Certified Chimney Service Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since January 2012

Thank you for viewing our business profile. We are certified by the CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE of AMERICA (csia.org) and are A rated by the BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU. Owner, Charles McCarthy, is the longest CSIA CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN, and LICENSED MASTER SWEEP, by the NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD, and NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION. Certified Chimney is a full-service chimney cleaning company. No job is too big or too small. We offer 24/7 Emergency Service. We are experts in everything and anything related to your chimney. Our family-owned business has been in the chimney industry for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on offering premium customer service to our valued customers along with professional advice. We stay current on safety codes and regulations, as well as innovative tools and products for chimneys and fireplaces, so we can recommend the very best for our customers. We service residential as well as commercial. We offer free written estimates on any kind of repair. Currently we service Nassau County, Suffolk County and the 5 Boroughs of NYC, Westchester, and Fairfield County. ...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

chimney repair (130)chimney sweep (75)chimney cap repair (34)fireplace services (9)masonry (6)gutter cleaning (3)dryer vent cleaning (2)roofing (2)

09/16/2022

Al G.

Wasted my time. Estimate dates and times changed several times before they even came. When they did eventually come, They spent almost an hour on the roof and gave me a verbal estimate. When I asked multiple times for it in writing, I never got it. Guess you know I didn't go with them

Description of Work
Install a new chase cover

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 09/10/2022

Dear Mr. Gengler, I cannot explain why you never received our emailed estimate, please check for the emails i personally sent to you I also called your phone after i sent to be sure you received it i did leave messages. We apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with our company. We will be happy to make it right if you choose to give us another chance. Unfortunately, emergencies do come up and we try to do the best we can and accommodate all our customers. Again our apologies, we are happy to do what we can to help and make this right.

12/06/2021

Bernard D.

They were supposed to come on Friday 12/3 between 1 and 4. Never showed. Called office at 5 and was told they were not coming. Left work to be home. No call no apology no solution.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with our company. We will be happy to make it right if you choose to give us another chance. Unfortunately, emergencies do come up and we try to do the best we can and accommodate all our customers. Again our apologies, we are happy to do what we can to help and make this right. We wish you a happy and healthy holiday.

10/22/2021

Dee D.

Fantastic. Polite, explaining work needed, and clean. I recommend highly. Great Job Dillon, Tyler and Austin!!

Description of Work
Brick pointing, new flue and mechanism, clean debris from chimney, new crown, replace missing bricks, new cap. Instructions on use. Cleaned up work area.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Thank you for your great review! We take great pride in our work keeping our customers safe and happy.

10/08/2020

PATRICIA J.

Workers were very professional and did a good job.

Description of Work
Chimney caps originally but I needed more extensive work on my chimney.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

07/08/2020

Michael S.

I highly recommend Certified Chimney of Holtsville. A lightning strike caused damage to my chimney. I needed a new liner as well as a new cement crown and other work done to bring my chimney back up to snuff. The owner, Charles and his two associates (Christian and Christopher) did an outstanding job. They are extremely professional, neat and friendly. They completed the job quickly and the most important thing is that I was given a very decent price. If you need chimney work done, don’t hesitate to call them.

Description of Work
New liner, cement crown, chimney caps and exterior brick work.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

05/14/2020

Anthony H.

Workers were efficient and cleaned up afterwards well.

Description of Work
Sweep chimney

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

01/22/2020

Lloyd T.

The company was quick to respond and do the service. They were thorough in their determination of the problem as well as courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Cap and damper installation and cleaning

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

11/27/2018

Lynn B.

I was very pleased with the work that was done by this company. Initially I thought that I only needed a chimney cap installed, but after a careful inspection of my chimney, it was found that a crumbling and deteriorating lining of my chimney interior wall had occurred leaving a potentially dangerous situation in my house. I was actually shown the damage so I could determine for myself the extent of the problem. The company installed a new lining and chimney cap in a short period of time, leaving a clean work area. The workmen were extremely polite and answered all my questions thoroughly. I would definitely recommend them for chimney work.

Description of Work
chimney cap and repair

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

11/25/2018

Amanda B.

We contacted this company to get a quote on inserting a stainless steel liner in the chimney of our newly purchased home. On inspection, they showed that the flue at the base of the chimney was nearly blocked & advised immediate installation of a liner, which they were able to do that day. Unfortunately, as the liner was being inserted, the chimney began to disintegrate from the roofline up due to lack of maintenance by the prior owners. Charles & Dylan were able to get the liner fully inserted and the boiler & hot water heater reconnected without issue. Jeanette in the office was able to work with us during a week of very iffy weather to get Fred the mason back to the property (on a Saturday, no less!) to rebuild the chimney. Everyone at the company was very honest & straightforward with us when it came to issues and pricing. I've already begun recommending them to anyone that mentions they're having chimney issues and would happily use them again!

Description of Work
Stainless steel liner & chimney rebuild

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

Thank you for your kind review :) your kind words mean so much.

10/11/2018

Tabitha J.

Fine. However he forgot to turn boiler back on. After cleaning the chimney

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

10/01/2018

ursula N.

Rob and Fred were unbelievable professionals who diagnosed the problems quickly and did expert work. Their pricing was very fair. They were kind and very professional

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and replace cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you for your kind review :) it was our pleasure servicing you.

09/20/2018

Michael B.

I think they could have done a more thorough cleaning.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed], Two men went to your home inspected your chimney top to bottom and gave you a 12 point safety inspection. The men brushed and vacuumed your chimney for $59.99. If you thought they could of done a better job, why wouldn't you say something to them or call the office??

03/12/2018

Leah M.

The technician said it didn't need cleaning and with the stainless steel chimney liner I had installed recently, I wouldn't need a chimney inspection for 5 years. However, he did say that my chimney was missing a cap, so I purchased one from him and he installed it.

Description of Work
I hired them to inspect my chimney and clean it, if necessary.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review :) Jeanette

01/23/2018

Tamsynne L.

Needed extra work done because my system was old and in disrepair. I contracted with them to complete the services needed.

Description of Work
Needed Chimney sweep & cap

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

12/29/2017

Nir G.

The service itself was totally fine. The company needs to be more responsive to emails (in order to set up the appointment).

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and inspection

Work Completed On 12/29/2017

10/31/2017

Maura S.

Benny and his associate were professional and courteous. they took extra care to make sure not to get anything dirty. so rare to find polite people these days and both were very polite. did a beautiful and super clean job - bravo!

Description of Work
chimney sweeping

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

Thank you very much for your review :) Jeanette

09/04/2017

S M.

The price was good and they did a quick job on the chimney cap. They also noted that I needed new piping as part of the chimney system and replaced it as a throw in. The crack required additional materials which they had to come back to do. The coming back part required me to call to remind them, but they eventually came and finished the patching. They did a good job. Would certainly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed a Chimney cap and a chimney crack repair.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

08/11/2017

Elizabeth B.

I have my burner serviced yearly. For the past two years the service guy that came home told me my chimney was a wreck, we needed a new one etc. etc. He set me in a panic and recommended someone who I called the first year and they were awful. Tried to scare me into getting repairs done and were quite rude when I said I wanted more estimates from other companies. This year, I decided to take matters into my own hands and I looked on Angie's list and found Certified Chimney. From start to finish this company was informative and comforting (yes comforting, home repair sometimes is nerve wrecking.) Charles and his son Dylan showed up to my home, greeted me with a smile, hand shake and a business card. Charles inspected my liner and told me that my chimney was perfect !!! Can we talk about an honest guy???!!! He could have lied to me, took my money and STILL got a good review. But he was honest. Told me we didn't need any work at all. I would recommend them to anyone who needed help with their chimneys. Chimney companies have a bad rap and it's nice to find a diamond in the rough. The oil companies on the other hand, well, that's a story for another day. Thank you so much !

Description of Work
Estimate of chimney liner

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

06/14/2017

Linda K.

Excellent communication from the start to the finish.. Hats off to Certified Chimney for hiring such attentive employees like Joe and Tommy.. They truly applied their knowledge to my concerns... There was no charge for this service.

Description of Work
A+ in service, professionalism, neatness.... This is the second time that I have used Certified Chimney.. The First time was to have a stainless steel liner installed and repair my chimney for broken bricks...back in October, 2015.. I wrote a review back then, praising this company. Now, I called to have them inspect my cracked putty around the inside portion of the flue from the gas heating unit. They came on time as scheduled, Joe, who explained in detailed that the bricks were secure and no gas could escape from the unit and reassuring me the liner is added protection, made me feel safe for Carbon monoxide. Joe than applied putty in the cracked area just to give me more piece of mind.

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

04/24/2017

carin C.

Went perfectly. Fast neat work done.

Description of Work
we have a heatilator fireplace and the chimney was falling prey to squirrels they made a new cap and cleaned all the ashes as well as a nest. Also they found and showed my husband our chimney for our heat and that is over 65 years old and they lined it with new lining and a new cap. They treated us with respect and are in the neighborhood so we feel very confident that things were done right. Also gave us a lifetime quarantee.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

03/14/2017

Rita T.

He was fine. Would recommend them, every worker was fine.

Description of Work
They replaced chimney cap and pointed the brick and mortar on chimney.

Work Completed On 06/14/2016

02/09/2017

Greg W.

explained why we needed what they did and did it quickly and cleanly

Description of Work
repair flue and chimney cap

Work Completed On 02/09/2017