APPLIANCE PRO

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2010

We do general contracting work including appliance installation,plumbing,window and wall AC's,decking,siding,kitchen remodeling,counter tops,and much more all at competitive prices. We also guarantee lower prices on appliance installations than all major retailers. For more information give us a call we do it all !...

WS Painting

WS Painting provides general painting services in the Connecticut and surrounding areas.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until you are satisfied! Call or click to schedule an estimate today

JRS Tape And Paint

We have over 20 years of experience in residential, commercial and union, and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting, Pressure Washing and minor Carpentry repairs, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today, no deposits are required, payment is upon satisfaction of completion!

MVP Painting

We are a full service Painting Company that is dedicated to Quality. We have over 25 years in the industry. Our crew is trustworthy and dedicated to your satisfaction

03/27/2014

BETH M.

The install was a nightmare. It started off OK, although they were early which left my teenage son to let them in. He took a look at the work space and said that the wiring from the previous unit was hard-wired and it would cost an extra 100.00 to fix it. My gut told me that it was excessive but we discussed it a bit. I had an electrician coming to the house a few days later. He explained that without the wiring in place, he could hang it but could not warranty the install. So I reluctantly paid the fee. This was a Sears installation so I had already paid $139. The primary installer made the holes (very sloppy) in my upper cabinet, used the template for the support piece, He hung the microwave and tested it. It wasn't venting properly. He was getting ready to leave and said "Well, what do you want me to do about it?" I told him that I wanted to fix it. He was angry and noisy about starting over. He said the problem was that the cabinets weren't level and the holes (which he created) weren't lining up, OR it was because of the tile (which we were planning to remove anyway.) I removed the tile while he removed an old stove which was decent of him for an extra $20. I stepped out of the room and when I returned, he said that the microwave was broken. The mounting bracket must have been "defective", which is what he told me to tell Sears. He removed the microwave to return it to Sears. AFTERMATH My electrician two days later informed me that the $100.00 job that the installer did was FRAUDULENT. He took the existing wires and put them into a plug end. It represented 1 minute of work and a 25 cent piece of equipment. He said that wiring would not only not passed inspection but it was dangerous. A simple check with a level validated that the cabinets were plumb. The "defective" nature of the mounting bracket was only revealed with excessive force. An attorney friend suggested that I stop payment on the check since fraud was involved and that I should pay him for the stove removal which seemed a fare price. Because he removed the microwave from my home, which is against Sears' protocol, an even exchange was not possible. So now I have a torn up cabinet, an empty wall, 4 days of stress trying to get it resolved and I need to start all over again.

Description of Work
The provider attempted to install an over-the-range microwave.

Category appliance repair

03/03/2013

Karen D.

I was happy with the installation and the people who came to do it.

Description of Work
I purchased a dishwasher with installation through Sears and Appliance Pro were the contractors assigned to do the installation. Sears really messed up the delivery and these guys helped me navigate through it based on their experience. I was so frustrated with Sears but so happy for the help and advice I got from Appliance Pro. When I finally received my dishwasher and they came to install it and they did a great job. I talked to them about the other services that they offer and plan to use them in the future for a wall oven installation that will require some cabinet work - they have a carpenter that can do that for me so they can take care of a job that I would otherwise have to use 2 different contractors for.

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

APPLIANCE PRO

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2010

240 LILY LAKE RD

Highland, NY 12528

appliances,plumbing,water heaters,water softeners,water treatment,window and wall AC's,decking,siding,kitchen remodeling,scrap removal,clean up,hard wood floors,moving,lawn mower and tractor repair,windows and doors,and much more.