Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2013

Swimming pool service company for residential and commercial clients. Providing Suffolk County with Exceptional Service for the past 10 years! The owner, Kenneth Sweeney, entered the swimming pool industry in 2007, and began his journey to the top. He worked for a few big companies, gathering a lot

2022 Super Service Award

pool cleaning (66)Pool Installers (9)

09/27/2022

Ken K.

EXCELLENT. We decided to change pool company due to poor customer service.....It's been quite different with Sweeney's. So far we purchased a new pool heater ( with installation ) and they winterized our pool. We are very happy with them, they are very professional and their work is of high quality. They return phone calls and show up on time, we will continue to be their customer

Description of Work
Pool Heater purchase / installation + winterization of pool

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

09/26/2022

Matt R.

Sweeney's installed a loop loc cover for me and closed my pool. They did a great job and I'll be using them again.

Description of Work
Loop Loc Installation and Winterization

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39887678

09/12/2022

Kendall K.

Sweeney's were very communicative and timely with all construction. After an initial hiccup with our permit application the project ran smoothly and we couldn’t be happier with our new pool. The team are very knowledgable and happy to always answer any questions. The contractors were all friendly, professional and diligent. We were swimming in our pool exactly 30 days from the start of the dig. My advice would be to make sure and measure your space and outline your pool a few times. Imagine running around it. Our permit made us decrease the size of the pool and it worked out perfectly! Could not be happier. So measure and measure again ! I would use Sweeney's again.

Description of Work
Inground pool construction

Category swimming pools

Work Completed On 09/12/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39868536

08/30/2022

mark T.

Excellent , Sweeney pool has a very professional and courteous front office. The workers are also great at what they do.

Description of Work
Pool liner, pool cover, pool opening and closing

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

08/28/2022

Robert S.

Delivered a beautiful inground pool on time as promised. Quality work. Professional clean crew. Always responsive. A pleasure to work with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
In ground pool installation

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39852394

08/23/2022

omia Aminy A.

They were very professional and punctual. They did everything we asked of them with the pool liner, were very informative and we have nothing but good things to say! We are very satisfied customers and I could not recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Pool Liner Installation

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39846134

06/23/2022

MAXIMO L.

The entire team at Sweeneys performed at a high level. The skillset and professionalism exhibited during the entire process was flawless! Ken Sweeney owner of Sweeneys pool delivered as promised and was completely honest throughout the process. Ken and his team pride themselves for meeting deliverable dates and ensuring customers are 100% satisfied with the work done. My entire family is extremely happy with the end result and look forward to enjoying our new pool liner, salt system and awesome lighting provided by our new LED system. Special thanks to pool liner installers Christian, Enrique and Daniel also want to mention the dynamic duo who installed our salt system Nico Ortiz and Patrick. Wow! These two professionals not only gave us tips on the use of the salt system but also went beyond to show us other helpful things we can do to maximize use of our pool. Ken you and your team are the best! Thank you!!! I would highly recommend anyone to contact Sweeneys pool for any and all types of pool service. Thank you, team Sweeney!!

Description of Work
New Pool Liner, Salt System conversion, LED light

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

05/02/2022

chris T.

It was a great experience! I have already recommended them to my family and friends and will continue. Quality work

Description of Work
In ground pool

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39718906

05/02/2022

chris T.

Everything went very well. I like how they handled the permits so I didn’t have to and always responded to me whenever I messaged them

Description of Work
I had an in ground pool installed

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39718600

04/11/2022

Mark B.

I used Sweeney's to have my pool liner replaced this past fall. Due to the high water table where I live, it required a very specific, highly technical, de-watering process to get this done. Sweeney's demonstrated confidence that they could handle this and they certainly delivered. Despite some unexpected challenges with the job, they were never anything other than top notch. Their confidence and expertise relieved my anxiety about how complicated this could get with the water table. Despite the unexpected difficulties with this job, they did NOT raise the quoted price. The pool liner came out beautifully and we cant wait to open this year.

Description of Work
Pool liner replacement

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39692796

03/02/2022

Jon G.

Sent a message to Sweeney’s around 9pm on a Tuesday night about a pool heater. The owner replied after hours and answered all my questions. Two days later the heater was delivered to my house and installation completed within a week! Best prices and great customer service by everyone on the Sweeney team. Thanks, you have a customer for life

Description of Work
Pool heater

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

02/22/2022

J T.

The appointment went very well. I was not at home for that appointment and it was greatly appreciated that I didn't get home to a mess. Technician was certain to clean up after him and put away the items neatly.

Description of Work
Seasonal closing of pool

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

01/25/2022

Maryellen K.

Sweeney’s was our lifesaver with our pool in a home we purchased. From Kenny Sweeney’s immediate response to us on a Friday evening from his home to every single professional individual and group he sent to our home he turned a broken down dangerous hole in the ground to a magnificent beautiful oasis in our backyard. The piping needed replacing, the liner, drains and piping were rotten, the filter, heater, electrical needed replacing or updating. Just when the we thought we were ready to go, the pool wouldn’t fill. Sweeney’s sent in a dive team to correct the latest problem. During this entire process, Sweeney’s team was present and completely followed through at every point. They serviced the pool weekly for us. We are so pleased with Sweeney’s. The beautiful ending to the summer of 21 is that my 4 year old granddaughter learned how to swim in our beautiful inground pool. We even hosted her birthday party at our home with a professional lifeguard on watch.

Description of Work
Complete overhaul of existing pool

Work Completed On 06/05/2021

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39607636

01/06/2022

Jay N.

Over the years very well as usual. Their office staff actually follows up on any issues or questions that may arise and their on site team continues to be very efficient, reliable, knowledgeable, and on time. Openings and closings are done properly and at a fair price.

Description of Work
Seasonal maintenance, opening and closing of the pool

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

01/06/2022

Rick A.

The technicians were on time, asked the correct questions in troubleshooting the issue and quickly determined the corrective measures.

Description of Work
Pool leak analysis

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

01/05/2022

Steve T.

All work went wonderfully.Sweeney also opens,and closes pool every year for close to 10 years.Also does all my repairs

Description of Work
Liner replacement

Work Completed On 01/05/2022

01/04/2022

Lynne C.

Great. The pool is 20 years old and looks brand new thanks to their care. The remodeling evened out the bottom to a depth of 4.5 feet , and then a new lining was installed. Perfect.

Description of Work
Pool closings and openings, pool remodeling and relining.

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

07/13/2021

Janusz K.

Excellent work by Sweeney’s Pool Service company, I highly recommend it. The owner, Kenny, was professional, straight forward, and provided great overview of the service as well as valuable advice. Not only the job was done in a timely manner, but it was completed two weeks earlier. Ordering/choosing the liner was an easy process thanks to incredibly friendly office staff. The crew showed up on time, and finished the installation within one day. They were able to answer all of my questions and offered some good advice. The owner and office personnel were very responsive to any inquires along the way to ensure that every step of the process was completed as planned.

Description of Work
Liner replacement

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

06/14/2021

Erwin C.

Had a terrible experience with sweeny's pool service. We used them to open our pool, inspect and wanted them to install. We are currently new home owners and knew little about the process. We wanted to do an inspection and change the needed things for the pool to run efficiently. The tech Mike came for 5 min said we were " and "ok" and charged us $200. We then agreed to change the piping that went into our pre-existing filter and pump which then came out to $800 only to find out there was still air in the line and our pump and filter were not working properly although the tech just left and said "You're good to go". After a reputable company came, they walked us through and were able to tell us that the pump was for an ABOVE ground pool/ the filter was old and needed to be replace and any company could of told us that. It is also important to mention that when they came to open our pool they didn't finish due to rain (understandable) … when I asked when we he would come back he said " i'll see you when i see you and don't bother bugging/calling the girls in the office they wont know". Without any notice he shows up on memorial day even though he said he would show up sooner. Days later I called back with our issue. The water pool didn't clear (that's because now I know the equipment we had at the home was faulty) they said they would come in and install a cartridge filter. I really had limited knowledge at the time so couldn't decide whether I wanted a sand or cartridge filter. The woman Maryanne said the tech could bring both. The day comes and the tech Nick explained to me that his torch broke and that they gave the last filter away, and I would have to order it on amazon due to a filter shortage and wait two more weeks for the work to be done. At this point I was fed up. When I tried calling back they wouldn't answer my call or have yet to return my message. I RARELY leave any negative comments , and I'm not one of those people who get annoyed at the smallest inconveniences however this company was not professional, their front end was extremely unorganized. If you have not worked with them in the past... this is a warning not to do so.

Description of Work
Pool Opening, Filter Change, Piping maintenance

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

06/10/2021

Maryellen K.

Need a pool company? This is the only one. Sweeney’s has been a lifesaver. We bought a home with this seemingly beautiful pool. Grateful for Kenny Sweeney and his incredible team. They have rebuilt the pool into a brand new beautiful pool. We inherited a hole in the ground and had no idea what was needed. Some companies said put in a liner, leave the liner, what was found beneath was a disaster! The pool needed a new liner, new piping, new electrical work, new sand foundation as well the new liner which is backed by foam. Watching this team come in to complete each facet of the project has been quite impressive. This is a top notch reliable family business. They stand proudly behind their name and trade. They are pool doctors. When you see foreman and teams working so fluidly it speaks volumes about the business. From the office to the backyard, hanging upside down to get my pool liner perfect... Hats off to Frank, Emerson, especially everyone here yesterday installing, Tom, Paul, Danielle, Madison, Maryann, every single Sweeney employee who has measured, remeasured, followed up and worked so diligently in the hottest weather to make this right. The pool is turning into saltwater tomorrow and the light and other installations will take place, along with ladder and stair rail. Filters, drains, gas heater as well. New filter. They are neat and clean, professional about everything and we’ve had contractors for many projects here in 4 months. You look and in a minute they’ve got everything clean and specific instructions on how to handle the pool filling up. We turned it off just now as tomorrow the men will return. My husband had hired a different company when we first bought the house 4 months ago. We made a mistake and needed to do this job right. We read reviews and Kenny called us on a Friday evening (thank you to the Mrs). He was so patient and explained this foreign project to us and walked us through it each step of the way. Hard to believe the mess in my yard has been transformed to an oasis. Thank you Sweeney’s. We need you guys to maintain the pool as well and we’re lucky we found you. Kenny, thank you for your patience. I highly recommend Sweeney’s Pool Service.

Description of Work
Everything except the hole in the ground

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

Review for Sweeney's Pool Service, Inc - 1740 Church St, Holbrook, NY - 39364377

05/18/2021

Betty H.

I'm a new homeowner that had no idea where the previous owner put any of their stuff, but Eddie and his associate (wish I got his name!) were both amazing. They helped us understand our system and find where everything was. The company that did the winterization did a poor job, but so happy I worked with such a wonderful duo at Sweeney's. I didn't feel rushed even though I asked a lot of questions. Absolutely wonderful to work with them and will be using them going forward!

Description of Work
Summer Pool Opening

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

12/23/2020

Tina F.

Love my new liner from Sweeney’s Pool Service ... Knowledgeable, fair and great customer service. Definite thumbs up!

Description of Work
Replacement pool liner.

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

12/19/2020

Charlene T.

I called Sweeney’s when other companies did not return calls or couldn’t get to the job. Sweeney’s was professional and responsive. Put in new liner, then heater and new loop loc cover and I’ve continued to use them for maintenance They give great advice, answer questions and are always on time. Great company to work with!

Description of Work
Liner, heater, loop loc cover