Suffolk Systems Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2008

200 East 2nd Street

Huntington Station, NY 11746

Suffolk Systems Inc. is a highly regarded heating, ventitilation and air conditioning company, with an impeccable reputation. It has been a family owned and operated business for over 34 years. Due to our dedication and commitment to our Clients, Suffolk Systems has grown by leaps and bounds. Our professional staff of technicians are continuosly furthering their education and technical training in order to remain cutting edge in the HVAC industry. They all truly love what they do which is very evident in the personal attention that they give to each and every Client. The entire staff at Suffolk Systems regards each and every client as though they are our only Client. Award winning....

HVAC Companies (138)air duct cleaning (6)

03/04/2022

Bryan J.

This company is Horrible and does not communicate at all I set up a appointment for them to give me a estimate on installation split ac in my home I let a guy named Dan come into my house early in the morning he spent a considerable amount of time and it turned out to be a waste of time never got a estimate and never heard from this company again don’t let these people in your house

Description of Work
Split ductless AAC

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

There must be some confusion. You did, in fact, receive our estimate for a new heat pump system. We would not waste your time or our time and resources, coming to your home to NOT provide the estimate. We do take the time needed to do the measurements and load calculations to insure that you are receiving the properly sized equipment for your home. We do not provide "on the spot" estimates. Generally, it takes a few days to complete this process. Not only did we email the estimate, I followed up with a text message to let you know that it was sent.

01/25/2021

maria D.

They did contact us, however they wanted $90 to walk in the house, regardless of us hiring them. Also sent annual service contacts, even before they came for appt. I think this is a bit pushy, so we cancelled the appt.

Description of Work
revamping of A/C system

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

We did speak on the phone very briefly and I informed you that your system would require diagnostics. You did not want to proceed and hung up. No appointment was ever made or cancelled. I can assure you that no member of my staff is "pushy". No annual service contract was prepared or presented to you. I believe that you have us confused with another company. I hope that you were successful in having your system issues resolved. If we can ever be of assistance to you, please let us know.

10/23/2020

John B.

Pricing was very competitive. They were responsive to my questions and were able to execute as planned. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
Replace two central air conditioning units

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

09/24/2020

susan S.

What a great company! Lori the owner dealt directly with me and sent us the best technician, Danny, who performed an A plus job. 2 other companies would not service the unit, and this company cared enough to trouble shoot a solution in a thorough way.

Description of Work
central ac not working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

07/30/2020

James G.

The install went perfectly. The team was professional, courteous, and did a wonderful job. About a year later, an electrical storm apparently took out a printed circuit board on the condenser unit. They replaced the board but problem persisted. They troubleshot the system and replaced the entire condenser unit the very next day at no cost. I cannot recommend highly enough Suffolk Systems (Lori, Dan, David, and all the other techs). They provide outstanding service and stand behind there work and products. They are a class act!

Description of Work
Replacement of central air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

07/22/2020

M.J. S.

The CAC project went very well thanks to efforts of the technicians and Lori. The distributor had delivered the incorrect system. Suffolk Systems had the situation corrected and the ac system was installed within the day as promised. Care was taken to keep areas clean and was clean when technicians left. All were very professional and knowledgeable about carrying out this project

Description of Work
CAC Replaced

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

02/09/2020

Steven K.

Excellent work from start to finish. A tricky 3rd floor installation in a 125-year-old house took creative persistence and lots of experience to complete.

Description of Work
Installed ductless split system

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

11/27/2019

Kevin D.

The second time I have used Suffolk systems and they were just as good as the first time. Always on time efficient and take the time to explain everything to you.

Description of Work
Replace Heating and Cooling system

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

08/10/2019

Tom W.

We had 3 different companies try to determine why or central air never worked right. Suffolk systems was the only one who took the time to find the issue. They were always on time, wore booties in the house, kept us informed at all stages of the job, and we're more than fair with the price. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an honest and professional company.

Description of Work
Central air conditioning

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

08/05/2019

Sean B.

Cancelled Appt at last minute with some story of waiting for equipment in the Hamptons

Description of Work
Installation Estimate

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were detained at a job site in West Hampton. I called your girlfriend within the time range of our appointment to let her know that we would be later than originally anticipated. After she called you on the other line, she said that you would rather reschedule than have her wait. She said that you would be calling to arrange another appointment. I apologize for not being able to maintain the appointment window for your estimate. If you would like to reschedule the estimate, please feel free to contact me in the office. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule...

06/07/2019

Douglas V.

A very friendly and professional guy did both the estimating and the installation. The price was significantly lower than other quotes, although since the system manufacturers varied it's hard to compare. In any event, the system was well-rated from my research. The installation went smoothly, and all was well for a week. Unfortunately, then the unit stopped working. They sent someone immediately, but he misdiagnosed the problem, so it stopped working again the next day. The second time they sent someone who correctly discovered that the new unit had a bad motor that needed to be replaced. Not good, obviously, particularly since it took a couple of days to get as the manufacturer apparently didn't have any locally. But they did keep on them and got it as quickly as possible, and immediately sent someone to install it. Altogether, not a great experience, but I don't feel like it was really their fault (except for the initial misdiagnosis). And they did work hard to right the situation as soon as possible. So despite the problems, I'd still give them an A.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of replacement central air conditioning

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

03/25/2019

Joseph C.

Dan gave us the estimate and did the install. I had an idea of what we wanted, and Dan gave us everything requested in a new system. The estimate was very fair. I knew that they install American Standard and that was what I wanted at first, and Dan offered to write up and estimate for that. But when Dan explained Amana’s warranty we changed our minds. Leading up to our installation date I had several questions which I sent to Dan. He responded quickly to all. On the day of the replacement Dan and his associate arrived on time and immediately put protection on the floor. We have a pretty tight area where our furnace is, so I assume the job wasn’t easy. Everything went pretty quickly, and they were done in less than a half day. My wife was impressed by how clean they were. We had a bad experience with people that installed our water heater allowing the rusty water to pour out on basement carpets (another company). Both gentlemen were very pleasant. Dan gave us what we needed for the National Grid rebates. We’re very happy with the new system. It keeps us comfortable, the media filter is a big upgrade from our 1 inch fiberglass ones that caught nothing, and I’m assuming that we’ll see some modest energy savings when we get our next gas bill. I would strongly recommend this company. I’ll be using them whenever I need anything HVAC-related in the future.

Description of Work
We had an older furnace that was nearing the end of its life. It was having occasional problems and shutting down repeatedly on windy days. It was not an emergency, so we decided to get a few estimates to replace the furnace and add a WiFi thermostat. In the end, we had an 80,000 BTU 96% high efficiency 2-stage Amana furnace installed. We also requested a 4-inch Honeywell media filter cabinet, and additional wiring to allow for adding an Ecobee4 thermostat.

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

11/30/2018

Robert D.

I've worked with many companies over the years, both as a contractor and a customer. Suffolk Systems worked on the inside portion of our geothermal installation in the last couple of years where the outside work was all new, but the inside work involved a retrofit from an oil based system to geothermal forced air and radiant. It's a big house, so it was a long job, involving 6 zones. That gave me a chance to get to really see how they worked. I will tell you that they scored high marks on all counts. First, they were technically adept in every way. In addition, they were careful and paid attention to detail. Also, they were really a pleasure to work with, as their attitude was always positive. I've worked with enough trades to tell you that it's a much better experience to work with professionals who have a good attitude toward their work and customers, vs those who are angry, don't like their bosses, or who would rather be somewhere else. And as others have stated, they were careful and respectful of the house/floors, wearing booties any time they walked through finished spaces. Mike and Lori in the office, and Dan on the job, all made for a very positive experience, and a great final product. I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend them for any job.

Description of Work
Geothermal Related HVAC Installation

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Review for Suffolk Systems Inc - 200 East 2nd Street, Huntington Station, NY - 37582078

10/22/2018

Suzi F.

They only service natural gas systems and not oil burners

Description of Work
They only service Natural Gas systems

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

08/21/2018

Carl V.

Everything I read about Suffolk Systems was true. Not only did they give me the best price (out of four other proposals), but they were the most professional. While the other salesmen made their recommendations and prices based on eye-balling, Dan took careful measurements and then made his recommendations based on square footage. He even put booties on his shoes before he entered my house to not dirty the floors. And, at the job, the men laid tarps to protect the floor. They worked hard and finished the job in one day. If I had to do it again, I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Install mini-split ductless Fujitsu air conditioning system

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

07/18/2018

Jason B.

This is the second time that we have contracted with Suffolk Systems Inc. for the installation of a geothermal heat pump (we have multiple units). The first time was 2 years ago, and the experience was so positive in respect of quality and professionalism of work, that we did not hesitate to use them again. This second experience was just as satisfying - Dan and his installation team were punctual, professional, neat, and thorough. The work was complicated by nature, but they handled it all expertly, and completed it timely. The new unit is operating as expected. Lori in the office is consistently attentive, responsive, and helpful. We are extremely pleased with all aspects of our experience with Suffolk Systems Inc.

Description of Work
Installation of geothermal heat pump

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

07/17/2018

Jane F.

Excellent. It took quite a long time but once the proper diagnosis was made, Dan fixed it. Very impressive considering no other heating businesses were interested.

Description of Work
My condo forced-air heating system was poorly designed so no heat was coming out of several vents. Other heating firms told me there was nothing I could do about it. Dan at Suffolk was willing to take the time to diagnose the problem A booster fan was inserted into a duct so that heat from the back of our unit would be pulled to the front. .

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

06/18/2018

BOB H.

Punctual and professional, as usual

Description of Work
AC tune up

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

06/04/2018

Robert P.

Not only did Suffolk deliver the lowest price, they did an excellent job. I dealt with Dan whom you can tell runs the company. The crew, led by Dan, showed up on time. They did their best to keep the house clean. They cleaned up the worksite and took all packing materials away. Suffolk set up financing for me through Synchrony Bank. Dan's office assistant was so diligent and helpful. The job was completed as scheduled, no delays.

Description of Work
New Central Air Conditioning unit and needed heat exchanger

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/17/2018

Randy I.

Project went like clockwork. Neat and clean; well organized. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable, took time to answer any questions and explain things.

Description of Work
Central Air System

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

05/02/2018

Jordan K.

I was very impressed with this company. Absolute professionals. Every aspect from estimate to final walkthrough showed how dedicated this company is to their customers. Price was fair, installation was very clean, service throughout the process was honest and excellent. You can’t go wrong using this company for AC replacement.

Description of Work
Replacement of 30 year old CAC system

Work Completed On 03/28/2018

04/22/2018

Melissa G.

Great! My initial phone call was returned quickly, by Dan, who then scheduled an appointment for an estimate. He checked out our current heating system and then made recommendation for installing wall units which would provide both A/C and heat. Dan was punctual, polite and professional. We agreed to the price and installation and a date was set for about a week later, for a (possible) two day project. On scheduled day, Dan and his assistant arrived promptly. Project ultimately took about 1 3/4 days. The work was completed exactly as described. The men were efficient and polite and did not in any way invade on our personal space as they worked throughout our home. We would definitely use them again for similar projects and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
We needed A/C and a supplemental heating system.

Work Completed On 04/10/2018