Double Diamond Tree Care & Construction

Founded 1966 • With Angi since January 2013

We are a green company consisting of 5 or more employees. We use vegetable oil as fuel whenever possible and employ food grade chainsaw oil so as not to damage the environment. We have been in business since 1966. Payment is due when services are rendered, unless other methods have been arranged in

tree service (46)lawn care (5)dog fencing (4)lawn & landscaping (3)firewood company (2)roof cleaning (1)pressure washing (1)roofing (1)

11/24/2020

Christie O.

We had to contact Double Diamond under extraordinarily difficult & time-constrained circumstances. Double Diamond did a FABULOUS job for us removing a tree under emergency circumstances. Dennis was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and expeditious in his responses to our inquiries and in completing the job. The work crew was great. We definitely would use Double Diamond’s services again and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Emergency Removal of a Tree

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

11/11/2020

They did an amazing job! Dennis is a wonderful and responsible and friendly owner to work with! A++++

Description of Work
I had huge tree removed and several others trimmed. Additional, I had previously fallen branches removed.

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

10/08/2020

Rebecca R.

Dennis and his team are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone!! They were extremely punctual and came back the next day and kept going until the work was done! He checked in with us and made sure they did all the work we wanted and even took down some branches at no charge! I have used other tree companies and Dennis is by far the most reliable, efficient, personable, and economic tree company I have ever dealt with!! We are planning on buying property soon and we will be using Double Diamond again to clear our property. Thank you and god bless!!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

09/16/2020

jeanne B.

waiting several weeks for service. has $ 2000 of our money, moved the biggest fallen tree away from our house . came when new siding being done. asked to wait one week, now one month. my problem is he has not answered our phone calls so i am feeling anxious about this. stacks of dead branches remain on our property too , a danger to our young grandkids. wish he would call !

Description of Work
we need multiple injured and leaning trees to be removed

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

This review does not reflect what actually happened. I received a call requesting emergency storm damage cleanup. I was told a large tree had fallen on the house and the wife was concerned her husband would have a heart attack trying to do any of the work himself. This turned out to be an exaggeration of what had happened. When we arrived we saw that the tree had not actually hit the house but was close to it. We cut up everything that fell in the yard including the 42" DBH oak tree along with many other trees which came down with it. We also cut up some large limbs which were hanging in the back yard. We cleaned up everything in the front yard. We removed five truckloads of wood and four truckloads of chips. We hired extra men and extra equipment to get it out of the way for them. We arranged that I would finish the job after the siding and family vacation were done. About three or four weeks later Mr. [Member Name Removed] called and I spoke to him, explaining that I was up to my neck in jobs but would get there as soon as I could. He understood. Ms. [Member Name Removed] then started leaving messages on my home phone, which I did not get until I got home late at night and was not able to respond to due to the late hour. This happened many times in a week. I again called Mr. [Member Name Removed] and said I would get there as soon as I could. Next thing I knew this review was posted. I called Mr. [Member Name Removed] and told him this review was not appropriate and it needed to be taken down before I would complete the job. Ms. Buetti then called me and told me she would only take down the review if I refunded her the entire deposit she gave me. She also informed me she would have her husband write another bad review here. I told her I considered that blackmail. I have most certainly done more than enough work to cover the deposit given and am not required to return anything. I am not able to continue working with this family. Note that I have worked for this family previously and they know I keep my word.

07/26/2020

sandra P.

Took days to complete work because equipment was being loaned, not owned. So obviously, when equipment was not available, work delayed. Cut tree tore through yard plants as it crashed onto ground. A guy climbed tree instead of proper equipment that should have been used. You get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Tree removal, branch trimming

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

I remember this job as being completed. I never received a phone call about any complaints. I have been taking trees down for 57 years. We had a tree climber because that was the proper way to do the job. My equipment is not loaned, it is owned. I should add that I gave them a really good price as they had just moved into the house and were strapped.

07/02/2020

R H.

Excellent and fast service. Came over and gave me a good overview of what needed to be done plus an accurate estimate of what it would cost. Work was highly professional, would recommend.

Description of Work
Assessment of all trees on property, trimming and maintenance of 2 very large trees and several smaller ones, removal of 5 medium and large sized trees

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

05/27/2020

Bruce R.

The owner and all his workers are very professional, experienced and friendly. They were extremely flexible, helpful and very thorough with the cutting and pruning of our trees along with clean up. We would definitely hire them in the future and give very high recommendations.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Pruning

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

05/23/2020

Donna S.

Dennis and his crew were wonderful....fast and thorough. Price was fair. I will call them again as needed. Thank You

Description of Work
Two very tall pine trees cut down. and limbs trimmed

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

03/26/2020

Valerie C.

Dennis did work for me a number of years ago and I was so pleased that I called him back when I needed more done. I have a large area and I appreciated the time he took to walk around the lot, give advice and price the costs for taking down different trees, explaining the differences. I found his prices to be very fair. He and his hardworking crew cut the big trees we had agreed upon plus a bunch of other dead smaller trees for free. They stacked up the logs and cut them into 15 inch pieces for my woodstove. Although he offers the service, I had decided to split and stack the wood myself to save a bit of money. Everything was done exactly to my specifications. He used various equipment depending on the situation presented by the tree and its location, and had the job quickly completed. Unfortunately with the ash trees dying, I still have more to remove and I will call him back as soon as I am able.

Description of Work
Dead tree removal

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

09/27/2019

Pete and Maggie B.

Very well. The job was timely, professional and the estimate was fair. The clean up was also done well.

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming.

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/07/2019

Mike P.

Now for the third time I have been very pleased with Dennis and his team. You will be pleased with the value and quality of their work. Dennis is a most friendly professional. Call ahead as to not be surprised how busy they get.

Description of Work
Revoke stand of 3 dead / dying white birch trees

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

04/10/2019

Anita H.

Dennis is a very nice man, professional and courteous. I feel his fee was reasonable. I needed someone who was insured since trees were so close to house and about 40’ - 50’ tall. He always answered my calls. I was pleased and would use him again.

Description of Work
Three trees drastically trimmed that were close to house.

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

11/24/2018

Patricia D.

I had a complicated situation involving neglected, hazardous trees on adjacent property. Dennis was experienced enough to help me jump through the right hoops to get things done, & patient enough to tolerate several setbacks. He & his staff were courteous & efficient. The most amazing outcome was the timing of everything. I realized I had serious problems in August. Because of all the complications, nothing had been done by mid-November when nature dropped a foot of snow on my area. I resigned myself to waiting until spring. Imagine my pleasant surprise when a few days after the storm I found out the trees were gone & the staff was coming the following day to trim & clean up. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
removal & trimming of trees

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

10/08/2018

Steven P.

Dennis came out right away on AUG 27 to talk about the job. The price was fair and although there was no written proposal, I told him he had the job. I texted 2 weeks later asking when the work would begin. He replied, "soon." It is now OCT 8 - hardly "soon." Although I'm sure he does good work, this lack of respect and consideration is hardly acceptable.

Description of Work
Tree Service

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

I told the customer we would have to wait until the grass was not wet so that no damage would be done as we would be using a machine to take wood out and away. Customer did not want to wait and kept requesting that the work be done. I told customer we would come when the grass was dry. He then posted this review.

06/29/2018

Marie C.

I purchased an Angie's Deal for $349 last fall to have pruning done on several rhododendrons and burning bush which were very overgrown. Dennis made a preliminary visit to see what needed to be done. After that, actual work was postponed due to Dennis' health problems, which was completely understandable. I then postponed because deer fencing was erected and the shrubs would not have been easily accessible. Spring arrived and Dennis was busy with winter storm work. When he and his crew finally came, the pruning was done quickly and efficiently. He did not have the chipper with him and said he would return in a day or two with it to complete the work. After 7 no-show days, I left a message. He responded that his truck and chipper were being serviced and that he would not forget about us. After another 2 weeks, I left another message and received no response at all. I had to hire someone to come and take care of the pile of prunings and the grass underneath needed to be reseeded. Dennis is very personable and seems knowledgeable but this lack of professionalism is what will stick with me.

Description of Work
Pruning overgrown shrubs

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

06/02/2018

marie G.

extremely pleased, did a wondrful job. they did everything i would like

Description of Work
They did took down trees and did a lot of trimming

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

04/28/2018

Rita C.

I have used Dennis Donahue in the past and was very thankful that he had not retired. He removed trees that others would not touch then cleaned everything up, all for a very fair price.

Description of Work
Removal of 4 trees - 2 of which were entangled in electric and cable wires

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

Thank you very much.

04/06/2018

Douglas W.

They did a great job. They know how to take trees down without damaging a close structure.

Description of Work
I had a number of trees removed in close proximately to my barn

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

12/20/2017

Ellen B.

I am very satisfied and would definitely hire them again. Price was much better than other estimates!

Description of Work
7 trees required trimming or removal as well as feeding.

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

12/10/2017

Judith E.

The owner responded promptly and I was very happy until I saw that he did not put the cut up tree where I instructed him to. I was very clear and pointed to the dead trees in the woods and told him to put the logs there. When I was running out to work I handed him a check and noticed he put the logs on the side of the driveway. His workers were already gone. He promised to be back when he was in the area. A couple of months later I called him when the logs were still not moved. He told me it wasnt a priority especially because "you changed your mind about where you wanted the logs". Not true. Now I have to pay someone $750 just to move the tree.

Description of Work
A tree fell on my driveway and needed to be removed.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

We received an emergency call for tree work as the resident was trapped by a tree which had fallen over the driveway. We dropped everything and were up there in W. Hurley within an hour. Note that we do not normally go there but were willing to help this person out. I quoted her $200 to cut the tree up and stack it next to the driveway, which she agreed to. She also asked me to "clean up the mess the last tree person left" as a separate job at a later time. I quoted her $1,200 for that. She was to let me know when she was ready to have that work done. We did the emergency work and as my men were going down the road she wanted us to come and move the wood we just cut and stacked into the woods, which was not what we agreed to and I told her that. We spent most of the morning with four men to do a $200 job. She never asked us to come and do the additional work.

12/08/2017

Fred J.

Delays caused by weather and contractor's health, but he came through. Chipper wouldn't operate, but he came back the next day as promised to chip and clean up. I tried entering cost figure three times which diapered with completing this form. Actual cost was $494. including chipper, extra man hours. Not sure about disposal.

Description of Work
Trimming tree branches over garage roof to allow more light to prevent further growth of moss; also branches reaching over portions of driveway.. Contractor will be offering removal of moss from roofs next year, I expressed interest and an estimate.

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

11/20/2017

Stephen T.

The work performed was very good and very fairly priced. I had to call the company to set everything up and confirm they were coming etc rather than the company managing that which was my expectation.

Description of Work
2 trees pruned and cut down and chop up for 1 large tree and 5 smaller trees

Work Completed On 11/16/2017