Wood-Tex Products

Founded 1983 • With Angi since October 2010

Family owned & operated. Cost is determined by the job. Additional email - wesley@woodtex.com....

The Outdoor Advantage LLC

The Outdoor Advantage, LLC has been making customers happy in central Maryland by performing quality work at reasonable prices since 2002. We specialize in hardscape design and installation, mulching, hauling, planting, gutter cleaning, landscaping, power washing, snow removal and general outdoor maintenance. We help the homeowner add value to their land and create beauty according to the homeowner’s budget and dreams. It is our pleasure to serve the homes of Carroll County, Baltimore County and Baltimore City. We also have several customers as far south as Montgomery County.

11/13/2014

We are overall pleased with a few hiccups. First we had to wait 6 weeks for delivery. The shed we bought was only roughly only 10 miles away but still had to wait 6 weeks. I understand they were very busy with deliveries but seems to me if you are that busy, you may want to hire more delivery people. I would have gladly paid a fee for earlier delivery. The delay caused us to have to delay other projects till spring because they were contingent on the delivery of the shed. The ramp we paid for is not level to floor (due to doors) therefore when putting tractor in shed the deck hits floor, which damaged the subfloor. The construction of product was well built but several boards are not straight and windows have gaps. We did buy one already built but could not really see inside due to products being stored in shed prior to delivery. The guy that delivered was very polite and helpful. He went out of his way to level pad as it was slightly unlevel. Overall I would recommend them but look over carefully when purchasing.

Description of Work
We purchased a 10 x 16 wood shed.

Category garage builders

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed your comments on to our team, so we can make our service even better. Thank you for your trust in our company; we would be delighted to serve you again in the future.

06/13/2014

After seeing an ad for Wood Tex and looking up their reviews ect , we took the ride to their shop in Himrod NY to see what they did and to see their lot of pre-fab structures . When we arrived we were impressed and spoke to Amy who was incredibly knowledgeable polite and professional . She walked us thru the whole process of design , price and all the fine details . After a few weeks of contemplating our options and several estimates to build new we decided on Wood Tex . Again , we took the ride and spoke with Amy who guided us thru the final stages of ordering ect . We pre arranged dates for delivery and our project was handed to Nelson . As expected , Nelson was also top notch and a pleasure to deal with . On the day of delivery , The crew showed up within 5 mins of the time Nelson quoted and within 1/2hr had their truck , tools and equipment set up and were working . Lamar the crew leader and his crew were astonishing in their work , ethic , politeness , skill and whatever other adjective you can think of for awesome . Within 3hrs they had 99% of the new garage up !! I cannot say enough about their attention to detail and skill . We are thoroughly impressed with every detail from our 1st meeting with Amy to our final goodbye's with Lamar and his crew . If we ever have another project like this or need a building of any kind I wont even look else where . Ill call Amy in a heartbeat . Thank you everyone at Wood Tex you all are simply outstanding !

Description of Work
Built new garage

Category garage builders

Thank you for choosing Wood-Tex! We are delighted to hear that you loved working with us, and would be more than happy to serve you again in the future. Enjoy your new garage!

05/08/2014

Everything went well. The Wood-Tex staff worked patiently with me while I talked to the town and kept having changes made. They were really understanding with me. They cheerfully delivered and finished assembly on-site, then cleaned up after themselves. They also returned within two weeks to replace a few small pieces of wood that were harmed in transit! All costs were reasonable and clearly explained ahead of time. I expected all this, because of the sheds Wood-Tex delivered for my father. That's why I chose Wood-Tex. They are able to expand quickly because they are doing so many things well and right.

Description of Work
Wood-Tex built a custom two story workshop for us and delivered it to us.

Category garage builders

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the service you experienced. Please let us know if there's any other way we can serve you. Regards, Katie

01/20/2014

Started contact with this company, Woodtex, back in July 2013 and then immediately contacted a company to do the concrete work to prepare for the garage slab. Woodtex brought a county inspector out and the inspector informed us that a better concrete footing must be installed. It took two tries for that to satisfy the inspector from the code office. That was finished and each time we spoke with Gary, our schedule to begin building was pushed back. Always saying we've got you on the schedule. It went from October to end of October and then first part of November. By the time garage was started, it was mid November and the weather became an issue. It rained most of the time and one day per week, for the next three weeks, was what they were able to work. Our last promise was it would be finished by Thanksgiving. There were a few other issues, like changing to 4and quot;x4and quot; posts on the lean-to to changing the size of the garage overhead door without our consent. The garage order states a 10X7 and they framed garage and installed a 10x8 door. They corrected the posts to the 6'X6and quot; after I showed the contractor my order. The garage overhead door was in before we were told it had been changed. This caused us to be unable to use the overhead garage door opener that we had purchased. We had to return it and order a side-mount opener online which cost us more money and has delayed its installation. (Still waiting) My husband called to notify Woodtex that the driveway had been stained and was left as is. Gary told my husband that he would notify Mahlon when he returned to town on Monday after Christmas. We have never heard back. The garage was finished on December 20, 2013. We love it but are disappointed in how long we were put off to start it and the time it took to finished. We had to pay three extra months at the storage facility ($240) due to this delay.

Description of Work
Built a gambrel roofed garage for us.

Category garage builders

[member name removed], We deeply regret your sub-par experience. We will be contacting you soon to see what we can do to make this right. Thank you for placing your trust in us, we apologize again for these issues.

09/30/2013

We needed a new 12 x 16 shed. We shopped on internet for local shed builders and found Wood Tex to be the most cheapest for their quality. We went to their open house. We selected colors, style, and selected options we wanted to add to our shed. It takes a long time for them to make the shed (approximately 2 months). They built and delivered it for free because we live within 100 miles from their company. Although, we were a little disappointed to find minor sloppy paint and smoke stain on the shed. Contacted them and they told me the smoke stain is washable with soap and water. They send in pints of paint for us to paint over the minor sloppy mistakes they made. Overall, we are satisfied with it for a great price. If people are thinking of getting a shed from Wood-Tex, they need to be sure that they are able to deliver it freely on their property without any barriers.

Description of Work
They made our 12 x 16 big barn shed.

09/05/2013

My initial discussions with the salesperson with Wood-Tex were easy. We discussed what I was looking for and the available options. I sent a simple drawing of the floorplan and they used that to plan the layout, including the location of lights and outlets. They were quite clear about the amount of payments required and when they would be due. The work crew that came and installed the garage were great. Four men, consistently polite, and extremely hard working. They arrived before 11:00 AM, having driven several hours, and stayed until 1:00 AM, cleaning up the area, including sweeing out the garage. I could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
I purchased a two-story two-car garage from the provider.

05/05/2013

Not a company I prefer to deal with.

Description of Work
I followed the contact link in Angie's List and asked for a quote. 12 days later I have received no acknowledgment of my request.

10/01/2012

This was a great experience overall. They were able to paint the shed to match fairly closely to the paint scheme of our house. They had no problems with the limited access to the backyard and with how close the shed was to the fence.

Description of Work
I had an 8x10 shed designed, painted and built onsite. I only have about 4.5 feet of clearance in my backyard so they couldn't just drop it off. They arrived, on time, in the morning and had the whole thing built within 6 hours.

09/24/2012

Overall the key factor here was cost. Quotes from other local building firms to demolish the old 2 car garage, pour a new slab, and build a new single car garage with car-port, were in the range $24-30k. Going the pre-fab route, we were able to demolish and get the slab done for about $5k (did this independently, not via wood-tex), then $6700 for the new construction, so less than half the price all-told.

Description of Work
Wood-Tex delivered/built a single car garage with attached porch/car-port. The design and pre-fab process was very easy (willing to work with quite strict city spec's on fire code etc.). Delivery was almost on time (7 weeks vs. 5-6 quoted) and the delivery / biuilding crew were very professional. They basically got a 10' wide 18' long garage into our driveway which is only 10'5" wide, without damaging the house or any of the plants in the garden. The price included delivery within 100 mile radius, so even though they're almost 2 hours away from Rochester it was free delivery. There was an unfortunate mix up in their fabrication shop, they actually delivered a garage with the wrong type of roof. This was an understandable mistake, and they went over-and-above to rectify the matter... 10 days later they sent a 4 man crew who spent two whole days completely rebuilding the roof of the garage, painting and finishing everything to the required spec'.

08/08/2011

They allowed me to design my garage. And it turned out beautiful. I think the world of the work they do. They are extremely professional and nice to work with. I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Built a garage in one day.

Category garage builders

Build of storage buildings, barns and structures, garages, horse barns, log cabins & chicken coops.

Ask for details.