was involved with each job. The crew is outstanding. I have used them before and they are always reliable and timely. When I got home from work I was very impressed with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
mulch, landscaping, weeding, yard cleanup, planted bushes.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

07/19/2017

Tamara B.

The lawn looks amazing and the new grass came in beautifully. Our yard looks completely brand new. Mark has been incredibly responsive and has provided us with extra advice, information, and services even after the job was completed.

Description of Work
After taking down some trees in our mossy back yard, ML Landscaping came to level out our yard, push back small trees/bushes and debris to extend our backyard, and seed. They also removed and stacked concrete blocks that had been a small back patio.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

04/05/2016

Paul B.

Mark is an awesome guy. He's friendly, punctual, organized and does great work at a fair price. Not only did he do exactly what we asked for, he went beyond the job spec and helped out with some other landscaping that I needed (felling trees and stacking lumber), at no extra charge. He also has great contacts and has hooked me up with other contractors for other work that I need done. I have no hesitation in recommending him, and would use him again without reservation.

Description of Work
Mark excavated and rebuilt a stone wall that fronts my house and formed a new flower bed.

Category excavators, landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 03/11/2016

Was a great project from start to finish, looking forward to installing a lawn for you next year. Have a great winter.

11/26/2015

Victor V.

I had started leaf blowing on Saturday with a backpack blower (can't get the push kind in and out of the car anymore). After about four hours of work I had maybe half the yard and no gardens clear, and a sore shoulder. On Sunday morning we decided it wasn't worth the time or pain to continue on, so we came to Angie's List and found ML Landscaping. I wrote a short description of the work, and I don't think I had even hit <SEND> before I received an email back, which I didn't see because Mark called literally within minutes... on a Sunday... when they are listed as being closed. While on the phone he looked at our lot on the internet via a satellite photo and gave an rough estimate. He then continued saying he would stop by Monday to give a firm estimate and, if acceptable, would do the work right then. He showed up as scheduled (maybe a bit early, but he called in advance), and seeing that some of the yard was done cut the price. We accepted, the work was done, and we are completely satisfied with the result. He also provided an estimate for doing the complete yard for next year, and we plan on going back to him and forego our own attempts at it.

Description of Work
Cleared yard and gardens of leaves- within 24 hours of first contact.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, snow removal

Work Completed On 11/23/2015

Glad we could help, have a great holiday season.

11/18/2015

john K.

arrived on time... worked diligently ......the clean-up job performed by them was amazing and well worth the money

Description of Work
Fall clean-up....consisting of removal of leaves from front yard, side and back yard....which included areas with several years of accumulated leaves

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 11/17/2015

Glad we could help, Have a great holiday season.

08/26/2015

Hector A.

They come every 9 days and service the lawn. very professional and great price

Description of Work
Mow and weed wack 1 acre

Work Completed On 08/21/2015

Great lawn to mow, the lines look awesome wish I could post pics of it here

08/17/2015

Christine H.

I've been very happy with the results. I ended up getting more done than I had planned.

Description of Work
Set me up with one of his employees, who lives near me and helps me out on weekends and spare time. Owner of ML very helpful in coming up with s good solution for what I needed done and prompt in returning calls.

Work Completed On 08/09/2015

Glad it worked out for you.

08/13/2015

Herb S.

Mark responded promptly to my request for a bid to clear out our front and side yard of fences and overgrown bushes that were too close to the house. He came back a second day to discuss everything in detail with my wife, making suggestions that went beyond the current project. He set a fee, set a date, came on time, did everything he promised and cleaned up after. Couldn't be happier with the service or his friendly and professional attitude, which goes for his crew as well. Look forward to working with him in the future.

Description of Work
Took down a stockade fence, and several large bushes and small trees as well as trimming back the overgrown bushes bordering the property, and carted it all away.

Work Completed On 07/30/2015

Rain made things a bit interesting that day, Glad we could help. See you soon.

08/10/2015

Benjamin T.

Mark and his crew did a tremendous amount of work in a single day. As an indoorsy sort, I'm a slacker about yard work, and things were mostly left to grow and grow. When we were finally going to have a lot of family and friends over for a baby shower, it was time to get things in shape, and there's no way I could do it all myself. Truckloads of weeds and trimmings were removed, and the yard looks amazing. I wouldn't have thought it possible to make it look that good from where it started without either decimating what was there or needing new planting, but they did it. I absolutely plan to use them again to do a similar transformation to my back yard and then for ongoing maintenance.

Description of Work
Major cleanup work of entire front yard (100-foot setback from road to house) - removing weeds and trimming shrubs and trees which had gotten nearly no attention for years.

Work Completed On 07/22/2015

You weren't kidding about it being a jungle in our first conversation. I'm glad we were able to get it fixed up in time for your baby shower and look forward to working with you in the future.

08/06/2015

Claire M.

He was excellent and couldn't have been more pleasant. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
He helped with landscaping. He did a complete cleanup of the yard. He was here within half hour of me calling. He brought a whole crew with him. He billed me, takes all credit cards and never asked me for money up front. He also removed old stumps in my yard.

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

Glad we could help see you in a week or so

07/31/2015

Nick L.

I'm sitting here kind of scratching my head reading the other glowing reviews about this company. My experience right from the very beginning was a total debacle and the company didn't even do any work!' I contacted Mark and made an appt. for him to meet with me at the house. Agreed to time 7PM. So, what happened. 1. 7:05PM I'm calling his cell asking where he is and he tells me he forgot the appointment and that he was doing estimates in his office. He'd be at my house in 10 mins. 2. 7:30 I'm still standing there waiting. He shows up a couple of minutes later. 3. Spends a few minutes looking at the job and then tells me he's really too busy to take on a job that's only going to last 2 or 3 days? (My description of the work scope via the email I sent him email was very accurate according to him so no surprises as to the work involved) 4. He then gives me the contact information for 2 other contractors to call. So the experience was not only a total waste of my time but also one of the most unprofessional encounters with a contractor that I have ever had. I spent 12 yrs in the commercial construction world and I can tell you that if the company I worked for had ever done something like this, they would have never been invited to bid on that customer's work again! There are simply too many other providers out there who are anxious for work for this company to behave that way. Needless to say I won't be calling him again for any work in the future.

Description of Work
He was supposed to give me an estimate to reset/level a slate patio.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/30/2015

ML Landscaping prides itself on excellent customer service, honesty, prompt execution and quality work. I am terribly sorry for being late to our appointment. Being as you were also in the construction industry, I’m sure you can understand that unforeseen issues do arise and cause complications. While going over the job you desired, we discovered there were flaws in the foundation that needed to be fixed prior to service and also how water run-off from the roof had affected the original patio and washed out the sand between the blue stone and how this could happen again. I knew this job would take a few days, and given our current maintenance schedule, we would not have been able to do the repair in the time you wanted the project to be done. When I gave you the two other contractor’s numbers, it was so you could get the work done in the time-frame you needed. Most customers are very appreciative of this as it saves them time from needing to look around for someone.

05/27/2015

Christine M.

Very well. They did a good job and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Lawn cleanup and grass cutting. Price is for two grass cuts.

Work Completed On 05/27/2015

05/20/2015

ben H.

Planted perennials, raked leaves, redid our mulch and spring cleaned our landscaping. Great work at a really good price.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, snow removal

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

05/14/2015

Adelaide H.

Mark was punctual and made very good suggestions for the work I need done. His estimate was reasonable and submitted to me in a timely fashion. He is slated to start my job Thursday, Friday of this week.

Description of Work
Estimate given for the job,

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

05/02/2015

Steven H.

Spoke with Mark. Very nice guy. He was able to come by the same day I spoke with him. He was on time and even called to let me know he was on the way. Gave me the day he would come and alternate ones incase in rained. He was there early and they got started right away. I thought they did a great job. Mark and his staff are very professional. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Spring clean up. Remove large trunk from tree that was going to fall. Trimmed down bushes and removed all.

Work Completed On 04/23/2015

03/08/2015

Kolby S.

Great job. Excellent communication. Spent time to do the job right. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Last minute request to plow, salt and sand a very icy driveway. A hill. They arrived on time and did a great job.

Work Completed On 03/06/2015

Glad we could help, look forward to future projects with you.

03/07/2015

Deneen C.

Mark brought the arborist that he works with - Todd to do substantial tree work. Mark was responsive, helpful and brought the right person to supervise the job. Todd from Arbor X was excellent - professional, careful - they clmbed the trees to remove upper branches taking care not to create damage w/equipment. Price was less than other arborists quoted and the job was better. I would not hesitate to call ML or Arbor X in the future for any work - very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

Category tree service, snow removal

Work Completed On 11/15/2014

Was a great project, glad we could help and look forward to working with you in the future.

12/03/2014

mark G.

Spoke with Mark on the phone and arranged for an estimate date. Mark arrived on date and at time he said that he would. We agreed on a price and Mark returned on 11/21/2014 and did the job that he agreed to do. Mark and crew did an excellent job. We were very pleased with the job that he did and would definitely hire Mark again and would highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup-

Work Completed On 11/21/2014

Glad we could hope to see you in the new year.

11/05/2014

Kimberly C.

Well done. I recommend ML Landscaping and will use them again.

Description of Work
Plowing drive way

Work Completed On 01/11/2014

Glad we could help, Happy New Year!

09/18/2014

John R.

There were several equipment problems and weather issues that delayed the job, but I was informed each time. Communications were very good and timely.

Description of Work
Filled in large hole in the back yard, leveled and seeded.

Category landscaping, snow removal

Work Completed On 08/13/2014

09/18/2014

Brian M.

Mark was very thorough and made sure to keep us up-to-date with what was going on at the house. His prices are very fair and I would recommend his service.

Description of Work
Mark and his team installed beds, shrubs, pruned everything around the property, set-up an automatic watering system and took care of the mowing for a few weeks.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 07/21/2014

Thanks for reviewing our service, this was a great project and we look forward to working with you int he future.

07/14/2014

stephen S.

Not only did Marc show up on time, but mowed my lawn and did an excellent job. He was courteous and professional and come to find out that he showed up even though we were technically out of his service area. He also gave me a few tips while I was planting some trees in my front yard as well. I can assure that I will be contacting Marc next season to have ML landscaping as usual landscaping service. I couldn't ask for better service.

Description of Work
I had gone on angie's list after my usual lawn care guy was a now show to mow my lawn the day before I was having my son's christening party at the house. I called about ten numbers and Marc was the first to call back. Not only did he let us know that he would come by this evening at 7 to cut the grass, but he told us he would charge what my normal guy charges us. Mind you this is between 3-4 pm on Saturday and he left a family BBQ to help us out.

Work Completed On 07/12/2014